PDA

View Full Version : Rev and I would like your help

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Rev started a thread in the Lounge. I know this board gets much more traffic than that one so I thought I'd pop in here and say something.

Ursus funds AGS mostly out of his pocket. He never solicits donations and has no advertising on this page. Please consider dropping a couple bucks in the Donate link at the top of the page. Any amount would be appreciated. Think about how much time you spend here and make it easier on Ursus by defraying his cost.

Twentysix
January 11th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Contributed what I can.

HailSzczur
January 11th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Post it in the bikini and hot girl threads as well. Those probably have the highest traffic this time of year. At least that's what I'm reading the most

Tubakat2014
January 11th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I never donate to websites... but I made an exception here, even though I'm not able to give much. AGS truly serves a unique role on the internet, and it's the best online community I've ever been a part of. The amount of douchehattery here is essentially nonexistent, and that's a tall order for a football forum.

I feel like I just wrote a testimonial for a late night infomercial of sorts... but you get my point.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Two things made me think of this. I donated earlier and he was so appreciative that made me think it doesn't happen very often and he actually paid someone to make our userbars which is just a decorative thing. He puts a lot into this website and while he could pop a few ads on here, he doesn't. Thank you to everyone who contributes.

He is actually not expecting this so I'm sure it will be a nice surprise.

TheRevSFA
January 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Last year AGS raised 2,000 dollars for FPC's thing...

It'd be cool if we could top that for AGS..we have enough members..but I'm not setting a goal..I just want to help UAH not have to pay out of pocket

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Last year AGS raised 2,000 dollars for FPC's thing...

It'd be cool if we could top that for AGS..we have enough members..but I'm not setting a goal..I just want to help UAH not have to pay out of pocket

This.

If he could get himself a box of hot pockets on top of the whole thing, he would be more than deserving.

FormerPokeCenter
January 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Okay....I just hit Ursus for $75.00. Anybody care to match me?

Twentysix
January 11th, 2013, 01:28 PM

No. But you can match my $5.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2013, 01:29 PM
No.

That's ok! He's not expecting anything so whatever contribution we can make would be greatly appreciated. The donate button has always been there but Rev and I just wanted to draw attention to it.

citdog
January 11th, 2013, 01:32 PM
look if you're having a telethon you need some Jews involved.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3324/3473675408_d0f8d118ed.jpg

FormerPokeCenter
January 11th, 2013, 01:33 PM
No. But you can match my $5.

Done! ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2013, 01:36 PM
look if you're having a telethon you need some Jews involved.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3324/3473675408_d0f8d118ed.jpg

You are probably the only Jew I know and with your charming personality I can't imagine this not being successful.

citdog
January 11th, 2013, 01:45 PM
if someone puts up 25 bucks I'll trade out the Third National Flag of the C.S.A. with the flag of the 'late united States' to fly next to the Israeli Flag on my front porch for one week.

http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/it_appears_my_hypocrisy_knows_no_bounds_shirt-rf40c38cde1934044a8348a3926f31483_f0cz4_400.jpg

superman7515
January 11th, 2013, 01:51 PM
if someone puts up 25 bucks I'll trade out the Third National Flag of the C.S.A. with the flag of the 'late united States' to fly next to the Israeli Flag on my front porch for one week.

Will there be pics to show proof?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2013, 01:53 PM
There are currently 364 people online. 101 users 263 guests. If every user contributed $5 that's $500. If some of you lurkers joined and contributed, you would be very welcome!

citdog
January 11th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Will there be pics to show proof?

yep

superman7515
January 11th, 2013, 02:00 PM
That's a heck of a deal gentlemen. Citdog selling his soul for $25, that's 20% off!

citdog
January 11th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Citdog selling his soul for $25, that's 20% off!

I'm a ginger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVybIci_Os

MSUBobcat
January 11th, 2013, 02:09 PM

http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/it_appears_my_hypocrisy_knows_no_bounds_shirt-rf40c38cde1934044a8348a3926f31483_f0cz4_400.jpg

Done.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 11th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Being a part of this place always makes me happy because there is a really large majority of good people. If you gave me anything other than your discussions on this board then you went above and beyond. Twentysix, you say didn't d much, or couldn't give much? When you do something that you absolutely don't have to it's a pretty generous type of act in my book man.

The membership here is a generous group of people that disagrees on a daily basis but man can you guys come together for a singular effort if you want to.

If you do not donate then thank you as well. I get plenty of chuckles, and discussion I like to read out of y'all.xthumbsupx

You are some pretty generous SOB's.

This was a hell of a surprise this morning to you guys. I started getting some paypal emails and the ol' "WTF?" came across my mind.xlolx

MSUBobcat
January 11th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Being a part of this place always makes me happy because there is a really large majority of good people. If you gave me anything other than your discussions on this board then you went above and beyond. Twentysix, you say didn't d much, or couldn't give much? When you do something that you absolutely don't have to it's a pretty generous type of act in my book man.

The membership here is a generous group of people that disagrees on a daily basis but man can you guys come together for a singular effort if you want to.

If you do not donate then thank you as well. I get plenty of chuckles, and discussion I like to read out of y'all.xthumbsupx

This was a hell of a surprise this morning to you guys. I started getting some paypal emails and the ol' "WTF?" came across my mind.xlolx

I enjoy the hell out of being part of this community. I didn't realize it was due to the efforts of largely just one awesome person. Thank you for providing this for all of us FCS fans. xbowxxthumbsupxxbowx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2013, 02:15 PM

I figured once the season got over, especially since you mentioned the userbars, that we could jump out and solicit some donations for you. The FPC drive was so successful that I figured we could do it again.

superman7515
January 11th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Truth be told, this site was self-supporting until late this past summer when some things didn't pan out with helping to transfer some funds out of Nigeria from a winning lottery ticket. UAH still hasn't let me live that down.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Truth be told, this site was self-supporting until late this past summer when some things didn't pan out with helping to transfer some funds out of Nigeria from a winning lottery ticket. UAH still hasn't let me live that down.

If your salary wasn't so god damn high, it might be sustainable.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 11th, 2013, 02:21 PM

Well, I told ya that you needed to sign the back of that damn ticket and you just go about it all willy nilly.

I hope that's how ya spell willy nilly or my point is gonna be lost in the subterfuge.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2013, 02:51 PM
If you drop a donation, please reply so we can pat you on the back and rep you out.

BisonFan02
January 11th, 2013, 03:12 PM

$100, next? :D

FormerPokeCenter
January 11th, 2013, 03:14 PM
$100, next? :D

After matching Twentysix's $5,00, I've now kicked in another $20.00 to match your $100.00 ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Thank you everyone for your help. I can't contribute much myself. Going to Frisco kind of wiped me out and I have a baby on the way and a big move coming up so I'm more of a cheerleader here. If we can get enough momentum to even pay a good portion of the cost of this board for the year, it would be more than Ursus would ever expect.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 12th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I'm going to bump this once today and tomorrow.

If you haven't thought about donating, please do.

FormerPokeCenter
January 12th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I think AG1 needs to hit us with one of his donation drive messages. The ones he posted here and on eGriz were pretty cool! ;)

IBleedYellow
January 12th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I'll toss $20 in.

Ivytalk
January 12th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Ursus, check your PMs.

paward
January 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM
The pleasure of donating is all mine. Thanks for everything you do for FCS football and all of us Monday morning QB's.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Thank you all. This community effort is very appreciated. There has even been a donation from an unregistered user of this site. A grand tip of the cap to that feller. Generosity by all of you is greatly respected.

GateRaider63
January 12th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Donated. Many thanks for running the site.

ngineer
January 12th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Just kicked in $100 and glad to do so. I can't think of a place where there are more 'disagreeable' people who all agree on one thing: that FCS football is the best and this site is the home for those who really care about the proper balance between the words "student" and "athlete". Having been on this site for few years and experiencing the various machinations, many thanks for Ursus's dedication and commitment.

citdog
January 12th, 2013, 07:05 PM
a few more bucks and ursus will have enough to buy himself some titties and then he will never be heard from again.

Grizo406
January 12th, 2013, 07:20 PM
a few more bucks and ursus will have enough to buy himself some titties and then he will never be heard from again.

The ones he has now are just fine! They have helped me facilitate/elevate my "motor boating & pig in a blanket" skill set to a new level!xnodx

citdog
January 12th, 2013, 07:33 PM
The ones he has now are just fine! They have helped me facilitate/elevate my "motor boating & pig in a blanket" skill set to a new level!xnodx

gives a whole new meaning to 'Training Camp' and 'Two A Days'

ngineer
January 12th, 2013, 07:56 PM

Not a nice image...but may 'excite' some to come up with something....

marenlee
January 12th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Done. 20

TheRevSFA
January 12th, 2013, 09:29 PM
So far we have raised 500 dollars or so and I think that is awesome. Thank you to everyone who has pitched in

However, I think we can do better, so I challenge those who have not donated to throw something in. I'd like to see our total have 4 numbers in it without having a decimal

Southern Bison
January 12th, 2013, 11:34 PM
So far we have raised 500 dollars or so and I think that is awesome. Thank you to everyone who has pitched in

However, I think we can do better, so I challenge those who have not donated to throw something in. I'd like to see our total have 4 numbers in it without having a decimal

Must've been a SHSU fan that donated $.50.

Wallace
January 13th, 2013, 03:57 AM
In the old days when I paid for AGS (8 years) we also had members ask for others to donate. It is good to see that the populace of FCS fandom has grown to now support the site. $300 should be enough for a month so congrats AGS members on achieving the goal.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 13th, 2013, 08:12 AM

That would be great Rev. Ursus was telling me some of the things he needs/wants for the site, essentially where the money goes.

Server fees
Upgrades - A player for the podcast and more ability for users to submit content (articles, blogs, etc).
Hot Pockets - Wouldn't it be great if the whole thing was paid for and he could get himself some hot pockets?

Anyway. Like I said, he wasn't expecting this so whatever we do helps a ton. Let's get a few more donations this weekend!

GABison
January 13th, 2013, 08:52 AM
I'm in for $25. I read this site as much as Bisonville. Good job fellas!

TheRevSFA
January 13th, 2013, 09:05 AM
In the old days when I paid for AGS (8 years) we also had members ask for others to donate. It is good to see that the populace of FCS fandom has grown to now support the site. $300 should be enough for a month so congrats AGS members on achieving the goal.

Why stop at a month? Why not do more?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Why stop at a month? Why not do more?

I didn't get the impression he was saying stop at a month he was just saying what it cost/month but prices have come down since then and in an odd occurence the dollar goes further now than before at least for keeping this place going.

I should actually go look though because he may be closer than I am on this one now that I start thinking about The Wedge and all of that.xlolx

TheRevSFA
January 13th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I know but like I said, why stop?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM

Agreed.

My original intention was to take advantage of the volume of users to build a small fund to take care of some costs. The response has been amazing but we could still do more.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2013, 02:11 PM

Got ya, I thought you were misinterpreting what he was saying.

RabidRabbit
January 13th, 2013, 07:42 PM
This has been a fabulous site, and has improved considerably under Ursus' guidance and direction. Donate, and make this a better place. My contribution at this time is lower than I would like, so future added payments are possible, but are tied to my successes in NYC.

BEAR
January 14th, 2013, 10:01 AM
I get paid this week, I'll pitch in hopefully Wednesday. I love being a part of a large community where rivals can share one even after the game! xbowx xsmileyclapx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 14th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I get paid this week, I'll pitch in hopefully Wednesday. I love being a part of a large community where rivals can share one even after the game! xbowx xsmileyclapx

Thank you very much! I'm going to try to beat the drum the rest of this week. If we can get close to 1k, that would almost fully fund the site for the whole year! It would be good to have Ursus only have to do the labor instead of paying the bill too.

GoAgs72
January 14th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Made my donation today.