PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket holders

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2012, 02:26 PM
This is genuinely not meant to be smack, at all. (Why do I always have to preface any thread with this?)

How many season ticket holders does Sam Houston have? The reason I ask is because when looking at your ticket allotment disbursement (I'm always curious about things like that), it said season ticket holders have until whatever date to purchase tickets.

Since the school only gets 4k, does that mean you have enough for every season ticket holder?

Bearkat-Backer
December 17th, 2012, 02:29 PM
We only have about 1000 season ticket holders.

Sammy94
December 17th, 2012, 02:33 PM
4,000 went roughly:

1,000 students
1,500 season ticket holders and other large donators
1,500 general public with a $100 donation to the athletic dept. (This option is sold out)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2012, 02:35 PM
We only have about 1000 season ticket holders.

Not great for the university but pretty good for them when you're looking for tickets. It's an absolute blood bath getting tickets on our end. They assign "priority points" based on Booster, donations, season tickets, etc and it was my understanding that they only got to number 800 on the list of 30,000 last year

Those that are more familiar with the situation, please correct me.

xcoach2
December 17th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Not great for the university but pretty good for them when you're looking for tickets. It's an absolute blood bath getting tickets on our end. They assign "priority points" based on Booster, donations, season tickets, etc and it was my understanding that they only got to number 800 on the list of 30,000 last year

Those that are more familiar with the situation, please correct me.

Why didn't you purchase them in advance? It's not like you spend any money going to Bison games in the season. You could have gotten 4 for a hundo (total) with 4 drinks/hot dogs. You gambled, sorry.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Why didn't you purchase them in advance? It's not like you spend any money going to Bison games in the season. You could have gotten 4 for a hundo (total) with 4 drinks/hot dogs. You gambled, sorry.

I got my tickets today, no worries. I'm just asking an honest question.

Winindy
December 17th, 2012, 02:45 PM
They might get a lot deeper on that list this year. Many people bought their tickets when they went on sale this year. The game sold out in what, September?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2012, 02:51 PM
They might get a lot deeper on that list this year. Many people bought their tickets when they went on sale this year. The game sold out in what, September?

pretty much, there was a pretty big rush. They are also limiting the number of tickets you can get from 25 down to 10. NDSU has 12,000 season ticket holders so even then a lot of people will have to go elsewhere.

Hammerhead
December 17th, 2012, 02:52 PM
NDSU is limiting tickets to 10 per request, not 25 like last year, so that should help them get further down the priority point list.

xcoach2
December 17th, 2012, 02:52 PM

I was still able to buy several $30 tickets the first weekend of October. IIRC the midfield tickets were gone in the middle of September.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I think the sides are switched this year for the fans. Where Sam was last year is now Bison area and vice versa.

swaghook
December 17th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I think the sides are switched this year for the fans. Where Sam was last year is now Bison area and vice versa.

Technically correct but with the amount of tickets purchased early by Bison fans the only solid orange area in the stadium other then the SHSU band will be the 4k alloment to the school.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Technically correct but with the amount of tickets purchased early by Bison fans the only solid orange area in the stadium other then the SHSU band will be the 4k alloment to the school.

True. Most of the tickets purchased this summer and fall from the NCAA had ND/MN zip codes. Plus the demand for NDSU's share is the same as last year.....wow!

There will be more Bison fans this year.

IMO, it will be a 60/40 or even better split for NDSU.

xcoach2
December 18th, 2012, 08:04 AM
IMO, it will be a 60/40 or even better split for NDSU.

It will be more like 70/30 for NDSU.