Oct. 19, Villanova*, noon

Oct. 26, at Stony Brook*, TBA

Nov. 2, at William & Mary*, TBA

Nov. 9, James Madison*, noon

Nov. 16, at Albany*, TBA

Nov. 23, Maine*, noon

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 19th, 2012, 08:18 PM
That is a helluva 4 game stretch to start the year. Maybe Lehigh can get a little revenge from 2011.

Engineer86
December 20th, 2012, 05:29 AM
That is a helluva 4 game stretch to start the year. Maybe Lehigh can get a little revenge from 2011.

I don't think any UNH fan considers a stretch with Colgate and Lehigh back to back "a helluva 4 game stretch". Hopefully in a few years they might. Decent games yes, but not that scary.

WrenFGun
December 20th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I don't think any UNH fan considers a stretch with Colgate and Lehigh back to back "a helluva 4 game stretch". Hopefully in a few years they might. Decent games yes, but not that scary.

I think it's a pretty quality non-conference. UNH will be favored at home against Colgate, but I expect a good game. The Lehigh game is a toss-up.

What I will say about this schedule is that I think it should be a better test of UNH's skill-level against quality teams. They gave up 44, 40, 64 and 65 points to the four good teams they played last season. Much to my complaining otherwise, they were very much a paper tiger.

It'll be interesting to see how the defense looks, because they open with four straight teams that can score (FBS, Colgate, Lehigh and Towson) ... and they lose Jared Smith, Matt Evans, Alan Buzbee and Dontra Peters.

ccd494
December 20th, 2012, 09:01 AM

Correct. Games against the Patriot League are nice little breaks from the CAA schedule.

The back six is MUCH harder than the front four.

Vitojr130
December 20th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Correct. Games against the Patriot League are nice little breaks from the CAA schedule.

The back six is MUCH harder than the front four.

"Hey, Central Michigan is a great FBS squad," said no Bison fan ever.

2007 44-14 NDSU. Central Michigan proceeded to win the MAC after the loss.

But really, I agree that the back 6 is much harder than UNH's front 4.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM

Compared to most teams opening month it's a helluva schedule. There isn't one "gimmie" game in that lot. The OOC opponents combined with their conference slate has to make for one of toughest in all of FCS. They'll have their work cut out to keep their playoff streak alive. It will end eventually...