PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern to play Florida '09

CSU BUCS
August 23rd, 2006, 07:38 PM
I talked to an administrator today who informed me that CSU will play the Gators in the swamp in '09. The Contract was completed yesterday. The Bucs also have a deal to play a four year home and home contract with Wofford beginning in '07

TexasTerror
August 23rd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Chuck South is definitely stepping up the competition quite a bit with the series with Wofford and a clash against BS foe Florida...

Chuck South needs to come to the South-land for some football!

CSU BUCS
August 23rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
I had the Pleasure of speaking with Hank Small (CSU's AD) last Jan. He said there goal was to have one d-1a game a year and the rest of the ooc games to be made up of SOCON and A-10 schools.

It's an exciting time.

We opened a new science building last fall and by the end of this year all of the academic buildings and the cafeteria will have been completely renovated and remodeled.

Plans are also in the works for a new football stadium and a new basketball arena. Once all of the academic buildings are done. The new basketball arena will occupy the space that is the football stadium is now. The new football stadium will be erected were the football practice fields are currently located, with new practice facilities being constructed behind the baseball stadium.

It's a great time to be a Buc' fan, Alum, or student.

TexasTerror
August 23rd, 2006, 08:18 PM
I had the Pleasure of speaking with Hank Small (CSU's AD) in Jan. He said they wanted to have one d-1a game a year and the rest of the ooc games to be made up of SOCON and A-10 schools.

Must be nice on the east coast...:nonono2:

CSU BUCS
August 23rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
Hey, I will be happy with any schedule upgrade.

I would love to have a South-land team on our schedule.

I'm just glad there is a commitment to athletics with the new administration.
I'm also glad that they realize that we can't get to were we want to be by playing North Greenville College or Edwards Watters etc.......

OL FU
August 24th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Glad to hear that Charleston Southern is stepping up their schedule.:nod:

But you can have the swamp:smiley_wi

bluehenbillk
August 24th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Holy crap, the Cumberland - Georgia Tech record may be threatened!!

NoCoDanny
August 24th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Does Charlston Southern offer the full 63? If not, how many?

Sly Fox
August 24th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Congrats on landing the payday. But I admit I agree with bluehenbillk.

CSU BUCS
August 24th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Yes, we became fully funded two years ago. This will be our 3rd season with 63 scholarships. Before we have had as little as 10 scholarships.

dbackjon
August 24th, 2006, 10:19 AM
That's awesome - good to see you guys fully committed to football!!

OL FU
August 24th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Talking about one a little closer to home - I see SCTV has the PC game on 9/2

Any thoughts? You gotta tell me after how you played at the end of the 2005 season, this year is going to be different. :nod:

Coastal89
August 24th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Talking about one a little closer to home - I see SCTV has the PC game on 9/2

Any thoughts? You gotta tell me after how you played at the end of the 2005 season, this year is going to be different. :nod:
CSU will keep it close for 3 quarters but will lose. 35-21 PC. JMHO

GaSouthern
August 24th, 2006, 08:22 PM
there are plenty of other SoCon schools you could schuedule also. Follow CCU's lead and schedule us all in like two years.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 24th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Hank Small was Lehigh's head coach from 1985 i believe until 1993. Looks like he's doing a great job moving the CSU program forward based on their success last year. However i'm not sure about a game with Florida. xidiotx

UNH 1999
August 24th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Hank Small was Lehigh's head coach from 1985 i believe until 1993. Looks like he's doing a great job moving the CSU program forward based on their success last year. However i'm not sure about a game with Florida. xidiotx

i agree... in two years get ready for a bloodbath in gainesville... : smh : and if you go, watch out for the toothless gator fans wearing jean shorts. scary.

but at least you'll earn some $$$.

catamount man
August 24th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Florida has opened the floodgates with smaller I-A/I-AA schools over the next few years the week before the FSU game. WCU goes to the Swamp this November 18th. Way to step up CHUCK SOUTH!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!