PDA

View Full Version : TONY DUNGY IS A JACKSON STATE FAN

BLUE TIGER
August 24th, 2006, 10:06 AM
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060824/COL0504/608240345

Dungy goes out of his way to help JSU

COMING UP

What: An Evening with Tony Dungy

When: Friday, 5 p.m.

Where: Walter Payton Recreation and Wellness Center, Jackson State

Tickets: $100 reserved seating, $50 general admission; (601) 979-2841.

An NFL head coach's workload this time of year is staggering. You've got meetings with coaches, meetings with players, press conferences, practice, film room work, more meetings, another practice and so on.

Waste a minute, it seems, and you fall behind. Waste an hour and, well, you simply can't waste an hour. If nothing else, take a nap.

After all, rest and sleep are precious commodities.

So what do you suppose Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy will do when he arrives in Jackson Friday afternoon for Saturday's preseason game with the Saints?

Here's what: Dungy will head over to Jackson State, where he will speak with students and youth in the JSU community. Then, he will be the featured speaker at a banquet to raise money for the Jackson State athletic program.

Understand, Dungy has no specific ties to JSU. No, he went to school at Minnesota.

"Doesn't surprise me," said Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, when told of Dungy's Friday plans. "Tony's a giving guy. He wants to make an impact, and he does. If he believes in a cause, he's going to do what he can.

"So, no, it doesn't surprise me that he would do that for Jackson State or for those kids. That's just Tony."

Said Dungy, "I'm really looking forward to it. I just feel like when you get an opportunity like this to hopefully make a difference, you need to take it."

bluedog
August 24th, 2006, 01:06 PM
"Class Act" all the way. :thumbsup: :hurray: :thumbsup: :hurray:

jstate83
August 24th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Hope I can get off work early enough to make the fund raiser.
Busy schedule for him this weekend but he still made time to do this for us.
Hat's off ......................:nod: :nod:

bigbluetiger
August 24th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Hat offs to the person in your athletic department that came up with this idea and more importantly, pulled it off.

jstate83
August 24th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Hat offs to the person in your athletic department that came up with this idea and more importantly, pulled it off.

A.D Bob Braddy and President Mason.:nod:

GSUISBACK
August 24th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Good Stuff :thumbsup:

August 24th, 2006, 08:08 PM
ALL THE WAY!!!!!