PDA

View Full Version : Who is your 2013 top 25? And go ahead and predict the title game and winner

Go Apps
December 28th, 2012, 05:00 PM
??

ASU_Fanatic
December 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM
1. App
2-25. Don't know enough about the rest of FCS

App wins it all

citdog
December 28th, 2012, 05:12 PM
NO!

fmrbearkat
December 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM
2 things before i add to this:

Citdog...you post on literally every effin thread ever made! Its incredible! Even if it is a simple no! Thread count is a huge deal to nicki...your in bareback with her! Love the pic at the bottom! Heritage not hate!

ASU_Fanatic...please tell me your making fun of Kanye West. Im not old but maybe to old to get it. Either way he is the biggest effing tool that has ever walked the face of this earth!!!

As to the thread...no matter who wins this week i would put NDSU at 1 and SHSU no higher than 3-5 range. We lose alot and are going to have to have alot of people step up next year to make any sort of deep playoff run at all!

ASU_Fanatic
December 28th, 2012, 08:02 PM
ASU_Fanatic...please tell me your making fun of Kanye West. Im not old but maybe to old to get it. Either way he is the biggest effing tool that has ever walked the face of this earth!!!

favorite musician of all time.

citdog
December 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM
2 things before i add to this:

Citdog...you post on literally every effin thread ever made! Its incredible! Even if it is a simple no! Thread count is a huge deal to nicki...your in bareback with her! Love the pic at the bottom! Heritage not hate!

As to the thread...no matter who wins this week i would put NDSU at 1 and SHSU no higher than 3-5 range. We lose alot and are going to have to have alot of people step up next year to make any sort of deep playoff run at all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNHsk57f24

Snowgoose
December 28th, 2012, 11:04 PM
NDSU loses really only one starter and a few key backups and therefore should start the year at number one. Otherwise they get two of their best defensive players that have missed the playoffs so their defense should start the year being even better next year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2012, 11:38 AM
NDSU loses really only one starter and a few key backups and therefore should start the year at number one. Otherwise they get two of their best defensive players that have missed the playoffs so their defense should start the year being even better next year.

Going for a three-peat!!!!!

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM

Not my all-time favorite as I usually go for the indie rock/pop stuff but admittedly I've been listening to Graduation on repeat for the past week or so.

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Sam returns a lot but will have to replace a lot of the back seven on defense. I think they have a solid shot to win the SLC but it is difficult to predict past that. They're going to need some guys to step up.

blueballs
December 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM
It is going to be hard to come up with any kind of ranking until we know if App and GSU will be FCS next year. If they are both are top 10 for sure and probably top 5.

Seawolf97
December 29th, 2012, 11:56 AM
StonyBrook graduates 22 this year. Thats a ton of talent including Maysonet, Norrel, Gush and Essington. Hopefully with new recruits, redshirts and guys stepping up we find talent to fill those shoes.

katstrapper
December 29th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Kats graduate 25 and will have a solid recruiting class. But, Kats return Bell, Flanders and Sincere on offense for their last year. Defense will have to replace 4 of 5 defensive backs in secondary. Should start season top 10.

OL FU
December 29th, 2012, 01:14 PM
It is going to be hard to come up with any kind of ranking until we know if App and GSU will be FCS next year. If they are both are top 10 for sure and probably top 5.

Blue, ask with sincerity. Is it even logistically possible to move in 2013 considering scheduling, etc.?

Mattymc727
December 29th, 2012, 01:41 PM
UNH graduates 3 starters on offense and 4 starters on defense. Everyone knows UNH's deal during the last decade anyway, Just reload and try again. One of these years they will hopefully find the perfect combination. They will be top 25 again for sure. Championship contender? Depends on progression, my guess is no. But there is a lot of young talent on the team.

kalm
December 29th, 2012, 02:21 PM
We're a little shallow at LB but have 2 starters returning and a third who should have started this season if not for injury, but we're gonna need to build some depth behind. We lose Herd and Edwards at WR but assuming Kaufmann returns, we still have quite a bit of talent and some experience behind him including Clark, Mitchell, and Hill. We lose a player or two on both lines but have created quite a bit of depth there.

So we have quite a bit returning and perhaps as much talent and depth as the previous three years but I'm afraid playing at Oregon State, Toledo, and SHSU is going to see us quickly fall from a top 10 ranking.

We'll see.

EKU-n-GSU
December 29th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Our offense will be loaded, talented, experienced - should be a big year for them. Lost some serious depth on the DL and at safety. I think there are options on the team right now to fill in at both safety positions, but I need to see more drive from the 2nd team D-liners, and I'm not sure we've picked up any significant recruits to fill those holes.

I think we're going to start 2013 where we finished 2012 - ranked 3rd.

blueballs
December 29th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Blue, ask with sincerity. Is it even logistically possible to move in 2013 considering scheduling, etc.?

From a scheduling standpoint they'd play the same schedule but if they are in the transition period it is two years with no bowl or playoffs. There is a date that is the cutoff for being eligible for the FCS playoffs but I can't remember what it is.

As for GSU, EKU n GSU is correct. GSU loses some really stout defensive players- Russell, DuBose, Wilcox, Eubanks, etc. but returns practically the entire offensive two deep sans Robinson and DiBartola. Then there is the kicking game... LOL

GSU plays @App, @Wofford, @Samford, and @ Florida. Chatty (who should be very good in 2013) comes to the 'Boro. None of those are guaranteed wins by any stretch. As usual GSU will be tough at home. They should be dynamic offensively, among the very best in the division. I see 9-2/8-3 and a seed if they stay reasonably healthy and they will be tough to deal with come playoff time again assuming they are playoff eligible. They should be top 5 for sure going into 2013 and a serious title contender both in the conference and nationally.

fmrbearkat
December 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM

I'm not saying his music is bad...don't listen to that type stuff though and I have not heard graduation but my wife likes it! He is just the biggest whiny little punk bitch out there!

citdog
December 29th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I'm not saying his music is bad...don't listen to that type stuff though and I have not heard graduation but my wife likes it! He is just the biggest whiny little punk bitch out there!

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Cool+Story+Bro..+Tell+it+again_02af96_3941286.jpg

GlassOnion
December 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM
App is probably in a similar position as GS. Epic offense, but lose Kimbrough, Grier, McCray and Sanders. Luckily we have alot of injured guys coming back healthy, and have a huge number of guys with alot of time under their belts. Doesnt hurt to get some new blood calling plays for the D either. App has had far too much talent on D the past few years to have given up the yardage they have.

seantaylor
December 30th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Our offense will be loaded, talented, experienced - should be a big year for them. Lost some serious depth on the DL and at safety. I think there are options on the team right now to fill in at both safety positions, but I need to see more drive from the 2nd team D-liners, and I'm not sure we've picked up any significant recruits to fill those holes.

I think we're going to start 2013 where we finished 2012 - ranked 3rd.

I'm not worried about the DL. We have a ton of depth there, and really, 66 underachieved this season.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 30th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Lehigh and Colgate should both be in the preseason poll.

Lehigh- returns a lot of key components on offense. The OL and skill guys, minus the QB, will be very experienced. The defense will be good again IF a DL, with size, can be put together. I'm a bit worried they could get pushed around by big, physical teams. This will likely be their smallest front seven since '06/'07.

Colgate - The return of McCarney will be huge and Biddle almost always has them in the hunt. The losses in both trenches is the major concern imo.

Fordham is a team to keep an eye on. They were 6-5 this year and will have 3 scholarship classes to lean on. They do suffer heavy losses to graduation IIRC.

word
December 30th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Lehigh and Colgate should both be in the preseason poll.

Lehigh- returns a lot of key components on offense. The OL and skill guys, minus the QB, will be very experienced. The defense will be good again IF a DL, with size, can be put together. I'm a bit worried they could get pushed around by big, physical teams. This will likely be their smallest front seven since '06/'07.

Colgate - The return of McCarney will be huge and Biddle almost always has them in the hunt. The losses in both trenches is the major concern imo.

Fordham is a team to keep an eye on. They were 6-5 this year and will have 3 scholarship classes to lean on. They do suffer heavy losses to graduation IIRC.

I've enjoyed how Lehigh has played the last few years, but if they played Sam Houston, they would lose by 40.

word
December 30th, 2012, 04:33 AM
I'm not worried about the DL. We have a ton of depth there, and really, 66 underachieved this season.

He did do that, but he also got his cheap shots in.......

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 30th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I've enjoyed how Lehigh has played the last few years, but if they played Sam Houston, they would lose by 40.

40 points is a bit much.

IMO, Lehigh and Montana State were very even teams this year. I would say SHSU would have beaten Lehigh by 17-24 points this season.

In 2011? With Lum to Spadola in full force?? it's a war....

word
December 30th, 2012, 07:12 AM
40 points is a bit much.

IMO, Lehigh and Montana State were very even teams this year. I would say SHSU would have beaten Lehigh by 17-24 points this season.

In 2011? With Lum to Spadola in full force?? it's a war....

That was last year, I would agree. You were a much better team last year.

word
December 30th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I think your line play was much better last year as well. Lum and Spadola was probably one of the best connections in the FCS last year. Lowered line play this year and that connection gone is the only reason I say that.

If I say "no offense" i can't say whatever i want right?

busybee14
December 30th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Look for a more explosive Wagner squad in 2013.Defense will again be stout.Qb and Wr changes coming,but not in a bad way. I think the Seahawks will be much better thru the air in the post Doscher era.Still will bring gritty play to the position.Run game remains on point. Should be a post season player again.

chattownmocs
December 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Chattanooga will have one of the best defenses in the nation next year. Arguably the best in the socon at every level defensively. Offensively there is no reason they shouldn't be much improved with Huesman as the starter at QB and Robinson full time at WR. Hopefully we found our RB at the end of the season. It will come down to improvement on the oline will decide the mocs championship fortune.

blueballs
December 30th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Chattanooga will have one of the best defenses in the nation next year. Arguably the best in the socon at every level defensively. Offensively there is no reason they shouldn't be much improved with Huesman as the starter at QB and Robinson full time at WR. Hopefully we found our RB at the end of the season. It will come down to improvement on the oline will decide the mocs championship fortune.

I agree with all of that... Chatty should be awfully tough in 2013.

Walkon79
December 31st, 2012, 03:35 PM
the Cats lose 5 defensive starters and 2 on offense, but I like our returning guys. DeNarius should have a great senior campaign with virtually everybody back on O.

If the Cats can find answers on the defensive front 7 to replace Schrebeis, Minter and Owens, We should be a strong contender for our 4th straight BSC championship. I would guess a top 10 pre-season ranking.

I would also guess that the Big Sky will have at least 4 in the top 25 to start the season.

Unbison
December 31st, 2012, 03:50 PM
the Cats lose 5 defensive starters and 2 on offense, but I like our returning guys. DeNarius should have a great senior campaign with virtually everybody back on O.

If the Cats can find answers on the defensive front 7 to replace Schrebeis, Minter and Owens, We should be a strong contender for our 4th straight BSC championship. I would guess a top 10 pre-season ranking.

I would also guess that the Big Sky will have at least 4 in the top 25 to start the season.
NDSU will have the best defense in the country again next year!

Saint3333
December 31st, 2012, 03:51 PM

That post is a 4 on the Chattown unreasonableness scale, which is very acceptable 9 months before the season. My only question is what did you do to the real Chattown?

Apphole
December 31st, 2012, 03:53 PM

App and GaSo's FBS move will decide the Moc's championship fortune.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 31st, 2012, 03:59 PM

I think Singleton will step up in Owens' shoes, not sure for the line. We also have to replace Fuller at safety. I agree, we should be very strong, hopefully Cody stays healthy next year.

I don't think he said anything about having anywhere near the best defense in the country next year, nor do I think it's to be disputed that NDSU will be the top defense, I guess I'm just confused as to why you're quoting his message there, maybe because we play you?

citdog
December 31st, 2012, 04:30 PM

the road to that, like all the best ones, goes through Charleston.

chattownmocs
December 31st, 2012, 04:53 PM

I doubt there is any scenario in which either school is in FBS next year.

frozennorth
December 31st, 2012, 05:11 PM

until its set where schools like houston tulane and ecu are going to be next year, nothing will be happening in the east as far as fcs realignment goes.

Walkon79
December 31st, 2012, 05:32 PM

No argument here! Looking forward to the pre-season showdown in Fargo next September.

Twentysix
December 31st, 2012, 06:59 PM
I think Singleton will step up in Owens' shoes, not sure for the line. We also have to replace Fuller at safety. I agree, we should be very strong, hopefully Cody stays healthy next year.

I don't think he said anything about having anywhere near the best defense in the country next year, nor do I think it's to be disputed that NDSU will be the top defense, I guess I'm just confused as to why you're quoting his message there, maybe because we play you?

I'm thinking the poster is saying MSU might be getting an L that day.

seantaylor
January 1st, 2013, 02:36 AM

The road to 6th place goes through Charleston.

frozennorth
January 1st, 2013, 02:53 AM
NDSU racks up an undefeated season, beats gsu in the title game.

Apphole
January 1st, 2013, 10:56 AM

Therefore, you will not win a championship.

hlebichuk
January 2nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
NDSU racks up an undefeated season, beats gsu in the title game.

NDSU will be better next year, if that's possible.

TheRevSFA
January 2nd, 2013, 12:14 PM
I would watch Central Arkansas. I think they'll break out and make a deep run in the playoffs? NC game...probably not..winning the SLC again? Probably.

alvinkayak6
January 4th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Eastern Washington (Big Sky), Georgia Southern (SOCON), Sam Houston State (Southland), Towson (CAA) on the short list of favorites here.
Montana State (Big Sky) and Appalachian State (SOCON) on the less short list of favorites.
NDSU is the favorite favorite.

dudeitsaid
January 5th, 2013, 11:18 PM
I'm afraid playing at Oregon State, Toledo, and SHSU is going to see us quickly fall from a top 10 ranking.

I agree that Oregon State is going to be a loss. Highly likely we lose to Toledo as well, but a slim chance of upset there. I think this time, we play Vernon Adams the whole game, and SHSU loses their next two games against the Eagles. Big Sky, as usual will be tough, and few gimme's on the schedule there. Will be a tough season, but I think the Eagles have the talent to get back to the playoffs again next year, and from there, who knows. I'm really excited to see what Shaquille Hill can do his second year there as well. Seems like he could really turn into a special part of the team!

uofmman1122
January 6th, 2013, 06:54 AM
I have no idea who has what coming back. Totally out of my arse:

1. NDSU
2. - 25. Everyone else

If Montana can get either of the FBS transfer QBs that have been tossed around, we might actually make some noise.

Unless our coaching gets in the way. :(

slostang
January 6th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Next year Cal Poly returns 18 starters off a 9-3 team. I am really looking forward to 2013.

AppChicago
January 7th, 2013, 09:39 AM

So the best road is 17?

citdog
January 7th, 2013, 10:30 AM
So the best road is 17?

correct.

also 26

AppChicago
January 7th, 2013, 10:36 AM
correct.

also 26

I'd say that particular road ends in Charleston. Like the Citadel's season.

OldKat95
January 7th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I agree that Oregon State is going to be a loss. Highly likely we lose to Toledo as well, but a slim chance of upset there. I think this time, we play Vernon Adams the whole game, and SHSU loses their next two games against the Eagles. Big Sky, as usual will be tough, and few gimme's on the schedule there. Will be a tough season, but I think the Eagles have the talent to get back to the playoffs again next year, and from there, who knows. I'm really excited to see what Shaquille Hill can do his second year there as well. Seems like he could really turn into a special part of the team!

I am really excited about this game next year, and hope that y'all have those stadium improvements finished when we come up there in 2014. Glad to have this game scheduled.

citdog
January 7th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I'd say that particular road ends in Charleston. Like the Citadel's season.

i don't care how big of a WOODY y'all got........you can't stop us and you know it.

http://www.postandcourier.com/storyimage/CP/20120916/PC20/120919327/AR/0/AR-120919327.jpg&q=100&maxh=300

smallcollegefbfan
January 7th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Going for a three-peat!!!!!

I always doubted a 3-peat would happen again after App did it but NDSU has a great shot to do it. I think they play either App State, EWU, Villanova, or GSU if they all stay healthy.

The big key now for NDSU is will they get a big head and lose the fire or will they maintain that fire and will to win. If they do they will certainly make another deep run and have a shot to 3-peat.

swaghook
January 7th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I would hope that one of the team's goals for next year includes one of the hardest feats in sports - an undefeated season. That would definitely keep them focused but the first hurdle might be the highest to clear.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 7th, 2013, 06:29 PM
I always doubted a 3-peat would happen again after App did it but NDSU has a great shot to do it. I think they play either App State, EWU, Villanova, or GSU if they all stay healthy.

The big key now for NDSU is will they get a big head and lose the fire or will they maintain that fire and will to win. If they do they will certainly make another deep run and have a shot to 3-peat.

Losing only 4 starters will definitely help their NC chances next year.

BEAR
January 7th, 2013, 07:08 PM
If NDSU only loses as few players as what is being posted here..then I can see it. But I also have to factor in the "intangibles" that happen to teams who try to keep streaks alive. Look at Sammie. Their schedule this year was BRUTAL. Mostly road games. A schedule I wouldn't expect many teams to come out undefeated in. Those "intangibles" like injuries, transfers, team problems, bad coaching decisions (which obviously haven't happened yet so I'm not counting on that one too heavily), a kicking game having a bad year, are just a few that could happen to ANY team. But aside from the human factors, NDSU should be up there as favorites again.

BisonPride
January 7th, 2013, 09:17 PM
NDSU only loses 2 starters that played the whole year and 5 total from the 2 deep chart. 2 of those 5 were not on the 2 deep chart to start the year but ended up there because of injury.

Garett Bruhn the TE was hurt at Colorado State week 2 with a knee injury was feared out for the year but returned mid October only to suffer a high ankle sprain before halftime of his first game back and was out another month. Depth already developed to replace him since he hardly played all year except for the playoffs.

Joe Lund the starting center departs as a multi year starter. Only position that doesn't have alot of experience to step in. But we lost 2 offensive lineman after last year and filled those spots with talented freshman and sophomores this year. Only concern here is the fact it is the center and not a different lineman spot.

Bobby Ollmann starting Strong Safety. Became the starter after Bryan Shepard suffered a spleen injury week 5. Shepard became the starter after Colton "the Eagle" Heagle tore his ACL non contact at Colorado State. Most Bison fans would agree he is arguably our best defensive player (ask GSU) and we didn't have him nearly all year.

Andre Martin starting Corner. Decent depth at corner but probably the biggest questionmark into next year largely because of just how deep every other position is with talent.

Ricky Hagen back up defensive tackle. Moved into the 2 deep after arguably our best defensive lineman Levon Perry tore his ACL after a cheap shot cut blocked on the side of his knee 5 yards behind the play after the play was over by SDSU. (Video available to confirm my cheap shot statement) Did an excellent job providing depth so our defense did not skip a beat after Perry's injury.

While often times the returning starters is the key number looked at, I think what sets this Bison team apart is just how much depth they have coming back at every position. On defense they return 20 on the 2 deep chart from the start of the season and on offense they return 20. So in all they return 40 of their top 43 players from the beginning of the 2012 season plus kicker, punter, and long snapper.

slostang
January 7th, 2013, 11:43 PM
I am really excited about this game next year, and hope that y'all have those stadium improvements finished when we come up there in 2014. Glad to have this game scheduled.

Does SHSU video stream their home games? That is a game I would pay to watch.

slostang
January 7th, 2013, 11:46 PM

Cal Poly returns 18 starters off a 9-3 team. If they stay healthy I think they can make a deep run.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Cal Poly returns 18 starters off a 9-3 team. If they stay healthy I think they can make a deep run.

Poly should/will be the favorite imo without knowing the schedules. EWU would be my pick for second.

Montana State will be in the mix again next year as well. However, there's no way they duplicate another 10 win season. Their OOC schedule is much, much tougher and I have to figure their league slate will be as well. There's no doubt they caught a bit of a break this year.

I think Montana and UC Davis will be vastly improved in 2013. UND should show more consistency as well.

I'm going to get to my first Brawl this year now that it's in Bozeman. I'd also like to get to one of MSU @ UND, App State @ Montana or MSU @ NDSU.

Southern Bison
January 8th, 2013, 09:00 PM
If NDSU only loses as few players as what is being posted here..then I can see it. But I also have to factor in the "intangibles" that happen to teams who try to keep streaks alive. Look at Sammie. Their schedule this year was BRUTAL. Mostly road games. A schedule I wouldn't expect many teams to come out undefeated in. Those "intangibles" like injuries, transfers, team problems, bad coaching decisions (which obviously haven't happened yet so I'm not counting on that one too heavily), a kicking game having a bad year, are just a few that could happen to ANY team. But aside from the human factors, NDSU should be up there as favorites again.

A key test for the Bison will be against Kansas State in the 2013 opener. K-State is returning 8 offensive starters (most skill players) and 3 defensive starters to the 2013 squad. This, and the Montana St. game will be a 1-2 punch to see how the Bison withstand their opponents. I think we have the opportunity to sweep the MVFC this year after having a tough OOC schedule (depending on how our record looks coming out of it).