PDA

View Full Version : What did I learn from the NC game and end of the FCS season.

marenlee
January 5th, 2013, 04:30 PM
A few things I learned from this game. Feel free to post your end of season thoughts.

-AGS will have to deal with NDSU trolls for another year...
-ESPN coverage of the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP still sucks
-I'm really starting to hate the T-mobile chick because I want to slam my head into a wall after seeing the "helicopter" commercial for the 50th time every football game
-If the Bison make it again next year, I won't miss a trip to Frisco for the world.
-Watch out next year FCS. Bison starters are seniors next year.

darell1976
January 5th, 2013, 04:32 PM
A few things I learned from this game. Feel free to post your end of season thoughts.

-AGS will have to deal with NDSU trolls for another year...
-ESPN coverage of the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP still sucks-I'm really starting to hate the T-mobile chick because I want to slam my head into a wall after seeing the "helicopter" commercial for the 50th time every football game
-If the Bison make it again next year, I won't miss a trip to Frisco for the world.
-Watch out next year FCS. Bison starters are seniors next year.

Which part didn't you like the Alabama-ND talk at halftime or the basketball game that almost went into the opening kickoff. ESPN is horrible for anything less than the big name schools.

rbostic278
January 5th, 2013, 05:09 PM
1. NDSU vs GSU would have been a better NC game...jus' sayin' 2. NDSU would beat 80% of the current fbs teams. They already have a headstart. 3. Being a GSU fan I want to get out of fcs...a) reason number one NDSU b) reason two NDSU c) reason three..'ol hell you the picture

IBleedYellow
January 5th, 2013, 05:11 PM
1. NDSU vs GSU would have been a better NC game...jus' sayin' 2. NDSU would beat 80% of the current fbs teams. They already have a headstart. 3. Being a GSU fan I want to get out of fcs...a) reason number one NDSU b) reason two NDSU c) reason three..'ol hell you the picture

I'm sorry, but I don't believe we would win against 80% of the FBS. Thanks for the other compliments, though.

Nexus 4

marenlee
January 5th, 2013, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't believe we would win against 80% of the FBS. Thanks for the other compliments, though.

Nexus 4

I think we could take Northern Illinois :) Countdown to August 31st @ Kansas State!

EKU Toss Sweep
January 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM
2. NDSU would beat 80% of the current fbs teams.

Great win for NDSU and Congrats on very impressive Back 2 Back runs? I would have to say NDSU is hands down favorite going into next season for the possible 3peat.

But, tap the breaks there rbostic. 80% includes a whole lot of good FBS teams.

Take it easy on Frisco tonight Bison fans, you want to make sure you are welcome there again next January!

marenlee
January 5th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Great win for NDSU and Congrats on very impressive Back 2 Back runs? I would have to say NDSU is hands down favorite going into next season for the possible 3peat.

But, tap the breaks there rbostic. 80% includes a whole lot of good FBS teams.

Take it easy on Frisco tonight Bison fans, you want to make sure you are welcome there again next January!

There are a LOT of bad FBS programs out there too. But I'd say 50% is a good conservative number. That goes for any top FCS program in general.

Hammerhead
January 5th, 2013, 05:53 PM
#8 Texas A&M only beat the Bearkats by 19 points and NDSU beat the Kats by 26. :)

Nexus 4

AppAlum2003
January 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Wow, AGS is becoming near un-readable. I'm going to have to stay in the Lounge

Reign of Terrier
January 5th, 2013, 06:21 PM
2. GSU
3.Wofford

sgt smash
January 5th, 2013, 06:37 PM
2. GSU
3.Wofford

Those two could be either way depending on the day.

Thundar
January 5th, 2013, 09:47 PM
I learned again that SHSU can't handle a physical team

cbarrier90
January 5th, 2013, 10:01 PM

This ^ is what I learned this season...

citdog
January 5th, 2013, 10:03 PM
This ^ is what I learned this season...

and you base this on your whole ONE YEAR of membership.

cbarrier90
January 5th, 2013, 10:06 PM
and you base this on your whole ONE YEAR of membership.

When I see "NDSU could beat 80% of FBS teams" I become concerned...

Drblankstare
January 5th, 2013, 10:11 PM
I learned that having 4 TO's rarely gets you a win. Also, it's going to hard to live with some Bison fans for awhile. At least the Vikes lost. Go Broncos. Lol

citdog
January 5th, 2013, 10:12 PM
When I see "NDSU could beat 80% of FBS teams" I become concerned...

when app was winning three in a row your people were just as bad....... and probably worse

Hammerhead
January 5th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I learned that App State is yesterday's news. :-)

cbarrier90
January 5th, 2013, 10:49 PM
when app was winning three in a row your people were just as bad....... and probably worse

I figured, and for that, four plus years later I apologize. :(

Hammerhead
January 5th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I also learned that wearing diapers outside of your pants nullifies the southern speed.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/runsamrun_zpsf79b7ca4.jpg

AppAlum2003
January 5th, 2013, 10:59 PM
I learned that App State is yesterday's news. :-)

Exhibit #1

marenlee
January 5th, 2013, 11:00 PM
xlolx

Bison56
January 5th, 2013, 11:02 PM
I also learned that wearing diapers outside of your pants nullifies the southern speed.

Love the pic!xthumbsupx

citdog
January 5th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Exhibit #1

unproven coach. horrible defense. rock shattered.

AppAlum2003
January 5th, 2013, 11:21 PM
unproven coach. horrible defense. rock shattered.

Yes, App one of the worst teams in FCS. I fail to see how that has anything to do with the circlejerk known as the University of the State of North Dakota State.

citdog
January 5th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Yes, App one of the worst teams in FCS. I fail to see how that has anything to do with the circlejerk known as the University of the State of North Dakota State.

y'all were just as bad......let 'em enjoy it.

Sambow
January 5th, 2013, 11:27 PM

****ty post. You win...enjoy it. Congrats

AppAlum2003
January 5th, 2013, 11:31 PM
y'all were just as bad......let 'em enjoy it.

Find my posts where I was even 10% of the insanity we're reading here.

I happen to enjoy reading and posting on this forum. And there are a few NDSU posters that are actually really good. But some of this **** makes it hard to click on "New Posts".

citdog
January 5th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Find my posts where I was even 10% of the insanity we're reading here.

I happen to enjoy reading and posting on this forum. And there are a few NDSU posters that are actually really good. But some of this **** makes it hard to click on "New Posts".

You=AppAlum2003

Y'all=Yosefs

never said you were.

Bison56
January 5th, 2013, 11:41 PM
I learned that some people are very sensitive.

Sambow
January 5th, 2013, 11:50 PM
In my opinion the 80% against the fbs is comical. You won a big game at a tiny ball park. You would be at best the 6th best team in the state of Texas. NDSU has no chance at winning at UT, ATM, TCU, Texas Tech, or Baylor.

Hammerhead
January 5th, 2013, 11:59 PM
I thought the game was for the FCS championship, not the championship of Texas. FWIW, the Sagarin ratings only had NDSU favored by 2 over SHSU and predict NDSU would lose by 4 points to Texas Tech and 5 points to TCU on a neutral field.

seantaylor
January 6th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Three best teams this season were in the same bracket. GSU, NDSU, and ODU

Sambow
January 6th, 2013, 12:00 AM
In my opinion the 80% against the fbs is comical. You won a big game at a tiny ball park. You would be at best the 6th best team in the state of Texas. NDSU has no chance at winning at UT, ATM, TCU, Texas Tech, or Baylor.

Apologies, this post was just about the sour taste I have in my mouth. yall beat our butts.

Peatear Griffin
January 6th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Or could it be the fact that you actually went back to read who posted the 80% comment and saw it wasn't a bison fan?

Sambow
January 6th, 2013, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=Hammerhead;1928582]I thought the game was for the FCS championship, not the championship of Texas. FWIW, the Sagarin ratings only had NDSU favored by 2 over SHSU and predict NDSU would lose by 4 points to Texas Tech and 5 points to TCU on a neutral fie

You are correct Sir.

YoUDeeMan
January 6th, 2013, 12:39 AM

Nonsense.

GSU, ODU, and Wofford were one dimensional. Cripes, Woffy only managed 7 points agaisnt NDSU...and you think that is top 3 material? xlolx

GSU would have been sliced and diced by EWU's passing game...and unlike ODU, EWU has some semblence of a defense.

Towson would have buried both Woffy and GSU. xnodx

blueballs
January 6th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Nonsense.

GSU, ODU, and Wofford were one dimensional. Cripes, Woffy only managed 7 points agaisnt NDSU...and you think that is top 3 material? xlolx

GSU would have been sliced and diced by EWU's passing game...and unlike ODU, EWU has some semblence of a defense.

... And then you woke up.

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2013, 05:24 AM

wrong, ODU not one of the best 3 with that D..... Wofford 2 GSU 3

BisonHype!
January 6th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Learned that it is not acceptable on this forum by fans of other schools to celebrate a championship, even though their fans were most likely just as bad during their runs.... don't get so butt hurt.

What everyone else should have learned: Not every Bison fan is Lakes, and most of us are not here to rub wins in people's faces and :pumpuke: all over these forums.

Great season by SHSU. Good luck to you next year!

My Final Top 5:

1. NDSU
2. GSU
3. SHSU
4. ODU
5. Montana State

GATA
January 6th, 2013, 07:02 AM
wrong, ODU not one of the best 3 with that D..... Wofford 2 GSU 3

I can see why you would think Wofford is better than GSU:

1. GSU beat Wofford head to head (and Wofford didn't score a single TD against us).

2. GSU scored 3 TDs against NDSU and actually had the lead in the 4th quarter...Wofford didn't manage a single offensive touchdown against NDSU and never led the game...

*So yeah...Wofford clearly the better team...

GATA
January 6th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Nonsense.

Yeah...I doubt it...considering the only CAA team that has beaten GSU in the last 3 years was that national championship caliber Delaware team in 2010. The CAA is nothing to get excited about.

I'm just glad that now that GSU is back in the playoffs (since 2010) we've been able to derail the dreams of these slightly above average CAA teams that used to make playoff runs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2013, 07:12 AM
I learned again that SHSU can't handle a physical team

This here!

The Bison ran for 300 against a pretty good Sammy run defense.

Some on here thought we would get less than a 100 yds rushing....

TennBison
January 6th, 2013, 07:15 AM

ODU now that is funny, for a minute I thought you were serious.xlolx

IBleedYellow
January 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM
I learned that when our defense decides they want to get to the quarterback, you better hope your offensive line is big enough to protect a small quarterback.

Nexus 4

No_Skill
January 6th, 2013, 07:45 AM

Why does this 80% continue to be brought up? Didn't a gsu fan throw that out there? In fact ndsu fans have disagreed d with that number.

marenlee
January 6th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Gotta love the hypothetical feeling in the air. :)

DoWe
January 6th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I learned that NDSU is the undisputed flagship program in FCS, right now.

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2013, 08:37 AM
I learned that NDSU is the undisputed flagship program in Texas, right now.

xlolx

January 6th, 2013, 08:49 AM
I learned that the Bearcats are a class act program. I applaud their sportsmanship!
GO BISON!

DJKyR0
January 6th, 2013, 10:07 AM
What I learned was what I said in week four of the season - NDSU is the est team in the FCS again.

Not sure where exactly to post this, but also had the opportunity to chat with a pair of knowledgeable SHSU fans last night and really learned a lot about the institution and football in Texas in general. Really came to respect SHSU as a school for the whole "small fish in a big pond" deal. They weren't tremendously confident about SHSU's chances next year but I would be glad to meet up with you all in frisco again next year.

DJKyR0
January 6th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I learned that the Bearcats are a class act program. I applaud their sportsmanship!
GO BISON!

Can't agree. Middle finger last year, fritz predicting they would run away with it in the 4th quarter, and my personal favorite, number 94 chucking his helmet into the bench and screaming the f-word when we had it in hand. Meanwhile I listened to a few SHSU fans talk about how we had no business winning last year and didn't have a ghost of a chance this year. Hope that fall to reality didn't break their necks.

A few of their posters have been gracious in defeat in defeat, and that's awesome. But let's not pretend they aren't as cocky as every other fan base, and most of their fans I've talked to seem to think they are untouchable because they have the fastest athletes this side of the Mississippi. Players and fans alike.

Hammerhead
January 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Don't forget the two personal foul penalties on SHSU at the end of the first half.

TennBison
January 6th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Can't agree. Middle finger last year, fritz predicting they would run away with it in the 4th quarter, and my personal favorite, number 94 chucking his helmet into the bench and screaming the f-word when we had it in hand. Meanwhile I listened to a few SHSU fans talk about how we had no business winning last year and didn't have a ghost of a chance this year. Hope that fall to reality didn't break their necks.

A few of their posters have been gracious in defeat in defeat, and that's awesome. But let's not pretend they aren't as cocky as every other fan base, and most of their fans I've talked to seem to think they are untouchable because they have the fastest athletes this side of the Mississippi. Players and fans alike.

Are you talking about the crazy speed or some other kind of speed? Last time I checked, there had to have been about 6 teams that thought they were going to light us up with speed never before seen by anyone from NDSU.

kalm
January 6th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Learned that it is not acceptable on this forum by fans of other schools to celebrate a championship, even though their fans were most likely just as bad during their runs.... don't get so butt hurt.

What everyone else should have learned: Not every Bison fan is Lakes, and most of us are not here to rub wins in people's faces and :pumpuke: all over these forums.

Great season by SHSU. Good luck to you next year!

My Final Top 5:

1. NDSU
2. GSU
3. SHSU
4. ODU
5. Montana State

xlolx

AmsterBison
January 6th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Sam Houston State fans are loud too and Dr. Pepper tastes better in restaurants around here than anywhere else I've been in the US
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Southern Bison
January 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM

DJ, you touch on something that I've noticed about the Bison players...the "antics" aren't there like you see from our opponents. It's a workman-like mentality and you celebrate for a second after a turnover or a TD, but not after every play. I'm proud of our guys and their attitude of let the scoreboard do the talking.

DJKyR0
January 6th, 2013, 09:08 PM
DJ, you touch on something that I've noticed about the Bison players...the "antics" aren't there like you see from our opponents. It's a workman-like mentality and you celebrate for a second after a turnover or a TD, but not after every play. I'm proud of our guys and their attitude of let the scoreboard do the talking.

One of my favorite moments of the season was watching an SIU player blow a snot rocket after we jawed with him a bit about the new turf in the fargodome. I wouldn't expect that of any NDSU player.

rbostic278
January 7th, 2013, 08:00 AM
80% was a lite-hearted comment made by me but I do believe NDSU could beat alot of FBS teams, and thats with 63 scollies. Now let's move on and I don't care if I get bashed. I get enough grief for being a GaSouthern fans and not having gone to the school. What up with that?????

Hammerhead
January 7th, 2013, 08:16 AM
That's been how the Bison operate as long as I can remember. There's no prancing around after a big play. It's mostly just a fist pump and then look for a teammate to get a high 5 or something like that.

kingkat99
January 7th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I would be glad to meet up with you all in frisco again next year.

I would too if I were you hell at this rate Id wish we were playing in the NC for the next 10 years if I were you...sadly most of our fans think that yall saying this is a compliment when its really a sneaky underhanded jab.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 7th, 2013, 08:41 AM
I learned that BNATION still hasn't changed his avatar.

SpeedkingATL
January 7th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I learned from the Championship game that NDSU is still the best team in FCS and I enjoy watching their defense swarm around. After another playoff fail I learned that App has the guts to make the changes required to attempt to turn the program around.

blueballs
January 7th, 2013, 09:24 AM
I learned that NDSU just put up back to back 14-1 NC seasons. That means that they have to be mentioned with the all time great programs in this division in the playoff era. Where they fit in exactly in that conversation is debatable in a hot stove type of conversation, but thet are in that conversation and that is a helluva accomplishment.

BisonBacker
January 7th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Don't forget Wofford!!

AppAlum2003
January 7th, 2013, 09:34 AM
80% was a lite-hearted comment made by me but I do believe NDSU could beat alot of FBS teams, and thats with 63 scollies. Now let's move on and I don't care if I get bashed. I get enough grief for being a GaSouthern fans and not having gone to the school. What up with that?????

It's OK, she is too:

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/article_photos/bingoface-467.jpg

And she clearly didn't make it past 3rd grade.

cannonballgsu
January 7th, 2013, 11:02 AM
It's OK, she is too:

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/article_photos/bingoface-467.jpg

And she clearly didn't make it past 3rd grade.

You are mistaken. She is CLEARLY a uga fan. Look at the dawwwg mask she is wearing.

AmsterBison
January 7th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I didn't really learn it at Frisco because it has been pretty obvious for a long time: The margin between winning and losing is extremely small in the FCS and the margin between losing and losing big is about the same.

NDSU had four regular season games and two playoff games that were decided by a TD or less this year: Any given Saturday.

Bisonoline
January 7th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Sam Houston State fans are loud too and Dr. Pepper tastes better in restaurants around here than anywhere else I've been in the US
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

This could be because Dr Pepper is more popular in the south so the fountain soda is much more fresh when coming out of the dispenser. The other possibility is they have changed the syrup-Co2 ratio.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 7th, 2013, 11:22 AM
This could be because Dr Pepper is more popular in the south so the fountain soda is much more fresh when coming out of the dispenser. The other possibility is they have changed the syrup-Co2 ratio.

It's the same as when I went to a McDonalds literally in the shadow of the Corporate Headquarters building. It was the nicest one I'd ever seen.

AppAlum2003
January 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM
It's the same as when I went to a McDonalds literally in the shadow of the Corporate Headquarters building. It was the nicest one I'd ever seen.

McDonald's outside of the Biltmore Estate in NC:

http://blueridgetravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/BiltmoreVillageMcDonalds.jpg

http://blueridgetravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/BiltmoreVillageMcDonaldsGrandPiano.jpg

http://blueridgetravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/BiltmoreVillageMcDonaldsCopperCeiling2.jpg

Darlinikki150
January 7th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Here's what I learned.

1. Texas people aren't as backwards as I thought.
A. Still have a hard time understanding them tho.
2. NDSU's defense is better than any other team in the FCS. Everyone should just lie back and take it, the truth hurts.
3. ESPN is bull**** coverage.
4. Stadium is nice but need better phone coverage, couldn't send a pic text to save my life.
5. We drink way more beer up North, no matter prepared you think you are, you aren't. We will drink your state dry if we could.
6. Driving here was fun, driving home blows.

That is all, carry on boys.

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2013, 12:20 AM
I would too if I were you hell at this rate Id wish we were playing in the NC for the next 10 years if I were you...sadly most of our fans think that yall saying this is a compliment when its really a sneaky underhanded jab.

Serious? Why?

Southern Bison
January 8th, 2013, 12:26 AM
McDonald's outside of the Biltmore Estate in NC:

http://blueridgetravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/BiltmoreVillageMcDonalds.jpg

http://blueridgetravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/BiltmoreVillageMcDonaldsGrandPiano.jpg

http://blueridgetravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/BiltmoreVillageMcDonaldsCopperCeiling2.jpg

They have a player piano at the McD' near SouthPark in Charlotte. I don't go there for the f'n piano or the food.

ASUMountaineer
January 8th, 2013, 07:12 AM
They have a player piano at the McD' near SouthPark in Charlotte. I don't go there for the f'n piano or the food.

You go there for work?

Bison56
January 8th, 2013, 07:19 AM
You go there for work?

xlolx

AppAlum2003
January 8th, 2013, 07:19 AM
You go there for work?

Hey, back off! He's worked hard to get to shift manager and fry cook. Boss says if he keeps it up, he won't have to clean raccoon turds out of the outdoor playground anymore.

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2013, 07:23 AM

Or could it be that dr pepper was created in Texas, and is HQed in Dallas

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2013, 07:26 AM
NDSU fans complaining about another fan base being cocky and annoying?

Seriously?!,

AppAlum2003
January 8th, 2013, 07:28 AM
NDSU fans complaining about another fan base being cocky and annoying?

Seriously?!,

Don't you know? They would have given Alabama a better game than ND last night. In fact, they probably would have led at the half.

ASUMountaineer
January 8th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Hey, back off! He's worked hard to get to shift manager and fry cook. Boss says if he keeps it up, he won't have to clean raccoon turds out of the outdoor playground anymore.

xoutofrepx

BisonBacker
January 8th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Don't you know? They would have given Alabama a better game than ND last night. In fact, they probably would have led at the half.

Yoiu reek of jealousy or you may just reek xlolx

AppAlum2003
January 8th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Yoiu reek of jealousy or you may just reek xlolx

Nope, it'll be 72 degrees here on Saturday and you still have to live in North Dakota. If anything, I should feel sorry for you.

moosbah
January 8th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I learned the following.

1. Frisco offers NO ambiance of actually being in Texas.
2. Frisco is full of VERY nice and hospitable people.
3. A soccer stadium with obscured scoreboard views and a guy with way to much free time on the PA music board sucks.
4. SHSU has a loud, albeit small fan base.
5. When it comes to the big game, put up or shut up.
6. Bell needs to put on about 40 pounds.

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I learned the following.

1. Frisco offers NO ambiance of actually being in Texas.

Well no ****. Frisco was nothing but fields 20 years ago. It's a cookie cutter suburb full of mcmansions that would give FC Dallas a stadium

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 8th, 2013, 09:41 AM
That a physical hard-nose football team on both sides of the ball will beat a finesse team most of the time.