PDA

View Full Version : UD Coach

Fear the Bird
January 17th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Looking like Dave Brock will be announced tomorrow

MR. CHICKEN
January 17th, 2013, 10:22 PM
17497....DOWNER!....WANTED COHEN..........BUT HEY...AH ALSO WANTED........SOME NEW TIES...FO' X-MAS......xoopsx......BRAWK!

Lehigh Football Nation
January 17th, 2013, 10:37 PM
"Reinvigorate the base"

MR. CHICKEN
January 17th, 2013, 10:42 PM
BEN-GAY...WOODAH.....RE-INVIGORATED...DUH BASE.....AWK!

DFW HOYA
January 17th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Impact on recruiting?

citdog
January 17th, 2013, 10:47 PM
http://www.ghwk.de/ghwk/sonderausstellung/lodz/dokument13.jpg

MR. CHICKEN
January 17th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Impact on recruiting?

PROLLY...GET UH COUPLE.....SKARLET-NITE.....WALK-ON....X-FERS...............BRAWK!

superman7515
January 17th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Disappointing. "Nationwide" search to "reinvigorate the fanbase" and it goes to one of his buddies from his Boston College days.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 17th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Disappointing. "Nationwide" search to "reinvigorate the fanbase" and it goes to one of his buddies from his Boston College days.

This was about as national as Appalachian State's.

MR. CHICKEN
January 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM
NATIONAL...=.......NEW JOISY!

LEAST HIS CAR INSURANCE.....DROPS...LIKE LEHIGH...CREDIBILITY!

superman7515
January 17th, 2013, 11:07 PM
This was about as national as Appalachian State's.

Well it was national in the fact they let anyone in the nation apply, but the only guy not linked to UD or the new AD from his Boston College days that anyone knows interviewed was Dallas Cowboy's tight end coach John Garrett. I agree, 1 out of 12 interviews isn't a national search.

MR. CHICKEN
January 17th, 2013, 11:10 PM
NO ONE....FROM SAY.....WEBER STATE...WANTED TA PUT DUH PARKA......IN MOTH-BALLS.....BRAWK!

RichH2
January 17th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Heck of a thread bashiIng Jews and Lehigh. Classy

MR. CHICKEN
January 17th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Heck of a thread bashiIng Jews and Lehigh. Classy

DAWGCIT....TAKES IT LIKE UH MAN.........MOUNTAIN-HAWKERS....NOT SO MUCH!

superman7515
January 17th, 2013, 11:32 PM
So now the Jew can't bash Jews? I guess this is like the Seminole Indians complaining about the white people always telling them that they should be offended by Florida State or Paul Mooney talking about how white people always try to tell blacks what the problems are with the black community.

bluehenbillk
January 18th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Brock has quite a resume. He's coached at many places, never really stood out at any. Hofstra fans didn't like him, he got crushed at Temple, the Rutgers fans aren't shedding a tear, and now he's in Newark.

The Path to Prominence continues.

Yea, the fanbase is not reinvigorated. I mused on another board that I have the Buddy Ryan to Rich Kotite transition dejavu playing in my head today. Not excited.

Go Green
January 18th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Impact on recruiting?

Ryan Torza was widely reported as having committed to Dartmouth in early fall. http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Ryan-Torzsa-132927;_ylt=AkfxEXZDPJSI_AyY4mOThlRDPZB4

He then posted a few weeks later on twitter that he changed his mind and wanted to go to Delaware.

No idea if the coaching change is causing him to think things over again. Hope it does.

bluehenbillk
January 18th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Ryan Torza was widely reported as having committed to Dartmouth in early fall. http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Ryan-Torzsa-132927;_ylt=AkfxEXZDPJSI_AyY4mOThlRDPZB4

He then posted a few weeks later on twitter that he changed his mind and wanted to go to Delaware.

No idea if the coaching change is causing him to think things over again. Hope it does.

Per twitter he's still committed to Delaware.

JMU2004
January 18th, 2013, 10:20 AM
kind of a "meh" hire

superman7515
January 18th, 2013, 10:23 AM
kind of a "meh" hire

There's no "kind of" about it, haha. It's definitely a "meh" hire. Like many have already said, this is as reinvigorating as when Maryland hired Edsall instead of Leach.

GannonFan
January 18th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Let's see, where is that yawn emoticon, it has to be here somewhere - heck, let's try this one. xzzzzx

DFW HOYA
January 18th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Atheltic-department-speak: "We are conducting a national search" is usually anything but.

If you have to say it, you've got a problem right there.

superman7515
January 18th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Jordan Thomas will be transferring to Delaware, led Rutgers in rushing in 2010 then switched to playing cornerback.

Ivytalk
January 18th, 2013, 02:08 PM

Agreed. What a downer! Not even good enough for Hofstra, and the Hens take him.

superman7515
January 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Sounds like Brock admitted it was a sham on the press conference today. Basically Ziady called to gauge Brock's interest and encouraged him to apply. Sounds like even if other applied, it was always Brock's job to lose.

henfan
January 18th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Eric Ziady, "We must reinvigorate our program and re-energize our supporters as we lay the foundation for future success."

THUD!

aust42
January 18th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure what the beotching Bluehen fans wanted from a coach. This is 1AA, it's not like we're going to bring Bill Parcells out of retiremnent "to reinvigorate our program and re-energize our supporters as we lay the foundation for future success". Of course the new AD is going to consider people he worked with for the head coaching job. That's what they do. Bring in their people. Personally, I'll trust Zaidy's judment for now and reserve judgment later down the road and see how this hiring has panned out. I'm excited for the change.

Go Bluehens!

Lehigh Football Nation
January 18th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure what the beotching Bluehen fans wanted from a coach. This is 1AA, it's not like we're going to bring Bill Parcells out of retiremnent "to reinvigorate our program and re-energize our supporters as we lay the foundation for future success". Of course the new AD is going to consider people he worked with for the head coaching job. That's what they do. Bring in their people. Personally, I'll trust Zaidy's judment for now and reserve judgment later down the road and see how this hiring has panned out. I'm excited for the change.

Go Bluehens!

I'm willing to cut Hens fans some slack since they've had, oh, two head coaches in the last 47 years. One is a hall-of-famer with a D-II championship, and the other delivered them a national FCS championship and three FCS NC appearances.

Delaware fans demand a lot in their head coach, as well they should! This ain't Gardner-Webb here.

danefan
January 18th, 2013, 02:38 PM

Go Bluehens!

From an outsider's perspective, I have to say I agree with this.

An FBS team just got a BCS coordinator coming off a 9-win campaign as a head coach. That doesn't happen very often.

henfan
January 18th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure what the beotching Bluehen fans wanted from a coach.

Short of a true national search, someone with an impressive record would have been a start to "reinvigorating the fanbase". Brock's resume isn't terribly impressive and the appearance of the new AD hiring "his boy" at the exclusion of a real search doesn't sit right with some. Basically, you have an AD who's never hired a head coach hiring a guy who's never been a head coach at any level. Understand the trepidation?

That said, I'd be surprised if most didn't get behind the coach. The fans want nothing more than to see this move translate into Hens' wins. If Brock doesn't win early and often, it'll get ugly for him and, especially, Ziady.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 18th, 2013, 03:14 PM
...the appearance of the new AD hiring "his boy" at the exclusion of a real search doesn't sit right with some. Basically, you have an AD who's never hired a head coach hiring a guy who's never been a head coach at any level.....

Where have I heard this before? Some school in North Carolina? xlolx

henfan
January 18th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Where have I heard this before? Some school in North Carolina? xlolx

Difference is that Cobb had actually been responsible for leading the process to hire a head coach before; Ziady hasn't. Cobb's choice for FB coach was considerably different in that he hired a Mountaineer for the job; Ziady fired a Blue Hen alum to bring in "his boy".

93henfan
January 18th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Swing and a miss. Let's hope he coaches better than most of us feel about the hire.

BlueHenSinfonian
January 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM
That said, I'd be surprised if most didn't get behind the coach. The fans want nothing more than to see this move translate into Hens' wins. If Brock doesn't win early and often, it'll get ugly for him and, especially, Ziady.

That's the way I feel right now. I liked Keeler, I'm sad to see him go, but I'm all for giving Brock a chance. I would have liked to see either a big name or someone fresh with a reputation for outside the box thinking, but we have who we have.

I'm hoping that Z-Daddy didn't get rid of Keeler just to bring in a buddy, but if that's the case and Brock doesn't pan out, Ziady has really put himself out on a limb here.

(on the other hand, if he gets rid of Monte Ross he could hire a high school coach for all I care, anything would be an improvement).

MR. CHICKEN
January 18th, 2013, 11:19 PM
That's the way I feel right now. I liked Keeler, I'm sad to see him go, but I'm all for giving Brock a chance. I would have liked to see either a big name or someone fresh with a reputation for outside the box thinking, but we have who we have.

I'm hoping that Z-Daddy didn't get rid of Keeler just to bring in a buddy, but if that's the case and Brock doesn't pan out, Ziady has really put himself out on a limb here.

(on the other hand, if he gets rid of Monte Ross he could hire a high school coach for all I care, anything would be an improvement).

WHILE HE'S AT IT......SHERMAN'S....OFFICE.....SHOOD BE UP FO' RENT...TOO.......AWK!

TA CLARIFY......SHERMAN..IS DUH BASEBALL COACH....USIN' DUH TERM...LOOSELAH....BRAWK!

ngineer
January 18th, 2013, 11:22 PM
So where's K.C. off to...the Sunshine Band?

MR. CHICKEN
January 18th, 2013, 11:30 PM
DON'T KNOW...IFIN' HE CAN PLAY....KEYBOARDS....BUT HIS MOTOR-MOUTH....COOD SELL FIRE INSURANCE....TA DUH DEVIL......AWK!

Ivytalk
January 19th, 2013, 06:15 AM
WHILE HE'S AT IT......SHERMAN'S....OFFICE.....SHOOD BE UP FO' RENT...TOO.......AWK!

TA CLARIFY......SHERMAN..IS DUH BASEBALL COACH....USIN' DUH TERM...LOOSELAH....BRAWK!

Let the UD housecleanin' begin! Everyone but Tina Martin!

MR. CHICKEN
January 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM

AH CONCUR......AWK!

superman7515
January 19th, 2013, 01:39 PM

Hey, it wasn't that long ago people were clamoring for her head as well. She has EDD and Monte Ross to thank for getting that monkey off her back.

citdog
January 19th, 2013, 01:54 PM
AH CONCUR......AWK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwkl_8SGCfw