PDA

View Full Version : I-AA ESPNRADIO discussion

bodoyle
August 25th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Dan Patrick show talking about 1aa's playing 1a's for money.

Guy from App St just called, Jason I think, talked about his team beating Wake. Bill and Mary alum called talking about it.

They are not talking about good 1aa teams playing the big boys. They are talking about teams like Buffalo (DP's reference).

bodoyle
August 25th, 2006, 12:54 PM
DP is talking about how 1aa teams pay for a beating. Small schools get exploited for $.

The fans calling in say how it helps build the school (Citadel guy called saying the money went for improvements to the stadium)

putter
August 25th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I am glad to hear that I-AA proponents are calling in making a case.

bodoyle
August 25th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Herbstreit was on before all this, and said they dont need to do this because it is just embarrasing.

trop st
ul monroe
buffalo

All mentioned as being exploited to fill athletic pockets.

August 25th, 2006, 01:24 PM
more talking about non-BCS teams playing BCS teams for money

August 25th, 2006, 01:38 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/23/sports/ncaafootball/23college.html?_r=1&ref=ncaafootball&oref=slogin is the article they are talking about.

In College Football, Big Paydays for Humiliation
By PETE THAMEL
...Sometimes these games backfire for major colleges and create a wonderful publicity opportunity for the supposedly weaker opponents. Last year’s stunner came when the University of California at Davis, a fledgling Division I-AA program, scored in the waning moments to upset Stanford. Two seasons ago, Maine won at Mississippi State.
While those moments are rare, they inspire the players who face better opponents in hostile environments.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 25th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Sometimes these games backfire for major colleges and create a wonderful publicity opportunity for the supposedly weaker opponents. Last year’s stunner came when the University of California at Davis, a fledgling Division I-AA program, scored in the waning moments to upset Stanford. Two seasons ago, Maine won at Mississippi State.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

DetroitFlyer
August 25th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Proud graduate of I-AA, University of Dayton!!

putter
August 25th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Still Ralph,

It's like listening to Mark May on ESPN. He give absolutely NO credit to anything that is not I-A. Even then they cover the playoffs he acts like it is grade school football and the only time he praises anything is when a player, who dropped down from I-A makes a play, he calls it out saying he is a I-A player making a big-time play. Herbstreit is the same way. Corso was here at Montana State and spoke very highly of I-AA.

PaladinFan
August 25th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Odd that Mark May doesn't give IAA any credit as Furman nearly embarrassed the hell out of his Pitt Panthers at home.

I do know that Auburn pretty much keeps UL Monroe's athletic program in business.

August 25th, 2006, 03:43 PM
yeah, Patrick's guest said that I-AA was teams of walkons and second string high school players.

Remember, this is ESPN, the Extremely Shallow and Pathetic Network.

DUPFLFan
August 25th, 2006, 03:48 PM

I thought is was the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network?

bison95
August 25th, 2006, 03:55 PM
yeah, Patrick's guest said that I-AA was teams of walkons and second string high school players.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I would like to see a list of what these idiots think are the greatest players in NFL history, and see how many second string high school players like Jerry Rice, Walter Peyton, Terrell Owens and so on, end up on their list:eek: :eek:

August 25th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I'll have clips on I-AA WAVES this next week for us all to laugh at.

August 25th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I would like to see a list of what these idiots thinkBTW, the "idiot" that said that was some guy named Keith Olberman.

ASU Kep
August 25th, 2006, 04:15 PM
We should get our own cable channel. :D

bison95
August 25th, 2006, 04:32 PM
BTW, the "idiot" that said that was some guy named Keith Olberman.

Yep, Idiot ancor dude who started out on ESPN, and now comes back to work with Dan because no one else willxlolx

LarryBoy
August 25th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Odd that Mark May doesn't give IAA any credit as Furman nearly embarrassed the hell out of his Pitt Panthers at home.

I do know that Auburn pretty much keeps UL Monroe's athletic program in business.

In analysis of the Furman/Pitt game on College Gameday, May said that Furman "didn't even belong on the same field as Pittsburgh."

And we think we have homers on this board....

August 25th, 2006, 09:21 PM
In analysis of the Furman/Pitt game on College Gameday, May said that Furman "didn't even belong on the same field as Pittsburgh."...Extremely Shallow and Pathetic Network.

blackfordpu
August 25th, 2006, 09:37 PM

I heard the same thing and could not believe I heard that comment. xidiotx :nono:

poly51
August 25th, 2006, 09:54 PM
BTW, the "idiot" that said that was some guy named Keith Olberman.

Ralph, I think your assesment is correct. He is the host of Countdown on MSNBC. He does a segment called The Worst People In The World. Maybe he should make it on to his own list. You can email him at countdown@msnbc. I already have.