PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Montana fans

Saint3333
December 27th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Trying to plan the trip for next year. Wife is giving me a hard time about things to do. We're hitting Jackson Hole and Yellowstone the week before and getting into Missoula Friday afternoon. Anything for the ladies to do in the area? No, MT dudes isn't an acceptable answer;).

Texas
December 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Bear rides.
http://theamazingwhitebread.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/bear-cavalry_fin_small.jpg

citdog
December 27th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Flashlight shopping with grizo

citdog
December 27th, 2012, 07:30 PM
ninny queer homo lunches

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 27th, 2012, 07:33 PM
ninny queer homo lunches

NOT SO FAST CIT...................those lunches are so gay you may even fit in..................................oh yeah.......I went there. BTW Grizo wants his astrogel Miley Cyrus doll back.

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I think all they do there starting Friday before a game is drink heavily!!!! Place is insane! Although the bear ride looks fun I would assume that comes after the heavy drinking starts!!

Bisonoline
December 27th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Bear rides.
http://theamazingwhitebread.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/bear-cavalry_fin_small.jpg

Im in for the bear rides!!!!!!!!!

Grizo406
December 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Flashlight shopping with grizo

Although I've bought some respectable flashlights in Western Montana, it ain't exactly the Mecca of Lumen!

Because of that, I now shop out of state!xshhhx

PS, the ladies love Red's Bar.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 27th, 2012, 09:47 PM
That is so gay................................

Saint3333
December 28th, 2012, 01:37 PM
So the answer is nothing. Thanks guys.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 28th, 2012, 03:19 PM

You didn't really give much guidance. There is food, walk around shopping, tons of microbrew places, etc. What is it she cottons to? Anything you can do in Boone you can do in Missoula just in a different part of the country. What hotel are you staying at? That gives an idea of what is within walking distance.

We're probably gonna have a good blowout party Friday night before the game and that information will be forthcoming in the next month or so.

You know everyone fancies themselves an amatuer comedian so trust me on this one Saint...when you post something for a legitimate answer you need to be patient and wait a couple of pages for everyone to get their hack jokes out before you can get any real info. that you are looking for. I can't tell you how many times I've went through what you are going through right now but I can assure you that it is every time.

citdog
December 28th, 2012, 04:02 PM
. I can't tell you how many times I've went through what you are going through right now but I can assure you that it is every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvQFtlNQ-M

NoCoDanny
December 29th, 2012, 01:56 AM
It's Montana, better off looking for moustache rides:

ursus arctos horribilis
December 29th, 2012, 02:03 AM

This man speaks from personal experience so I'd trust him on this one.

Saint3333
December 29th, 2012, 08:19 AM
She's looking for a nice restaurant maybe a spa if we stay until Monday.

Any of you guys familiar with Jackson Hole?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 29th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Grizo is.............

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ursus arctos horribilis
December 29th, 2012, 03:15 PM
She's looking for a nice restaurant maybe a spa if we stay until Monday.

Any of you guys familiar with Jackson Hole?

Got a buddy that just went there this weekend. I'll ask him for some info. on Monday and let ya know where he stayed and what the review was.

asujch
December 29th, 2012, 04:42 PM

AppAlum2003
December 29th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Two friends and I are considering making the drive. I'm planning on taking the week off of work and making it a road trip

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 29th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Any idea how the ticket situation is going work for this one? I'm definitely interested in heading back up to Missoula. I felt a little short changed after the Liberty game this year.

citdog
December 29th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Two friends and I are considering making the drive. I'm planning on taking the week off of work and making it a road trip

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/6t.mVnGQiXQkcrS5v1QRcQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQwMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/this-week-dvd-blu-ray/400-deliverance-jpg_221932.jpg

AppAlum2003
December 29th, 2012, 09:58 PM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/6t.mVnGQiXQkcrS5v1QRcQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQwMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/this-week-dvd-blu-ray/400-deliverance-jpg_221932.jpg

OK, I lied. I don't have two friends. :(

Grizo406
December 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
OK, I lied. I don't have two friends. :(

Welcome to my World...

AppAlum2003
December 29th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Welcome to my World...

So I have to order from the kids menu now?

Grizo406
December 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
So I have to order from the kids menu now?

I've been doin' it since September...chicken nuggets & corn dogs ain't that bad!

Saint3333
December 30th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Any idea how the ticket situation is going work for this one? I'm definitely interested in heading back up to Missoula. I felt a little short changed after the Liberty game this year.

Not sure how many App will get but they will probably only go to Yosef Club members as Montana isn't likely to send more than 1,000.

Saint3333
December 30th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Green26 your PM's are full.

PantherRob82
December 30th, 2012, 02:22 PM

My wife enjoys drinking beer and hiking. I don't get why you're having a hard time. xlolx

GreatAppSt
December 30th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Two friends and I are considering making the drive. I'm planning on taking the week off of work and making it a road trip Plan on 46 hrs minimum a ss time in the seat one way. Not to mention the gas $. Fly man fly!.xnodx

Saint3333
January 2nd, 2013, 08:14 PM
Bump

Booked two night in Yellowstone and two nights in Missoula for the game. Will be arriving Friday night, which Griz fan wants to drink with me on Saturday?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 2nd, 2013, 08:22 PM
Bump

Booked two night in Yellowstone and two nights in Missoula for the game. Will be arriving Friday night, which Griz fan wants to drink with me on Saturday?

Open invite to our tailgate for you and anyone else coming to the game. We are right outside the N. EZ so easy commute in and out of the game. I'll send ya the links but we'll be downtown on Friday night for a get together anyway I'm sure.

AshevilleApp2
January 3rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
Motel question here for the Grizz fans. I've tentatively booked at the Motel 6 nearest the university for that weekend. Is the place as convenient to downtown and tailgating as it seems? Any other places that you'd suggest as alternatives?

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 3rd, 2013, 08:20 AM
Motel question here for the Grizz fans. I've tentatively booked at the Motel 6 nearest the university for that weekend. Is the place as convenient to downtown and tailgating as it seems? Any other places that you'd suggest as alternatives?

I parked at the Comfort Inn on E. Broadway when I went to a game there. It was an easy walk across the river to all the tailgating and university/stadium. There was even tailgating at the hotel lot since they open it up to the GP. It was easy to get out of there after the game.

AshevilleApp2
January 3rd, 2013, 08:26 AM
I parked at the Comfort Inn on E. Broadway when I went to a game there. It was an easy walk across the river to all the tailgating and university/stadium. There was even tailgating at the hotel lot since they open it up to the GP. It was easy to get out of there after the game.

Thanks for the information! I think the motel I booked is on E. Broadway as well. I'm hoping that it's convenient to bars as well. xnodx

citdog
January 3rd, 2013, 11:48 AM

ANYWHERE BUT THE MOTEL 6.

CopperCat
January 3rd, 2013, 12:32 PM

Says the guy who's team is in the town that is home to the biggest stockyard in the world.......

ursus arctos horribilis
January 3rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the information! I think the motel I booked is on E. Broadway as well. I'm hoping that it's convenient to bars as well. xnodx

not as convenient to the downtown bars but the Press Box is very close to that. The downtown bars are only /-10 blocks away though so it's still pretty convenient.

The best place to stay is the Holiday Inn Parkside cuz it is almost dead center between the downtown area and the stadium. You walk out the front door and either turn right or left depending on you destination.

There is also a bus called the Mountain Line that would take right downtown from the 6 for $1 as well.

AshevilleApp2
January 3rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
not as convenient to the downtown bars but the Press Box is very close to that. The downtown bars are only /-10 blocks away though so it's still pretty convenient.

The best place to stay is the Holiday Inn Parkside cuz it is almost dead center between the downtown area and the stadium. You walk out the front door and either turn right or left depending on you destination.

There is also a bus called the Mountain Line that would take right downtown from the 6 for $1 as well.

Thanks Ursus!

AppAlum2003
January 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
So if I do try to make the drive with my *ahem* friends - what are some stops I've GOT to make along the way? Planning on stopping a few times to catch parts of this country I've never seen.

AshevilleApp2
January 3rd, 2013, 02:51 PM
So if I do try to make the drive with my *ahem* friends - what are some stops I've GOT to make along the way? Planning on stopping a few times to catch parts of this country I've never seen.

A lot depends on the time you have and what your interests are. Yellowstone, Tetons and Glacier National Parks are all well worth the time. Or you could head out up to St. Louis, Kansas City and Denver for some baseball and then work your way through Utah and Idaho to Missoula.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 3rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
AA2 nailed it down depending on route. if coming on I90 you gotta stop and check out Bozeman too. Cool town, cool campus, nice stadium, good looking women. Mountains in the area are a great backdrop to see as well. Those are Mountains though so once you get into the Bozeman area coming toward Missoula you'll know why you have hills, we have Mountains.

You will find it all very comfortable as far as the feel in Bozeman or Missoula cuz I was surprised at how similar Boone was to certain aspects of Butte, Bozeman, Helena, & Missoula.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
January 3rd, 2013, 04:17 PM

AA2 nailed it down depending on route. if coming on I90 you gotta stop and check out Bozeman too. Cool town, cool campus, nice stadium, good looking women. Mountains in the area are a great backdrop to see as well. Those are Mountains though so once you get into the Bozeman area coming toward Missoula you'll know why you have hills, we have Mountains.

You will find it all very comfortable as far as the feel in Bozeman or Missoula cuz I was surprised at how similar Boone was to certain aspects of Butte, Bozeman, Helena, & Missoula.

If stopping in Bozeman and it's nice, check out Hyalite Canyon. Great hiking up there, hopefully it'll be open at that time next year, I don't think it was this year.