PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Blog: Postseason Thoughts

mmiller_34
January 13th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I've been gone a while. But with my first post of 2013, we look at things that were and things to come, in a brief, stylish, manner.

Read it here. MVFC Blog: Out of Nowhere, its 2013 (http://mvfcfan.blogspot.com/2013/01/out-of-nowhere-its-2013.html)

IBleedYellow
January 13th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Great post! Love the blog and I really enjoy being in the Valley! Here's to next year already!

mmiller_34
January 13th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Great post! Love the blog and I really enjoy being in the Valley! Here's to next year already!

I'm really curious to see how Bob Nielson takes over at Western. After extreme success at Minnesota-Duluth, can he change the attitude around at Western?

ST_Lawson
January 14th, 2013, 01:11 PM
The Western Athletics Department just announced the coaching staff for next year. It includes:
Assistant Head Coach and D-Line Coach Matt Entz - formerly Defensive Coordinator/D-Line Coach at Northern Iowa
Assistant Head Coach, RB Coach and Recruiting Coordinator Steve Crutchley - formerly RB coach at Southern Illinois
QB Coach and Passing Game Coordinator Ted Schlafke - formerly Offensive Coordinator/QB coach at NAIA Montana Tech (was previously Assistant O-Line Coach at Southern Illinois)
O-Line Coach and Run Game Coordinator A.J. Blazek - formerly O-Line and TE coach at Div. II Winona State
DB Coach and Special Teams Coordinator Tyler Yelk - formerly DB and Special Teams coach under Coach Nielson at UM-Duluth, also the only Bulldog to win a Div. II NC as both a player and coach
LB Coach Atiba Bradley - formerly Defensive Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator at Div. II Quincy University

And returning:
Brian Ward - Defensive Coordinator
Kevin Palermo - Defensive Assistant Coach

More info can be found here. (http://leathernecknation.com/FindPost19296.aspx)

ST_Lawson
January 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I'm really curious to see how Bob Nielson takes over at Western. After extreme success at Minnesota-Duluth, can he change the attitude around at Western?

Also, at this point, the attitude is pretty positive, at least with regards to the fans. Most of us are pretty excited about next season although I think most of us realize it's probably going to take a couple of years to turn things back around. I'd feel like something around a .500 record and in the middle of the conference a success (for the 2013 season) considering how the last two years have gone.

HandoEX
January 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM
UNI at #7 in the Valley? Sorry, lost me with that one.

Professor Chaos
January 14th, 2013, 02:44 PM
That is where they finished. He's not predicting next year (at least in this blog post) he just has team capsules with short summaries of each team's 2012 season.

mmiller_34
January 14th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Yep. These were just some general postseason thoughts. The up, down, or neutral arrows were in relation to how each team finished in 2011. :) I don't even want to start thinking about breaking down 2013 predictions until after spring ball.

P.s. If you we're viewing the blog via mobile device, I apologize for the ****ty formatting. Might have to play around with that again..

mmiller_34
January 14th, 2013, 08:44 PM
....2013 predictions until after spring.

Speaking of spring ball...

From SDSU's beat writer, Terry Vandrovec's Twitter (http://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/status/289240847625625600):
SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier said that QB Austin Sumner had surgery on his throwing thumb and will miss spring ball.

DJKyR0
January 14th, 2013, 10:01 PM

And people lambasted me for placing them 5th in my preseason picks...

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 15th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Great blog mmiller....very good job this year.