PDA

View Full Version : 2013 FomerPokeCenter (24HoursOfBooty) Challenge

TheRevSFA
January 17th, 2013, 08:19 AM
(Note - Mods, please move this as you please. I posted in FCS Discussion so it'd get some views and traction)

Hello AGSers,

As you know, FormerPokeCenter rides every year in the 24HoursOfBooty cancer ride in Atlanta, Georgia. This ride has raised a ton of money for cancer research, and every year they raise the bar in terms of fundraising. FPC this year has started his own team, Team GetInTheGame (I think I got that right) and is running the show for his team instead of riding along.

Last year, you guys at AGS met my challenge to raise 2k (which we did in 3 months) in order to get our favorite conservative FPC to ride in a Barack Obama shirt, which he did (and I have the photos and he posted them on here too) and I think this year, we should raise the bar.

This is what I propose: We at AGS will raise 5,000 dollars by the end of September. FPC is going to ride a lap of the course (which is a big course btw) on a 39 inch unicycle. Now, for those of you who don't know FPC, he's a big guy (as his name would suggest) so to see him ride a lap on a unicycle would be amusing to no end. FPC, as part of this, I require both video and photo of you doing this.

Also, as an incentive, whomever donates the most (not counting myself as I plan to match) gets to pick the shirt he rides in. My initial idea was an AGS one, but given FPC's love for Georgia State or Louisiana-Lafayette, I was thinking something that might burn his skin, but that part is up to you.

FPC, if you would be so kind as to post the donation information, we can kick this puppy off.

-Rev

FormerPokeCenter
January 17th, 2013, 08:37 AM
I'm in....;) One lap on a 39 inch Unicycle....I'll start practicing NOW ;)

Here's what it looked like last year when I tried it....NOT pretty....

And, you can follow this link to the donation page ;) A few AGSers who are McNeese and Northwestern fans have already donated ;)

http://www.24hoursofbooty.org/site/TR/Bike/General?px=1185201&pg=personal&fr_id=1220

FormerPokeCenter
April 15th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Props to LeadBolt for his great donation to the 24 Hours of Booty ride again this year!

Leadbolt's donation moved my team back into first place...for now...just slightly ahead of a team captained by the leading fundraiser in ATL 24HOB history, Brian Hevesy...

LeadBolt, thanks again!

You ROCK!

NoDak 4 Ever
April 15th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I have to be with you in spirit this year. New baby coming in a month and a move halfway across the country in 3 months has me squeezing every dime till it screams.

bjtheflamesfan
April 16th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Cant donate but you have my prayers and support. My wife is expecting our first in about two months

FormerPokeCenter
April 16th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I appreciate the well-wishes! If you can't donate, if you see an opportunity to solicit funds through social media, please give it whirl....

The 24 Hours of Booty, and LiveSTRONG, took notice of what AGS did last year...so much so that the story you guys helped write is now on the Main 24 HOB page...we're one of three stories they decided to highlight...

Follow this link and wait for the pictures to change..you'll see a big ugly guy riding a in a McNeese jersey and follow the "read more" link to see the Props they dolled out to AGS.com!

Thanks again for all the support!

http://www.24hoursofbooty.org/site/PageServer

NoDak 4 Ever
April 16th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Cant donate but you have my prayers and support. My wife is expecting our first in about two months

and who said us message board nerds never get any?

IBleedYellow
April 16th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Well ****! I gotta get a NDSU shirt on this guy.

FormerPokeCenter
April 17th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Thanks to Ursus and the AGS staff for another the great donation to my ride! Not only did Ursus and the gang feature the ride here, on AGS, but also on The Wedge.

Ursus, I appreciate the support more than I can adequately explain!

You ROCK!

FormerPokeCenter
April 17th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Thanks to IBleedYellow for HIS great donation to the ride. Have no fear, NoDak sent me a NDSU shirt last year to ride in. Lemme dig up the photo and i'll get it posted!

I Bleed, thanks for the fantastic donation! You ROCK!

MarkCCU
April 17th, 2013, 08:45 AM
You have my support. Let's **** Colon Cancer in the ***!!!!!!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
April 17th, 2013, 12:13 PM
You have my support. Let's **** Colon Cancer in the ***!!!!!!!!

Awesome Mark. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are alright brother.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 17th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Thanks to Ursus and the AGS staff for another the great donation to my ride! Not only did Ursus and the gang feature the ride here, on AGS, but also on The Wedge.

Ursus, I appreciate the support more than I can adequately explain!

You ROCK!

You're welcome my friend. Did you get the pm I sent you? I want to coordinate a couple of things this time around.

Also I sent an email out so there may be some you have questions on coming from friends around the country that are outside of this site.

Also, got a reply on the email from a friend in that area that said it was pretty cool getting that because he rides in that every year as well. He's a member here that hasbeen gone for a while but hopefully you guys can meet up there.

MarkCCU
April 17th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Awesome Mark. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are alright brother.

We will always have Boone.

FormerPokeCenter
April 17th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Thanks to AZGrizFan for his fantastic donation to the 24 Hours of Booty! This stuff's picking up steam!

You guys ROCK.

FormerPokeCenter
April 17th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks to McNeese Fan Dennis Thibodeaux, for his ocntinued support! Dennis, you rock!

FormerPokeCenter
April 17th, 2013, 02:42 PM
You're welcome my friend. Did you get the pm I sent you? I want to coordinate a couple of things this time around.

Also I sent an email out so there may be some you have questions on coming from friends around the country that are outside of this site.

Also, got a reply on the email from a friend in that area that said it was pretty cool getting that because he rides in that every year as well. He's a member here that hasbeen gone for a while but hopefully you guys can meet up there.

I got your PM....I'll get ya all the information ya need quickly!

Does your friend ride Booty in Charlotte, or in ATL? Either way, it's great. I'll be riding in both of them this year, so hopefully, we can hook up! I guess I'll hafta order me one of those AGS shirts for part of the ride ;)

FormerPokeCenter
April 17th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Mark, that's awesome! Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

ursus arctos horribilis
April 17th, 2013, 04:25 PM

Does your friend ride Booty in Charlotte, or in ATL? Either way, it's great. I'll be riding in both of them this year, so hopefully, we can hook up! I guess I'll hafta order me one of those AGS shirts for part of the ride ;)

Unfortunately it's too late on those ones. Those were a 1 off thing and if you ordered then great cuz they are mostly in custom colors but if not I don't think any more of those will be made.

After months of hold ups I actually just got those back and am going to send them out next week. I had the design done for a McNeese one but not one McNeese guy ordered one so none of those were done.

I am working on the ol' Logo so maybe I'll have something else done in time for da ride.

ChetSteadman
April 17th, 2013, 04:36 PM

Hey Poke - I do the Charlotte ride and am captaining a small work team this year. I'm also the guy Ursus was talking about in his earlier post. I rarely post anywhere outside the Mountaineer Message Board anymore, but used to be fairly well known around these parts before the great schism. I'll put a couple bucks towards your cause, though I can guarantee it won't get you in an App shirt :).

FormerPokeCenter
April 17th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Hey Poke - I do the Charlotte ride and am captaining a small work team this year. I'm also the guy Ursus was talking about in his earlier post. I rarely post anywhere outside the Mountaineer Message Board anymore, but used to be fairly well known around these parts before the great schism. I'll put a couple bucks towards your cause, though I can guarantee it won't get you in an App shirt :).

Chet, I appreciate it! I donned an App State shirt last year! I'll be in Charlotte this year. Let's make plans to hook up in Bootyville!....Wait...that didn't sound right! ; )

ursus arctos horribilis
April 17th, 2013, 06:12 PM

One of the original "Bad Apple Dumpling Gang". xlolx

Good to see ya show'n your face Chet.

MSUBobcat
April 18th, 2013, 09:20 AM
I'm in and will likely do another donation later, just need to split it up a bit (stupid truck repairs). You are a great man for your dedication to this cause. Thank you. xbowxxbowxxthumbsupx

Are you still offering to wear a school's t-shirt if they meet a certain donation level?

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 10:00 AM
FPC keeps getting 20 bucks a month donated from me automatically...

It's like he has a hand in my bank account.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 11:47 AM

I admire him for that alone. xlolx

AppAlum2003
April 18th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Hey look, Rev's loading up on Rep Points again. Surprise.

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I admire him for that alone. xlolx

I mean..the least he could do is put out. Just sayin

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Hey look, Rev's loading up on Rep Points again. Surprise.

I'm kind of a big deal...

superman7515
April 18th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Are you still offering to wear a school's t-shirt if they meet a certain donation level?

Not good enough? How about this, whoever makes the biggest donation, FPC gives me your name and I'll send ya one of these.

http://6dollar.threadpitinc.netdna-cdn.com/images/P/Merica_T_SHIRT_sand.jpg

MSUBobcat
April 18th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Not good enough? How about this, whoever makes the biggest donation, FPC gives me your name and I'll send ya one of these.

http://6dollar.threadpitinc.netdna-cdn.com/images/P/Merica_T_SHIRT_sand.jpg

Wearing our shirt isn't necessary and one would hope you don't need an incentive, but it may make some of my fellow MSU fans dig in this year. Sadly, we didn't make the cutoff last year (not sure, and hope I'm wrong, but I may have been the only one xsmhx). I don't want to get beat by Griz fans again xtroublex

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Wearing our shirt isn't necessary and one would hope you don't need an incentive, but it may make some of my fellow MSU fans dig in this year. Sadly, we didn't make the cutoff last year (not sure, and hope I'm wrong, but I may have been the only one xsmhx). I don't want to get beat by Griz fans again xtroublex

Well normally I wouldn't cotton to that last line but in this case I can see your side of it. He will wear the shirt if the team makes the cutoff. I read his story from last year and he had to do something like 15 shirt changes during the race.

That's pretty f'n awesome that many teams made him work for it.xthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Seeing as how he only wore the Obama shirt and not an SFA shirt..he owes me this year.

Gotta find a good one for him to wear..

FormerPokeCenter
April 18th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I'm in and will likely do another donation later, just need to split it up a bit (stupid truck repairs). You are a great man for your dedication to this cause. Thank you. xbowxxbowxxthumbsupx

Absolutely! In the past, it's always been $200.00 ;)

FormerPokeCenter
April 18th, 2013, 04:19 PM

Nothing makes me happier than to get the e-mail every month letting me know that your account got debited again! I'm thinking you should just send me my very own ATM card and a password ;)

FormerPokeCenter
April 18th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I mean..the least he could do is put out. Just sayin

I took the Obama shirt without any lubrication....What more do you want???? ;)

IBleedYellow
April 18th, 2013, 04:22 PM
I took the Obama shirt without any lubrication....What more do you want???? ;)

I would have needed to wear two maybe three shirts over that Obama shirt, then also made sure there were no pictures taken.

FormerPokeCenter
April 18th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks for IBleedYellow for a SECOND donation in as many days!

That's Awesome! IBleed, you, sir, ROCK!

FormerPokeCenter
April 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks to you guys and a some great McNeese fans, I retook the lead in Atlanta, over the guy who's the two-time individual fundraising champ....

I'm not sure it'll last for very long...the same guy raised $41,000 for the American Cancer Society during an event recently....he's a Stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma survivor...and a super fantastic guy...but..

I do wanna make him work for it this year...plus all the money goes into the same pot, so even if he kicks my *** again, it's all good!

Thanks to everybody who's donated so far and if you'd like to contribute, it's very easy and tax deductible!

http://www.24hoursofbooty.org/site/TR/Bike/General?px=1185201&pg=personal&fr_id=1220

IBleedYellow
May 8th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Hey guys, I want to bump this up.

Donate Donate Donate! Cancer totally ruins lives, families and relationships.

This fan that Matt Kemp hopefully gave new life an energy is just ONE of many children who suffer from cancer. If you don't want to donate for Poke, donate for Josh.

Matt Kemp and Josh (http://www.myfoxla.com/story/22189865/dodgers-matt-kemp-gives-dying-kid-jersey-off-his-back-even-giants-fans-applaud)

FormerPokeCenter
May 8th, 2013, 08:02 AM
IBleed, man, you rock! Three donations so far this year! That's awesome!

Thanks for the support and for posting the story about the Dodger fan!

Awesome!

FormerPokeCenter
August 10th, 2013, 12:56 PM
There's roughly two months to go until the Atlanta 24HOB ride and I'm nursing a "slight" lead over the two-time defending ATL fundraising champ! I've had some great AGS donations thus far...I'll get a total together and a list of donations by school....

Thanks to everybody who's donated so far! You guys ROCK! IBleedYellow and TheRevSFA have hit me multiple times this year, which has been awesome!

I ventured to Charlotte NC, to check out the original 24HOB event and was totally blown away by the experience. The rest of the Booty cities are rank amateurs compared to what they do in Charlotte.

Kudos to AGSer Chet Steadman for captaining Team 2 x 4 in Charlotte this year. Their slogan was "Hammer Cancer" which I thought was nicely done. Totally missed connecting with Chet at the event, but it was still pretty fantastic up there. In two weeks, I'll be doing the 24HOB ride in Columbia, MD. Thinking about making a "No Cop" run over into Baltimore, but I might not have time for lunch! ;)

We roll in ATL on October 5-6, and I'd really appreciate any support you guys could give to the cause!

The folks at the 24 HOB, some of whom troll this board, really liked the way that 41 AGSers from across the country donated to my ride, so much so that they actually feature us on the main landing page at www.24hoursofbooty.org When you first click on that page, you'll get see stories about a researcher at Johns Hopkins, a cancer survivor in Charlotte and then a big ugly guy wearing an FCS jersey on a bike!

I think it's a cool story about the power of social media and you guys are an integral part of it!

So, thanks again to everybody who's donated and there's plenty of time to donate if you're so inclined. If you work for a company that matches charitable contributions, please consider applying for matching funds, it's a great way to leverage your donation!

Also, TheRevSFA made a great gesture last year by making a recurring gift. He committed to $20.00 a month for an entire year. Adding that to what he donated to get the challenge started put him at well over $400 for 2012...Awesomeness, no?

The recurring gifts are another way to leverage your donations to an incredibly worthy cause. The money goes to LiveSTRONG, Be The Match (the national bone marrow donor registry) Children's Hospital of Atlanta, The Levine Cancer Institute, Johns Hopkins, Rind River Wellness Centers and a host of monetary funds devoted to things like Young Adults with Cancer, a Brain Tumor fund, and the Hendrick Bone Marrow Transplant fund. There are other ancillary beneficiaries, but the 24HOB does a great job of spreading the funds around and balancing them between directly supporting research, survivorship, early detection and donor registration. It's a great organization that desperately needs your help.

Your donations are greatly appreciated and fully tax deductible!

Thanks for any help you guys could provide!

FormerPokeCenter
August 10th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Major Props to Melloware13, a Delaware fan, for his fantastic donation just minutes after I made my latest 24HOB post! Gotta love a guy who supports a team that wears Blue and Gold...and, I think I loved his inspiration message best of all...

"Let's make it so that some day, even Georgia State can beat cancer! " (i seriously think that would look great on a shirt!)

Amen to that Melloware!!! You ROCK!!

IBleedYellow
August 10th, 2013, 03:12 PM
I don't think Georgia State could beat cancer, but everyone else would help them try!

I'll be hitting you up once more this year Jay, just waiting for a few paychecks and debts to clear. Buying a house isn't exactly cheap! ;)

FormerPokeCenter
August 10th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I don't think Georgia State could beat cancer, but everyone else would help them try!

I'll be hitting you up once more this year Jay, just waiting for a few paychecks and debts to clear. Buying a house isn't exactly cheap! ;)

Jordan, that's awesome! You've already kicked major ass on the donation front. You're giving TheRev a run for his money!

pokefan02
August 10th, 2013, 05:05 PM
I am not sure if anyone noticed it but the story has the site as anygivensundayxflaggedx

PS will be donating shortly

FormerPokeCenter
August 10th, 2013, 05:31 PM
I am not sure if anyone noticed it but the story has the site as anygivensundayxflaggedx

PS will be donating shortly

No! I didn't notice that! Crap! Lemme drop them a line and get them to fix that!! Good catch! Thanks

And, Thanks to Pokefan02 for his SECOND donation this year today! Awesomeness!

Thanks Scott, you ROCK!!

FormerPokeCenter
August 10th, 2013, 05:43 PM
And, thanks to McNeese75 for yet ANOTHER amazing donation. This marks the 4th year in a row that Dale's been a contributor to the cause!

He was one of the first McContributors when I put out the call back in 2010!

Thanks Dale, you ROCK!

UCABEARS75
August 11th, 2013, 06:24 AM
I'm in.

Great job FPC and AGS fans!

FormerPokeCenter
August 11th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I'm in.

Great job FPC and AGS fans!

Thanks UCABEARS75 for you great donation! You're the first UCA fan to contribute! Get another one to match you and I'll have to ride part of the course in a bear shirt if you guys can find me a 2XL! ;)

You ROCK!

EDIT: I'm so used to the McNeese / Northwestern game being on Booty weekend that I didn't even bother looking up to see who we play on that weekend. Low and behold, it's UCA!

Hmmm.....I wonder what sorta challenge we could come up with for that one? ;)

McNeese75
August 11th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks UCABEARS75 for you great donation! You're the first UCA fan to contribute! Get another one to match you and I'll have to ride part of the course in a bear shirt if you guys can find me a 2XL! ;)

You ROCK!

EDIT: I'm so used to the McNeese / Northwestern game being on Booty weekend that I didn't even bother looking up to see who we play on that weekend. Low and behold, it's UCA!

Hmmm.....I wonder what sorta challenge we could come up with for that one? ;)

How about Bear fans put up 10 grand and you will paint your bike to match the ugly ass stripes on their field lol

FormerPokeCenter
August 11th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Unfortunately, Dale, the system just told me: <<You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.>>

I'm actually about to get the bike I ride in Atlanta painted...The last two years, I rode a salmon pink Diamond Back Centurion, but - right before Booty - I got a great deal on a better bike, and then got a carbon fiber bike after Booty...so, the pink Diamond back became expendable.

I caught some grief in Charlotte from some of my friends about not riding the pink bike...so...the non-carbon bike's getting painted this month courtesy of a local bike shop who's gonna break it down to the frame and reassemble it, for free; and thanks to the local Louisiana Technical College campus (Trade school, not Louisiana Tech University) who's gonna use their automotive shop equipment to sand it, paint it and put clear coat on it...I'm torn between giving it the pink treatment...or....the yellow and black LiveSTRONG treatment....decisions, decisions!

....but....., I might be inclined to go with Grey and Purple for the right price! ; )

UCABEARS75
August 11th, 2013, 07:23 PM
How about Bear fans put up 10 grand and you will paint your bike to match the ugly ass stripes on their field lol

LMAO! If I could only hit the lottery!

You know you love the stripes 75!

IBleedYellow
August 11th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Unfortunately, Dale, the system just told me: <<You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.>>

I'm actually about to get the bike I ride in Atlanta painted...The last two years, I rode a salmon pink Diamond Back Centurion, but - right before Booty - I got a great deal on a better bike, and then got a carbon fiber bike after Booty...so, the pink Diamond back became expendable.

I caught some grief in Charlotte from some of my friends about not riding the pink bike...so...the non-carbon bike's getting painted this month courtesy of a local bike shop who's gonna break it down to the frame and reassemble it, for free; and thanks to the local Louisiana Technical College campus (Trade school, not Louisiana Tech University) who's gonna use their automotive shop equipment to sand it, paint it and put clear coat on it...I'm torn between giving it the pink treatment...or....the yellow and black LiveSTRONG treatment....decisions, decisions!

....but....., I might be inclined to go with Grey and Purple for the right price! ; )

Green and Yellow and you'll always be a winner! :)

FormerPokeCenter
August 14th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Okay, so...at this point, I'm willing to consider just about anything...

Too bad it's not an election year...we could have fun with that again! If TheRev raises another $2k, there's not a whole lot I wouldn't consider!! ; )

FormerPokeCenter
August 19th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Ack! I just got passed. The guy who's won the thing the last two years just eased past me and is nursing a $48.00 lead...

If any of you guys are inclined to donate, now would be a great time to do so! Brian Hevesy, the guy who just knocked me out of first is a tremendous fundraiser...He's the leading fundraiser in the history of the ATL event. I would like to make him work for it this year, though!

Your tax-deductible donations cover a wide variety of tremendous cancer-fighting initiatives...

LiveSTRONG - Emphasis on early detection, healty living and survivorship programs
Be The Match - The national bone marrow donor registry
Cancer Center at AFLAC Children's Hospital of Atlanta - self-explanatory
The Levine Cancer Institute in Charlotte - Clinical Trials and Research in Charlotte, NC
Johns Hopkins - Research and Clinical trials in Baltimore
Wind River Wellness Retreats - Works with cancer patients on getting healthy after chemo and radiation
The Ulman Young Adults with Cancer Fund - self-explanatory.
The Brain Tumor Fund - fund which supports those with brain tumors
The Hendrick Bone Marrow Project - fund which supports bone marrow transplants
The Sam Mills Keep Pounding Fund - honors former All-Pro linebacker Sam Mills who succumbed to cancer, by supporting various cancer fighting initiatives
and others....

Donations are desperately needed, greatly appreciated and fully tax deductible!