PDA

View Full Version : Second-Half Surge Lifts Bison To Another NCAA Title Over SHSU

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Here is the College Sports Journal's coverage of today's North Dakota State-Sam Houston State championship game:

Second-Half Surge Lifts Bison To Another NCAA Title Over SHSU

By David Coulson
Executive Editor
College Sports Journal

FRISCO, TX. — When you have a chance to slay a dragon, you better have all of your weapons ready.

Sam Houston State had numerous opportunities to thrust defending champion North Dakota State onto the ropes in Saturday afternoon's NCAA Division I Football Championship game at FC Dallas Stadium.

But numerous Bearkat mistakes and stout red zone defense from NDSU allowed the Bison to roll to a 39-13 rout and their second straight national title.

North Dakota State cornerback Marcus Williams picked off two of the four interceptions the Bison defense forced, while quarterback Brock Jensen scored three times and running back Sam Ojuri added two more touchdowns to help NDSU turned a 10-10 halftime deadlock into a 29-3 outburst in the second half.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/688-second-half-surge-lifts-north-dakota-state-to-another-ncaa-title-over-shsu

Lehigh Football Nation
January 5th, 2013, 07:22 PM
xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
January 5th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Dave Coulson is a 35-year veteran of covering college football at every level from Division I to the junior college ranks, including 20 years as the leading written voice of FCS. He authored an award-winning, coffee-table book on Appalachian State's run to the 2005 national championship, entitled "Magic on the Mountain."