PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Preseason Top 25 - Give it to me!

Go Apps
December 18th, 2012, 07:33 AM
TIme for most of us to wonder about 2013

Smitty
December 18th, 2012, 07:35 AM
1. WCU
2-25. ?

I can dream can't I?

eaglewraith
December 18th, 2012, 08:05 AM
1. WCU
2-25. ?

I can dream can't I?

Well I've already spotted a problem. Even in your dream you know Chattanooga is #1.

skinny_uncle
December 18th, 2012, 08:18 AM
For most of us, it is now basketball season.

TheRevSFA
December 18th, 2012, 08:20 AM
1) Lehigh
2) Lehigh
3) Lehigh
4-25 - The rest of the PL...

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 08:29 AM
The rats have taken over the ship!

SpeedkingATL
December 18th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Just what is this "basketball" that you speak of??? I haven't seen it played in the Boone area, just in the flatlands of NC.

DFW HOYA
December 18th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Lots of schools with "State" in their name.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Just what is this "basketball" that you speak of??? I haven't seen it played in the Boone area, just in the flatlands of NC.

college basketball players in appalachian can't make it halfway to the hoop from the free throw line lol

PaladinFan
December 18th, 2012, 10:02 AM

Joking aside, the SoCon may be as bad as it has ever been in basketball this season. About the only notoriety the conference has garnered this season is the ASU player's free throw that went 4 feet.

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joking aside, the SoCon may be as bad as it has ever been in basketball this season. About the only notoriety the conference has garnered this season is the ASU player's free throw that went 4 feet.

If you follow the arch, it went about ten...

SpeedkingATL
December 18th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Very true. App is 2-7 and I still think they have a chance to represent the SoCon in the Big Dance......which is a very scarry thought!

gr8ness97
December 18th, 2012, 10:11 AM

Thats so sad.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 18th, 2012, 10:14 AM
App State and Ga Southern will not be eligible for playoffs and should not be included in the rankings.

TheRevSFA
December 18th, 2012, 10:16 AM
App State and Ga Southern will not be eligible for playoffs and should not be included in the rankings.

Oh did those invites finally come in the mail? I know that the USPS is slow this time of year, with all of those letters to Santa and such.

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 10:17 AM

BS.

App and GSU will be #1 and #2, will be ineligable and will discredit the whole playoff system next year.

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Oh did those invites finally come in the mail? I know that the USPS is slow this time of year, with all of those letters to Santa and such.

Would speed up things if those idiots in Texas could figure out how to attach a stamp. Hint, its like a sticker.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 10:19 AM
BS.

App and GSU will be #1 and #2, will be ineligable and will discredit the whole playoff system next year.

NDSU has something to say about that ranking

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 10:27 AM
NDSU has something to say about that ranking

Oops.

The answer is no.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Oops.

The answer is no.

Why don't you enlighten me with some reason as to why not?

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Why don't you enlighten me with some reason as to why not?

One word. Dome.

catbob
December 18th, 2012, 10:37 AM

Welcome to the Big Sky. Well now that I look at it, you guys are dead last in RPI (30th), and we are 27th. So take that!...

Gonna be a long off-season - Montana State looks poised to miss the conference tournament completely, instead of our annual loss in the first round of the tournament we have grown used to under Coach Huse.

Back to the original question, probably the usual. GSU, EWU, NDSU, SHSU, ODU (or are they gone next year, I can't remember) etc. MSU should be top 10 somewhere I imagine, we don't lose a lot offensively, but defensively we have some "reloading" to do. I'd put us somewhere in the 7-10 range.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 10:38 AM
One word. Dome.

So the DOME has what to do with NDSU being #1 or 2 next season?

eaglewraith
December 18th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the Big Sky. Well now that I look at it, you guys are dead last in RPI (30th), and we are 27th. So take that!...

Gonna be a long off-season - Montana State looks poised to miss the conference tournament completely, instead of our annual loss in the first round of the tournament we have grown used to under Coach Huse.

Back to the original question, probably the usual. GSU, EWU, NDSU, SHSU, ODU (or are they gone next year, I can't remember) etc. MSU should be top 10 somewhere I imagine, we don't lose a lot offensively, but defensively we have some "reloading" to do. I'd put us somewhere in the 7-10 range.

ODU will be starting their transition next year and will be considered FCS Transitional. They still qualify to be ranked in FCS, much like Ga State was still considered FCS this year. They just aren't eligible for the post season. Unfortunately, this means that Taylor Heinicke's postseason career is over.

asumike83
December 18th, 2012, 10:43 AM

We are currently the proud owner of the 3 worst teams in DI according to the RPI rankings: http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2013/rpi xsmhx

With as bad as the conference has been, there actually have been some nice OOC wins: Elon over South Carolina, Davidson over Vanderbilt, Davidson over West Virginia, Charleston over Baylor, Charleston over BC and Georgia Southern over Virginia Tech.

I just hope that ASU can get it together once conference play starts. We looked a lot better once we got our starting PG back on Sunday but I really don't see anyone challenging Davidson and Charleston.

asumike83
December 18th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Oh, and I'll have SHSU and NDSU at the top until proven otherwise. If Craig Bohl leaves for a BCS job, that could certainly change things though.

Apphole
December 18th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Fire Capel

#firecapel

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 10:55 AM
So the DOME has what to do with NDSU being #1 or 2 next season?

Wusses play in domes, NDSU plays in a dome, therefore NDSU are wusses. Thanks for keeping App spot warm while we rebuilt, see you in Boone next year. Outside. Where real football is played.

Smitty
December 18th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Wusses play in domes, NDSU plays in a dome, therefore NDSU are wusses. Thanks for keeping App spot warm while we rebuilt, see you in Boone next year. Outside. Where real football is played.

Don't you guys practice in a indoor facility?

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 11:01 AM

So a team whose going to back to back title games and returns almost the same team next season is going to just get worse and lose a top ranking? I think you need to go back to school junior. Wussies is the team who lost at home to Ill. State

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 11:08 AM
So a team whose going to back to back title games and returns almost the same team next season is going to just get worse and lose a top ranking? I think you need to go back to school junior. Wussies is the team who lost at home to Ill. State

The FCS has been down for years now. Enjoy your time in the chair, its about to end.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 11:15 AM
The FCS has been down for years now. Enjoy your time in the chair, its about to end.

Keep telling yourself that chump. Guess Sam and Ga So and these other teams have all been terrible lately too, just all around crappy teams in a crappy league.

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Keep telling yourself that chump. Guess Sam and Ga So and these other teams have all been terrible lately too, just all around crappy teams in a crappy league.

Ga Southern couldnt buy a field goal, what does that tell you? If they could, NDSU would be sitting at home this week. Ga Southern is still rebuilding, otherwise they'd be winning NCs. There may be a handful of good teams, but not compared to the playoff field, say in 2007, with Flacco, Omar Cuff, Tim Hightower, Josh Vaughn, Corey Lynch, Armanti Edwards, Mark Legree, DJ Smith and so on and so forth.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Ga Southern couldnt buy a field goal, what does that tell you? If they could, NDSU would be sitting at home this week. Ga Southern is still rebuilding, otherwise they'd be winning NCs. There may be a handful of good teams, but not compared to the playoff field, say in 2007, with Flacco, Omar Cuff, Tim Hightower, Josh Vaughn, Corey Lynch, Armanti Edwards, Mark Legree, DJ Smith and so on and so forth.

So a field goal kicker would have made the kick through the bison defenders arms? Cool story bro

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM
So a field goal kicker would have made the kick through the bison defenders arms? Cool story bro

And another thing, NDSU has got some nerve to take credit for the crowd noise, you could hear a mouse fart in that POS tin can.

Vitojr130
December 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM

Yeah, NDSU did that for about 100 years... Thing is, when you're as used to playing in the post season as we are, those -20 degree temps we can get up here can take a toll come mid-December through January...

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 11:29 AM

Yeah, if the kicker that had never kicked in a college football game before and had been playing soccer as of 2 days before hadnt taken 10 seconds to get the ball off, the defenders arms never would have gotten close.

Bison56
December 18th, 2012, 11:29 AM

Why are you so upset?

PaladinFan
December 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah, if the kicker that had never kicked in a college football game before and had been playing soccer as of 2 days before hadnt taken 10 seconds to get the ball off, the defenders arms never would have gotten close.

Someone on our forum made the observation that it took 1.49 seconds to get that kick off, and that time gets a kick blocked 7/10 times in high school, and 10/10 times in college. The block was on the kicker, not the defense.

I mean, it comes down to making plays. We'll never know if a true college kicker (who gets the ball away .30 seconds sooner) clears the defense.

Bison56
December 18th, 2012, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=GlassOnion;1921579]Yeah, if the kicker that had never kicked in a college football game before and had been playing soccer as of 2 days before hadnt taken 10 seconds to get the ball off, the defenders arms never would have gotten close.[QUOTE]

The dictionary definition of "excuse" is "to make allowance for a short-coming; to overlook; to serve as justification for; to vindicate.

Using your method I can say that IF the Bison didnt get a roughing the kicker penalty GSU doesnt get a TD and the Bison get the ball in great feild position and run away with the game.

It was a great game by 2 great teams get over it.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 11:43 AM
And another thing, NDSU has got some nerve to take credit for the crowd noise, you could hear a mouse fart in that POS tin can.

You get back to me when you can talk to somebody a couple rows away from you without having to yell to hear them.

Vitojr130
December 18th, 2012, 11:43 AM

Remind me what team was ranked 1st in the FCS a majority of this year, but couldn't play in the playoffs because we were transitional and still playing with students recruited when we were D2....

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 11:47 AM
You get back to me when you can talk to somebody a couple rows away from you without having to yell to hear them.

NCAA rules say no artificial noisemakers. If anything is an artificial noisemaker its that recycled trailerpark that NDSU plays in. Noisiest stadium title rightfully belongs to Montana. And guess what, it gets cold there too.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 11:50 AM
NCAA rules say no artificial noisemakers. If anything is an artificial noisemaker its that recycled trailerpark that NDSU plays in. Noisiest stadium title rightfully belongs to Montana. And guess what, it gets cold there too.

It gets loud from the fans hollering non stop on defense, you only wish you had fans like us.

citdog
December 18th, 2012, 11:50 AM

ah yes the Southern Boy clings to the past! NICELY DONE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrruyWDJZqs

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 11:51 AM
It gets loud from the fans hollering non stop on defense, you only wish you had fans like us.

Yes, thats exactly my wish. I wish App State had 8,000 fewer fans... xawesomex

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM

I don't see Montana being louder than NDSU. I've been to both and NDSU was BY FAR louder. Don't get me wrong Montana is loud but it's closer to Delaware than NDSU. Montana State is also up there with Montana, JMU, App State and UD.

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I don't see Montana being louder than NDSU. I've been to both and NDSU was BY FAR louder. Don't get me wrong Montana is loud but it's closer to Delaware than NDSU. Montana State is also up there with Montana, JMU, App State and UD.

xdohx

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 18th, 2012, 11:55 AM

Correction...if we had a mediocre kicking unit, NDSU would still be playing. GSU would be 10-1 for the RS, 13-1 now, and likely would be playing NDSU in Frisco.

Can't really blame the kicking game when you miss a 50 yarder with a soccer player who hasn't kicked a FG in three years.
On the other hand, in the Citadel and App games we missed multiple field goals under 35 yards.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Yes, thats exactly my wish. I wish App State had 8,000 fewer fans... xawesomex

Pardon me, it's louder in the dome than your place, that better?

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Pardon me, it's louder in the tin can/ recycled trailerpark than your place, that better?

Precision of language is important in our society.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Dome was ranked 49th best college football stadiums in 2011, Did app make that list?

SpeedkingATL
December 18th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I think I'll wait until after the National Championship and National Signing Day to come up with a top 25 for next year. That said I will likely have NDSU, SHSU, EWU, GaSo and App all in the top 6.

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Dome was ranked 49th best college football stadiums in 2011, Did app make that list?

Its not a stadium, its an aircraft hanger,

AND

I CANNOT believe you are throwing a bleacher report article at me as proof of NDSU's greatness! xlmaox

Bleacher report? Seriously? You may as well quote The Onion.

Maybe its even more sad that NDSU is using it on their own official site!

BEAR
December 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM
So if I'm reading this right:

NDSU is #1 because of the dome.
Montana has been #1 because of the snow.
UCA won the southland because of the stripes.
Sam won the southland because they wear their underwear on the outside of their pants.

Anyone care to add to that list? xlolx

Reign of Terrier
December 18th, 2012, 12:28 PM
show me the postseason rankings, the returning starters for next year, and then we can talk about preseason rankings.

Right now, my top 10 is:
1)NDSU
2)SHSU
3)GSU
4)EWU
5)ODU
6)Wofford
7)MSU
8)ISU
9)App State
10)Stony Brook

BEAR
December 18th, 2012, 12:30 PM
No UCA huh? Zalright.

show me the postseason rankings, the returning starters for next year, and then we can talk about preseason rankings.

Right now, my top 10 is:
1)NDSU
2)SHSU
3)GSU
4)EWU
5)ODU
6)Wofford
7)MSU
8)ISU
9)App State
10)Stony Brook

gotts
December 18th, 2012, 12:33 PM

AND

I CANNOT believe you are throwing a bleacher report article at me as proof of NDSU's greatness! xlmaox

Bleacher report? Seriously? You may as well quote The GlassOnion.

Thanks for the self-discredit :)

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the self-discredit :)

Its all OK, I just signed up with Bleacher Report, and tomorrow there will be an article on how App State is the greatest bestest University of all time, then I will post it on here as evidence of App's greatness. perhaps ASU will even use it on GOASU. xthumbsupx

gotts
December 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Its all OK, I just signed up with Bleacher Report, and tomorrow there will be an article on how App State is the greatest bestest University of all time, then I will post it on here as evidence of App's greatness. perhaps ASU will even use it on GOASU. xthumbsupx

Sweet! Don't forget to include the weather!

Reign of Terrier
December 18th, 2012, 12:38 PM
No UCA huh? Zalright.

I went top 8, then added who I thought did best out of the remaining 16. IMO, ODU and Wofford were the best not in the semis.

There's somewhat of a big drop of from 6 to 7.....

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 12:45 PM

You go to college at App St too?

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Sweet! Don't forget to include the weather!

I will. Tell your other disheartened Byzuns Im just funnin'. Im going off to deliver Bob Cratchit's pink slip and repo Tiny Tim's crutch, and I dont want to leave with a whole herd of testy water buffaloes!

bluehenbillk
December 18th, 2012, 12:49 PM

Right now, my top 10 is:
1)NDSU
2)SHSU
3)GSU
4)EWU
5)ODU
6)Wofford
7)MSU
8)ISU
9)App State
10)Stony Brook

ODU is no longer a 1-AA team....

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 12:54 PM

AND

Bleacher report? Seriously? You may as well quote The Onion.

Sorry but they don't have aircrafts in the dome, i think you have that confused with an airport maybe. Get your facts straight moron. I don't care if it's bleacher, onion whatever, apparently it's being noticed regardless of who it is. I'll take playing in the dome over the rock any day.

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Sorry but they don't have aircrafts in the dome, i think you have that confused with an airport maybe. Get your facts straight moron. I don't care if it's bleacher, onion whatever, apparently it's being noticed regardless of who it is. I'll take playing in the dome over the rock any day.

The plural of "aircraft" is "aircraft" moron.

And Im glad you noticed it, no one else cares.

Reign of Terrier
December 18th, 2012, 01:02 PM
ODU is no longer a 1-AA team....

They were this year though....hence why I said that was a postseason ranking

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 01:02 PM
The plural of "aircraft" is "aircraft" moron.

And Im glad you noticed it, no one else cares.

Thank you teacher, I hadn't realized i typed that incorrectly. Can you please go correct some of my other sentences please that I may have also wrote incorrectly. xcrazyx

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Thank you teacher, I hadn't realized i typed that incorrectly. Can you please go correct some of my other sentences please that I may have also wrote incorrectly. xcrazyx

If you want to call someone a moron, expect someone to point out that youre an idiot.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 01:08 PM
If you want to call someone a moron, expect someone to point out that youre an idiot.

Nice comeback, your boyfriend help you out with that one?

GlassOnion
December 18th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Nice comeback, your boyfriend help you out with that one?

I'll let your words speak for themselves. Everyone should be able to determine that youre working with the wits of a 12 year old. Good day.

gotts
December 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praFGD51ih8

Well, I'm going to go fall off the face of the earth until I leave for Frisco, peace!

katstrapper
December 18th, 2012, 01:49 PM

Right now, my top 10 is:
1)NDSU
2)SHSU
3)GSU
4)EWU
5)ODU
6)Wofford
7)MSU
8)ISU
9)App State
10)Stony Brook

Kats should be top 10 but don't think 2. Lose 4 starters in secondary and graduating a big class. Should still be good though. Bell, Flanders and Sincere all return for senior season..

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Have you ever sat in an open air stadium, temps in the teens and a cold north wind blowing in your face. It's fun and a novelty the first few times, but it gets old fast in the northern plains.

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Have you ever sat in an open air stadium, temps in the teens and a cold north wind blowing in your face. It's fun and a novelty the first few times, but it gets old fast in the northern plains.

He wouldn't be able to sit through an entire game up here outdoors.

Vitojr130
December 18th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Fan 1: Hurrr durr, I'm a butthurt ASU fan.
Fan 2: Well hurr derpa durr, your' moran, idiat!

What a pissing match.

Proceed.xeyebrowx

Neighbor2
December 18th, 2012, 02:52 PM
IF, I were a typical NDSU fan, it would go like this . . .

1-24 NDSU
25 Who cares? You're all not even in our league. Sheesh!

deez_na
December 18th, 2012, 02:54 PM
IF, I were a typical NDSU fan, it would go like this . . .

1-24 NDSU
25 Who cares? You're all not even in our league. Sheesh!

Wow that would be pretty selfish to pick 24 spots for your own team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Colgate and Lehigh should get/will get some consideration..

Lehigh - The two biggest losses imo, are Spadola and Chagani. The Hawks return leading WR Kurfis, Soto, Sherman, Coyle and 4/5 starting OL which should help. Like Colvin, whoever leads the offense will have all the toys in place to succeed.

The defense will be the question mark. The DL could be on the small side and young, but not inexperienced. The secondary takes a hit but I believe they underacheived for most of the year. The LB's will as good as always.

Colgate - the return of McCarney and Biddle makes them a threat for 8 wins again. Their schedule is tough though.

Lafayette returns quite a bit but the Leopards need major upgrading in the trenches. Holy Cross will be a threat again after a one year slumber.

cbarrier90
December 18th, 2012, 03:08 PM

Right now, my top 10 is:
1)NDSU
2)SHSU
3)GSU
4)EWU
5)ODU
6)Wofford
7)MSU
8)ISU
9)App State
10)Stony Brook

Wofford just lost Breitenstein and you have them AHEAD of App...

cbarrier90
December 18th, 2012, 03:12 PM
You may as well quote The Onion.

Does this technically qualify as quoting "The Onion?"

Geez, for a team ASU has never played in any sport, NDSU sure gets you fired up...

Fear the Bird
December 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Wofford just lost Breitenstein and you have them AHEAD of App...

Think he was saying "this is my postseason 2012 top 10" and then you can work from there based on losses/additions/etc. I would tend to agree that Wofford should end 2012 ranked ahead of App

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Fordham is another team that should be given some consideration. While their hoops team is a train wreck, the gridiron bunch is definitely headed in the right direction. They will have 3 scholarship classes on Rose Hill by the time next season kicks off.

The PL will have 3 teams worthy of Top 25 consideration imo.

Colgate, between 15-20
Lehigh - between 15-25
Fordham - between 20-35

fatmonarch
I think one thing to keep in mind when ranking ODU is that we will be playing 6 FBS teams next year. I don't think we will be top 10 at the end of the season.

Also, if our players are not eligible for post season awards, why are we eligible for a ranking? I know that we are technically an FCS independent.

Reign of Terrier
Think he was saying "this is my postseason 2012 top 10" and then you can work from there based on losses/additions/etc. I would tend to agree that Wofford should end 2012 ranked ahead of App

Yes...geeze.

Eaglesrus
December 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Lots of schools with "State" in their name.

On a related note, and as a helpful reminder, when predicting a 2013 FCS pre-season top 25 everyone please remember that GA State is no longer in our division.

marenlee
December 18th, 2012, 06:41 PM
On a related note, and as a helpful reminder, when predicting a 2013 FCS pre-season top 25 everyone please remember that GA State is no longer in our division.

I'm salivating at an 0-12 Georgia State record next season :) including losing to chatty and jax state. Well maybe 1-11

BadlandsBison
December 18th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Only the top 10 matter everything after that is a wash so that said,

NDSU, GSU, SHSU, SDSU, Wofford, App State, ISUR, Youngstown, Stony Brook, UCA

slostang
December 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM

Right now, my top 10 is:
1)NDSU
2)SHSU
3)GSU
4)EWU
5)ODU
6)Wofford
7)MSU
8)ISU
9)App State
10)Stony Brook

I have not really looked at what other teams return next year, but a 9-3 Cal Poly team returns 9 starters on defense, 8 on offense and their punter/kicker. In 2012 we only returned 2 on defense and 5 on offense and lost both our punter and kicker. I am excited about 2013.

KATS_21
December 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM
1)SHSU
2)NDSU
3)Lehigh
4)GASO
5)EWU
6)Lehigh
7)Cal Poly
8)Stony Brook
9)MSU
10)Lehigh

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM
1)SHSU
2)NDSU
3)Lehigh
4)GASO
5)EWU
6)Lehigh
7)Cal Poly
8)Stony Brook
9)MSU
10)Lehigh

Lehigh at both 3 and 10 huh?

Red & Black
December 18th, 2012, 08:39 PM

Lehigh at 3, period???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seawolf97
December 18th, 2012, 08:39 PM

Right now, my top 10 is:
1)NDSU
2)SHSU
3)GSU
4)EWU
5)ODU
6)Wofford
7)MSU
8)ISU
9)App State
10)Stony Brook

Thats just about where I would put the Team from long Island. Maysonet graduates but we will be in the mix come September.

catbob
December 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM

And 6. :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Without knowing who returns what, I'd have MSU in the 8-13 range. The return of McGhee, the OL and most of the skill guys is big. Although, the Bobcats could use more big play capability on the outside and the returning OL to bulk up a bit. The defense definitely takes some hits so the biggest concern, to me, is on that side of the ball. The schedule is also much tougher next year as well. The NDSU game really intrigues me....road trip?

Twentysix
December 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Oh, and I'll have SHSU and NDSU at the top until proven otherwise. If Craig Bohl leaves for a BCS job, that could certainly change things though.

The Wisconsin job is gone, they hired USU. NDSU will continue to have bohl.

Unbison
December 18th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Lehigh in the top 10 is wishful thinking

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Lehigh in the top 10 is wishful thinking

Just some "funny" guys trying to be "funny". Lehigh should be in the 15-25 range depending on who returns what.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 18th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Without knowing who returns what, I'd have MSU in the 8-13 range. The return of McGhee, the OL and most of the skill guys is big. Although, the Bobcats could use more big play capability on the outside and the returning OL to bulk up a bit. The defense definitely takes some hits so the biggest concern, to me, is on that side of the ball. The schedule is also much tougher next year as well. The NDSU game really intrigues me....road trip?

This year was our first with our strength coach and he made some good strides this year, so I expect our line to bulk up. I see our biggest problem at d-line. Singleton will fill in for Owens (although probably wont be near as good), we still have Na'a and Moore for next year.

Rekdiver
December 19th, 2012, 02:33 PM
For most of us, it is now basketball season.

Well maybe for you but not in Boone............

World
December 19th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Illinois State just guaranteed a top ten spot:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126201-Illinois-State-football-fans

BadlandsBison
December 19th, 2012, 07:15 PM
This year was our first with our strength coach and he made some good strides this year, so I expect our line to bulk up. I see our biggest problem at d-line. Singleton will fill in for Owens (although probably wont be near as good), we still have Na'a and Moore for next year.

You guys have a strength coach??? Sure could have fooled me!

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 19th, 2012, 07:33 PM
You guys have a strength coach??? Sure could have fooled me!

As I said, our first year with one. Things take time..

AppAlum2003
December 19th, 2012, 07:42 PM
How has this thread not meandered its way to the Smack Forum yet? Weird.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 19th, 2012, 07:58 PM
As I said, our first year with one. Things take time..

Any particular reason why Montana State did not have a strength coach? Seems odd...

slostang
December 19th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Any particular reason why Montana State did not have a strength coach? Seems odd...

My guess is they probably had a strength coach for multiple sports that they shsred and now have a football only strength coach.

Vitojr130
December 20th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Illinois State just guaranteed a top ten spot:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126201-Illinois-State-football-fans

Disagree. Don't they graduate a ton of athletes?

deez_na
December 20th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Disagree. Don't they graduate a ton of athletes?

They graduate 13 seniors

deez_na
December 20th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Also everyone picking Sam Houston as a top 2 preseason, don't they graduate over 20 seniors? That could be tough.

catbob
December 20th, 2012, 11:11 AM
My guess is they probably had a strength coach for multiple sports that they shsred and now have a football only strength coach.

I wana say our strength coach left right before spring ball in 2011 or something, and we didn't rehire one... I can't remember exactly. I don't believe it was our first strength coach ever, but we went 2011 without one.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 20th, 2012, 02:45 PM

I think as slostang said, it was our first year with a dedicated fb strength coach. But not too sure. If I was at school, I'd be able to find out the actual answer easier.

World
December 20th, 2012, 07:22 PM
They graduate 13 seniors

how many of the 13 are starters (Illinois State)?

ngineer
December 20th, 2012, 07:58 PM
1) Lehigh
2) Lehigh
3) Lehigh
4-25 - The rest of the PL...

Looks good to me. (;-)

ngineer
December 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Just some "funny" guys trying to be "funny". Lehigh should be in the 15-25 range depending on who returns what.

Agree with that. A strong showing by Bialkowski and/or the two sophs in the Spring Game will mean LU's offense will be tough to handle.

bisonwest
December 20th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Don't you guys practice in a indoor facility?

That's a good point because there is a lot more time spent on the practice field than in the Dome. Oh, and they practice in FARGO NORTH DAKOTA in December. The fact that the we play indoors only gives teams from your neck of the backwoods a fighting chance.

Que lame comeback that we have heard a million times.

deez_na
December 21st, 2012, 09:52 AM
how many of the 13 are starters (Illinois State)?

I'm not exactly sure, maybe an Ill St fan could help us out.

clawman
December 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Back to the subject:
SHSU
NDSU
EWU
who cares?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 21st, 2012, 10:18 AM
Quesiton...if the NC game goes a lot like last year's, does GSU get ranked higher than Sam considering we didn't get a game a neutral field?

Bossanova
December 21st, 2012, 10:29 AM
Nova may not start the season in the Top 10, but I guarantee they will end the season in the Top 10.

World
December 21st, 2012, 04:26 PM
I'm not exactly sure, maybe an Ill St fan could help us out.

Just checked

14 of the 22 starters are returning next year

losing 4 each on offense and defense to graduation.

g-webb1994
December 21st, 2012, 08:26 PM
You go to college at App St too?

I don't, but she did.....and could read my map any day, if she could find it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

jacksfan29
December 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Only the top 10 matter everything after that is a wash so that said,

NDSU, GSU, SHSU, SDSU, Wofford, App State, ISUR, Youngstown, Stony Brook, UCA

I think you also have to think UNI is in the mix next year. The MVFC will get no easier next season. NDSU, ISUR, SDSU and UNI all will be bringing back a lot of talent.

darell1976
December 22nd, 2012, 02:55 PM
I think you also have to think UNI is in the mix next year. The MVFC will get no easier next season. NDSU, ISUR, SDSU and UNI all will be bringing back a lot of talent.

Watch out for the Yotes....they will eventually get that first MVFC win.:D

LuckyKat
December 22nd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Also everyone picking Sam Houston as a top 2 preseason, don't they graduate over 20 seniors? That could be tough.
Yes, 13 starters,

woffordgrad94
December 22nd, 2012, 07:21 PM
I don't, but she did.....and could read my map any day, if she could find it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

I would like to have sexual intercourse with her.

clenz
December 22nd, 2012, 07:57 PM
Just checked

14 of the 22 starters are returning next year

losing 4 each on offense and defense to graduation.
I'm not seeing 4 on each side of the ball. I'm seeing the 5 defense and 3 offense..All Conference teams not available yet to have that added.

Matt Brown - MVFC POY, 1st team QB (likely), ISUr career passing leader in ever category, MVFC all time leading passer in many categories/top couple in every, 4 year starter, 4 time All Conference selection, etc...

Tyrone Walker - teams leading WR (by far) with 90 catches last year (next was 49) 9TD, 1400 yards. 4 year starter, 4 year all conference performer. Didn't look, but probably very near the top of WR stats in MVFC history...ISUr history for sure

Cary Pete - Started every game on the OL this year

Mike Zimmer - starting LB, teams leading tackler with 127 stops second on team in PBU

Austin Davis - starting LB, top 12 on team in tackles, third on team in PBU

Evan Frierson - starting LB, 4th on team in tackes, 3rd in sacks, 4th in TFL, 3rd in QB hits. 1st team all conference as a JR...likely AC as senior

Ben Ericksen - starting S, lead team in INT's (7), 6th in total tackes

Nate Palmer - starting DL, 4th on team in tackles, 3rd in TFL, 2nd in sacks, AC as a JR in first year with ISUr, possible AC this year as well.

Also lost OC to Georgia State

They have a ton to replace on offense with only losing 2 skill players. Brown and Walker were the top combo in the league the last 3 years. Plus losing the OC.....

Losing 5 of the top 12 tacklers, including all three linebackers.

They should still be competitive next year...but that's a **** ton to lose.