PDA

View Full Version : See what the Griz face Sept. 2nd.

Ronbo
August 23rd, 2006, 08:48 AM
Here's highlights of the Hawkeyes. I've read they have 16 starters back.

A huge challenge, if we can keep it within 3 TD's I'll be happy.

You'll need the lastest version of Quicktime and high speed internet would help. It takes a little time to load so be patient.

http://web.mac.com/burton_hogg/iWeb/Site/2005%20Iowa%20Football.html

GoGuins
August 23rd, 2006, 09:31 AM
Much like what YSU will face on 9/16 in Happy Valley

I will see Iowa in person on 10/21 when I see them at the Big House

Ronbo
August 23rd, 2006, 12:02 PM
I'm not even worried about Iowa running it up which they might do. They could be good enough to get consideration for a BCS Bowl this year and a close one with Montana could hurt their chances.

What I am worried about is coming out without serious injury to our good players. Let's both keep our fingers crossed GoGuins that our teams come out of these games 100% healthy.

PantherMan
August 23rd, 2006, 12:49 PM
I'm not even worried about Iowa running it up which they might do. They could be good enough to get consideration for a BCS Bowl this year and a close one with Montana could hurt their chances.

What I am worried about is coming out without serious injury to our good players. Let's both keep our fingers crossed GoGuins that our teams come out of these games 100% healthy.

With the exception of a couple big plays last year, UNI played Iowa pretty darn tough. Granted it was an in-state game for the Panthers and we had a lot of fans there... If Montana can get any sort of running game going, the Hawks are suspect against the pass; they also lost their two big studs at LB which should open up things a little bit. With that said, I still predict that this one is something in the range of:

Hawks 52
Griz 7

Hopefully your guys can get out of this one with no injuries, which UNI was able to do miraculously last season...

Ronbo
August 23rd, 2006, 01:05 PM
With the exception of a couple big plays last year, UNI played Iowa pretty darn tough. Granted it was an in-state game for the Panthers and we had a lot of fans there... If Montana can get any sort of running game going, the Hawks are suspect against the pass; they also lost their two big studs at LB which should open up things a little bit. With that said, I still predict that this one is something in the range of:

Hawks 52
Griz 7

Hopefully your guys can get out of this one with no injuries, which UNI was able to do miraculously last season...

That isn't the story we're getting from the Hawk fans. They said it was 38-7 in the third when the 1's and 2's came out. And you scored a couple 4th Qtr. scores against the #3's.

igo4uni
August 23rd, 2006, 03:03 PM
I would love to see Montana dump Iowa. :hurray:

MiloCat
August 23rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Looks like Iowa's stud DE is suspended for the game, along with a WR.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9616317/rss

PantherMan
August 23rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
That isn't the story we're getting from the Hawk fans. They said it was 38-7 in the third when the 1's and 2's came out. And you scored a couple 4th Qtr. scores against the #3's.

I won't go into extreme amounts of detail, but no, the 1's and 2's were not out in the third quarter on defense. The offense had started to rotate in more second stringers during the 4th though. A couple bounces of the ball go in the Panthers favor, and it would have been a game.