PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Kaufman, Kyle Padron to declare for Draft

Red & Black
January 8th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Kaufman wasn't a huge surprise - he completed his degree but was granted a 5th year due to missing most of 2011. Am a little surprised about Padron, though. I honestly think we would have gotten beaten out by Adams in the Spring. He does have a great arm, though, and the measurables for the NFL...so we shall see.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/2013-nfl-draft-fcs-receiver-brandon-kaufman-leaving-school-early.html

Texas
January 8th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Kaufman is a monster, but I doubt EWU fans will worry too much with what Adams has shown.

Red & Black
January 8th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Kaufman is a monster, but I doubt EWU fans will worry too much with what Adams has shown.

I do indeed think Adams will be a star...my concern is not at QB. I honestly don't know if Padron would have beaten Adams out in the Spring anyway.

But losing Edwards and Herd to graduation, and now (possible) Kaufman really hurts. Time to re-load at the WR position.

Willie
January 9th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Thank God. It seems like Kaufman has been there a decade.

Nickels
January 9th, 2013, 06:59 AM
LOL who the hell is going to draft Padron? He go outplayed by an FCS freshman.

TheRevSFA
January 9th, 2013, 07:01 AM

Truth. His stock dropped after he was yanked for Adams

Red & Black
January 9th, 2013, 09:14 AM

I don't think he'll get drafted. More of a FA type guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedkingATL
January 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Kaufman could be a real sleeper in the draft. He has the size and speed to compete at the NFL level. Like any FCS player he probably has been somewhat overlooked. Can't imagine what Padron is thinking but best of luck to him.

HenZoneNation
January 9th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Kauffman is a monster. Great hands and size. Great threat in the red zone. Would love to see the Ravens take him and give Joe that big target who can actually catch the ball. Padron has no shot. Not only did he get beat out at SMU and then again by an FCS QB, he got beat out by a freshmen FCS QB. That Sam Houston game killed him. Adams is an exciting player. Be interesting to see what he does without those WR's. we know he can run and make plays with his legs but can he throw like that without the aid of two All-American receivers.

kalm
January 9th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Kauffman is a monster. Great hands and size. Great threat in the red zone. Would love to see the Ravens take him and give Joe that big target who can actually catch the ball. Padron has no shot. Not only did he get beat out at SMU and then again by an FCS QB, he got beat out by a freshmen FCS QB. That Sam Houston game killed him. Adams is an exciting player. Be interesting to see what he does without those WR's. we know he can run and make plays with his legs but can he throw like that without the aid of two All-American receivers.

Those three WR's were amazing and tough to replace - especially the size. But like QB's, we have a rich history of AA wide recievers and replacing them going back to the days of Tony Brooks and Jeff Ogden. Eric Kimble and Aaron Boyce were two of the better receivers in the history of the BSC and they were followed up by these three. We have Ashton Clark, Corey Mitchell (6'2"), Shaq Hill, and Daniel Johnson all returning. Clark has played a ton and Mitchell saw quite a bit of playing time last year when Kaufmann went down. We also have a couple of RS waiting in the wings in 6'2" Cooper Kupp and 6'6" Kyle Huddleston. Lots of speed in that group and from what I've heard, Kupp might be the most talented of the crew. We should be alright.

Red & Black
January 9th, 2013, 12:02 PM

Agreed on all counts. I think Padron has an outside shot to play, but I don't think he'll get drafted. Really makes you wonder what he was thinking, but my thinking is that there was a strong possibility he'd get beat out by Adams in Spring Ball, which would have further reduced his playing time even more than this year. I know he probably felt like he should have been "the man", so maybe that was a contributing factor.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 9th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Truth. His stock dropped after he was yanked for Adams

He never had stock.................anywhere it mattered anyway.

If he is going pro....all of our ****ty Griz QBs should go too!

What an idiot!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dudeitsaid
January 9th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Dang, that sucks! I had a feeling Kauf would declare. What more does he need to do at this level! He is such a difference maker, the team will not be the same without him. Not saying EWU will suck all the sudden, but he is such a playmaker that you can throw to him and he will make things happen. He is practically unstoppable at this level. Not many other receivers like that. Can't blame him, but I think that him being on the team counted for at least one win, if not more next year.

THE HERD
January 9th, 2013, 02:14 PM
If Kaufman doesn't get drafted I will be shocked and on the other hand if Padron gets even a FA contract I will be shocked. Padron stay in school buddy and get your degree......your gonna need it. I'm a Steeler fan and wouldn't mind seeing Kaufman in Black and Yellow!

putter
January 9th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Kaufman is a stud and it will be interesting to see if he starts to get some press as we get closer to the combine and pro-days

Red & Black
January 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
He never had stock.................anywhere it mattered anyway.

If he is going pro....all of our ****ty Griz QBs should go too!

What an idiot!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

To be fair, he did throw for 6 TD's against Illinois State. Wondering how many of those ****ty Griz QB's threw for 6 TD's in a game.

DJKyR0
January 9th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Here's exactly what the Vikings will do.

1st pick, something like 20th - Manti T'eo.
2nd pick, they'll probably trade down - Kaufman.

One of these is awesome. One of these sucks eggs.

(Hint: My take is based on recent performances)