PDA

View Full Version : All-Patriot League teams

cosmo here
August 21st, 2006, 08:52 PM
to the fellow Patriot Leaguers:

I thought it would be cool to put together a consensus all-league team before the start of the season, so here's a start. comments are provided where necessary. thoughts are appreciated.

Offense - Lafayette and Colgate (6 each), Lehigh (5), Fordham and Bucknell (3 each), Georgetown (2), HC (1)

QB
1. Sedale Threatt, Lehigh (without question the focal point of the Lehigh offense)
2. Brad Maurer, Lafayette (may be more efficient than Threatt, but Jon Hurt will carry the ball)

(Colgate13, you'll kill me for not including Saraceno, but 19 picks? plus Scott might run for 1600 yards)

RB
1. Jordan Scott (Colgate), James Prydatko (Fordham)
2. Jonathan Hurt (Lafayette), Peter Kaufman (Bucknell)

(I'd love to include a Lehigh back here, but I'm not sure which one will get the bulk of the load . . Thompson? Pastore?)

FB
1. Josh DeStefano, Bucknell (rushing option in option offense)
2. Greg Fay, Lehigh

WR - 3 each
1. Kenny Parker (Colgate), Joe Ort (Lafayette), Lee Thomas (Lehigh)
2. Erik Burke (Colgate), Mike Melvin (Fordham), Shaun Adair (Lafayette)

TE
1. Brent Dillingham, Colgate
2. Harrison Beacher, Georgetown

OL - this is where it gets tough
1. Mike Saint Germain (Lafayette), Jake Sulovski (Colgate), John Reese (Lehigh), Stefan Niemczyk (Bucknell), Liam Grubb (Georgetown)
2. Andrew Schoepfer (HC), Steve Jonas (Colgate), Anthony Silvestro (Fordham), Jason Russell (Lehigh), Ryan Nase (Lafayette) - could be Padilla or Plenski by end of year

Defense - Lafayette and Lehigh (5 each), Fordham (4), Colgate and Bucknell (3 each), Georgetown and HC (2 each)

DE
1. Marvin Snipes (Lafayette), Alex Buzbee (Georgetown)
2. Jay Edwards (Fordham), Paul Fabre (Lehigh)

DT
1. Royce Morgan** (Lehigh), Eduardo Boza (Fordham)
2. Dan Liseno (Lafayette), Julius Griauzde (Georgetown)

if Morgan is unable to play it might be the biggest story in the league, I thought he would be defensive player of the year

LB - 4 each, with a couple 3-4 teams in the league
1. Marcus Taylor (Fordham), Dorian Peterson (Bucknell), Dan Adams (HC), Justin Stovall (Lafayette)
2. Ryan Slater (Bucknell), Josh Jenrette (Fordham), David Wesley (Colgate), Matt Mohler (Lehigh)

CB
1. Cody Williams (Colgate), David Frisbey (Bucknell)
2. Casey Gough (HC), Brannan Thomas (Lehigh)

Safety
1. Geoff Bean (Colgate), Torian Johnson (Lafayette)
2. Trey Martell (Lafayette), Julian Austin (Lehigh) - had it written down, typo, sorry

Kicker
1. Micah Clukey, Fordham
2. Rick Ziska, Lafayette

Punter
1. Jason Sutton, Colgate
2. Jason Leo, Lehigh (should also be mentioned as potential kicker)

ngineer
August 21st, 2006, 08:58 PM
to the fellow Patriot Leaguers:

I thought it would be cool to put together a consensus all-league team before the start of the season, so here's a start. comments are provided where necessary. thoughts are appreciated.

Offense - Lafayette and Colgate (6 each), Lehigh (5), Fordham and Bucknell (3 each), Georgetown (2), HC (1)

QB
1. Sedale Threatt, Lehigh (without question the focal point of the Lehigh offense)
2. Brad Maurer, Lafayette (may be more efficient than Threatt, but Jon Hurt will carry the ball)

(Colgate13, you'll kill me for not including Saraceno, but 19 picks? plus Scott might run for 1600 yards)

RB
1. Jordan Scott (Colgate), James Prydatko (Fordham)
2. Jonathan Hurt (Lafayette), Peter Kaufman (Bucknell)

(I'd love to include a Lehigh back here, but I'm not sure which one will get the bulk of the load . . Thompson? Pastore?)

FB
1. Josh DeStefano, Bucknell (rushing option in option offense)
2. Greg Fay, Lehigh

WR - 3 each
1. Kenny Parker (Colgate), Joe Ort (Lafayette), Lee Thomas (Lehigh)
2. Erik Burke (Colgate), Mike Melvin (Fordham), Shaun Adair (Lafayette)

TE
1. Brent Dillingham, Colgate
2. Harrison Beacher, Georgetown

OL - this is where it gets tough
1. Mike Saint Germain (Lafayette), Jake Sulovski (Colgate), John Reese (Lehigh), Stefan Niemczyk (Bucknell), Liam Grubb (Georgetown)
2. Andrew Schoepfer (HC), Steve Jonas (Colgate), Ricky Bencivenni (Fordham), Jason Russell (Lehigh), Ryan Nase (Lafayette) - could be Padilla or Plenski by end of year

Defense - Lafayette (5), Lehigh and Fordham (4 each), Colgate and Bucknell (3 each), Georgetown and HC (2 each)

DE
1. Marvin Snipes (Lafayette), Alex Buzbee (Georgetown)
2. Jay Edwards (Fordham), and I honestly don't know the other

DT
1. Royce Morgan** (Lehigh), Eduardo Boza (Fordham)
2. Dan Liseno (Lafayette), Julius Griauzde (Georgetown)

if Morgan is unable to play it might be the biggest story in the league, I thought he would be defensive player of the year

LB - 4 each, with a couple 3-4 teams in the league
1. Marcus Taylor (Fordham), Dorian Peterson (Bucknell), Dan Adams (HC), Justin Stovall (Lafayette)
2. Ryan Slater (Bucknell), Josh Jenrette (Fordham), David Wesley (Colgate), Matt Mohler (Lehigh)

CB
1. Cody Williams (Colgate), David Frisbey (Bucknell)
2. Casey Gough (HC), Brannan Thomas (Lehigh)

Safety
1. Geoff Bean (Colgate), Torian Johnson (Lafayette)
2. Trey Martell (Lafayette), Brannan Thomas (Lehigh)

Kicker
1. Micah Clukey, Fordham
2. Rick Ziska, Lafayette

Punter
1. Jason Sutton, Colgate
2. Jason Leo, Lehigh (should also be mentioned as potential kicker)

Not bad. However, I wouldn't overlook McGowan at RB, and TE's Morelli/Maggs bring tremendous experience. Safety and captain Julian Austin is your man at the position, Thomas is a CB. Also, Leo IS the man at PK. Had a great scrimmage on Saturday, both punting and field goals.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 21st, 2006, 11:11 PM
Was Morgan present at the scrimmage? Is he practicing with the team? If those two questions are yes or if atleast one i think the odds are pretty good he'll play. I don't think he came back for his 5th year not to play. Usually these type of things have a way of working out even if he sits out a game or two.

Side note, i believe Morgan has moved to DE so he would be battling Snipes and Buzbee for first time.

cosmo here
August 21st, 2006, 11:32 PM
Was Morgan present at the scrimmage? Is he practicing with the team? If those two questions are yes or if atleast one i think the odds are pretty good he'll play. I don't think he came back for his 5th year not to play. Usually these type of things have a way of working out even if he sits out a game or two.

Side note, i believe Morgan has moved to DE so he would be battling Snipes and Buzbee for first time.

Fifth-year defensive tackle Royce Morgan, is going through some ''personal and academic issues,'' and his status is uncertain.

This snippet from the Morning Call seems to answer the second point, I think in the 3-4 he's pretty valuable as an anchor in the middle, you usually want somebody there who can command a double team anyways.

On the other question they usually do work themselves out, but "personal and academic issues" entering a fifth year usually aren't good, so I think it's best to be cautious.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 21st, 2006, 11:39 PM
Fifth-year defensive tackle Royce Morgan, is going through some ''personal and academic issues,'' and his status is uncertain.

This snippet from the Morning Call seems to answer the second point, I think in the 3-4 he's pretty valuable as an anchor in the middle, you usually want somebody there who can command a double team anyways.

On the other question they usually do work themselves out, but "personal and academic issues" entering a fifth year usually aren't good, so I think it's best to be cautious.

That's why i asked as to what his capacity is with the team. If he's still practicing and was atleast present at the scrimmage, maybe didn't play, i think it shows that his focus is still on football and he believes that he will win the battle with these personal and academic issues. If he has taken time away from the team and has not been seen at practice or at the scrimmage i would be concerned. So any word? Ngineer?

The move to the outside is to better utilize his speed. He's only 255 lbs. and has taking a pounding as an interior linemen. Lehigh's got bigger bodies to take up space in the middle.

cosmo here
August 21st, 2006, 11:44 PM
That's why i asked as to what his capacity is with the team. If he's still practicing and was atleast present at the scrimmage, maybe didn't play, i think it shows that his focus is still on football and he believes that he will win the battle with these personal and academic issues. If he has taken time away from the team and has not been seen at practice or at the scrimmage i would be concerned. So any word? Ngineer?

The move to the outside is to better utilize his speed. He's only 255 lbs. and has taking a pounding as an interior linemen. Lehigh's got bigger bodies to take up space in the middle.

Matt Dougherty listed him at end in his preseason rankings (7th or 8th I think), but Keith Groller is the ultimate Lehigh insider so I'll leave him at tackle until proven otherwise.

I'm interested to hear from Ngineer, LFN etc. if he was at the scrimmage and is practicing as well.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 22nd, 2006, 08:45 AM
Great list! In all honesty I'd consider Lehigh DE Paul Fabre or NT Erik Rakus for that last DL spot. But aside from that, I'm not sure I'd change anything. Great job!

I will see what I can figure out about Mr. Morgan's status this week...

Fordham
August 22nd, 2006, 09:18 AM
Well done from a Fordham perspective, cosmo.

The only tweaks I may add would be the following:

*I love Mike Melvin at WR since he's a small guy who is never afraid to go over the middle and take a pop, but I think it's a stretch right now to put any of our WR's in the all-league category at this point. Hopefully not at the end of the season but right now I think that's the fairest take.

*I'd also add Anthony Silvestro and Mike Nardone to the OL and take Bencivenni off. Nardone didn't play last year and was referred to by our then HC Foley as our best OL and new OL coach Ed Argast has also raved about Nardone but then reportedly called Silvestro our current best OL. This group is the key to our season imo. If they're healthy and play considerably better than last year it will open up even more room for Prydatko, which could be amazing. It will also buy more time for Daniels to let things develop and help turn around our passing game. Critical, critical.

cosmo here
August 22nd, 2006, 09:42 AM
updated with Paul Fabre (Lehigh) at DE and Anthony Silvestro (Fordham) at OL . . those OL spots are tough.

After the first five wide receivers (Ort, Adair, Parker, Burke, Thomas) there's not a lot of depth. I think Melvin will have a better year at Fordham than Van Fleet at Georgetown, Harrison at Holy Cross or any of Bucknell's guys.

LBPop
August 22nd, 2006, 12:26 PM
After the first five wide receivers (Ort, Adair, Parker, Burke, Thomas) there's not a lot of depth. I think Melvin will have a better year at Fordham than Van Fleet at Georgetown, Harrison at Holy Cross or any of Bucknell's guys.

If the Georgetown QB can get the ball near Van Fleet, he will have a big year. He's a real match up problem. He was recruited as an LB, but runs like a WR. Of course if the QB doesn't hit him or is on his back all day, it's all academic.

cosmo here
August 22nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
If the Georgetown QB can get the ball near Van Fleet, he will have a big year. He's a real match up problem. He was recruited as an LB, but runs like a WR. Of course if the QB doesn't hit him or is on his back all day, it's all academic.

Van Fleet went to high school in my area, he's an incredible athlete. I'm not sure how he translates to any passing game at Georgetown though, which is why I hesitate to make him all-league at this point. But he has the potential to be outstanding if they can get him the ball.

LBPop
August 22nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Van Fleet went to high school in my area, he's an incredible athlete.

Then you probably will be happy to hear that he is pulling an outstanding GPA and could not be a nicer young man. He rooms with LBKid--they will likely be friends for a long time.

cosmo here
August 22nd, 2006, 01:11 PM
Then you probably will be happy to hear that he is pulling an outstanding GPA and could not be a nicer young man. He rooms with LBKid--they will likely be friends for a long time.

Outstanding, it's great to hear that Pop's kid is running with the right crowd. :nod:

Pard4Life
August 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
Very diligent list cosmo... I'm not even sure I should add anything...

..let's toss it up b/w Saraceno and Threatt for 2nd team QB.. whoever comes in 2nd place..

Fordham
August 22nd, 2006, 06:12 PM
Very diligent list cosmo... I'm not even sure I should add anything...

..let's toss it up b/w Saraceno and Threatt for 2nd team QB.. whoever comes in 2nd place..
yikes ... I'm surprised to see you accept the 3rd (or 4th) position this year so easily.

cosmo here
August 22nd, 2006, 07:32 PM
I'm a little surprised that there's no disagreement between first and second team players . . well, except for QB, and that's only with one Lafayette guy (and I think half-joking).

I know the season hasn't started yet, but we don't have to get along that well. Feel free to post your choices, first second or otherwise.

In the meantime, how about an informal poll for preseason O and D players of the year? I'll take Scott and Morgan, but Lafayette wins the championship and Tavani is coach of the year.

Pard4Life
August 23rd, 2006, 12:08 PM
yikes ... I'm surprised to see you accept the 3rd (or 4th) position this year so easily.

Maurer will be first and the rest secondary my friend.

Pard4Life
August 23rd, 2006, 12:11 PM
I'm a little surprised that there's no disagreement between first and second team players . . well, except for QB, and that's only with one Lafayette guy (and I think half-joking).

I know the season hasn't started yet, but we don't have to get along that well. Feel free to post your choices, first second or otherwise.

In the meantime, how about an informal poll for preseason O and D players of the year? I'll take Scott and Morgan, but Lafayette wins the championship and Tavani is coach of the year.

Scott I'd say for offense and defense is a bit of a toss-up...

Fordham
August 23rd, 2006, 12:26 PM
Aw, hell, I'll put Marcus Taylor up there for DPOY, along with Mr. Scott for O.

Now, how about Rookie of the Year?

Fordham
August 23rd, 2006, 12:30 PM

Pard4Life
August 23rd, 2006, 01:37 PM

DeAndre Morrow - TB Laf.. or Heaney at LB, Laf are my Pard nominees...

Fordham
August 23rd, 2006, 02:11 PM
For Fordham, I'm going to throw out the following 3 guys as potential ROY candidates:

1. QB John Skelton - note scrimmage performance

2. WR Jason Caldwell - In the spring, Coach Massella mentioned Jason as the most likely to make an immediate impact.

3. LB Asil Mulbah - note scrimmage performance and strength testing results

Here are some notes from our first scrimmage:

At quarterback, freshman John Skelton completed eight of 11 passes for 93 yards and two scores while senior Derric Daniels completed eight of 17 passes for 53 yards.

Defensively, senior Josh Jenrette led the squad with nine total tackles, six solo, including two for a loss and one sack while freshman Asil Mulbah recorded seven total stops, six solo, including one for a loss and senior Jay Edwards, who led the Patriot League in sacks last year, had two sacks on the night.

And here are some notes from our strength testing at the beginning of camp:

FOOTBALL RAMS CONTINUE SUMMER CAMP
Eduardo Boza Sets Strength & Conditioning Record
Bronx, NY - (August 18, 2006) – The 2006 Fordham University football Rams continue to prepare for the upcoming season, going through a double-session practice under the guidance of first-year head coach Tom Masella on Thursday in preparation for a scrimmage set for Saturday afternoon at 2:00 p.m.

Also today, head strength and conditioning coach Jason George released results of the preseason strength and conditioning testing. The highlight of the testing was the performance of senior defensive lineman Eduardo Boza, who set a school bench press record with a lift of 465 pounds.

There were also three positional records set as senior linebacker Marcus Taylor recorded a school best for linebackers, tight ends and full backs with a 425-pound bench press and senior running back James Prydatko registered a three lift total of 1,228 pounds in the bench press, power clean and squat, the best total for a defensive back, wide receiver, quarterback, tail backs, and kickers in school history. Senior defensive lineman Cory Terzis also set a positional mark for linemen with a 5.49 second conditioning test (the average time of ten 40-yard sprints with 25 seconds of rest between each sprint).

Freshman linebacker Asil Mulbah, who was on campus during the summer, also had a strong showing in the testing program, leading the linebacker, tight ends, and full back group with a 451-pound squat. He also benched 415 pounds and cleaned 270 pounds.

Here are the complete position-by-position breakdown of the strength and conditioning testing:

Offensive Line & Defensive Line

Bench Press: Eduardo Boza - 465 * new school record
Power Clean: Ricky Bencivenni - 315
Squat: Mike Nardone - 682 (9 lbs off school record of 691 by Aymen Aboushi)
3 Lift Total: Mike Nardone - 1417
40: Greg DeMarco - 4.94
Conditioning Test: Cory Terzis - 5.49 seconds* new positional record

Linebackers, Tight Ends, & Full Backs:

Bench Press: Marcus Taylor - 425 *new positional record
Power Clean: Marcus Taylor - 320
Squat: Asil Mulbah - 541
3 Lift Total: Asil Mulbah - 1221
40: Asil Mulbah - 4.60Conditioning Test: Dominique Owens - 5.50

Defensive Backs, Wide Receivers, Quarterbacks, Tail Backs, & Kickers

Bench Press: James Prydatko - 380
Power Clean: James Prydatko - 330
Squat: James Prydatko - 518
3 Lift Total: James Prydatko - 1228 *new positional record
40: Raymond Loney - 4.51; James Prydatko - 4.53; Larry Rhea - 4.58
Conditioning Test: Raymond Loney - 5.23

Practices will continue to alternate single sessions with two-a-days until August 25th.

Fordham will open its 2006 season on Saturday, September 2nd when the Rams host Monmouth University on Jack Coffey Field at 6:00 p.m. For ticket information contact the Fordham Ticket Office at 718-817-4300 or go to www.fordhamsports.com.

Pard4Life
August 23rd, 2006, 03:05 PM
If the frosh QB is showing up Daniels that much in the preseason, then it might be a longer season than we non-Ram fans think.. but.. it is just one drill.. unless you can cite a list of Skelton out performing Daniels..

Fordham
August 23rd, 2006, 04:25 PM
no more info than that, pard. I really think that the job is Daniels' to lose. The only nagging thought in my mind is whether or not the new staff may try the Clawson approach of playing a ton of frosh & soph's in order to make a big splash in year 3 while biting the bullet a bit in year 1. I have no solid info or rumors to back that up - just basing it on how the blueprint seemed to work with Coach Clawson. That's the only thing that may give Skelton an advantage ... short of Daniels spitting the bit in camp.

colgate13
August 24th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Everyone can get on the Threatt bandwagon, but Saraceno will bring home the bacon once again, and will get the deserving honors as well. Threatt's 'time in the sun' will be 2007.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 24th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Everyone can get on the Threatt bandwagon, but Saraceno will bring home the bacon once again, and will get the deserving honors as well. Threatt's 'time in the sun' will be 2007.

I still think Saraceno won last year by default. His numbers were not great. If he puts up the same numbers or only slightly better he will not be first team this year. I can almost gaurentee had Borda not broken his leg he would have been first team last year and Maurer would have put up a good fight if he didn't battle injuries.

Threatts Numbers 6 games started
Passing 12 TD 4 Int's 126 eff
Rushing 371 yards 5.0 avg 2 TD's

Saraceno
Passing 12 TD's 19 Ints 106 eff
Rushing 340 yards 3.9 avg 5 TD's

Did i mention Threatt is up to 6'3 210?? Saraceno better get a lot better if he's going to beat out Threatt or Mauerer if they play a full season. I didn't realize how poor his numbers were.

colgate13
August 25th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Did i mention Threatt is up to 6'3 210?? Saraceno better get a lot better if he's going to beat out Threatt or Mauerer if they play a full season. I didn't realize how poor his numbers were.

Saraceno's 'poor' numbers really are from two games: CCSU and UNH where he threw 9 interceptions of his 19. (nice to see you left out his over 2,000 yards passing in your statement BTW). Other than that he was a very steady, able quarterback who led his team. I see a lot of 'ifs and buts' in your prediction of this year and claim of last year.

Fact is, Saraceno was settling into a QB position having not played any serious game time in three years. He had a lot of growing and learning to do and yet he still managed to lead his team to a title. I have no doubt he will have learned from last year a great amount.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Threatt has got some great physical and mental tools at his disposal, but he won't IMO put up competitive numbers in 2006 because of a lack of proven targets in the Lehigh receiving corps and because Coen appears to emphasize running more so than previous Lehigh coaches. If anything, Threatt might put up competitive numbers due to scrambling - but I'd be weary of too much of that if I was a Lehigh fan. That's prime set up for injury.

Oh, and you can have 6'3" 210 lbs. Saraceno wins in a foot race against Threatt and that's what Colgate needs. :twocents:

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 25th, 2006, 12:29 PM
=
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Threatt has got some great physical and mental tools at his disposal, but he won't IMO put up competitive numbers in 2006 because of a lack of proven targets in the Lehigh receiving corps and because Coen appears to emphasize running more so than previous Lehigh coaches. If anything, Threatt might put up competitive numbers due to scrambling - but I'd be weary of too much of that if I was a Lehigh fan. That's prime set up for injury.

This statement makes no sense to me. Didn't Long graduate? Where are all Saraceno's "proven" targets besides Parker? I think you're basing a lot of Saraceno's numbers on the fact that a lot of wr's are going to step up for him, but not Threatt. Threatt has Lehigh's leading reception leader from last year, something Saraceno doesn't have. I know you'll say Saraceno has very good targets at TE, as does Threatt, both Maggs and Morelli are experienced, plus Thompson is experienced in the backfield. If you're going to use lack of proven targets are your reason for Threatt not to have an all league season it's BS because the Saraceno is facing the same situation. Yes Saraceno had 2065 yards in 12 games, once again not that impressive, Borda was already at 1600 through 5 1/2 games. The numbers don't lie.

Pard94
August 25th, 2006, 02:12 PM
This statement makes no sense to me. Didn't Long graduate? Where are all Saraceno's "proven" targets besides Parker? I think you're basing a lot of Saraceno's numbers on the fact that a lot of wr's are going to step up for him, but not Threatt. Threatt has Lehigh's leading reception leader from last year, something Saraceno doesn't have. I know you'll say Saraceno has very good targets at TE, as does Threatt, both Maggs and Morelli are experienced, plus Thompson is experienced in the backfield. If you're going to use lack of proven targets are your reason for Threatt not to have an all league season it's BS because the Saraceno is facing the same situation. Yes Saraceno had 2065 yards in 12 games, once again not that impressive, Borda was already at 1600 through 5 1/2 games. The numbers don't lie.

If only Threatt could win the "big one".

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 25th, 2006, 02:14 PM
If only Threatt could win the "big one".

He went 1-1 against Lafayette and Colgate, not bad for a soph. He's got two more cracks at it and he really wasn't the reason they lost to Lafayette last year. He didn't play outstanding but he played well enough for Lehigh to win.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 25th, 2006, 02:32 PM
If the frosh QB is showing up Daniels that much in the preseason, then it might be a longer season than we non-Ram fans think.. but.. it is just one drill.. unless you can cite a list of Skelton out performing Daniels..

Following the Ram spring game, I've got to think Masella is at least weighing his options. I'd give the freshman Texan the reins and give him a spin.

cosmo here
August 25th, 2006, 02:32 PM
He went 1-1 against Lafayette and Colgate, not bad for a soph. He's got two more cracks at it and he really wasn't the reason they lost to Lafayette last year. He didn't play outstanding but he played well enough for Lehigh to win.

I didn't want to bring this up, but against Lafayette Threatt was 18-39 for 232 yards, 1 TD and 2 Int. The TD came on a 79 yard screen play to Gerran Walker, without that he was 17-38 for 153 yards and 2 Int.

He also gained 76 yards rushing, lost 33 on four sacks and finished with 43 (on 17 carries). Lehigh's first offensive play was a 21 yard run by Threatt to the 9. Lehigh didn't score and missed the field goal.

In the fourth quarter Threatt was 4-13 for 65 yards and the final interception. Pat Davis was 7-16 for 133 yards and the touchdown.

That said, I made him the first team all-league quarterback and he's a great talent. I agree that he didn't play outstanding in the Lafayette game though.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 25th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I didn't want to bring this up, but against Lafayette Threatt was 18-39 for 232 yards, 1 TD and 2 Int. The TD came on a 79 yard screen play to Gerran Walker, without that he was 17-38 for 153 yards and 2 Int.

He also gained 76 yards rushing, lost 33 on four sacks and finished with 43 (on 17 carries). Lehigh's first offensive play was a 21 yard run by Threatt to the 9. Lehigh didn't score and missed the field goal.

In the fourth quarter Threatt was 4-13 for 65 yards and the final interception. Pat Davis was 7-16 for 133 yards and the touchdown.

That said, I made him the first team all-league quarterback and he's a great talent. I agree that he didn't play outstanding in the Lafayette game though.

Yeah that's what i remember, although i think those are still better then Borda's game in 2004. However a lot of that was Lembo trying to beat LC Woody Hayes stylexidiotx . Based on numbers and from what i've seen, i think Maurer and Threatt are both better then Sacraceno. We'll know about Saraceno in week one against Umass and Threatt against 'Nova in week 2.

Fordham
August 25th, 2006, 07:07 PM
actually, it's going to be Daniels. Spoke with coach yesterday.

He's been pleased thus far at the effort, how the kids have adapted to the new systems and the positive impact these frosh are having on lighting a fire under the upper classmen. All good stuff.

The one down note was that one of the frosh I mentioned earlier, Jason Caldwell, is out for the year with an injury he received on Monday. That's tough news as our secondary needed some big talent infusions and I can't believe the extent to which Massella raved about the kid. He said he was an absolute animal in camp and was locked in as a starting safety soon after arriving on campus.

colgate13
August 25th, 2006, 09:51 PM
This statement makes no sense to me. Didn't Long graduate? Where are all Saraceno's "proven" targets besides Parker?

Colgate's starting wide receivers, Parker and Burke, are returning from last year and are 'proven' targets. It only gets better if some 'unproven' ones step up too.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Colgate's starting wide receivers, Parker and Burke, are returning from last year and are 'proven' targets. It only gets better if some 'unproven' ones step up too.

When you look at the stats from whose returning for Lehigh and Colgate it's about the same. Dwayne Long was Lehigh's Gerran Walker or vice-versa. After that both teams are left with 1 proven guy and a couple guys who had nice seasons last year with potential waiting in the wings. Don't kid yourself that one team, Colgate, is better in the passing game heading into this season based on who's returning and who's ready to step up. Both teams will be good in the passing game if you base it off that, my point is Threatt's number are already ahead of Saraceno when you really consider the above. So base your own conclusions....look it up if you don't believe me, stats and rumors from both camps.....

colgate13
August 26th, 2006, 12:36 PM
We can agree to disagree. IMHO, Colgate's passing game is much more 'proven' than Lehigh's at this stage in the game.

Pard4Life
August 26th, 2006, 02:11 PM
actually, it's going to be Daniels. Spoke with coach yesterday.

He's been pleased thus far at the effort, how the kids have adapted to the new systems and the positive impact these frosh are having on lighting a fire under the upper classmen. All good stuff.

The one down note was that one of the frosh I mentioned earlier, Jason Caldwell, is out for the year with an injury he received on Monday. That's tough news as our secondary needed some big talent infusions and I can't believe the extent to which Massella raved about the kid. He said he was an absolute animal in camp and was locked in as a starting safety soon after arriving on campus.

We will see how long Daniels lasts if the Rams lose some games or he starts making mistakes... but I think Daniels will hold the entire season...

Are you ready to drink the "Fordham is a 4th place team" kool-aid? :D What you described is kind of what some of us here were expecting to happen to the Rams. If Prdyatko and the line gell, give room to Daniels, the Rams offense should cause some worries.

Pard4Life
August 26th, 2006, 02:14 PM
We can agree to disagree. IMHO, Colgate's passing game is much more 'proven' than Lehigh's at this stage in the game.

:nod: Agreed... As a Pard, I am much more fearful of 'gates passing attack... it killed us at the end of last season, and also because we can't beat them.. Saraceno seems to have higher profile, established targets than Lehigh at the moment... such as their TE.

ngineer
August 26th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Interesting tidbit I saw on Lehigh's recent press release regarding the second scrimmage. Last year's starting TE Morelli is now listed at Tackle, with Sr. Maggs at TE. Maggs played the second TE behind Bergen and had decent time last year. But the move is interesting. Might Lehigh be considering some unbalanced line stuff with Morelli and Maggs and Threatt's sprint out ability??:cool: