PDA

View Full Version : 2012 FCS medals

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 5th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Gold: North Dakota State
Silver: Georgia Southern
Bronze: Wofford

Don't expect me to buy the GSU runner-up T-shirt!

xmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadx xmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadx

xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxb angxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxban gxxbangxxbangx

AppAlum2003
January 5th, 2013, 06:55 PM
The kids in Uganda will love their "Sam Houston 2012 National Champions" t-shirts.

slostang
January 5th, 2013, 07:02 PM

xmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadx xmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadxxmadx

xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxb angxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxban gxxbangxxbangx

Gold: NDSU
Silver: SHSU (won it on the field, this ain't the BCS)
Bronze: GSU

Saint3333
January 5th, 2013, 07:17 PM
2nd wasn't won one the field, only first was.

sgt smash
January 5th, 2013, 07:35 PM
FCS needs a true second matchup.

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2013, 07:46 PM

Sam lost it on the field, they take the silver. GSU and EWU can fight for third

Saint3333
January 5th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Sam just played NDSU later.

I found bet NDSU fans may be voting GSU #2.

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Sam just played NDSU later.

I found bet NDSU fans may be voting GSU #2.

Yep it's just a damned shame an unseeded team made the championship. Damn shame indeed

Texas
January 5th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Yep it's just a damned shame an unseeded team made the championship. Damn shame indeed

People just don't understand match ups at all and that every team matches up differently.

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2013, 08:31 PM
People say Georgia southern would have beaten Sam, but Sam would have keyed into the TO.

But we won know about this years squad and that's that

Saint3333
January 5th, 2013, 09:40 PM

No shame at all they are a very good team I'd have them third. You can't just rank a team higher because they made it further on the opposite side of the bracket. Full body of work counts for something too. Are you going to rank all semi finalists 1-4, quarters 1-8, 2nd rounders 1-16? I'm not.

ngineer
January 5th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Serves no purpose to 'rank' the followers. On 'any given day' an outcome will be different. Sometimes the same but distinctly different scores. There's the national champion and that's it. Kudos to the Bearkats for getting to the finals, but NDSU showed they were the real champs this year. Solid, solid game. Well deserved.

Saint3333
January 5th, 2013, 10:00 PM
There will be a poll.

If the goal is just to crown a champion why did we expand the playoffs. Cue sig

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2013, 10:03 PM
No shame at all they are a very good team I'd have them third. You can't just rank a team higher because they made it further on the opposite side of the bracket. Full body of work counts for something too. Are you going to rank all semi finalists 1-4, quarters 1-8, 2nd rounders 1-16? I'm not.

Okay so Sam having 2 FBS losses, which one of them included leading Baylor for a big chunk of that game, a FCS loss to a playoff team...

Explain the weakness or why Georgia southern was a better team

citdog
January 5th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Okay so Sam having 2 FBS losses, which one of them included leading Baylor for a big chunk of that game, a FCS loss to a playoff team...

NO doubt in my mind that if pig's *** or woco had played ndsu on that neutral field in Frisco that either of them would have emerged victorious.

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Except that field wasnt neutral. It had to be 65 percent ndsu fans

citdog
January 5th, 2013, 10:25 PM

I think that figure may not be high enough. Fargodome won the chipper for the Bison and their fans should be PROUD AS HELL about that.

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2013, 10:35 PM
I think that figure may not be high enough. Fargodome won the chipper for the Bison and their fans should be PROUD AS HELL about that.

I was referring to today's game. Ga south wouldn't have won today either

blueballs
January 6th, 2013, 02:09 AM
I was referring to today's game. Ga south wouldn't have won today either

Maybe, maybe not... We'll never know.

Two things we DO know though... One, that NDSU's home advantage really hurt GSU's offense in key spots, and two, GAU fans would have travelled to Frisco.

It is too bad that GSU's FG unit basically pissed away two games which caused the brackets to be drawn the way they were and matched the two best teams against each other in the semis and not the finals.

BisonHype!
January 6th, 2013, 06:38 AM

You could have had the game at Sam Houston, and the Bison probably still would have been able to buy tickets off Sam Houston's website.xlolxxlolxxlolx

Not many locations would have prevented NDSU's fanbase from travelling well. Is that a fault to NDSU? No.

Saint3333
January 6th, 2013, 06:56 AM

I watched both games. We are not going to agree on this. We are talking about #2 vs. #3, geez.

blueballs
January 6th, 2013, 08:32 AM
The eyeball test, common opponent in consecutive games, GSU better record against common opponents...

NDSU defeated GSU by a FG at NDSU's dome. NDSU defeated SHSU by 4 TD's on a neutral field.

SHSU gave up 81 pts in its last two games= shredded.

SHSU's 2 FCS losses by 30 pts, GSU's 3 FCS losses by 9 pts where GSU missed 7 FG's.

Need I continue???

DoWe
January 6th, 2013, 09:46 AM
2nd place = kissing your sister(s) = GSU takes silver in a rout.

TheRevSFA
January 6th, 2013, 11:26 AM
2nd place = kissing your sister(s) = GSU takes silver in a rout.

True. Statesboro is the capital of that land

slostang
January 6th, 2013, 11:44 AM
The eyeball test, common opponent in consecutive games, GSU better record against common opponents...

NDSU defeated GSU by a FG at NDSU's dome. NDSU defeated SHSU by 4 TD's on a neutral field.

Just because GSU matched up better against NDSU does not mean they match up better against SHSU.

blueballs
January 6th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Just because GSU matched up better against NDSU does not mean they match up better against SHSU.

It would appear that GSU matched up against Central Arkansas better too...

TheRevSFA
January 6th, 2013, 12:08 PM
It would appear that GSU matched up against Central Arkansas better too...

GSU played them at home. UCA has not lost on the stripes

Texas
January 6th, 2013, 12:37 PM
This is one of the dumbest arguments ever. Doesn't matter who played in the NC unless you won. You had your chance at the Bison and you lost. Make excuses about home field advantage but you still lost a championship team overcomes.

What will you say when Alabama wins the NC? TAMU beat them. TAMU also beat SHSU but NDSU beat SHSU by more points... So NDSU must be able to beat Alabama. See how retarded that is.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

BisonFan02
January 6th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Not intended as smack by any means (purely my eyeball test), but I think SHSU may have had a tough time defending the edge/outside against GSU. There were times in that semifinal where you felt helpless stopping them from gaining 5-6 per carry. GSU would have leaned on the SHSU D in the second half even more than maybe NDSU did.

Darlinikki150
January 7th, 2013, 02:57 PM
From what I saw out of SAM, GSU would have ran all over them. The defense is not as good as everyone thought it was, which was shown Sat. They aren't physical enough and not conditioned well enough to get hammered all game by the TO of GSU.

1. NDSU
2. GSU
3. SHSU

Texas
January 7th, 2013, 03:31 PM
From what I saw out of SAM, GSU would have ran all over them. The defense is not as good as everyone thought it was, which was shown Sat. They aren't physical enough and not conditioned well enough to get hammered all game by the TO of GSU.

1. NDSU
2. GSU
3. SHSU
You say that but when your offense hands over the ball that much your D would be gassed. Different game is different.

Darlinikki150
January 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM
And I think GSU's defense would force turn overs also. SAM just isn't s good. as everyone thinks, I'm sorry but its the truth.

Texas
January 7th, 2013, 03:48 PM
And I think GSU's defense would force turn overs also. SAM just isn't s good. as everyone thinks, I'm sorry but its the truth.
Forcing turnovers? Sorry you must have seen a different game because the one I saw was poor QB play by Bell with very bad underthrows/overthrows. Its not force when it was given to you.

Tubakat2014
January 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM
I've generally been very happy with the way the post-championship threads have gone here, but I take great exception to this one. The logic here is interesting, to be polite. Sure, GSU did better against NDSU than we did, but Indiana State actually beat NDSU. So why stop at giving GSU number 2- give Indiana State the title! Then we can give NDSU the 2 spot, GSU the 3 spot, and SHSU can fall right below wherever UCA ends up.

Texas
January 7th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I've generally been very happy with the way the post-championship threads have gone here, but I take great exception to this one. The logic here is interesting, to be polite. Sure, GSU did better against NDSU than we did, but Indiana State actually beat NDSU. So why stop at giving GSU number 2- give Indiana State the title! Then we can give NDSU the 2 spot, GSU the 3 spot, and SHSU can fall right below wherever UCA ends up.

No joke, all people look at is scores but at the end of the day its all about who walked away with the win. GSU or SHSU didn't walk away with a win against NDSU, honestly who cares about second place in football?

citdog
January 7th, 2013, 04:20 PM
No joke, all people look at is scores but at the end of the day its all about who walked away with the win. GSU or SHSU didn't walk away with a win against NDSU, honestly who cares about second place in football?

http://www.barstoolu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Screen-shot-2012-02-01-at-1.11.33-PM.png

Tubakat2014
January 7th, 2013, 04:23 PM

Agreed.

EDIT- I still haven't EVER seen one of those "runner-up" shirts in person. And I hope I never do. Here's to not even MAKING them this year...

kingkat99
January 7th, 2013, 04:24 PM
http://www.barstoolu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Screen-shot-2012-02-01-at-1.11.33-PM.png

Oh look how cute the ags racist came up with a new joke....oh wait thats the same boring worn out joke from last year...carry on.

Texas
January 7th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Agreed.

EDIT- I still haven't EVER seen one of those "runner-up" shirts in person. And I hope I never do. Here's to not even MAKING them this year...

Same here, from what's been said they never went on sale...

citdog
January 7th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Oh look how cute the ags racist came up with a new joke....oh wait thats the same boring worn out joke from last year...carry on.

you're right. i am racist against orange.

Texas
January 7th, 2013, 04:37 PM

You still have the worst/dumbest "smack" I've ever seen.

citdog
January 7th, 2013, 04:45 PM
You still have the worst/dumbest "smack" I've ever seen.

well quite frankly you're in the minority, and therefore as a racist I must hate you, around here.

5 Time Defending Smack Board Champion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhRFnUn72E

Texas
January 7th, 2013, 04:49 PM
well quite frankly you're in the minority, and therefore as a racist I must hate you, around here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhRFnUn72E
Pretty sure I'm not or people just don't give a damn. You keep chugging along with your routine little guy.

citdog
January 7th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Pretty sure I'm not or people just don't give a damn. You keep chugging along with your routine little guy.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Darlinikki150
January 7th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Listen SAM has a great team, but the name of the thread is 2012 FCS medals. Imo GSU gets the silver, SAM gets the bronze.

End of story, kisses!

Tubakat2014
January 7th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Listen SAM has a great team, but the name of the thread is 2012 FCS medals. Imo GSU gets the silver, SAM gets the bronze.

End of story, kisses!

And I most certainly respect the opinion of you and the others that have posted similar sentiments. I just personally think it goes against the spirit of the playoffs to penalize teams for making it to the championship game on the "wrong" side of the bracket.

That's just my opinion, of course. Oh, the offseason has begun...

Texas
January 7th, 2013, 05:11 PM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Sour%20Grapes.jpg

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/other/grand/083095a156e3dd20d923c0ff2918ca8d.gif

TheRevSFA
January 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM

End of story, kisses!

You have your opinion, but they're like assholes, though maybe not as loose as yours

citdog
January 7th, 2013, 05:13 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/other/grand/083095a156e3dd20d923c0ff2918ca8d.gif

if you're coming onto me the answer is YES!

Texas
January 7th, 2013, 05:18 PM
if you're coming onto me the answer is YES!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/helltourguide/bateman_zpsa5886deb.gif

Darlinikki150
January 7th, 2013, 05:37 PM
You have your opinion, but they're like asshols, though maybe not as loose as yours

Oh Rev, while I'm flattered by your flirting, your to old, fat, short, and mean for me.

But big kisses bigstuff!

Texas
January 7th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Oh Rev, while I'm flattered by your flirting, your to old, fat, short, and mean for me.

But big kisses bigstuff!
You have to be by far one of the dumbest posters on this board.

Darlinikki150
January 7th, 2013, 06:51 PM
And you must be new! Welcome to AGS prick. Our paths will cross again, til then kisses bigboy!

TheRevSFA
January 7th, 2013, 07:23 PM

But big kisses bigstuff!

Actually, no, maybe, no and no to answer your thoughts about me.

But I could assume that you're too short, too much trailer, too much acrylic nails, and too much chain smoking Marlboro lights for me

Kisses

Texas
January 7th, 2013, 07:45 PM

But I could assume that you're too short, too much trailer, too much acrylic nails, and too much chain smoking Marlboro lights for me

Kisses
I get a strong feeling this person is a guy.

TheRevSFA
January 7th, 2013, 07:49 PM
I get a strong feeling this person is a guy.

Or a water buffalo....

citdog
January 7th, 2013, 07:50 PM

Kisses

the rev's theme song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncLZD4KFUD4

citdog
January 7th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Or a water buffalo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBgZx4TjSfQ

TheRevSFA
January 7th, 2013, 08:28 PM
the rev's theme song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncLZD4KFUD4

xthumbsupx

kingkat99
January 7th, 2013, 09:04 PM
You have your opinion, but they're like assholes, though maybe not as loose as yours

Hahaha....she's a gaper. Donkey punch her next time Rev it'll tighten up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Texas
January 7th, 2013, 09:38 PM

Glad I was proven wrong.

Darlinikki150
January 8th, 2013, 02:16 AM
You guys are so much fun. Pretty pervy but fun. Answers to Rev

I'm 5"11
No trailer, just an apartment.
Real nails and hair color.
Camel wides, for now. Just started my chantix!

And my ***, well that's a little personal. I will just leave that alone, kinda inappropriate for this thread imo.

Ginsbach
January 8th, 2013, 02:33 AM

As a ginger, I'm slightly offended.

kingkat99
January 8th, 2013, 06:17 AM

I'm 5"11

And my ***, well that's a little personal. I will just leave that alone, kinda inappropriate for this thread imo.

Wait wait wait...your camel is wide too???? And how is chantix gonna fix that???

NoDak 4 Ever
January 8th, 2013, 06:35 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120922113945/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/1/14/Boy-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2013, 06:41 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120922113945/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/1/14/Boy-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

I already won poster of the year. Need to focus on a new one...but I don't think I have the ability to win the smack talking one

ysubigred
January 8th, 2013, 07:07 AM

Silver: INDY ST xblehx
Bronze: Georgia Southern

ysubigred
January 8th, 2013, 07:13 AM

I'm 5"11

Did someone say *** xawesomex

http://www.uwec.edu/geography/ivogeler/Travel/Brazil/Rio-beaches/images/img_0285.jpg

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Did someone say *** xawesomex

http://www.uwec.edu/geography/ivogeler/Travel/Brazil/Rio-beaches/images/img_0285.jpg

I was waiting to see how long it took you to jump into this thread

AppAlum2003
January 8th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I'm pretty sure ysubigred has an extremely complex database somewhere housed on his PC. It tell hims the appropriate times to post a particular picture. It may have taken 25 years to finish, but the time and effort was worth it.

ysubigred
January 8th, 2013, 07:27 AM
I was waiting to see how long it took you to jump into this thread

You're welcome xsmiley_wix

ysubigred
January 8th, 2013, 07:28 AM
I'm pretty sure ysubigred has an extremely complex database somewhere housed on his PC. It tell hims the appropriate times to post a particular picture. It may have taken 25 years to finish, but the time and effort was worth it.

I have a big dinger that alerts me xsalutex