PDA

View Full Version : 2013 FCS sneak preview story on TSN

FanofFCS
January 9th, 2013, 12:02 PM
No stunner on the champ. EWU has a monster schedule. Likes Villanova.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/index.htm

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Few observations...

- Not having Cal Poly in the top 10 let alone the top 16 is insane.
- EWU's schedule is brutal. I see them a victim of FBS $$.
- Villanova, Towson and UNI are going to be very good.
- MSU is a little high at #6 imo. The defense takes some real big hits and the OL still has to prove itself. The schedule is brutal imo.#10-15 is more appropiate
- Two OVC teams in the top 16? Really?

HailSzczur
January 9th, 2013, 01:15 PM
4? Phew that's a tad over zealous IMO. I don't like high early rankings, way to much pressure. The teams going to be real good, we're not losing too many pieces this year, but they still need a little more time to gel. Once we hit the CAA schedule next year lookout everybody. I also think we're going to wake Pittsburgh up and scare them a bit.

SFspidur
January 9th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Looks like they overlooked Richmond initially...they weren't on the list at first, but now they're included at #15. Can't remember who got bumped off in order to add the Spiders.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Looks like they overlooked Richmond initially...they weren't on the list at first, but now they're included at #15. Can't remember who got bumped off in order to add the Spiders.

Tennessee State...very weird they changed it, lol

Towson, Villanova, JMU and Richmond should bring the CAA back next year after a so-so '12. UNH will be in the mix too but I like those 4 a little more.

JoshUCA
January 9th, 2013, 01:30 PM
No UCA??

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I put this together on another thread...fits more here...

1. NDSU
2. Georgia Southern
3. Cal Poly
4. Towson
5. Northern Iowa
6. Villanova
7. App State
8. EWU
9. SHSU
10. JMU
11. Central Arkansas
12. Southern Illinois
13. Richmond
14. Montana State
15. Stony Brook
16. Wofford
17. UNH
18. Lehigh
19. South Dakota State
20. Chattanooga
21. Colgate
22. Illinois State
23. McNeese State
24. Montana
25. Albany

I definitely have SDSU underrated....

SpeedkingATL
January 9th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I though Apps OOC schedule was tough with road trips to Montana, UGA and a team to be named later, then I saw EWU's schedule.

bluehenbillk
January 9th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Montana State has gotta be the perennial most over-rated FCS team in America.

cpalum
January 9th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Cal Poly was a top (or near)10 team this year. Next year they return 18 + starters. I'm guessing they might be pretty good next yearxtwocentsx

bostonspider
January 9th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Yeah just like Towson, Nova and UNH, Richmond got one of these too. And the Spiders do not graduate too much either.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/217646_510448409000228_1889127205_n.jpg

BisonBohl
January 9th, 2013, 02:41 PM
SDSU will be better then UNI next year, you can take that to the bank.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2013, 02:46 PM

The MVFC and CAA will both be nasty next year. NDSU, SDSU, UNI and SIU will be major forces imo.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 9th, 2013, 03:26 PM

SDSU has UNI and NDSU at home next year....defintely better at home.

SDSU-UNI-SIU-NDSU will be the top 4 teams IMO.

Lehigh'98
January 9th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Obviously a mistake. I see no Patriot or Ivy love in the top 15. Where's Wagner??

TheRevSFA
January 9th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Obviously a mistake. I see no Patriot or Ivy love in the top 15. Where's Wagner??

Because neither conference will produce a top 15 team next year

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Because neither conference will produce a top 15 team next year

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. I do find it funny that TSN took out Tenn St in favor of Richmond. Two OVC teams was clearly not kosher.

The PL top teams will be pretty good next year. I wouldn't have anyone start in the Top 15 but there's no reason to believe that Lehigh, Colgate, heck even Fordham or Lafayette could get there. Lehigh will be good again. As will Colgate if the Raiders figure out an OL and a defense.

I think the PL closes the gap with the SLC again. The CAA and MVFC should be the dominant conferences. The SoCon, outside of GSU, might take a step back. The BSC won't be as good at the top but will be much deeper.

TheRevSFA
January 9th, 2013, 09:06 PM
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. I do find it funny that TSN took out Tenn St in favor of Richmond. Two OVC teams was clearly not kosher.

The PL top teams will be pretty good next year. I wouldn't have anyone start in the Top 15 but there's no reason to believe that Lehigh, Colgate, heck even Fordham or Lafayette could get there. Lehigh will be good again. As will Colgate if the Raiders figure out an OL and a defense.

I think the PL closes the gap with the SLC again. The CAA and MVFC should be the dominant conferences. The SoCon, outside of GSU, might take a step back. The BSC won't be as good at the top but will be much deeper.

I'm sure he was being sarcastic too, but I wanted some PL anger to show up. I just can't get y'all as riled up as citdog does.

PL won't close the gap with the southland. Maybe the NEC

ngineer
January 9th, 2013, 09:16 PM
I though Apps OOC schedule was tough with road trips to Montana, UGA and a team to be named later, then I saw EWU's schedule.

Yes. EWU may have a very good team, but their record may not reflect it by November. If they run that gauntlet with only two losses, I'll be impressed.

seantaylor
January 10th, 2013, 01:00 AM
EWU is way overrated. They looked awful in the playoffs.