PDA

View Full Version : Free To A Good Home

carney2
January 11th, 2013, 08:57 PM
The Patsy Ratings are available to anyone who wants to continue them. I am convinced that a revised methodology for a scholarship Patriot League could yield a credible result, but I have neither access to the necessary resources not the will. Thanks for all of your assistance, support and even venom over the years.

carney2

RichH2
January 11th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks a lot Carney. I have enjoyed your ratings over the years. Lots of hard work and ingenuity. Just dont retire completely. We cant lose you and Bogie at the same time. Besdes, I dont see a new curmudgeon on the horizon.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 11th, 2013, 10:20 PM
xbadx xbawlingx

superman7515
January 11th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Hmm.... Ya know LFN, this could be a decent project.

RichH2
January 11th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Supe rides to the rescue. Why am I not surprised?

superman7515
January 11th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Oh no, haha, I dunno about this one. I was suggesting LFN take it over but if someone is interested, I'd help if I could. I don't honestly know anything about Carney's methodology or ratings. I've read his Patsy Ratings the past couple of years, but never asked how he came to his rankings.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 11th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Mulling it over, supe. Mulling it over.

RichH2
January 11th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Heh,heh,heh... Gotcha. Hell, it would take a committee to do what Carney did every yesr.

ngineer
January 12th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Heh,heh,heh... Gotcha. Hell, it would take a committee to do what Carney did every yesr.

From what I can tell, Carney was put together by a committee! (;-) Truly, I've enjoyed the ratings he has done and kudos for his efforts. Hopefully, some one can come up with a decent substitute.

DFW HOYA
January 12th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Mulling it over, supe. Mulling it over.

The challenge will be in the methodology. Does getting a full vs. half vs. no scholarship define one as a "better" recruit, assuming that information is even available?

Hope that the recent struggles haven't dimmed Carney's enthusiasm for 2013. But If Tavani gets that extension past 2014, it could get very busy around here.

RichH2
January 12th, 2013, 09:15 PM
If that happens , I expect Pard board will spontaneously combust.

Fordham
January 13th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Thanks for your past work, carney