PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Facebook Group

LarryBoy
August 25th, 2006, 06:38 PM
For any college students (or those who are recently graduated) that are on facebook: I started a I-AA group, for the sole purpose of seeing a lot of people join and make me and others feel like we're not alone in this I-A-dominated world.

http://furman.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2207284135

The link may or may not work. If it doesn't, just do a group search for "I-AA's Unite." And then invite your friends.

blackfordpu
August 25th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Link worked, I'm in.:nod:

CoastalFan2005
August 25th, 2006, 10:04 PM
There's also a global AGS group, just search AnyGivenSaturday.com on Facebook.

CCUCheer
August 26th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Yep the linked worked for me too. I'm in. Thanks :)

The Gadfly
August 26th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Is the one for AGS just for CCU (like a CCU club) or is there another one that I don't know about?

The Gadfly
August 26th, 2006, 01:06 PM
There's one on Coastal's clubs as well.

DuckDuckGriz
August 26th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I joined, but I go to a I-A school. Hope that's okay :o

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2006, 11:27 PM
I was actually kind of wondering what took so long for a Facebook group to begin :rotateh:

EKU05
August 26th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I was actually kind of wondering what took so long for a Facebook group to begin :rotateh:

Because until fairly recently you could only start groups within your own school.

TheValleyRaider
August 26th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Because until fairly recently you could only start groups within your own school.

Makes sense. Since joining, I've only updated things on Facebook when I get an email saying someone wants me to be their friend, so I'm not entirely up to date on it.

SuperJon
August 27th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I'm in.

KiddBrewer
August 27th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Super Jon, this is Ryan Earnhardt.....if youre the guy im thinkin of, holler at me.

SuperJon
August 27th, 2006, 10:16 AM
What the piss are you up to kid? Wow, small world.

smallcollegefbfan
August 27th, 2006, 01:44 PM
For any college students (or those who are recently graduated) that are on facebook: I started a I-AA group, for the sole purpose of seeing a lot of people join and make me and others feel like we're not alone in this I-A-dominated world.

http://furman.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2207284135

The link may or may not work. If it doesn't, just do a group search for "I-AA's Unite." And then invite your friends.

With the name change a new group should be formed right? I was going to join but then I figured that we should probably form a group for the new name.

I am one who realizes that 90 percent of the top players in the nation come from I-A and that the media should talk about I-A much more, but, I also am tired of hearing them belittle I-AA like there can never be a good player come out. Having former I-AA players like T.O. act stupid like he has been does not help out lol. But for every one guy like him you have a Brian Westbrook, Dexter Coakley, Adrian Peterson, etc. who are class acts. With 72 I-A vs. I-AA games this year I just hope to see about 10 I-AA wins. The only way to get respect is beat these boys but the trouble is that I-A teams like MTSU, Arkansas State, ULM, ULL, etc. who would lose to top 20 I-AA teams do not want to play them. The only games top 10 I-AA teams can get are against VT, Florida, Texas, Texas Tech, LSU, etc. and those will never be won hardly. I do enjoy watching college football in general. The division does make the player, the heart, character, and worth ethic makes him. There are good players from every division who just get overlooked. I just don't see why some media do not understand that.

It is good that ESPN does not draft talent for NFL teams. If they did then the NFL would be full of I-A players only lol. At least the NFL does it's research. I really don't care about how ESPN perceives small schools anymore. You can't do anything about it and there is no reason to lose sleep over it. I am like many and get tired of it but I also don't hate ESPN because of it. I just don't listen to what they have to say on small school teams because I know they don't put much research into them.