PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Season...

Southern Bison
January 6th, 2013, 11:08 PM
It seems too much time and too many words are spent on this site bitching about the team(s) that showed they could win it all on the field, so let's not play the woulda, coulda shoulda game for once. I'm excited about the 2013 season for many reasons...

1. A Bison 3-peat?
2. App State's season w/o Moore
3. GaSo/App still in SoCon and FCS playoffs
4. ODU's QB is downright ridiculous
5. Will SHSU repeat as BSC champions?
6. The pics that ysubigred posts in the AGS Lounge
7. Lehigh making the playoffs xlolx
8. A 24-team playoff (See #7)
9. xcoach showing up after Thanksgiving
10. Screaming Beagle disappearing shortly after Thanksgiving

The games have been played and now the only thing to do is toast each others' triumphs and look forward to a great and safe 2013 FCS season.

DJKyR0
January 6th, 2013, 11:25 PM
A few Valley story lines I'm eagerly anticipating:

1.) Bison three-peat?
2.) what happens to Illinois state now that Brown is gone at qb?
3.) how far can sawyer kolmorgen take UNI?
4.) can the salukis find an offense that can suit their nasty defense?
5.) Shakir bell, period.
5.) will SDSU be able to get similar production out of Zenner?
7.) can YSU overcome their late-season struggles and rebound in 2013?

TheRevSFA
January 6th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Southland storylines

Can Sam three peat as champions?
Does UCA overcome defensive losses and make a deep run in the playoffs?
Does UCA finally lose on the stripes!
Does SFA get its **** together after two lackluster seasons
Does SELA have the same conference success it had last season
Does McNeese return to the post season?
Does NW State recover from what Bradley Dale Peveto did for the past four seasons
Does anyone actually care about Lamar football?

HailSzczur
January 6th, 2013, 11:39 PM
What I'm looking for from the CAA:
1. How Albany and Stony Brook fair playing a full CAA schedule. SBU handled us, but I'm interested to see them against a schedule of Nova/Towson/ODU/JMU every week.
2. Towson's moment, where does it carry them? I hope they keep the success up.
3. JMU's bounce back from a disappointing last couple of weeks
4. How the conference will survive the lose of Georgia St :D I hear the world might stop turning
5. Will UNH ever find playoff success?
6. Early odds for Rhody posting another 0-fer? Atleast for a winless conference slate
7. Beating the chickens, again :D

cbarrier90
January 6th, 2013, 11:39 PM
It seems too much time and too many words are spent on this site bitching about the team(s) that showed they could win it all on the field, so let's not play the woulda, coulda shoulda game for once. I'm excited about the 2013 season for many reasons...

1. A Bison 3-peat?
2. App State's season w/o Moore
3. GaSo/App still in SoCon and FCS playoffs
4. ODU's QB is downright ridiculous
5. Will SHSU repeat as BSC champions?
6. The pics that ysubigred posts in the AGS Lounge
7. Lehigh making the playoffs xlolx
8. A 24-team playoff (See #7)
9. xcoach showing up after Thanksgiving
10. Screaming Beagle disappearing shortly after Thanksgiving

The games have been played and now the only thing to do is toast each others' triumphs and look forward to a great and safe 2013 FCS season.

1. Montana resurgence (?) Got to happen eventually, right?
1a. Richmond?
1b. Furman?
1c. Villanova?

2. Charlotte takes the field, what happens when the "new car" smell wears off?

3. Can Russ Huesman finally win a big game/ can Chattanooga make a run?

3a. Chattown's hype machine. Coming to a Message Board near you, Summer 2013

4. Citdog still clinging to 52-28...

5. A couple die-hard fans of some random team that has a dream season wind up finding the message board but don't end up staying or are rarely heard from again once their team gets knocked out in Round 2 or 3.

6. Wofford without Breitenstein and (maybe) Woody...

7. That moment when you go to the FCS Discussion page and seemingly every thread and poster is associated with NDSU, somebody responds to a post claiming their sick of it, followed by an NDSU fan with about 10-15 posts proclaiming that they are the new kid on the block and the objector is clearly just a hater.

8. An 85-page realignment thread with 90% speculation, 5% smack, and 5% links to legitimate news articles.

9. Southern speed

JSUBison
January 6th, 2013, 11:46 PM

1.) Bison three-peat?
5.) Shakir bell, period.

Shakir Bell is coming back.

asumike83
January 7th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I'm hoping for an Appalachian/NDSU playoff match-up in 2013. Would love to see the program going for a 3-Peat face off with the only program to do it before.

TheRevSFA
January 7th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I'm hoping for an Appalachian/NDSU playoff match-up in 2013. Would love to see the program going for a 3-Peat face off with the only program to do it before.

But..but...you're going FBS?

Knock knock?

asumike83
January 7th, 2013, 09:53 AM
But..but...you're going FBS?

Knock knock?

We told the SEC to wait a year, we've got some FCS business to attend to.

superman7515
January 7th, 2013, 10:00 AM
1. How Albany and Stony Brook fair playing a full CAA schedule. SBU handled us, but I'm interested to see them against a schedule of Nova/Towson/ODU/JMU every week.

Old Dominion isn't in the CAA next season. Their schedule, as far as I've heard, is East Carolina, Maryland, UNC, Idaho, Norfolk State, Howard, The Citadel, charlotte, Rhode Island, and Liberty.

TheRevSFA
January 7th, 2013, 10:00 AM
We told the SEC to wait a year, we've got some FCS business to attend to.

App vs Johnny Heisman at KBS....

BisonCM
January 7th, 2013, 10:11 AM
1. Montana resurgence (?) Got to happen eventually, right?
1a. Richmond?
1b. Furman?
1c. Villanova?

2. Charlotte takes the field, what happens when the "new car" smell wears off?

3. Can Russ Huesman finally win a big game/ can Chattanooga make a run?

3a. Chattown's hype machine. Coming to a Message Board near you, Summer 2013

4. Citdog still clinging to 52-28...

5. A couple die-hard fans of some random team that has a dream season wind up finding the message board but don't end up staying or are rarely heard from again once their team gets knocked out in Round 2 or 3.

6. Wofford without Breitenstein and (maybe) Woody...

7. That moment when you go to the FCS Discussion page and seemingly every thread and poster is associated with NDSU, somebody responds to a post claiming their sick of it, followed by an NDSU fan with about 10-15 posts proclaiming that they are the new kid on the block and the objector is clearly just a hater.

8. An 85-page realignment thread with 90% speculation, 5% smack, and 5% links to legitimate news articles.

9. Southern speed

I'll be Alpha for a second:

1) Will Northern Toughness Beat out Southern Speed for a third year in a row for the championship? (Not necessarily NDSU, but any team that Alpha blesses with possessing the fabled "Northern Toughness")

walliver
January 7th, 2013, 10:14 AM
1) App State and GSU either leave or don't leave.
2) Chattanooga demonstrates that they are the cream of the crop or selected fans stop posting.
3) Can The Citadel put together a complete season?
4) Will the Pioneer champion shock the world in the playoffs?
5) Will the 7th flag at Paulson Stadium be a NC flag, or a Red Man Spittoon Bowl participant flag?
6) Will App State move their campus to Atlanta to get a CUSA invitation?

Lehigh Football Nation
January 7th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I'm looking forward to hijacking a lot of threads.

HailSzczur
January 7th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Old Dominion isn't in the CAA next season. Their schedule, as far as I've heard, is East Carolina, Maryland, UNC, Idaho, Norfolk State, Howard, The Citadel, charlotte, Rhode Island, and Liberty.

Oh, I thought they were in the same boat next year as GA St was this year. My bad. The football side of my brain has really turned off since November.

THE HERD
January 7th, 2013, 11:25 AM

This. In the FargoDome though of course.....right?

asumike83
January 7th, 2013, 11:37 AM
This. In the FargoDome though of course.....right?

I'd prefer Frisco! xsalutex

NHwildEcat
January 7th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing if UNH will ever get over the hump and win something.

chattownmocs
January 7th, 2013, 12:32 PM
App vs Johnny Heisman at KBS....

They get the FCS version there this year.

BEAR
January 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Nice one Rev! xbowx

Here's my version:

2013 Southland

1. Will Sincere and Flanders go pro BEFORE the season?
2. Will UCA lose on the stripes?
3. Will UCA get more than 4 home games?
4. Will the field at SFA ever drain completely?
5. Will Lamar get a football team?
6. Will Nicholls keep football?
7. Will McNeese figure out WTH is going on there?
8. Will the assistant coach carousel continue?
9. Who will be SLC champs?
10. Will we ever figure out what is wetter, Rev or the SFA homefield?

Walkon79
January 7th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Looking forward to DeNarius' senior year, and (Gulp) our trip to Fargo in September :)

asumike83
January 7th, 2013, 12:45 PM
They get the FCS version there this year.

You think Jamal is on that level as a runner? He definitely has the best arm in the SoCon but we'll have to see how the knee surgery turns out.

chattownmocs
January 7th, 2013, 12:49 PM
You think Jamal is on that level as a runner? He definitely has the best arm in the SoCon but we'll have to see how the knee surgery turns out.

Huesman

citdog
January 7th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Here is your player of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLPW-R-mDA4

WH49er
January 7th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Excited that 7 years of hard work are finally coming to fruition with the kickoff of our first game against Campbell on 8/31.

SpeedkingATL
January 7th, 2013, 02:32 PM
SoCon storylines:

1-App's first season without Moore.
2-App and GaSo's potential FBS journey.
3-Will Chatty finally play up to supposed potential or will they continue to lose close games?
4-Can Citdogs take the next step forward as a program or did they hit the roof last year?
5-Will Whee finally win a SoCon/FBS game?
6-Will Furple snap back from a forgetable lost season?
7-Will Wofford reload like they always seem to do, especially without the wild bull in the backfield?
9-Can Sammy improve enough to be a legit playoff team?
10-Will Elon continue their slide, post Lembo?
11-Will any SoCon team make the trip to Frisco this year?

World
January 8th, 2013, 03:17 AM

1.) Bison three-peat?
5.) Shakir bell, period.

Illinois State will become a top running team now that it will have a top JC transfer at running back, considered among the top 5 running backs in the FCS this coming season.

darell1976
January 8th, 2013, 06:00 AM
North Dakota

1. Defense!!! If it hasn't improved then back to the crapsville bar.
2. QB!! We will have either RFr Joe Mollberg (recruited by both UND and NDSU) or RFr Ryan Bartels at starting QB. With lots of WR talent we will see what these youngsters have to give.
3. Playoffs!! The expectations of every UND fan, especially with our 7 home games. OOC games against Valpo, South Dakota St, and Montana, and conference games against MSU, EWU, Sac St, and UNC. If UND goes 7-0 at home against these teams....playoffs here we come!!

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Looking forward to DeNarius' senior year, and (Gulp) our trip to Fargo in September :)

I'm looking forward to your trip to Nacogdoches in September too

darell1976
January 8th, 2013, 06:54 AM

We are looking forward to your trip to Grand Forks...we have a score to settle after that blowout in Bozeman.

darell1976
January 8th, 2013, 06:57 AM

MSU plays at NDSU Sept 7th, at SFA Sept 21, and at UND Sept 28. Nice stretch of road games.

Walkon79
January 8th, 2013, 11:52 AM

I may have to plan for that one instead. It would be much easier to get tickets than Fargo!

Walkon79
January 8th, 2013, 11:53 AM
MSU plays at NDSU Sept 7th, at SFA Sept 21, and at UND Sept 28. Nice stretch of road games.

Could be a brutal stretch for my Cats!

Sammy94
January 8th, 2013, 12:24 PM

I'm looking forward to your trip to Huntsville in December, or whatever Big Sky team we may face.

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2013, 12:27 PM
I'm looking forward to your trip to Huntsville in December, or whatever Big Sky team we may face.

Eh...honestly..you guys lose so much on defense that I don't see you hosting a game in december. Road Warriors assemble!

ysubigred
January 8th, 2013, 12:32 PM

1.) Bison three-peat?
2.) what happens to Illinois state now that Brown is gone at qb? Lost the HC also??
5.) Shakir bell, period.
7.) can YSU overcome their late-season struggles and rebound in 2013?Mid season woe's (4-0 to 4-4 finish 7-4)

Going to be interesting this year to say the least.

Sammy94
January 8th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Eh...honestly..you guys lose so much on defense that I don't see you hosting a game in december. Road Warriors assemble!

Honestly I see a much easier schedule in 2013. McNeese lost a ton, UCA lost most of their WR corp, SFA lost Cordell and will have a new OC. IMO 9-2 gets us home games in Dec. 10-1 will for sure but we will see.

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Honestly I see a much easier schedule in 2013. McNeese lost a ton, UCA lost most of their WR corp, SFA lost Cordell and will have a new OC. IMO 9-2 gets us home games in Dec. 10-1 will for sure but we will see.

I'm calling losses to A&M, EWU (yes.Adams picked you guys apart in the second half of the game..and you are losing so much on defense) UCA (because it's on the stripes) and Us because we will get our **** together and let Tyler Boyd QB us as opposed to Brady Attaway...(I know this is a pipe dream)

You guys will finish 7-4..still get in the playoffs..but UCA is taking conference.

citdog
January 8th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I'm calling losses to A&M, EWU (yes.Adams picked you guys apart in the second half of the game..and you are losing so much on defense) UCA (because it's on the stripes) and Us because we will get our **** together and let Tyler Boyd QB us as opposed to Brady Attaway...(I know this is a pipe dream)

You guys will finish 7-4..still get in the playoffs..but UCA is taking conference.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/dailysentinel.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/a/b5/ab51b6d0-b076-11df-a08d-001cc4c03286/4c7560fd718d0.image.jpg

"Hey Brady the bench is Attaway".

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2013, 01:04 PM
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/dailysentinel.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/a/b5/ab51b6d0-b076-11df-a08d-001cc4c03286/4c7560fd718d0.image.jpg

"Hey Brady the bench is Attaway".

Starting strong this year, Cit

Sammy94
January 8th, 2013, 01:13 PM
You guys will finish 7-4..still get in the playoffs..but UCA is taking conference

No way we lose 4 games. We haven't lost a home game in forever and EWU will find the Texas humidity in Sept. a killer. Even if we do lose that game, which is possible, we won't lose 2 games in the SLC. The Bears have to lose on that field sometime. 8-3 is the worst it will be, I predict 9-2. Fritz will fill those spots with quality players, many of which got plenty of playing time this year or quality transfers.

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2013, 01:33 PM
No way we lose 4 games. We haven't lost a home game in forever and EWU will find the Texas humidity in Sept. a killer. Even if we do lose that game, which is possible, we won't lose 2 games in the SLC. The Bears have to lose on that field sometime. 8-3 is the worst it will be, I predict 9-2. Fritz will fill those spots with quality players, many of which got plenty of playing time this year or quality transfers.

And you also have to lose at home at some point..and you have to stumble in the SLC..it's bound to happen sooner or later

Tubakat2014
January 8th, 2013, 02:09 PM

Kinda like the cold in Montana was supposed to render our players basically unable to move? Just saying, it goes both ways... I still like our chances with EWU now that we'll have more time to prepare for them.

Sammy94
January 8th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Kinda like the cold in Montana was supposed to render our players basically unable to move? Just saying, it goes both ways... I still like our chances with EWU now that we'll have more time to prepare for them.

I really don't think its the same thing. I remember a #1 Montana team came down here one Sept. and 90% of them were dragging *** the 2nd half. Playing in the cold is an adjustment but playing in a Texas sauna in Sept. is a different animal if you are not use to it.

IBleedYellow
January 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Yeah, screw that Texas Sauna bull****.

There was a reason Air Force PT was done at 5:15 in the morning when I had BMT there 4 years ago. It gets so damn hot there so fast.

Texas
January 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I see TAMU loss and maybe a loss at the stripes. I have faith in Fritz and his recruiting. See SHSU seed and another run at the NC. Flanders still has a season in him, he will be even more determined to get his ring.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Walkon79
January 8th, 2013, 07:00 PM

God I hope not!!

Give us a Valley or SoCon team in the Quarters. Anybody but you guys!

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
January 8th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I see TAMU loss and maybe a loss at the stripes. I have faith in Fritz and his recruiting. See SHSU seed and another run at the NC. Flanders still has a season in him, he will be even more determined to get his ring.

He didn't even get the coveted SLC ring this season. Which one will he have on his phone next season?

Texas
January 8th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Pretty boring buddy, try again.

Sammy94
January 9th, 2013, 07:49 AM
And you also have to lose at home at some point..and you have to stumble in the SLC..it's bound to happen sooner or later

One year a fluke, two years???? If you haven't noticed, Fritz is trying to build a powerhouse with a winning attitude. BTW we did stumble in the SLC this year.

TheRevSFA
January 9th, 2013, 08:57 AM
One year a fluke, two years???? If you haven't noticed, Fritz is trying to build a powerhouse with a winning attitude. BTW we did stumble in the SLC this year.

Who said anything about a fluke? But we could have argued in 2009 and 2010 that we were building a powerhouse (which we weren't) Our conference is cyclic and you guys seem to forget that when you're winning, but when you're at the top, you have nowhere to go but down.

You truly lose way too much on defense, plus Flanders might declare. I think Sam will win the conference again, or share with UCA, but I don't think it's going to be the dominating performace that it has been for the past two years

Silenoz
January 9th, 2013, 05:02 PM
1. Will we (UM) have a quarterback