PDA

View Full Version : Talley and Ambrose Waste No Time In Stealing Delaware Recruits

Lehigh Football Nation
January 9th, 2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130109/SPORTS08/301090042/Hens-recruits-being-courted

Diante Cherry verbally accepted a football scholarship offer from Delaware in November.

On Monday night, he received a recruiting call from Blue Hen rival Towson.

Among the several schools who’ve contacted quarterback recruit Kyle Yocum was Villanova.

With Delaware’s firing of coach K.C. Keeler on Monday, the 15 recruits who made verbal nonbinding commitments to UD are now viewed as available again by opposing teams.

Ambrose and Talley will be doing their level best to make Delaware pay for canning Keeler right now.

bluehenbillk
January 9th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Not surprising, but so far the class of commits seems to be pretty solid. You never know until signing day though.

RichH2
January 9th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Hopefully most recruits are picking their school not just their coach.

andy7171
January 9th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Towson got a QB transfer from Wisconsin last winter when Danny O'Brien transfered out of Maryland to be a Badger. Joe Brennan from NJ. Supposedly a big time recruit out of Camden Catholic. But I guess these are high school commits for this upcoming LOI signings.

HailSzczur
January 9th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Hopefully most recruits are picking their school not just their coach.

I haven't heard to many complaints about Andy, aside form the whole JMU/Montana thing back in '08, so I don't think it would be too bad to pick based on coaches. Both Talley and Ambrose are great coaches.

Poaching off Delaware, I like it. It would sure be fun to beat them with 1 or 2 of their own recruits next year :D

PaladinFan
January 9th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Did UD keep any members of Keeler's staff? When Furman and Bobby Lamb parted ways, the Paladins kept Tim Sorrells on staff, which went a long way in making sure their recruits didn't get pilfered.

bluehenbillk
January 9th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Did UD keep any members of Keeler's staff? When Furman and Bobby Lamb parted ways, the Paladins kept Tim Sorrells on staff, which went a long way in making sure their recruits didn't get pilfered.

The OC, Hofher was fired in November & they lost "little KC" (Ciarrocca) to Western Mich, he became their OC. Otherwise, everyone else left from the '12 staff will be left up to the new HC.