PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State AD said $40 Million stadium upgrade is coming.

da_bears
January 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Track will be removed, field moved closer to west stands, completely new east side of stadium. South end zone may have club seating. Capacity will be similar to the current 16,000 seats but will be built so it can easily expand. I believe this has to be preparations for moving to FBS with that amount of money being spent.

mmiller_34
January 25th, 2013, 06:23 PM
When?

344Johnson
January 25th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Great news. Nice to see upgrades happening for several MVFC schools recently/coming up. SIU, Ill State sooner or later, SDSU sooner or later, Missouri State....

citdog
January 25th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I believe this has to be preparations for moving to FBS with that amount of money being spent.

because no one needs a new stadium to play FCS. xrolleyesx

R3TRO
January 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM
because no one needs a new stadium to play FCS. xrolleyesx

New stadium = FBS move... duh

That's the only reason UNH is still FCS... xrolleyesx

da_bears
January 25th, 2013, 08:20 PM
When?

A.D. said track removal will start before end of next football season

mmiller_34
January 25th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Great news. Nice to see upgrades happening for several MVFC schools recently/coming up. SIU, Ill State sooner or later, SDSU sooner or later, Missouri State....

Ill State's Stadium is actually undergoing renovations as we speak, they even have a website for it: Hancock Stadium Renovation (http://www.goredbirds.com/hancockrenovation/)

Also, SDSU is going to break ground sometime this spring on the Indoor Practice Facility.

P.s. If anyone wants to instruct me how to insert a normal sized picture, please PM me. I've been frustrated with that since 2005.

superman7515
January 25th, 2013, 10:03 PM
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/pantagraph.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/e1/6e133b1a-4960-11e2-8b5d-001a4bcf887a/50d0eb014d55e.preview-620.jpg

mmiller_34
January 25th, 2013, 10:13 PM
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/pantagraph.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/e1/6e133b1a-4960-11e2-8b5d-001a4bcf887a/50d0eb014d55e.preview-620.jpg

My hero...

GAD
January 25th, 2013, 11:18 PM
xthumbsupx

MSUBear42
January 26th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Well, our AD has gone from saying "NO NO NO" when asked about conferences to now saying "We'll be in position"

May not seem like a huge deal, but for our AD who is like Fort Knox, it's a huge statement.

Even if it's not for a move up in the future, the removal of the track could be the best thing to ever happen to that stadium. Especially if it means that they'll move seating closer to the field.

As far as stadium elements, he was talking about having the new side be mixed with student apartments and the stadium itself, like Jacksonville State.

UNHFan
January 26th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Any chance they can allocate 400 dollars for UNH upgrade...400 would be a major help for us!xlolx

Southern Bison
January 26th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Congrats on the project MoSt.!

Mattymc727
January 26th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Any word on how the money was raised? Was there a lot of money given from the state or was it mostly private fundraising? Just curious, the state of NH will give 0 dollars to unh for a football stadium so they have to do it through private fundraising.

citdog
January 26th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Any word on how the money was raised? Was there a lot of money given from the state or was it mostly private fundraising? Just curious, the state of NH will give 0 dollars to unh for a football stadium so they have to do it through private fundraising.

unh should be ashamed of their stadium. Especially when schools like The Citadel, with less than 15,000 living Alumni, are able to raise money to get a stadium project built but the flagship university for a yankee State cannot. Is their NO LOYALTY to unh from its graduates?

bisonnation
January 26th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Great job Missouri State! The Missouri Valley continues to show why it is one of the top 3 conferences in the nation. This makes everyone better. NDSU, Youngstown, Southern Illinois, and Missouri State will all have top notch stadiums. And the Missouri Valley actually has 3 dome teams which is unique. And 6 teams routinely average better than 10k and Missouri State will some day be #7

Mattymc727
January 26th, 2013, 07:50 PM
unh should be ashamed of their stadium. Especially when schools like The Citadel, with less than 15,000 living Alumni, are able to raise money to get a stadium project built but the flagship university for a yankee State cannot. Is their NO LOYALTY to unh from its graduates?

I dont know the answer cit, there is probably some truth to that. I am not an alumni so I dont know why such poor fundraising efforts. i do know that New England itself is very professional sports oriented, unlike the south. UNH has to compete with the Patriots, Bruins, Red Sox, and Celtics for fans.

TheRevSFA
January 26th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Track will be removed, field moved closer to west stands, completely new east side of stadium. South end zone may have club seating. Capacity will be similar to the current 16,000 seats but will be built so it can easily expand. I believe this has to be preparations for moving to FBS with that amount of money being spent.

I honestly had to ask "who" when I read this. You aren't going FBS. Enjoy FCS ball and the MVFC

344Johnson
January 27th, 2013, 02:10 AM
I honestly had to ask "who" when I read this. You aren't going FBS. Enjoy FCS ball and the MVFC

Missouri State has good placement to eventually go FBS. Look at some of the teams who have been invited. That said, I hope they stay FCS. I think they have all the capabilities to be a serviceable MVFC team.

MplsBison
January 27th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Ill State's Stadium is actually undergoing renovations as we speak, they even have a website for it: Hancock Stadium Renovation (http://www.goredbirds.com/hancockrenovation/)

Also, SDSU is going to break ground sometime this spring on the Indoor Practice Facility.

P.s. If anyone wants to instruct me how to insert a normal sized picture, please PM me. I've been frustrated with that since 2005.

Not sure if you got the answer already, but all I ever do is use the "[img]" tags and put the URL of the actual picture itself (not some webpage prominently showing the picture) between them.

TheRevSFA
January 27th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Missouri State has good placement to eventually go FBS. Look at some of the teams who have been invited. That said, I hope they stay FCS. I think they have all the capabilities to be a serviceable MVFC team.

Into which conference? The MAC? The Sun Belt? They aren't in the SB footprint, CUSA? Springfield isn't the market they want

MplsBison
January 27th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Into which conference? The MAC? The Sun Belt? They aren't in the SB footprint, CUSA? Springfield isn't the market they want

Maybe as a replacement for Tulsa (to the Big East)?

TheRevSFA
January 27th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Maybe as a replacement for Tulsa (to the Big East)?

Try again

Saint3333
January 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
The Belt would add them before some Southland programs.

TheRevSFA
January 27th, 2013, 10:05 AM
The Belt would add them before some Southland programs.

Based on history, they'd add them before Appalachian State too

MSUBear42
January 27th, 2013, 10:21 AM

Interesting...

Here's a bit about us:
-MO's second largest university in the third largest city
-21,000 students on Springfield campus, 23,000+ system wide
-School just finished the "our promise" campaign for endowment and raised almost $190 million
-Finished $67 mil JQH Arena in 2008
-And, what seems to be most important during all these changes, the 91st TV market in the US, plus giant alumni bases in both St Louis and Kansas City
I could go on and on, but all I will say is sooner or later the product on the field will catch up with the support being given.

citdog
January 27th, 2013, 10:30 AM

hell there are teams that haven't ever played a game who have an invite in hand and some who have less than a half decade of football who also have an invite. of course those schools actually have COMPETENT LEADERSHIP in place.

asumike83
January 27th, 2013, 10:35 AM
hell there are teams that haven't ever played a game who have an invite in hand and some who have less than a half decade of football who also have an invite. of course those schools actually have COMPETENT LEADERSHIP in place.

By "competent leadership", I'm assuming that you mean "2 million+ metro area"?

citdog
January 27th, 2013, 10:50 AM
By "competent leadership", I'm assuming that you mean "2 million+ metro area"?

that shouldn't matter. you're the MIGHTY OZ remember?

http://www.chud.com/articles/content_images/5/great-powerful-oz.jpg

Saint3333
January 27th, 2013, 11:02 AM

Maybe so but both would've added before SL conference members, fill better now?

DFW HOYA
January 27th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Interesting...

Here's a bit about us:
-MO's second largest university in the third largest city
-21,000 students on Springfield campus, 23,000+ system wide
-School just finished the "our promise" campaign for endowment and raised almost $190 million
-Finished $67 mil JQH Arena in 2008
-And, what seems to be most important during all these changes, the 91st TV market in the US, plus giant alumni bases in both St Louis and Kansas City
I could go on and on, but all I will say is sooner or later the product on the field will catch up with the support being given.

Springfield is now the #74 market.

http://www.tvb.org/media/file/TVB_Market_Profiles_Nielsen_Household_DMA_Ranks2.p df

GlassOnion
January 27th, 2013, 02:05 PM
So where is the $40 million coming from? The students? The state? It cant be attendance, 8700 per game in ticket sales is probably not enough to pay the upkeep of its current sports facilities, let alone debt service on the new $67 mill arena and $40 mill stadium enhancement.

superman7515
January 27th, 2013, 02:41 PM
So where is the $40 million coming from? The students? The state? It cant be attendance, 8700 per game in ticket sales is probably not enough to pay the upkeep of its current sports facilities, let alone debt service on the new $67 mill arena and $40 mill stadium enhancement.

Judging from an older article (can't find anything new on this or with a definitive price tag) the Director of Athletics wanted to put the majority of it on student fees.

http://www.the-standard.org/news/football-stadium-in-need-of-a-face-lift/article_a01c33d2-3835-11e2-a0e3-001a4bcf6878.html

In regards to student funding, Moats pointed to Illinois State University, where a $25 million major renovation to Hancock Stadium is planned. Funding for the project will come largely from student fees, which will provide all but $5 million needed for the project. Hancock Stadium currently holds 7,700 people with 84.6 percent attendance.

Moats also used the newly-constructed Foster Recreation Center at MSU as an example of what student fees can accomplish.

“Foster Rec Center was the perfect situation, and look what you get when you combine university money, student money and philanthropic contributions: something great,” he said. “We could do something like that on the east side (of Plaster) if we all get together.”

da_bears
January 27th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Well that stinks. Cant say I'd be too thrilled if I was a student. 8,000 attendees at games, 21,000 students, means probably only about 20% of students even attend games. The article you posted put the price tag at $25 mill. with $20 mill falling on the students, which would take 9 years to pay off at $100 a year increase in student fees. The most recent had the number at $50 mill. making $45 million unaccounted for. $2,150 per current student.

None of that takes into account the $67 million arena, OR the new recreation center cited by the AD. Looks like things are going to be getting mighty expensive at MSU.

There have been a lot of donations and sponsorship deals for the arena. J.Q. Hammons who the arena is named after donated $30 million, a local bank donated over $1 million for the scoreboards, I think the $2 million locker rooms at the arena was all raised from private donations as well. JQH Arena also has 22 suites that were sold out before it opened and I believe those went for over $20k/year each. I know when they built it they said no taxpayer money would be used and I think it pays for its own annual costs with ticket sales/concerts/etc.

GlassOnion
January 27th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Judging from an older article (can't find anything new on this or with a definitive price tag) the Director of Athletics wanted to put the majority of it on student fees.

http://www.the-standard.org/news/football-stadium-in-need-of-a-face-lift/article_a01c33d2-3835-11e2-a0e3-001a4bcf6878.html

Oops. read that wrong the first time. Mulligan.

8000 attendance, means roughly 20% of the student population even goes to games. $50 million would be almost $2400 per current student. Add the $67 mill arena, and the new rec center, and thats a heck of an increase in fees in a short time.

TheRevSFA
January 27th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Maybe so but both would've added before SL conference members, fill better now?

Lamar would get back before app. They were sun belt and are still loved

Saint3333
January 27th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Maybe guess we'll see within 6 months. Haven't heard their name as much as App and GSU from Belt ADs and their commish.

citdog
January 27th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Maybe guess we'll see within 6 months. Haven't heard their name as much as App and GSU from Belt ADs and their commish.

so "within six months' is the NEW timetable?

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

Saint3333
January 27th, 2013, 07:19 PM
The Belt will expand before next season or so their commish said.

asumike83
January 27th, 2013, 07:36 PM
so "within six months' is the NEW timetable?

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

Not our timetable to set. Our administration has said the exact same thing from the day the feasibility study concluded: we want to go FBS if or when the right opportunity presents itself. We didn't jump in the dumpster fire when the WAC wanted to start an Eastern division and we didn't bail out on the move up and jump to the CAA. All that ASU can do is sit tight and wait for other conferences to replace members or expand. When that happens is completely up to them.

citdog
January 27th, 2013, 08:27 PM
The Belt .

please stop calling it that. it's TOTALLY LAME.

that's a collection of losers that is.

TheRevSFA
January 27th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Not our timetable to set. Our administration has said the exact same thing from the day the feasibility study concluded: we want to go FBS if or when the right opportunity presents itself. We didn't jump in the dumpster fire when the WAC wanted to start an Eastern division and we didn't bail out on the move up and jump to the CAA. All that ASU can do is sit tight and wait for other conferences to replace members or expand. When that happens is completely up to them.

This isn't about App as much as the fans who have said such gems as. "April 1 we get an invite" and "next season, if we are playoff eligible"

I could package all of these into a two disc set if I felt the need

TheRevSFA
January 27th, 2013, 08:32 PM

From Belt ADs you mean message board fodder

Hey I know a guy who had dinner with Benson and he said they're inviting Florida A&M for the Tallahassee market

Saint3333
January 27th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Nope, Troy's ADs is quoted as such. Nice try though.

http://mobi.dothaneagle.com/dothan/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=5HeKE8dY&full=true#display

citdog
January 27th, 2013, 08:48 PM

http://mobi.dothaneagle.com/dothan/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=5HeKE8dY&full=true#display

I can't imagine ANYTHING MORE EMBARRASSING THAN WAITING FOR THE LIKES OF TROY STATE, OR ARKANSAS STATE TO JUDGE ME WORTHY OF ANYTHING.

Saint3333
January 27th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I can, we lost to Citadel this year ;).

Man you seem to have a lot invested in this, why so concerned.

citdog
January 27th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I can, we lost to Citadel this year ;).

Man you seem to have a lot invested in this, why so concerned.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002531041/06e2d7d33ba14854b792215614201c17_answer_1_xlarge.p ng

TheRevSFA
January 27th, 2013, 09:27 PM

The AD is saying who he thinks would be good, not the conference.

I mean, I guess you gotta try to find the silver lining

Saint3333
January 27th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I'm not sure you understand how this works. The presidents of universities vote not conference reps. I don't think it is a stretch that presidents discuss who their ADs would like to add. If the AD likes a program and the academics check out (they do) that's a vote yes.

Looks like my story checks out, spin that however you'd like.

TheRevSFA
January 27th, 2013, 09:58 PM
I'm not sure you understand how this works. The presidents of universities vote not conference reps. I don't think it is a stretch that presidents discuss who their ADs would like to add. If the AD likes a program and the academics check out (they do) that's a vote yes.

Looks like my story checks out, spin that however you'd like.

Believe me I know how it works. I also know that ULM, Texas state and UL-L are against Sam coming to the belt.

However I think Georgia Southern and Lamar get in first.

Moreso it's the offseason and I'm just debating in the spirit of debate

MplsBison
January 28th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Lamar, Sam and San Marcos are in the same university system. So why would they be against Sam but for Lamar?

GSU and ASU make sense to me. Especially if they lose ANOTHER football member due to Tulsa moving from CUSA to Big East and thus the CUSA taking another Sun Belt to backfill.

ThompsonThe
January 28th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Believe me I know how it works. I also know that ULM, Texas state and UL-L are against Sam coming to the belt.

However I think Georgia Southern and Lamar get in first.

Moreso it's the offseason and I'm just debating in the spirit of debate

TheRevSFA ----Actually you are a Stephen F. Austin poster that follows the Sun Belt continuously because you do not want Sam Houston State to get into the Sun Belt unless your school does. We all know that. Never understood why so many people discussed SFA would have a nervous breakdown if Sam Houston did something without them, guess they are talking about your puppy dog tactics. Why the huge obsession with Sam Houston?

ThompsonThe
January 28th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Concerning Missouri State - This is JUST ramblings by a MSU poster that is in deep deep need of having some faith that Missouri State is going to do something in football to their liking. With a 6-5 record being their best football season during the past 20 years, 8,000 attendance average, only filling their present stadium by 53%, only an 11.3 million dollar athletic budget, they have not even got an architect to make any drawings yet, just the ramblings of an administrator as to what he WISHES they could hopefully do. No definite plans, No mention as to how they might raise the money for this sometime in the future, nothing. If you read the article posted it even sounds like that administrator has huge depression about it. Quote - Pottgen said he hopes some kind of plans can be announced soon, and that renovations to Plaster would serve as “that one single flower blooming from a grave,” in the grand scheme of MSU football.
“I feel like right now, it’s the biggest thing that needs to happen, because right now, everyone is starting to get frustrated,” Pottgen said. “Something positive has got to happen.”" No offense, but how depressing! There was another article from December that said that the administration was mandating that MSU play at least two FBS games per year because they absolutely had to have the money. This is far far from reading anything into it about Missouri State going to the FBS. It sounds as if they will be lucky to pay their current bills and even maintain a football program from reading these articles.

Bisonoline
January 28th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Concerning Missouri State - This is JUST ramblings by a MSU poster that is in deep deep need of having some faith that Missouri State is going to do something in football to their liking. With a 6-5 record being their best football season during the past 20 years, 8,000 attendance average, only filling their present stadium by 53%, only an 11.3 million dollar athletic budget, they have not even got an architect to make any drawings yet, just the ramblings of an administrator as to what he WISHES they could hopefully do. No definite plans, No mention as to how they might raise the money for this sometime in the future, nothing. If you read the article posted it even sounds like that administrator has huge depression about it. Quote - Pottgen said he hopes some kind of plans can be announced soon, and that renovations to Plaster would serve as “that one single flower blooming from a grave,” in the grand scheme of MSU football.
“I feel like right now, it’s the biggest thing that needs to happen, because right now, everyone is starting to get frustrated,” Pottgen said. “Something positive has got to happen.”" No offense, but how depressing! There was another article from December that said that the administration was mandating that MSU play at least two FBS games per year because they absolutely had to have the money. This is far far from reading anything into it about Missouri State going to the FBS. It sounds as if they will be lucky to pay their current bills and even maintain a football program from reading these articles.

MSU really needed to do something about their stadium. I dont think FBS is in there future.

TheRevSFA
January 28th, 2013, 05:24 AM
TheRevSFA ----Actually you are a Stephen F. Austin poster that follows the Sun Belt continuously because you do not want Sam Houston State to get into the Sun Belt unless your school does. We all know that. Never understood why so many people discussed SFA would have a nervous breakdown if Sam Houston did something without them, guess they are talking about your puppy dog tactics. Why the huge obsession with Sam Houston?

Of course SFA doesn't want to lose our rivalry with Sam seeing as how it is one of the oldest in Texas, but it's the same as Georgia southern leaving you behind for greener pastures.

I know SFA can't and won't jump because we lack the money and we also have fanbase issues. If Sam ever gets to that point and can jump, then I won't like it but I will wish them the best

MPLS, just because you're in the same system doesn't mean you want the same things for the other schools. Texas State has tried to elevate themselves over Sam. Those two schools have always had a great pissing match amongst themselves

Would NDSU support UND moving FBS with them? I doubt it seeing as how you can't even schedule a ****ing football game between those two schools

GeauxLions94
January 28th, 2013, 06:12 AM
There have been a lot of donations and sponsorship deals for the arena. J.Q. Hammons who the arena is named after donated $30 million, a local bank donated over $1 million for the scoreboards, I think the $2 million locker rooms at the arena was all raised from private donations as well. JQH Arena also has 22 suites that were sold out before it opened and I believe those went for over $20k/year each. I know when they built it they said no taxpayer money would be used and I think it pays for its own annual costs with ticket sales/concerts/etc.

I remember going the Springfield for a hoops game a few years ago before the current arena was built and J.Q. Hammons name was everywhere except at Bass Pro.

Based on past performances in football, I don't see Mo State making a move to FBS (at least a successful move and especially pertaining to conference membership), but it's hard to look past the amount of money raised.

ThompsonThe
January 28th, 2013, 11:58 AM
This isn't about App as much as the fans who have said such gems as. "April 1 we get an invite" and "next season, if we are playoff eligible"

I could package all of these into a two disc set if I felt the need

THIS is why TheRevSFA we get upset with you. What the heck do you have against App State? You are on various boards trying to demean us for some reason? http://www.the-standard.org/news/football-stadium-in-need-of-a-face-lift/article_a01c33d2-3835-11e2-a0e3-001a4bcf6878.html The above is a link to that article by the way if not everyone has it.

MSUBear42
January 28th, 2013, 12:29 PM

You have no clue what you're talking about, but thanks for chiming in.

Here are the facts:
Our AD said this is just a matter of time
Our AD said this would put us in position to move up, "IF IMPROVEMENT ON THE FIELD IS SHOWN" (direct quote)

MSU is not going to count their chickens before they hatch because they don't want to be like Illinois State who announced what they wanted to do then nothing happened for like 10 years

citdog
January 28th, 2013, 12:32 PM
You have no clue what you're talking about, but thanks for chiming in.

Here are the facts:
Our AD said this is just a matter of time
Our AD said this would put us in position to move up, "IF IMPROVEMENT ON THE FIELD IS SHOWN" (direct quote)

MSU is not going to count their chickens before they hatch because they don't want to be like Illinois State who announced what they wanted to do then nothing happened for like 10 years

perhaps all those with delusions about where they are headed should form their own FCS Conference.

TheRevSFA
January 28th, 2013, 12:39 PM
THIS is why TheRevSFA we get upset with you. What the heck do you have against App State? You are on various boards trying to demean us for some reason? http://www.the-standard.org/news/football-stadium-in-need-of-a-face-lift/article_a01c33d2-3835-11e2-a0e3-001a4bcf6878.html The above is a link to that article by the way if not everyone has it.

Am I on every board going around demeaning App State? I mean..I could if you want me to. If it will help you feel better about yourself, I'll do it during my nightly **** time. I mean..I normally read the paper but I gladly can take the time to do what you need while shaking off the dingleberries. Does that work for you?

As for Missouri State and the Bear fans, I'm happy you are getting a face lift. It's great to see upgrades done to stadiums. Sam has 50 million going to upgrades for Bowers and SFA has some in the works. It's great to see facelifts.

Facelifts do not get you FBS though. Hell, even being a successful program doesn't get you FBS. I give you Georgia State, UTSA, and UNC-Charlotte as exhibits A, B, and C.

MSUBear42
January 28th, 2013, 12:41 PM
perhaps all those with delusions about where they are headed should form their own FCS Conference.

How the f* is anyone saying msu is moving? People really need to learn how to read.

A I know is our administration is usually Fort Knox when it comes to things like this, so the fact that he went public is very telling.

citdog
January 28th, 2013, 12:44 PM
How the f* is anyone saying msu is moving? People really need to learn how to read.

YEAH....maybe you should read the first post in this thread.

TheRevSFA
January 28th, 2013, 12:49 PM

A I know is our administration is usually Fort Knox when it comes to things like this, so the fact that he went public is very telling.

Does that help?

Sandlapper Spike
January 28th, 2013, 01:04 PM

I can't imagine ANYTHING MORE EMBARRASSING THAN WAITING FOR THE LIKES OF TROY STATE, OR ARKANSAS STATE TO JUDGE ME WORTHY OF ANYTHING.

I don't know about that. The AD at Troy is John Hartwell -- who is, after all, a graduate of The Citadel.

---

I think there is still time for App and GSU to get their Sun Belt invites, but if June rolls around and those invitations haven't been sent, I dunno...

MSUBear42
January 28th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Does that help?

Yes, it does, because no one ever said "were doing this to move up!"Just speculating, which, to be honest, you don't drop $40 million just to stay in FCS. Period. But especially in this area where FCS might as well be NAIA.

TheRevSFA
January 28th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Yes, it does, because no one ever said "were doing this to move up!"Just speculating, which, to be honest, you don't drop $40 million just to stay in FCS. Period. But especially in this area where FCS might as well be NAIA.

So Alabama State is moving up to FBS with their new stadium then?

MplsBison
January 28th, 2013, 05:40 PM
So Alabama State is moving up to FBS with their new stadium then?

They should!

darell1976
January 28th, 2013, 05:58 PM
New stadium = FBS move... duh

That's the only reason UNH is still FCS... xrolleyesx

Its all a big plan to move UND into the MVFC to meet up with the other 3 Dakota teams. Idaho moves back to the Big Sky, UND to the MVFC and Missouri State to an FBS conference.xlolx

MplsBison
January 28th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Its all a big plan to move UND into the MVFC to meet up with the other 3 Dakota teams. Idaho moves back to the Big Sky, UND to the MVFC and Missouri State to an FBS conference.xlolx

Yeah except Idaho would drop football before moving down. Take that to bank.

darell1976
January 28th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Yeah except Idaho would drop football before moving down. Take that to bank.

They are already back in the Big Sky for basketball...football will be next.

MplsBison
January 28th, 2013, 09:22 PM
They are already back in the Big Sky for basketball...football will be next.

Moving from the WAC to the Big Sky is nothing for basketball. It's not a drop down.

It's changing from one DI conference to another DI conference.

Moving from FBS to FCS is analogous to moving from DI bball down to DII bball.