PDA

View Full Version : Chambers gets ESPN press

Ronbo
August 24th, 2006, 11:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=2560076

Craig Chambers catches two TD passes in Griz scrimmage

Associated Press
College Football News Wire

MISSOULA -- Both the offense and defense had big plays Thursday morning in Montana's final football scrimmage of fall camp.

Offensively, three quarterbacks threw touchdown passes, while the defense registered four sacks and an interception.

Starting quarterback Josh Swogger saw limited action, completing all three of his passes for 32 yards, including an 8-yard touchdown pass to Eric Allen.

Redshirt freshman Clint Stapp completed both of his passes for 36 yards, one a 31-yard TD pass to Craig Chambers.

Freshman Andrew Selle completed 3-of-4 passes for 93 yards and two touchdowns, an 18-yarder to Chambers and a 10-yard pass to tight end Steven Pfahler. Sophomore Cole Bergquist was 1-of-2 for seven yards.

Dan Beaudin had the longest reception of the day, a 65-yard pass from Selle.

"It was a good day," coach Bobby Hauck said after the brief scrimmage, which also featured live special teams action.

"I thought that the quarterbacks looked sharper, and we played better as a team. We need to continue that kind of improvement throughout the season into November. Obviously, that is any team in the country's goal at this point of the year."

On the ground, senior Brady Green had five carries for 19 yards, freshman Chase Reynolds ran four times for 14 yards, Greg Coleman had 11 yards on three carries and Reggie Bradshaw rushed twice for nine yards.

Kroy Biermann had two sacks, while Tom Martin and Karl Pitcher had a sack apiece. Quinton Jackson had the only interception of the day.

The Grizzlies open their season at No. 16 Iowa on Saturday, Sept. 2.

griz&beer
August 24th, 2006, 11:18 PM
I just hope he can play this year.

Ronbo
August 25th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Talked to him at the Griz encounter last night and he is confident that he'll get the OK. For you that don't know Chambers had a shortfall of credits that transferred from Washington's quarter system to Montana's semester system. It wasn't discovered till he was already taking classes in the spring and it was too late in the semester to take additional classes. He took a couple classes in the summer session and is awaiting grades. In the meantime they have applied for waiver. Most waivers in this type of circumstance get approved I'm told. Chambers told me last night they should know by Monday or Tuesday.

Grizzaholic
August 25th, 2006, 11:24 AM
That is cutting it pretty close imo. We leave for Iowa on Thurs if I am not mistaken. I just hope he will be cleared sooner. I have been just freakin' out for the answer.

elkmcc
August 25th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Talked to him at the Griz encounter last night and he is confident that he'll get the OK. For you that don't know Chambers had a shortfall of credits that transferred from Washington's quarter system to Montana's semester system. It wasn't discovered till he was already taking classes in the spring and it was too late in the semester to take additional classes. He took a couple classes in the summer session and is awaiting grades. In the meantime they have applied for waiver. Most waivers in this type of circumstance get approved I'm told. Chambers told me last night they should know by Monday or Tuesday.

The info I got was not quite as encouraging but let's hope for the best. :twocents: