PDA

View Full Version : Can the Bison threepeat?

westdakotabison
January 5th, 2013, 03:10 PM
xlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 5th, 2013, 03:14 PM
If you don't have to face GSU in Statesboro or on a neutral field.:D

Apphole
January 5th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I would love to face NDSU in the NC next year (assuming we're eligible.)

Red & Black
January 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Ditto. Would love to get a chance to see the EWU vs the NDSU defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TennBison
January 5th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I would love to face NDSU in the NC next year (assuming we're eligible.)

You can't even get out of the first round most of the time, how do you think your going to make the natty.xlolx

Red & Black
January 5th, 2013, 03:31 PM
You can't even get out of the first round most of the time, how do you think your going to make the natty.xlolx

That's a pretty bold statement.

darell1976
January 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM
If they don't lose many from their starters they could 3 peat.

Saint3333
January 5th, 2013, 03:42 PM

Nice join date. Showing your ignorance already.

eaglewraith
January 5th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I'd love to see the NCAA setup a chance at a better matchup in the championship game.

The true championship game was played Dec 14 in the Fargo Dome.

Winindy
January 5th, 2013, 03:47 PM
7 seniors and I'm not sure that any of them started. I'd say they have a good shot at it anyway. That was a heck of a recruiting class.

ZTEUP
January 5th, 2013, 03:49 PM
I'd love to see the NCAA setup a chance at a better matchup in the championship game.

You had your chance and you lost. Live with it!

bisonguy
January 5th, 2013, 03:50 PM
If they don't lose many from their starters they could 3 peat.

NDSU loses 4 starters next year- Martin(CB) and Ollman(SS) on defense (Ollman started in place of Heagle who was out due to a knee injury and will be back next year)

Lund (C) and Bruhn(TE) are the starters lost on offense.

underdawg
January 5th, 2013, 03:51 PM
xlolx

Repeat as Valley Champs? No--that would be SIU in 2013. xlolx Congratulations Bison! See you guys in Carbondale next season--it won't be as easy as it was todayxnodx

eaglewraith
January 5th, 2013, 03:52 PM
You had your chance and you lost. Live with it!

You waited 6 years and that's all you've got?

ZTEUP
January 5th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Ditto. Would love to get a chance to see the EWU vs the NDSU defense.

Second chance tough guy, huh? NDSU would have have beat both your QB's to death. You have no run game which means you lose!

ASU_Fanatic
January 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
no

ZTEUP
January 5th, 2013, 03:58 PM
You waited 6 years and that's all you've got?

That happens when you do what I do! How bout you talk to your AD and staighten him out so we can play again next year. If you have a problem with playing us in the semi's, bitch to the selection committee.

darell1976
January 5th, 2013, 04:00 PM
NDSU loses 4 starters next year- Martin(CB) and Ollman(SS) on defense (Ollman started in place of Heagle who was out due to a knee injury and will be back next year)

That's it??? Damn!!

eaglewraith
January 5th, 2013, 04:02 PM
That happens when you do what I do! How bout you talk to your AD and staighten him out so we can play again next year. If you have a problem with playing us in the semi's, bitch to the selection committee.

Uh...did you notice I said that I wish the NCAA would setup a chance at a better matchup in the title game itself? That means the selection committee since the committee is run by the NCAA.

SHSU proved once again they didn't belong in the title game. I honestly thing all the championship contenders were on our side of the bracket, it's dumb to make them tear each other up on the way to the title game. Put together a matchup of two teams that will make a compelling game.

Also, thank your lucky stars we had a ****ty kicking game this year.

ZTEUP
January 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Uh...did you notice I said that I wish the NCAA would setup a chance at a better matchup in the title game itself? That means the selection committee since the committee is run by the NCAA.

SHSU proved once again they didn't belong in the title game. I honestly thing all the championship contenders were on our side of the bracket, it's dumb to make them tear each other up on the way to the title game. Put together a matchup of two teams that will make a compelling game.

Also, thank your lucky stars we had a ****ty kicking game this year.

Relax! I don't disagree with you. The most important thing is that we took care of business in proper fashion. Stay in FCS so we can hopefully decide this some time in Frisco.

caribbeanhen
January 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM
yes the can

Grizo406
January 5th, 2013, 04:13 PM
If they played like they did today, and don't have to face the Griz xlolxxlolxxlolx...ABSOLUTELY!

344Johnson
January 5th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Yep. Our guys can. Woo! Great weather for the game today as well.

slostang
January 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM

In that case I'd say they have to be the favorite in 2013.

Hammerhead
January 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM
What are you talking about? Last year's championship game was much closer than this year's game.

....SHSU proved once again they didn't belong in the title game...

steelr7
January 5th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Of course it is a possibility. But there is a lot to football to be played between now & then. They will have the talent, hopefully the Injury bug doesn't bite.

marenlee
January 5th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Of course it is a possibility. But there is a lot to football to be played between now & then. They will have the talent, hopefully the Injury bug doesn't bite.

Well... Losing our two best defensive players this year...

Drblankstare
January 5th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Honestly, there is a lot that can happen, but the D was missing perry and Heagle for the playoffs, 2 of the best athletes on the team. If they all stay healthy next year, I wouldn't bet against them.

Red & Black
January 5th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Second chance tough guy, huh? NDSU would have have beat both your QB's to death. You have no run game which means you lose!

Just like last time?

Gil Dobie
January 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM
If there are no key injuries or big ego's on the Bison team, there is a chance. The Valley will be tough again next year, and many teams will be improving. The Bison will have to work hard to keep up and stay ahead of the curve, because if you are coasting, you are going downhill.

BisonBacker
January 5th, 2013, 07:48 PM

Agreed

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2013, 08:30 PM

Too bad you're going FBS and will be bottom feeding in the sun belt. Maybe you can pay NDSU to come out for a body bag game but they'd beat you again

HandoEX
January 5th, 2013, 08:32 PM
NDSU had one of the smallest senior classes in ages. Next year's senior class is the best I've ever seen at NDSU. Right now, it would take catostrophic injuries to eat through all the depth, so coaching changes are the biggest theat to derail the potential dynasty, imo.

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2013, 08:34 PM
NDSU had one of the smallest senior classes in ages. Next year's senior class is the best I've ever seen at NDSU. Right now, it would take catostrophic injuries to eat through all the depth, so coaching changes are the biggest theat to derail the potential dynasty, imo.

I'm already planning on buying my nc tickets the moment they go on sale

hlebichuk
January 5th, 2013, 08:56 PM
It's a three year dynasty. They won't lose a game next year.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 09:10 PM

Try the SECOND ROUND. ASU has lost in the second round in the past three years after going NC, NC, NC, QF and SF the previous five years.

344Johnson
January 5th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Too bad you're going FBS and will be bottom feeding in the sun belt. Maybe you can pay NDSU to come out for a body bag game but they'd beat you again

Lol yes burn. Thatta baby Rev.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 5th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Yes.

Next year's team will be even better.

MHDBisonfan
January 5th, 2013, 09:37 PM
They definitely CAN win it again next year, but WILL they is another story. You have to be both good and lucky to win titles - no critical injuries at the wrong time, no "bad bounces" game at the wrong time, no running up against an opponent who has a career game at the wrong time, etc. The Bison will bring back tons of talent - all but 1 O-lineman, the entire backfield, key players on D, kicker/punter, and many others so they should be the favorite, but who knows if they can make it back? Brock Jensen scores the winning TD in the semi's on 4th and goal vs GSU - what if instead he somehow slipped on the turf going through the line? Bison would have been watching this week on TV. So yes, they can win it because they'll have the talent - will they have the luck?

Gothmog
January 5th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Certainly they can repeat. They get a number of starters back from injury, and lose almost nothing. Barring injury, they will be better next year.

Mr. C
January 5th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Winning three in a row has been done once in 35 years. It will be a difficult task for the Bison, even more so than this season was difficult to repeat. One thing in particular needs improvement. I know the offense played well in the second half today, but for much of the season that was one of the worst championship-teams offenses in FCS history.

deez_na
January 5th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Winning three in a row has been done once in 35 years. It will be a difficult task for the Bison, even more so than this season was difficult to repeat. One thing in particular needs improvement. I know the offense played well in the second half today, but for much of the season that was one of the worst championship-teams offenses in FCS history.

Good thing defense wins championships :)

Southern Bison
January 5th, 2013, 11:14 PM
18 returning starters, Coach Bohl locked until 2021, Asst. Coaches guaranteed top 10% pay, humility in the locker room = App State's 3-peat being a distant memory after the Bison 3-peat next year!!

HandoEX
January 5th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Top 25 in offensive ppg, time of possession, redzone scoring, turnovers allowed. The ball control offense isn't dynamic, but the offense does what it is designed to do...and hey, it works.

BisonHype!
January 6th, 2013, 06:43 AM

App State also had a 3-peat douche. These are the fans that the rest of us don't claim....

BisonHype!
January 6th, 2013, 06:49 AM
The Bison have a good opprotunity to 3-peat, and have the players returning to do it. It has been said earlier in this thread as well, it takes some luck, and staying away from injuries sometimes as well. Luckily we overcame a couple big ones this year. It just takes one of those Youngstown State or Indiana State losses to come in the playoffs though to stop the run. As long as the Bison don't have an offensive stinker in the playoffs, the defense will be there to give them a chance.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Top 25 in offensive ppg, time of possession, redzone scoring, turnovers allowed. The ball control offense isn't dynamic, but the offense does what it is designed to do...and hey, it works.

This here 100%

Ya, it gets tired of reading crap about our offense and it's so called ineffectiveness.....

NDSU doesn't run a spread or version of it to throw it 30-40 times/game. Ground and pound.....I'll take that any day!!!

GO BISON

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 6th, 2013, 07:36 AM
The law of averages say no. However, NDSU is so hard to beat at home that it's at least reasonable to think they can.

TennBison
January 6th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Try the SECOND ROUND. ASU has lost in the second round in the past three years after going NC, NC, NC, QF and SF the previous five years.

Technically true, how about this, your first playoff game for each of the last two years. Anything older than that and most players on a team have turned over and the team is drastically different. Either way, your team is stuck in reverse right now.

TennBison
January 6th, 2013, 07:54 AM
App State also had a 3-peat douche. These are the fans that the rest of us don't claim....

Yep, and the word had is the key word, App St team is nothing right now compared to the teams that won those three in a row. 8-6 years ago does not mean squat today, none of the players are around, the coach has been fired. Their team has been declining in the playoffs. So since their 3 Nattys they have been going down hill douche.

semobison
January 6th, 2013, 10:18 AM
The law of averages say no. However, NDSU is so hard to beat at home that it's at least reasonable to think they can.

I find it interesting that we are 28-2 the last two seasons and both losses were in the Fargodome! Yes home field is an advantage in the playoffs but our last road loss was at eventual Nat Champ EWU in OT in the quarters 2 years ago. A game we could have (most Bison fans will say should have) won. On paper next year we should be even better, but football games are not won on paper!

SpeedkingATL
January 6th, 2013, 04:15 PM
No reason to think they can't 3peat. Looks like most of the defense returns next year. I would love to see App get it together next year and make a good run at the Championship. Would like nothing better than to see App playing them in the final next year trying to prevent them matching their 05-07 3peat.

stevdock
January 6th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Can we repeat?? Yes. We will arguably have more talent on the field next year (return of injured players) and those players have played a heck of alot of football their first 3 years. Will we?? Who knows. This route to a championship was much tougher than last year. Many MVFC games that were in doubt deep into the 4th quarter. First playoff game - Rivalry game (enough said). Second - one of the most physical teams I have witnessed us play against (Wofford). Third game - In my opinion the best game to have ever been played in the FargoDome. And then yesterday even though the score didn't show it, SHSU was much improved and gave us everything we could handle until a couple key plays broke our way. We got everyone's best shot this year. Tougher schedule next year will make it tough to get homefield throughout, but it will be exciting to cheer them on next season.

344Johnson
January 6th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Can we repeat?? Yes. We will arguably have more talent on the field next year (return of injured players) and those players have played a heck of alot of football their first 3 years. Will we?? Who knows. This route to a championship was much tougher than last year. Many MVFC games that were in doubt deep into the 4th quarter. First playoff game - Rivalry game (enough said). Second - one of the most physical teams I have witnessed us play against (Wofford). Third game - In my opinion the best game to have ever been played in the FargoDome. And then yesterday even though the score didn't show it, SHSU was much improved and gave us everything we could handle until a couple key plays broke our way. We got everyone's best shot this year. Tougher schedule next year will make it tough to get homefield throughout, but it will be exciting to cheer them on next season.

This. Bigtime schedule next season.

Mr. C
January 6th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Technically true, how about this, your first playoff game for each of the last two years. Anything older than that and most players on a team have turned over and the team is drastically different. Either way, your team is stuck in reverse right now.

First off, Bucko, Appalachian State isn't my team. My diploma has Fresno State on it. Just because I have a home in Boone doesn't make me an ASU homer anymore than the fact I have one in Philly makes me a Villanova, or Penn fan. You said first round and I corrected you. As a newby around here show a little humility when some corrects your mistakes instead of being a homer.

chattownmocs
January 6th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Yep. Now that App State got rid of the man who built their program and replaced him with a coordinator off his staff they are destined to return to greatness. Watch out NDSU. They have Six recruits and all of them have at least 1 uncommitable FBS offer. Championship!!!

Southern Bison
January 6th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Yep. Now that App State got rid of the man who built their program and replaced him with a coordinator off his staff they are detained to return to greatness. Watch out NDSU. They have Six recruits and all of them have at least 1 uncomfortable FBS offer. Championship!!!

First off, are you an App fan, Moc fan, or just a SoCon homer? I personally look forward to seeing an App/NDSU matchup either as an OOC game or in the playoffs. The Bison are only losing 7 seniors (4 starters) and the chemistry of the team is only getting stronger.

bjtheflamesfan
January 6th, 2013, 10:49 PM
As I said before...can they? certainly...the question is will they...and there is a lot that can happen between now and next January...all we got to think about now is signing day and then spring ball

HannahO
January 6th, 2013, 11:11 PM
It's possible, maybe even likely ... perhaps dependent on the players' summer employment opportunities (too snarky?)

UNHFan
January 6th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Hell yes! I see nothing to see why they won't!!

Twentysix
January 6th, 2013, 11:18 PM
First off, are you an App fan, Moc fan, or just a SoCon homer? I personally look forward to seeing an App/NDSU matchup either as an OOC game or in the playoffs. The Bison are only losing 7 seniors (4 starters) and the chemistry of the team is only getting stronger.

I believe his post is dripping with sarcasm.

UNHFan
January 6th, 2013, 11:19 PM
:

swaghook
January 6th, 2013, 11:39 PM
The pieces will most likely be in place for a good chance of making it back to the natty. Can/will the Bison be able to 3-peat well that is just something we will have to wait and see. I'm still going to hedge my bets and get my tickets to the natty early just in case. xcoolx

Darlinikki150
January 7th, 2013, 10:22 AM
In North Dakota we say hoser, not homer. Homer is what Joe Mauer hits during baseball season. But your cute sweetie.

We can certainly 3 peat, who's gonna stop us? Little arrogant I know, but hey isn't that why ya'll love the Bison fan base? Lol

Kisses

Sammy94
January 7th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I'm already planning on buying my nc tickets the moment they go on sale

Me too. Sam losses a lot on D, so not sure about our chances but having beer with the Bison nation is a blast. NDSU no doubt will be there as long as Bohl doesn't leave. Hopefully my boys will be there once again, being the Buffalo Bills of the FCS is fine with me. Ask any 2012 Bill fan if they would go back to the 90's. Maybe the 3rd time is the charm. Good news about this last game, I think Fritz stays.

ysubigred
January 7th, 2013, 11:22 AM

I thought Williams was graduating??

Since Bohl received an 8 year extension I predicted that NDSU will get 10 NC's in a row xsalutex

swaghook
January 7th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I thought Williams was graduating??

Nope, Andre Martin who transferred from UNI is done he had 1 year of eligibility and is currently a grad student at NDSU. Still a good CB we will need to replace.

ysubigred
January 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Nope, Andre Martin who transferred from UNI is done he had 1 year of eligibility and is currently a grad student at NDSU. Still a good CB we will need to replace.

Good for you bad for us LOL!!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 7th, 2013, 11:47 AM

Good, not great. I think there were far too many opportunities on his side leaving teams available to ignore Williams' side completely.

That's always going to be the case when you have a 1st team All American on one side but while he won't be easy to replace, it will be worlds different after next year.

seantaylor
January 7th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Monken has quite a class coming in. Offensively, GSU will be dominant. Couple of holes to fill on special teams and defense, but McKinnon and Swope will be as deadly a duo as we have ever had.

swaghook
January 7th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Good, not great.

Hard to match M.Will on the other side. I just think about the lean years when the Bison were hurting for CBs and feel like Martin did well at filling in for a year.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Hard to match M.Will on the other side. I just think about the lean years when the Bison were hurting for CBs and feel like Martin did well at filling in for a year.

Come on, Bobby Babich is a talent that we will not soon forget.

Hammerhead
January 7th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I'm only half kidding when I say that our chances of a threepeat are very good if our players can stay out of legal trouble this offseason. :(

SpeedkingATL
January 7th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Monken has quite a class coming in. Offensively, GSU will be dominant. Couple of holes to fill on special teams and defense, but McKinnon and Swope will be as deadly a duo as we have ever had.

It would be fine with me if Swope would sit out the App game again in 2013, although his replacement did pretty well last time.

eaglewraith
January 7th, 2013, 05:05 PM
It would be fine with me if Swope would sit out the App game again in 2013, although his replacement did pretty well last time.

Banks did that with the flu I think. He was getting IV fluids in the second half. We were hurting at B-Back in that game. Flu had hit a couple of other guys too I think.

THE HERD
January 7th, 2013, 05:27 PM

I just hope we don't end up playing you guys in the playoffs again next year(assuming we both make it, which we should), that McKinnon is a player. Plus I hate watching the triple option, can't tell where the hell the ball is half the time. While it is very effective...I hate watching it. Hopefully we can pull a top seed again and introduce some new teams to the FargoDome Experience, but it won't be easy with our schedule next year.....start off with Kansas St. and Montana St.

citdog
January 7th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I just hope we don't end up playing you guys in the playoffs again next year(assuming we both make it, which we should), that McKinnon is a player. Plus I hate watching the triple option, can't tell where the hell the ball is half the time. While it is very effective...I hate watching it. Hopefully we can pull a top seed again and introduce some new teams to the FargoDome Experience, but it won't be easy with our schedule next year.....start off with Kansas St. and Montana St.

if you hate the to you're probably just not a football fan

try soccer

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 7th, 2013, 06:31 PM

I consider Montana State a cupcake game.....:D

swaghook
January 7th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I consider Montana State a cupcake game.....:D

A Big Fluffy frosted cupcake. :p

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 7th, 2013, 06:53 PM
A Big Fluffy frosted cupcake. :p

After the Bison beat them in '10, their coach said they had to get bigger and stronger on both lines. It will be interesting to see if they have done this.

Southern Bison
January 7th, 2013, 11:57 PM
After the Bison beat them in '10, their coach said they had to get bigger and stronger on both lines. It will be interesting to see if they have done this.

Based on their QF game, Richard Dawson just came back to life to say "Survey Says"...X

NDSU Fan
January 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM

I agree, that game was an absolute blast!

Herder
January 15th, 2013, 12:10 AM

You obviously have no clue about playing defensive football, none. Some of those 3 point leads that the bison protected in the 2nd half may as well been 3 touchdowns. A first down or two, then punting it inside the 20 was poetry to watch, and by design. Defense wins championships.

344Johnson
January 15th, 2013, 01:22 AM
You obviously have no clue about playing defensive football, none. Some of those 3 point leads that the bison protected in the 2nd half may as well been 3 touchdowns. A first down or two, then punting it inside the 20 was poetry to watch, and by design. Defense wins championships.

a 3 point lead is never comparable to a 21 point lead. One big play and NDSU could have lost a game or two.

Bisonoline
January 15th, 2013, 03:13 AM

I wouldnt call a 3 and out poetry nor is a 3 and out by design.. We need more offensive production. We cant rely on the D every game. Weve dodged a few bullets this year and its not going to be any easier next year.

Go Bison
January 15th, 2013, 11:06 AM

Well, the 2012 Bison offense scored 40 more points than the 2005 App State team. So the 2005 App State team should be put in that category as well don't you think? Oh and the 2012 NDSU championship team only gave up 173 points while that App State team gave up 282! That being said a championship team is still a championship team and to say NDSU had one of the worst championship offenses in FCS history is a cheapshot.

Professor Chaos
January 15th, 2013, 11:22 AM
The NDSU running game will be among the best in the country next year at the FCS level when you add the threat of Jensen on the ground to the two returning 1000 yard backs. However, the passing game left a lot to be desired the last 10 games of the season. That being said, the offense is designed for ball control and when you have a lead as often as NDSU did this year this isn't the type of offense that is designed to throw the ball more than 20-25 times in a game.

The offense was more than adequate to win a championship this year including a 26 ppg clip during the playoffs and it will be again next year. But the deficiencies in the passing game leaves the team vulnerable if the opponent can build a lead, there's no doubt about that.

Reign of Terrier
January 15th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Well, the 2012 Bison offense scored 40 more points than the 2005 App State team. So the 2005 App State team should be put in that category as well don't you think? Oh and the 2012 NDSU championship team only gave up 173 points while that App State team gave up 282! That being said a championship team is still a championship team and to say NDSU had one of the worst championship offenses in FCS history is a cheapshot.

It might have something to do with that App State team playing 2 FBS opponents, one of which was the SEC west champ, the other a bowl champion, As opposed to the fact that NDSU played 2-9 Colorado State.

Not to mention their OOC was lightyears tougher than NDSU's was, including a 9-2 CCU team and a 7-4 EKU team.

compare that to the FCS OOC of NDSU, which was Robert Morris and Prairie View A&M and yeah, I don't think much more needs to be said.

There's also the bit about the fact that defensive touchdowns etc, which I'm willing to bet NDSU had a lot of those this year.

Granted, this is a really trivial issue, and on the surface there seems to be merit to the argument, but upon further review, your claim doesn't necessarily stand to criticism. NDSU was dependent on their defense being dominant this year. Which it was. Most of the games I saw NDSU play were chess matches in that their offense really didn't do much more than the bear minimum to win.

TheRevSFA
January 15th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Final next year will be NDSU and EWU

NoDak 4 Ever
January 15th, 2013, 12:35 PM
It might have something to do with that App State team playing 2 FBS opponents, one of which was the SEC west champ, the other a bowl champion, As opposed to the fact that NDSU played 2-9 Colorado State.

Not to mention their OOC was lightyears tougher than NDSU's was, including a 9-2 CCU team and a 7-4 EKU team.

compare that to the FCS OOC of NDSU, which was Robert Morris and Prairie View A&M and yeah, I don't think much more needs to be said.

There's also the bit about the fact that defensive touchdowns etc, which I'm willing to bet NDSU had a lot of those this year.

Granted, this is a really trivial issue, and on the surface there seems to be merit to the argument, but upon further review, your claim doesn't necessarily stand to criticism. NDSU was dependent on their defense being dominant this year. Which it was. Most of the games I saw NDSU play were chess matches in that their offense really didn't do much more than win.

FIFY

Go Bison
January 15th, 2013, 01:07 PM

Granted, this is a really trivial issue, and on the surface there seems to be merit to the argument, but upon further review, your claim doesn't necessarily stand to criticism. NDSU was dependent on their defense being dominant this year. Which it was. Most of the games I saw NDSU play were chess matches in that their offense really didn't do much more than the bear minimum to win.

I didn't say that the 2012 NDSU's offense was better than 2005 App State but they should be in the same category. I think you would find that to be an accurate statement. Yes, App State played two FBS teams and better OOC games but when your defense only gives up 173 points in 15 games, your offense doesn't have to score a ton of points to win. Anyway, a championship is still a championship and it is a team game.

GlassOnion
January 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Unless NDSU picks up an Armanti Edwards in this years recruiting class, any comparison to 2005 App State is null and void.

citdog
January 15th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Unless NDSU picks up an Armanti Edwards in this years recruiting class, any comparison to 2005 App State is null and void.

he's probably available as his pro career has been a DISASTER.

GlassOnion
January 15th, 2013, 02:00 PM

Nothing like getting a million $ contract out of college though, is there? I doubt even an old knuckledragger like you even pulled that off. Too bad about your retirement fund too, who'd have thought the Confederate dollar would bottom out like that?

citdog
January 15th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Nothing like getting a million $ contract out of college though, is there? I doubt even an old knuckledragger like you even pulled that off. Too bad about your retirement fund too, who'd have thought the Confederate dollar would bottom out like that?

I'm a Charleston Jew....I won the lottery at my conception.

xnodx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0spaXm7Sbg&playnext=1&list=PLAE352F0E6297C632&feature=results_video

NoDak 4 Ever
January 15th, 2013, 02:37 PM

No worse than Adrian Peterson. At least he still has a job.

Panther88
January 15th, 2013, 05:07 PM
NDSU is nothing short of a powerhouse. Today is 01/15/2013; I sincerely expect the NDSU fballers to be lifting and honing their craft during their downtime while the others in FCSdom are blowing the bull doing nothing of substance to advance their craft/skill. IMHO, unless the 2 moons above the earth don't line up correctly, I'd expect NDSU to be the favored to win the FCS nat'l champ again this fall. :(

blueballs
January 15th, 2013, 06:15 PM

Armanti Edwards signed with App in February 2006 and played from 2006-2009. He was not part of the 2005 NC team.

blueballs
January 15th, 2013, 06:17 PM
No worse than Adrian Peterson. At least he still has a job.

Peterson played 8 years in the NFL. The average career of a running back in the NFL is 3 years.

blueballs
January 15th, 2013, 06:28 PM
NDSU is nothing short of a powerhouse. Today is 01/15/2013; I sincerely expect the NDSU fballers to be lifting and honing their craft during their downtime while the others in FCSdom are blowing the bull doing nothing of substance to advance their craft/skill. IMHO, unless the 2 moons above the earth don't line up correctly, I'd expect NDSU to be the favored to win the FCS nat'l champ again this fall. :(

After watching GSU and NDSU slug it out in their epic semi-final last month do you really think the GSU program is "blowing the bull doing nothing of substance to advance their craft/skill?"

swaghook
January 15th, 2013, 06:43 PM
After watching GSU and NDSU slug it out in their epic semi-final last month do you really think the GSU program is "blowing the bull doing nothing of substance to advance their craft/skill?"

I personally want to meet GSU in the natty with NDSU going for a 3-peat. That would be truly epic.

eaglewraith
January 15th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I personally want to meet GSU in the natty with NDSU going for a 3-peat. That would be truly epic.

This would make sense.

Therefore the playoff committee will make sure it doesn't happen.

GlassOnion
January 15th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Armanti Edwards signed with App in February 2006 and played from 2006-2009. He was not part of the 2005 NC team.

Wow, you completely missed something.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 15th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Peterson played 8 years in the NFL. The average career of a running back in the NFL is 3 years.

Yes, but the average running back gets more than 38 attempts per season

AmsterBison
January 15th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Can? Sure. Will? To be determined.

BTW, they showed highlights of past FCS championships games on the video boards during TV timeouts and such... lots of good GSU highlights featuring their AP.

seantaylor
January 16th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Yes, but the average running back gets more than 38 attempts per season

AP made the Pro Bowl for special teams.

Panther88
January 16th, 2013, 06:43 AM

I'm not sure. If u r in the know w/ respect to GSU, tell us. xconfusedx