PDA

View Full Version : FCS open date on schedule for 2013 season (9/21)?

BisonFan02
January 2nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Dom Izzo @DomIzzoWDAY
#NDSU AD Gene Taylor tells me "does not anticipate Western Carolina honoring contract" to come to Fargo next Sep.21st; looking for 11th gm

NDSU needs to stop scheduling SOCON teams I guess? I'll do some digging, but does anyone know of someone with an open date on the 21st?

Professor Chaos
January 2nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
The writing has been on the wall regarding this for some time. Once WCU scheduled their 3rd FBS team it seemed pretty apparent that they were planning on buying out their game against NDSU. The good news is it was reported some time ago that the buyout is $150K so NDSU will have plenty of money to get another one and done guarantee game.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams that still share open dates with NDSU and I'm sure they're well into the process of looking for their 11th, and perhaps even 12th, opponent for next year.

darell1976
January 2nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Dom Izzo @DomIzzoWDAY
#NDSU AD Gene Taylor tells me "does not anticipate Western Carolina honoring contract" to come to Fargo next Sep.21st; looking for 11th gm

NDSU needs to stop scheduling SOCON teams I guess? I'll do some digging, but does anyone know of someone with an open date on the 21st?

Your loveable neighbors 70 miles north of you!! UND has 11 games already but if they either go with 12 or if someone backs out of the back end of the home and home game (SDSU or UM) UND will be looking for another school to play.

BisonFan02
January 2nd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Your loveable neighbors 70 miles north of you!! UND has 11 games already but if they either go with 12 or if someone backs out of the back end of the home and home game (SDSU or UM) UND will be looking for another school to play.

Whioux? :D I have no idea, but whoever it is better be a DI opponent versus DII...otherwise, this next year could be rough with Kansas State and a tougher OOC Mont St. on the schedule.

heath
January 2nd, 2013, 05:16 PM
Try Albany,they seem to have a few openings and would be a nice matchup

darell1976
January 2nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Whioux? :D I have no idea, but whoever it is better be a DI opponent versus DII...otherwise, this next year could be rough with Kansas State and a tougher OOC Mont St. on the schedule.

You don't want to be the 2013 version of UNI. Do you know how much the buyout was with WCU? Too bad teams schedule these games then backout. UND has had it done twice (Idaho St, and Central Arkansas).

BisonFan02
January 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
You don't want to be the 2013 version of UNI. Do you know how much the buyout was with WCU? Too bad teams schedule these games then backout. UND has had it done twice (Idaho St, and Central Arkansas).

Not sure on the buyout, but according to Chaos above it was 150k....that would be a good start to find someone for a one-n-done.

darell1976
January 2nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Not sure on the buyout, but according to Chaos above it was 150k....that would be a good start to find someone for a one-n-done.

How much did NDSU pay Prairie View? I know money is nice but I would think a lot of teams would be shying away from the Fargodome especially seeing what NDSU does to teams there.

darell1976
January 2nd, 2013, 05:26 PM
Over/under on darrel posts on this. Ill set it at 30 +/- place your bets, its the only thing that makes you relevant

Welcome back Lakes...I missed you.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2013, 05:35 PM
Ndsu will be just fine, we don't need intra state help, we are doing just fine on our own. unless U mary calls.
I'm hearing a low level fcs team, but wouldnt be surprised at a lower level fbs school.

Lakes, have you told Ursus about your new username?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2013, 05:37 PM
Over/under on darrel posts on this. Ill set it at 30 +/- place your bets, its the only thing that makes you relevant

He's actually allowed to post in this thread. Are you? Wouldn't starting a fight with him get you banned again?

bjtheflamesfan
January 3rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Id suggest Liberty but we are playing @ Richmond that day (that and Im sure our AD would want a two game set at least)

LakesBizun
January 3rd, 2013, 10:33 AM

Over/under on when bisonation gets banned. I'll set it at February 15th; January 6th if the Bison lose Saturday.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Over/under on when bisonation gets banned. I'll set it at February 15th; January 6th if the Bison lose Saturday.

Well hopefully he can break one person away from his staff of 3 that's just copying stuff from Bisonville to assume posting in a non Lakes-y manner.

Southern Bison
January 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
There are quite a few FBS teams that have open dates on the 14th & 21st of Sept. There was a previous thread about this a couple of months ago but I can't seem to find it. I recall a couple of FL schools, Duke, Wake Forest, and a few in the Mid-Atlantic states also.