PDA

View Full Version : Your Stadium

HenZoneNation
December 29th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Found this site called Stadiumjourney.com Has some nice write up and reviews on Stadiums across the country. They factor in Atmosphere. neighborhood, fanbase, return on invetsment, and extras. Pretty cool stuff. I think they're a little slow on the FCS so your school might not be up there yet. Did see Delaware and Montana, each got a 3.9/5.

UAalum72
December 29th, 2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.stadiumjourney.com/

ASU_Fanatic
December 29th, 2012, 06:10 PM
they don't even have a kbs page

Twentysix
December 29th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Did see Delaware and Montana, each got a 3.9/5.

I don't understand where you are seeing overall raitings.

NDSU got a 5/5 for fans, atmopshere and ROI.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/fargodome-s1416

4.33/5 if you weight all categories equal.

Though I hardly see food or neighborhood as being equal to atmosphere.

Edit: I found it, NDSU was given a 4.0/5 as the fanfare score.

GoAgs72
December 29th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Aggie Stadium at UC Davis got a 3.4. Everything was rated 3 to 5 except extras which are limited for this new facility. Their review was fairly accurate.

344Johnson
December 30th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I think the Fargodome one was generous. The food in there is fine. I have never been wowed by it(never had it during a game, but plenty of other events in the dome). Can't imagine it being higher than a 3 or a 4.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 30th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Is this a new website? I literally stumbled acrossed it last night and spent about 3 hours reading various reviews. The Montana State football and Temple hoops review was well done. I can't believe they didn't take time to do either Lehigh or Lafayette football.

Twentysix
December 30th, 2012, 07:35 AM
I think the Fargodome one was generous. The food in there is fine. I have never been wowed by it(never had it during a game, but plenty of other events in the dome). Can't imagine it being higher than a 3 or a 4.

When you can get a taco... wait for it... in a freakin bag. I don't know what more you could expect lol. This guy wants a santoku in the fargodome ;). (I wouldn't mind a little pork cheek rock salt ramen while waiting for the game to start either)

darell1976
December 30th, 2012, 12:29 PM

My son loves the food. Especially the roasted almonds. I gotta go with the dippin dots. The future of ice cream.xthumbsupx

catbob
December 30th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Is this a new website? I literally stumbled acrossed it last night and spent about 3 hours reading various reviews. The Montana State football and Temple hoops review was well done. I can't believe they didn't take time to do either Lehigh or Lafayette football.

As far as I can tell, they ask a local person to do it. So if you had no volunteers, no write up.

Grizo406
December 30th, 2012, 02:02 PM
IMO, the most accurate, spot on sentence of the reviews I read was written by Jack Winter!

"There may not be a more idyllic setting in all of college sports than Wahington-Grizzly's.".

Thank you, Mr. Winter!!xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxthumbsupx

344Johnson
December 30th, 2012, 02:07 PM
When you can get a taco... wait for it... in a freakin bag. I don't know what more you could expect lol. This guy wants a santoku in the fargodome ;). (I wouldn't mind a little pork cheek rock salt ramen while waiting for the game to start either)

Like I said, nothing special.

My son loves the food. Especially the roasted almonds. I gotta go with the dippin dots. The future of ice cream.xthumbsupx

I like the almonds but they are so damn expensive! The Dippin' Dots sometimes help me sooth my throat from yelling too much in the first half.

UAalum72
December 30th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Georgetown Multi-Sport Field - 3.7
Youngstown Stambaugh Stadium - 3.0
xnutsx

Sader87
December 30th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Georgetown Multi-Sport Field - 3.7
Youngstown Stambaugh Stadium - 3.0
xnutsx

Grade inflation at GTown...

ngineer
December 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Grade inflation at GTown...

How does the MSF get rated at all and Fitton, Goodman and Fisher aren't even listed!????

UAalum72
December 30th, 2012, 06:26 PM
How does the MSF get rated at all and Fitton, Goodman and Fisher aren't even listed!????See above somewhere; they seem to rely on someone who's signed up with Stadium Journey to go out and submit a review, there're no decisions made about which stadium SHOULD get reviewed.

Twentysix
December 30th, 2012, 08:18 PM

Sometimes 6 year olds don't have the most developed palette. I.e. spaghettios.

344Johnson
December 30th, 2012, 08:49 PM

Bought spaghettios when I first started living off campus. Big mistake.

darell1976
December 30th, 2012, 10:19 PM

Actually it's my oldest son...he's 11. Every sports venue we go. Either the Fargodome, Alerus Center or Engelstad Arena he has to get those almonds, but Johnson is right they are spendy.

813Jag
December 31st, 2012, 08:53 AM
Mumford got a 2.7 although the the commentary was actually pretty good.

CFBfan
December 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
How does the MSF get rated at all and Fitton, Goodman and Fisher aren't even listed!????

temporary home bleachers and ugly splintered green wood visitor bleachers were weighted!!!

DFW HOYA
December 31st, 2012, 11:43 AM
temporary home bleachers and ugly splintered green wood visitor bleachers were weighted!!!

You underestimate the power of gravel.

Apphole
December 31st, 2012, 02:26 PM
No KBS, no credibility.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2012, 02:28 PM
No KBS, no credibility.

Have you or somebody in Boone get of your lazy asses and write one.

"Stadium Journey is a web venture with the goal to become a world-class community resource for sports fans, built around optimizing the experience of attending live sporting events. We provide tips and information through reviews of pro and college sports stadiums. We also rely on fans to provide tips and information about their favorite home stadium, or a first time impression. By sharing our knowledge, we can make every trip to the ballpark, stadium, or arena the very best it can be. Enjoy the journey!"

AppAlum2003
December 31st, 2012, 03:05 PM
Have you or somebody in Boone get of your lazy asses and write one.

"Stadium Journey is a web venture with the goal to become a world-class community resource for sports fans, built around optimizing the experience of attending live sporting events. We provide tips and information through reviews of pro and college sports stadiums. We also rely on fans to provide tips and information about their favorite home stadium, or a first time impression. By sharing our knowledge, we can make every trip to the ballpark, stadium, or arena the very best it can be. Enjoy the journey!"

The bolded sentence is filled with horrendous grammar.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2012, 03:09 PM
The bolded sentence is filled with horrendous grammar.

Before citdog drops some swastikas on your ***, I will say that the whole thing has an early bleacherreport vibe to it.