PDA

View Full Version : Delaware courting Bohl

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Now I don't actually believe that for a minute but the rumor was floated..... Now, a NDSU assistant up and comer I would take in a Texas second.

IBleedYellow
January 8th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Link?

Texas
January 8th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Someone is trollin
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Professor Chaos
January 8th, 2013, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't doubt if there was a feeler sent out but I'd be shocked if it went anywhere beyond a "thanks but no thanks" response from Bohl or his agent. His background is in the midwest so I don't see him moving anywhere outside of the midwest unless it's for a premium head coaching gig which he's likely to never even be in the conversation for anyway.

Delaware is an attractive FCS job so I'm sure they'll get a good coach but please don't take any of our assistants either ;). I'm sure DC Chris Klieman will be a hot candidate for a promotion but I'd sure like to see him stick around.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Link?

just fan speculation but the fan is JoeC http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14987&p=208054&hilit=bohl#p208054

Neighbor2
January 8th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I just don't see Bohl being enough of a step up from Keeler. This whole thing is curious. My guess is, a shouting match(es) took place along the line and your AD pulled rank, even if ill-advised.

stevdock
January 8th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Bohl wouldn't take a lateral step at best to go to Delaware. Only way he is leaving NDSU is if he gets a BCS coaching job.

jub1982
January 8th, 2013, 08:07 PM
How could Bohl pass the opportunity to coach in the Colonial? Isn't it the equvilent of the SEC?

swaghook
January 8th, 2013, 08:33 PM
What's Rocky Hager up to? He used to be out east.

Laker
January 8th, 2013, 08:36 PM
I heard that they were looking at Katherine Webb too.

PantherRob82
January 8th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Wow, and I thought this was a joke!!!! xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130107/SPORTS07/130107025/UD-hires-NDSU's-Craig-Bohl?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Ctext%7CHome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

superman7515
January 8th, 2013, 09:09 PM

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130107/SPORTS07/130107025/UD-hires-NDSU's-Craig-Bohl?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Ctext%7CHome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Got him dirt cheap too but what's with the Delaware coaches and sunglasses?

Professor Chaos
January 8th, 2013, 09:10 PM
NDSU has moved quickly and is targeting Nick Saban as Bohl's replacement according to my sources.

Southern Bison
January 8th, 2013, 09:13 PM
http://youtu.be/RV-p51fvYLc

Laker
January 8th, 2013, 09:13 PM
NDSU has moved quickly and is targeting Nick Saban as Bohl's replacement according to my sources.

Would Tim Brewster then replace Saban at Alabama???

citdog
January 8th, 2013, 09:15 PM

Jimmy Johnson and Jon Gruden are also expressing interest. Norv Turner didn't even try.

Professor Chaos
January 8th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Would Tim Brewster then replace Saban at Alabama???
They don't get their chili hot enough in Bama for Brewster's liking... I've also heard they don't do much bear hunting down there.

X-Factor
January 9th, 2013, 07:20 AM
I am almost positive that Bohl's current contract stipulates that he CANT take any other FCS job. Not that he would want to, he has the best gig in the division right now.

BisonBacker
January 9th, 2013, 07:32 AM

Holy crap that's unreal.

superman7515
January 9th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I am almost positive that Bohl's current contract stipulates that he CANT take any other FCS job. Not that he would want to, he has the best gig in the division right now.

I'm in no way, shape, or form saying the man has a single iota of interest... But please don't use a contract as a way of saying someone won't take another job in college football. xlolx

BisonAccountant44
January 9th, 2013, 09:03 AM

I agree that he's not going to any other FCS school, but the buy out on his contract is only $100k, unless he goes to a school that is elligible for an auto bid to a BCS bowl game. Then it's 2x his current sallary.

http://legacy.inforum.com/pdfs/NDSUFBCoachCraigBohlBohlContract.pdf

bluehenbillk
January 9th, 2013, 10:20 AM
joec just threw that name out there, fuggedaboutit

andy7171
January 9th, 2013, 10:22 AM

...but in North Dakota. No offense to you guys up in ND, but its North ****ing Dakota!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 9th, 2013, 10:25 AM
...but in North Dakota. No offense to you guys up in ND, but its North ****ing Dakota!

God damn right. It IS North ****ing Dakota!

BisonAccountant44
January 9th, 2013, 10:28 AM
...AND in North Dakota. No offense to you guys not in ND, but its North ****ing Dakota!

Fixed it for you ;)

andy7171
January 9th, 2013, 10:59 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolx
Like I said, no offense.
-40 degrees 8 months out of the year and a river that floods the entire state when the snow melts. You betcha, ya!

BisonFan02
January 9th, 2013, 11:00 AM
NDSU is a better job than UD right now....Bohl won't take a job in the MAC, why in the **** would he go to the CAA? /thread

Darlinikki150
January 9th, 2013, 02:32 PM
This is a ridiculous notion.

BisonBohl
January 9th, 2013, 02:40 PM
This thread gave me a good laugh, and for that I thank you!

IBleedYellow
January 9th, 2013, 02:52 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx
Like I said, no offense.
-40 degrees 8 months out of the year and a river that floods the entire state when the snow melts. You betcha, ya!

If you seriously think that it's -40 for 5 months out of the year, you are completely delusioned.

frozennorth
January 9th, 2013, 03:08 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx
Like I said, no offense.

i'm not even sure if it's been -anything yet this winter.

BisonBohl
January 9th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Pretty sure Andy was joking, who doesn't joke about ND weather...

gotts
January 9th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Pretty sure Andy was joking, who doesn't joke about ND weather...

People not from ND that actually end up spending a winter here?

kdinva
January 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Jimmy Johnson and Jon Gruden are also expressing interest. Norv Turner didn't even try.

Al Groh and Ted Cain might listen.........

BisonPride
January 9th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Bohl is not going anywhere for multiple reasons.

-The school is a football school and has been for 40 years. When he was hired he said jump and administration said how high when it came to everything and still does. Need a new locker room. Will $3mil cover it. DONE. Need new grass turf on our outdoor practice field. Will $1mil cover it. DONE. Need new game turf. Will $1 mil cover it. DONE. When the transition was made the team went from the limit of 36 right to 65 scholarships immediately. The school and alums are not afraid to put their money where there mouth is when it comes to football and thats why they have 10 national championships.

-His wife is from the area and loves it here.

-He has a kid playing college football 20 blocks away from campus at neighboring D2 Minnesota State-Moorhead as a freshman.

-A nice new contract that gives him a 5% pay raise every year, ticket sales cut, and filled with post season bonuses.

He is not going anywhere.

IBleedYellow
January 9th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Bohl is not going anywhere for multiple reasons.

-The school is a football school and has been for 40 years. When he was hired he said jump and administration said how high when it came to everything and still does. Need a new locker room. Will $3mil cover it. DONE. Need new grass turf on our outdoor practice field. Will $1mil cover it. DONE. Need new game turf. Will $1 mil cover it. DONE. When the transition was made the team went from the limit of 36 right to 65 scholarships immediately. The school and alums are not afraid to put their money where there mouth is when it comes to football and thats why they have 10 national championships.

-His wife is from the area and loves it here.

-He has a kid playing college football 20 blocks away from campus at neighboring D2 Minnesota State-Moorhead as a freshman.

-A nice new contract that gives him a 5% pay raise every year, ticket sales cut, and filled with post season bonuses.

He is not going anywhere.

This, right here. ++++++++++++ All of these reasons.

Oh, and one more. It's North Dakota. If you've been here, you'll know. The military has sent me many places, and when it comes down to it, I can't wait to get back to ND.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 9th, 2013, 03:52 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This here.

No way in he** he would go to Delaware.

Not even a lateral move for him.

citdog
January 9th, 2013, 03:55 PM

The Astley, Delaware newspaper website disagree.

SUPharmacist
January 9th, 2013, 11:47 PM
The Astley, Delaware newspaper website disagree.

I knew being Citdog it had to be a joke, but could not resist checking the source. I was amazed to discover no joke in the post, just real football talk about Bohl possibly changing gigs.

Bisonoline
January 10th, 2013, 12:33 AM
I cant believe anyone would take the bait. But NOOoooooooo

andy7171
January 10th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Any bald man would consider leaving North Dakota. Hat head aside, the man has to wear a wool hat for 10 months!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 10th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Any bald man would consider leaving North Dakota. Hat head aside, the man has to wear a wool hat for 10 months!

better than a bullet proof vest.

I saw The Wire.

TheRevSFA
January 10th, 2013, 08:00 AM
I can't believe this thread is on its 5th page..It's got bohls...

andy7171
January 10th, 2013, 08:06 AM
better than a bullet proof vest.

I saw The Wire.

Damn straight. But Newark isn't West Baltimore. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
January 10th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Damn straight. But Newark isn't West Baltimore. :D

yeah but they pronounce it all weird, a good midwesterner would never be able to handle that.

totoinfl
January 10th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Actually for 12...the glare off it in the summer scares the fish.

totoinfl
January 10th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the month before signings and 3 months til spring ball...

I can't believe this thread is on its 5th page..It's got bohls...

superman7515
January 10th, 2013, 08:20 AM
yeah but they pronounce it all weird, a good midwesterner would never be able to handle that.

New Ark in Delaware
New Irk in New Jersey

Not that hard, haha.

344Johnson
January 10th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Lol, i understand this thread probably isn't entirely serious but Bohl leaving for a different FCS? Nope.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 10th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Lol, i understand this thread probably isn't entirely serious but Bohl leaving for a different FCS? Nope.

Nope, it's turned into a living in North Dakota sucks thread by all the other schools seething with jealousy.

andy7171
January 10th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Nope, it's turned into a living in North Dakota sucks thread by all the other schools seething with jealousy.

I never said living in North DAkoTA sucks. I was merely implying it's an acquired living to get used to.

Let's keep this thread moving.

Pard4Life
January 10th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Bohl moving from the two-time national champions and most powerful program in FCS to Delaware? Come on Delaware... Nick Saban is your real target. A revered program such as yours obviously deserves the best in the business.

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2013, 05:13 PM

this thread was meant just to get you Dakota boys talking about nothing, which most of you are very good at..... read the first post in the thread, any notion of Bohl coming to Newark was squashed right then

Texas
January 10th, 2013, 06:22 PM
this thread was meant just to get you Dakota boys talking about nothing, which most of you are very good at..... read the first post in the thread, any notion of Bohl coming to Newark was squashed right then

You ruin everything, don't tell them the plan.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 10th, 2013, 06:24 PM
You ruin everything, don't tell them the plan.

Well every time we talk about things like how good our team is, everybody hates us so why not?

Neighbor2
January 10th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Why in the world would anyone want to hear why YOU think YOUR team is so good? That will never have substance to anyone but you. You folks have pushed the "pompous" envelope.

Green1
January 10th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Why in the world would anyone want to hear why YOU think YOUR team is so good? That will never have substance to anyone but you. You folks have pushed the "pompous" envelope.

Sheesh, who pee'd in your Cheerios?

jub1982
January 10th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Sheesh, who pee'd in your Cheerios?

All he does is rip NDSU. He doesn't even list a favorite. Haters gonna hate.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 11th, 2013, 10:01 AM
All he does is rip NDSU. He doesn't even list a favorite. Haters gonna hate.

I'm pretty sure I've seen him mix it up in most of the Patriot League conversations so it's probably a Lehigh something or other.

andy7171
January 11th, 2013, 10:12 AM
I hope you guys aren't talking about me. I'm just joking. I harbor no ill will over NDSU because of 1983. :D

superman7515
January 11th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Bohl moving from the two-time national champions and most powerful program in FCS to Delaware? Come on Delaware... Nick Saban is your real target. A revered program such as yours obviously deserves the best in the business.

From CoachingSearch...

William & Mary: William & Mary offensive coordinator Zbig Kepa has resigned. Keep an eye on Lafayette offensive coordinator / quarterbacks / wide receivers coach Mickey Fein.

32counter
January 11th, 2013, 08:12 PM
New Blue Hen AD comes from BC after 14 years there.He worked for AD Defillipo who "resigned".He's been at UD for only 2 months.Didn't take a long time to decide to let coach go.BC fired Spaziani in November along with assistants who are looking for jobs.Got to figure new AD had his eyes on a BC guy all along to take UD head coaching job once he began to clean house.

superman7515
January 16th, 2013, 08:50 AM
From coachingsearch...

Delaware: Keep an eye on Duke defensive coordinator Jim Knowles. The News Journal indicates Knowles could emerge as a candidate. Also, Dallas Cowboys tight ends coach John Garrett has reportedly applied for the head coaching job.

NHwildEcat
January 16th, 2013, 10:53 AM
From coachingsearch...

Just saw the John Garrett thing...if he ends up as the UD Coach you better hope he is better at his job then his dip **** brother!

THE HERD
January 16th, 2013, 04:32 PM

Dude I know your joking, but to steal some of your own words...Its f***ing Deleware!

superman7515
January 16th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Dude I know your joking, but to steal some of your own words...Its f***ing Deleware!

No it isn't. There's no such place as Deleware.