PDA

View Full Version : New uni's for SHSU?

kats89
August 24th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Looks like we might be getting new uni's this season. This has been bouncing around on katfans.com that this will be our new helment design this year.

http://www.myteamspirit.com/catalog/images/CustSAMHOUSTONSTATE05XX.JPG

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

AppGuy04
August 24th, 2006, 09:40 AM
new unis too or just helmet?

kats89
August 24th, 2006, 09:46 AM
new unis too or just helmet?

my understanding after visiting with the alumni association is that we will be sporting new uni's this season.

GeauxColonels
August 24th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Looks like we might be getting new uni's this season. This has been bouncing around on katfans.com that this will be our new helment design this year.

http://www.myteamspirit.com/catalog/images/CustSAMHOUSTONSTATE05XX.JPG

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
What's the difference between that helmet decal and the one used in 2005?

Freightliner
August 24th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Here's an easy way to confirm it....

Find out when their picture/media day is from the AD and then snap a photo!

blackfordpu
August 24th, 2006, 11:56 AM
What's the difference between that helmet decal and the one used in 2005?

Last season the uniform and helmet were lined with blue. The new ones look like the thrid color is black.

slycat
August 24th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Last season the uniform and helmet were lined with blue. The new ones look like the thrid color is black.

i like the blue, its better when teams stick to school colors IMO. its like how a lot of basketball teams have balck unis now. i just dont like it.

blackfordpu
August 24th, 2006, 05:32 PM
i like the blue, its better when teams stick to school colors IMO. its like how a lot of basketball teams have balck unis now. i just dont like it.

blue is not one of our official school colors.

TexasTerror
August 24th, 2006, 06:17 PM
I'm all about the black...

Orange and black look strong, you got to see our track uniforms to see that...

blackfordpu
August 24th, 2006, 06:46 PM

I liked the blue when it first came out but now that I see the black on the helmets again, I have changed my mind.

BRING ON THE BLACK!:nod:

slycat
August 24th, 2006, 09:13 PM
blue is not one of our official school colors.

really...yall sure use it a lot. in that case the black doesnt look bad. as long as they dont throw in black pants or something.

GeauxColonels
August 24th, 2006, 10:54 PM
OK, I thought so. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything else. What about the decal size? It looks like it may be bigger this year.

MR. CHICKEN
August 24th, 2006, 10:58 PM

ORANGE & BLACK.....HMMMM........HALLOWEEN!

UNIFORMS...........OR..........COSTUMES??? :eek::eek::eek:

GeauxColonels
August 24th, 2006, 11:02 PM
ORANGE & BLACK.....HMMMM........HALLOWEEN!

UNIFORMS...........OR..........COSTUMES??? :eek::eek::eek:
Carefull there.....you may get the Princeton fans all riled up! :nono: :eek:

TexasTerror
August 25th, 2006, 07:23 AM
really...yall sure use it a lot. in that case the black doesnt look bad. as long as they dont throw in black pants or something.

SHSU is trying to phase out the use of some of the blue they have done and have a more consistent branding across all sports (hence the SH on all uniforms from baseball caps to basketball shorts to football helmets to soccer shorts) with the proper colors dominanting (orange/white) with many sports (soccer, T&F and possibly now football) supporting black as a third "unofficial" color...

kats89
August 25th, 2006, 08:45 AM
OK, I thought so. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything else. What about the decal size? It looks like it may be bigger this year.

GC, I will answer your question, yes the decal is much larger than last year. I personally think it looks pretty sharp.

GeauxColonels
August 25th, 2006, 10:20 AM
SHSU is trying to phase out the use of some of the blue they have done and have a more consistent branding across all sports (hence the SH on all uniforms from baseball caps to basketball shorts to football helmets to soccer shorts) with the proper colors dominanting (orange/white) with many sports (soccer, T&F and possibly now football) supporting black as a third "unofficial" color...
We did the same thing last year. Most of the athletics teams were using blue...some even as the primary uniform color (specifically baseball and football) and used red and gray more as just accent colors.

When they redesigned the logos, the eliminated the blue from the logo all together and thus, the uniforms stopped using blue too. Personally, I'm all for the red, gray and white and nothing else. I think too many schools are using secondary colors and start to run away with 30,000 different uniform and logo variations. You see many schools now looking to unify the branding efforts with consistent logos...I'm all for it. :thumbsup: :hurray:

GeauxColonels
August 25th, 2006, 10:20 AM
GC, I will answer your question, yes the decal is much larger than last year. I personally think it looks pretty sharp.
BTW, I think is does look great. I hate when teams use little decals on the helmets....why have the decal if us fans in the stands can't see them!?