PDA

View Full Version : Schreibeis wins Buchanan Award

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 17th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Caleb Schreibeis, Montana State, wins the Buchanan Award with 35 first place votes. Congratulations to Caleb, hope it's not the end of his career.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/2012buchanan_Schreibeis_430xx.htm

ursus arctos horribilis
December 17th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Congrats to him, hell of a player.

citdog
December 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Brent Russell finished 15th. OUCH

CID1990
December 17th, 2012, 04:53 PM
He shoulda been politer

boogereagle
December 17th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Brent Russell finished 15th. OUCH

Not sure he deserved to win. I wasn't as impressed by Manbearpig this year as I was by Dubose, to be honest.

Walkon79
December 17th, 2012, 05:55 PM
xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

Sure gonna miss that kid. He as great off the field as well!!

MSUBobcat
December 17th, 2012, 06:32 PM
xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

Sure gonna miss that kid. He as great off the field as well!!

+1. Not much else to say. Our defense is going to look alot different next year. :(:(

Grizo406
December 17th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Congrats to Caleb & Bobcat Nation!xthumbsupx

xcoach2
December 17th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I'm going to assume this kid is overrated and sucks just like Jody Owens and DeNarius McGhee. You guys have a helluva PR guy up in Bozoman.

MTfan4life
December 17th, 2012, 06:56 PM
First Biermann from Hardin in 2007 and now Schreibeis from Billings West this season. Second home-grown Montanan to win the Buchanan in six seasons! Well done!

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 17th, 2012, 06:56 PM
You're totally right, the best defensive player in the entire nation is actually horrible, not deserving of a single first team all american award or the buck buchanan award, he might as well quit football and college all together and go live in the middle of nowhere and be a bum.

CrazyCat
December 17th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I'm going to assume this kid is overrated and sucks just like Jody Owens and DeNarius McGhee. You guys have a helluva PR guy up in Bozoman.

He's a very smart, humble, and hard working kid who has already done more in his life than you could ever dream of.

xcoach2
December 17th, 2012, 06:59 PM
You're totally right, the best defensive player in the entire nation is actually horrible, not deserving of a single first team all american award or the buck buchanan award, he might as well quit football and college all together and go live in the middle of nowhere and be a bum.

I don't think he'd start at Sam to be honest. What was his stat line versus the Kats? McGhee and Owens really lit it up huh?

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 17th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I don't think he'd start at Sam to be honest. What was his stat line versus the Kats? McGhee and Owens really lit it up huh?

Owens hardly played, genius. He got hurt in the 2nd quarter..

Also, you couldn't be more right, he's only the best defensive player in the nation. No way he'd even be a backup at the Sam.

xcoach2
December 17th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Owens hardly played, genius. He got hurt in the 2nd quarter..

Also, you couldn't be more right, he's only the best defensive player in the nation. No way he'd even be a backup at the Sam.

He's the best defensive player in the nation just like McGhee should be a 1st team AA QB right? Like I said, y'all have a fantatsic PR professional in Bozoman. Schreibeis was a non-factor versus SHSU.

catbob
December 17th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Congrats to Schreibeis! Forced fumble king. Montana kid, gotta love it.

Seawolf97
December 17th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Congratulations to him and the Montana State faithfullxthumbsupx

BadlandsBison
December 17th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Congrats. Nice to see at least one player in the Big Fluffy knows how to tackle. :)

Walkon79
December 17th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Don't feed the Xtroll anymore! He'll be gone in a few weeks when NDSU DESTROYS his Kats, again!

See ya next December, ---hole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HannahO
December 17th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Congrats to the kid, but hate to agree with the troll... MSU must have a hell of a PR rep because this isn't the guy that keeps OC's from having a good night's sleep. Kind of a huh? pick.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 17th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Congrats to the kid, but hate to agree with the troll... MSU must have a hell of a PR rep because this isn't the guy that keeps OC's from having a good night's sleep. Kind of a huh? pick.

Led the nation in forced fumbles, tied for 4th in total sacks, tied for 14th in TFL's. The only argument you could make is his exceptionally low amount of tackles, but he does play in a defense that is more so set up for the linebackers to get the tackles, and that's who lead our team in tackles.

xcoach2
December 18th, 2012, 08:02 AM

I don't think his name was called once versus Sam Houston State. P' much all of their AA types **** the bed (just like last year). Andrew Weaver at Sam is better than this kid.

Apphole
December 18th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Kimbrough will certainly be missed in the middle next year.

I wonder if he would have won the award if McCrae wasn't in the running? Having multiple players on the ballot splits votes a lot.

Both will be playing on Sundays.

GtFllsGriz
December 18th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Great accomplishment. Congratulations to him and Bobcat nation.

100%GRIZ
December 18th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Congrats to Schreibeis - But of course since he is not from Texas he is not worthy!

Walkon79
December 18th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I don't think his name was called once versus Sam Houston State. P' much all of their AA types **** the bed (just like last year). Andrew Weaver at Sam is better than this kid.

Since you think you know so much, how many "plays" should a DE make against an option team?

xcoach2
December 18th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Since you think you know so much, how many "plays" should a DE make against an option team?

Sam is not an option team. The option is a package for Sam, not their base offense. They'll use it more some games and less others. Did Sam not throw the ball pretty well vs the Bobcats?

slostang
December 18th, 2012, 09:50 AM

Sam is not an option team. The option is a package for Sam, not their base offense. They'll use it more some games and less others. Did Sam not throw the ball pretty well vs the Bobcats?

Just another humble and gracious Bare Cat fan. Don't let him bother you Walkon79.

catbob
December 18th, 2012, 09:59 AM

That's why he won the award... no one planned around him, and they payed for it all season long. He was relentless, ran down running backs from the opposite side of the line, and chased QBs all over.

Was he the best defensive player in FCS? I can't say that, I haven't seen everyone play. But he played in a very good defense on a very good team from a power conference, so that never hurts either. He had at least a 1/2 sack n every regular season game he played in, and forced a fumble 7 times in 10 games, 8 when you through in the two playoff games. He played in 10 games vs 11 for I assume the other front-runners for the award, due to a questionable suspension early in the season.

That forced fumble stat is really what won it for him - 8 in a season is pretty crazy.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 18th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Congrats to Schreibeis - But of course since he is not from Texas he is not worthy!

+1, xcoach likes to completely ignore my comments when I tell him he had 7 tackles against Sam, which isn't bad in any game, not amazing, but not bad at all either.

xcoach2
December 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM
+1, xcoach likes to completely ignore my comments when I tell him he had 7 tackles against Sam, which isn't bad in any game, not amazing, but not bad at all either.

Post the box score. He should make tackles against Sam. Sam options off the DE and he's unblocked most snaps. Alt - 0 sacks, 0 FF's. Sam's DE's were all over McGhee.

CrazyCat
December 18th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I was unaware that this award went to the best defensive player in a quarterfinal game.

catbob
December 18th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I was unaware that this award went to the best defensive player in a quarterfinal game.

Yup. In fact I don't even think they take postseason into account in the voting, right?

Good thing the committee isn't as short-sighted. :)

MplsBison
December 18th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Congrats!

Question: who votes on this award?

xcoach2
December 18th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Congrats!

Question: who votes on this award?

Someone from MSU many times apparently. They have the best SID in the universe.

wapiti
December 18th, 2012, 03:01 PM

Why do you hate MSU so much?

xcoach2
December 18th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Why do you hate MSU so much?

No hate whatsoever. Just not sure how all these MSU players keep winning awards and then go silent against good competition. I don't think this kid would start at Sam.

wapiti
December 18th, 2012, 03:19 PM
No hate whatsoever. Just not sure how all these MSU players keep winning awards and then go silent against good competition. I don't think this kid would start at Sam.

It seems that a good number of your posts are anti MSU, I do not recall you ever posting anything positive about MSU.

and if you would really stop to think about it you are saying the commitee that did this voting is made up of idiots and made a very poor choice.
Maybe for future voting the commitees should be disbanded and have you decide on the awards.

and based on your username and your bitterness towards MSU, would your last name happen to be Hauck?

xcoach2
December 18th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Grats' on a hollow award then. I don't the kid deserved but it seems more important to you guys than myself. I'll just shift my focus back to what matters most (Frisco).

catbob
December 18th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Grats' on a hollow award then. I don't the kid deserved but it seems more important to you guys than myself. I'll just shift my focus back to what matters most (Frisco).

Really... it was so important to you that you brought it up in two different threads (that I know of) saying he wasn't worthy. Seems to me it is pretty important to you.

But by all means, please shift your focus away from it - no one is enjoying your drivel in these threads anyway.

catbob
December 18th, 2012, 04:36 PM

So you are one of those guys. Guys that don't think Marino should be in the hall of fame since he never won a Super Bowl kind of guys. Steve Nash is awful since he never even made it to a finals. Barry Sanders never got stuffed in the playoffs, nope not once (more like almost every single playoff game he was in).