PDA

View Full Version : To ASU and GSU

woffordgrad94
December 15th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I just want you guys to know that I personally have no issues with you guys wanting to make the jump to FBS. You both have multiple FCS titles and have accomplished about all there is to accomplish at this level. FBS is a step up, not a "lateral move", but you both have the facilities and the fanbases to make a good go at it. A lot of people have pooh-poohed the smaller bowl games that Sun Belt teams participate in. But these bowl games are a nice reward for a good season for players and fans alike- you get to go to a new town and explore it for about a week, the players get a nice gift package and participate in fun activities, and you get to play on national television. And yes, these low bowls get more exposure and viewership than the FCS playoff games (even the championship). I watch most of the bowl games when I can- a lot of them are exciting, hard-fought games. Being FBS always makes a school more visible and well known to people, even if it is sometimes just by a small bit. As a Wofford grad, there is no doubt that I would miss exciting rivalry SoCon games with both ASU and GSU. But you guys have to do what you think is best for you- to not do so would just be holding yourselves back. If you do leave FCS, then good luck to you and I will be watching you.

The Moody1
December 15th, 2012, 05:52 PM
And I will be watching your avatar. xeyebrowx Good post.

GATA_Eagles
December 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Wofford's program has gained my respect since I started following Georgia Southern. Well coached team and they always play tough. I'll probably follow Wofford if/when we move up for quite a few years, or at least until Ayers retires

ST_Lawson
December 15th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I agree with this. If ASU and GSU move up to FBS, I'll be rooting for you guys to be the next Boise State(s).

OL FU
December 15th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I will be repeating what I have said for years. you have to do what is best for your insitution. Just don't bash FCS after and if you leave.

GSC75
December 15th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I will be repeating what I have said for years. you have to do what is best for your insitution. Just don't bash FCS after and if you leave.

.........are you kidding? We got 3/4 the GSU fans bashing the SoCon NOW.... I will miss stumpy and flagman...... waaaaaaaa......., my dentist is a wofford grad so at least I won't be completely out of the loop with woffie...

citdog
December 15th, 2012, 09:04 PM
.........are you kidding? We got 3/4 the GSU fans bashing the SoCon NOW.... I will miss stumpy and flagman...... waaaaaaaa......., my dentist is a wofford grad so at least I won't be completely out of the loop with woffie...

it's sad they don't remember how badly you wanted in and how happy you were to be invited.

CID1990
December 15th, 2012, 10:03 PM
it's sad they don't remember how badly you wanted in and how happy you were to be invited.

And how pissy W&M and Richmond were!

Look at all of us who stayed!

344Johnson
December 15th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Honestly, what happens to the SoCon if the App and GSU leave? As far as playoff bids....one would imagine the At-Large opportunities goes wayy down.

citdog
December 15th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Honestly, what happens to the SoCon if the App and GSU leave? As far as playoff bids....one would imagine the At-Large opportunities goes wayy down.

haven't you been paying attention? we'll still have the chattanooga mocs.

in all seriousness the teams that finished 7-4 in the league this year could have done just as well as the teams that made the field did.

pbr1893
December 15th, 2012, 10:42 PM
first off...respectfully, the phrase "pooh-poohed" and football talk should never co-mingle. secondly...this is about the student athlete...right? so why travel to bfe texas to play in a 15k crowd arena instead of playing locally. im on the fence...move up yes...but i wanna be able to travel to more games than just a school in atlanta thats located in one high rise. as for your avatar...i'd eat the hair off that thang!...but somehow knowing the times, i doubt any hair follicle resides on that body....ags moderators...punish me fast....

344Johnson
December 15th, 2012, 10:52 PM

in all seriousness the teams that finished 7-4 in the league this year could have done just as well as the teams that made the field did.

lol, i cant believe I forgot about Chattanooga. #TerrellOwens

I don't doubt those teams were good this year. Just like the Valley, I believe the "mid-tier teams in the SoCon are competitive, but each conference tends to have it's top dogs, and when you lose both of them, it just seems like, at least short-term, there would be a vacuum.

Southern Bison
December 15th, 2012, 11:06 PM

It will definitely propel Wofford into the presumptive AQ spot with 1 or 2 other schools that have the potential to be an at-large. Could we see a Catamount playoff team? Stranger things have happened!

walliver
December 15th, 2012, 11:11 PM
lol, i cant believe I forgot about Chattanooga. #TerrellOwens

I don't doubt those teams were good this year. Just like the Valley, I believe the "mid-tier teams in the SoCon are competitive, but each conference tends to have it's top dogs, and when you lose both of them, it just seems like, at least short-term, there would be a vacuum.

Wofford has made the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years, it's not like there will be a complete vacuum at the top.
Citadel was at-large eligible this year, and Chatty and Samford would have been if they hadn't played D-2 teams.
IF ASU and GSU announce a move this year, the SoCon might fall a little short next year since ASU and GSU would not be play-off eligible but would still play a full conference schedule.

eaglewraith
December 16th, 2012, 12:42 AM

I'll miss the trips to Greenville honestly. I haven't missed a Furman game since 2001. I hope we could still possibly get you guys on the schedule at some point.

But if you run a double slot formation against us like you did against UF.....I will say a lot of very bad things about you :p

CID1990
December 16th, 2012, 07:39 AM

It will destroy the SoCon just like the departure of Marshall, ECU, and WVU.

OL FU
December 16th, 2012, 08:32 AM

I know they do. Fortunately, all of you don't.

Furman GSU and Furman ASU have been very good rivalries. Not over yet. But I am sure it will be one day in the not too distant future.

Blue Eagle
December 16th, 2012, 09:39 AM

Most Ga Southern fans have been bashing the SoCon officials - with good reason - not SoCon teams!!

In fact, the Eagle fans I know have a lot of respect for the other SoCon teams!!

gsu_paintballer
December 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM

You think The Citadel would have made the semis and missed out on the 'ship by three points?

CID1990
December 16th, 2012, 10:20 AM
You think The Citadel would have made the semis and missed out on the 'ship by three points?

The Citadel beat the team that did, so your point?

SpeedkingATL
December 16th, 2012, 10:21 AM
No reason to bash the SoCon as it is a really good FCS conference and I have really enjoyed the rivalrys and trips to places like Greenville, Chatty, Birmingham and Charleston. Still waiting to see what happens as no offer to Sun Belt has gone out to the best of my knowledge. I hope that invite comes but if it doesn't it wouldn't kill me to remain in the SoCon a while longer. It would hurt the SoCon in football short term if App and GaSo leave but the Chatty, Sammy, and Citadel programs are certainly on the upswing and Wofford and Furman are hsitorically playoff caliber programs. I'm sure some teams would step up and fill the void and who knows who the new additions might be.

gsu_paintballer
December 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM
The Citadel beat the team that did, so your point?

That the transitive property means absolutely nothing in football. Surely you're more intelligent than to believe it works that way.

Saint3333
December 16th, 2012, 11:12 AM

It would depend on who is added.

citdog
December 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM

yes. I also think we would have gotten it done in Fargo. Unlike GSU we have disciplined football players who do not hurt their team due to a lack of discipline. And a qb who can do the same things Mckinnon does. Some of them even better. NDSU would have had to BEAT us......not just take advantage of the stupid things we did to help them.

gsu_paintballer
December 16th, 2012, 12:05 PM
yes. I also think we would have gotten it done in Fargo. Unlike GSU we have disciplined football players who do not hurt their team due to a lack of discipline. And a qb who can do the same things Mckinnon does. Some of them even better. NDSU would have had to BEAT us......not just take advantage of the stupid things we did to help them.

And we'll never know, because the rest of the season was choked away by the 'dogs.

citdog
December 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM
And we'll never know, because the rest of the season was choked away by the 'dogs.

we had a FINE season and 2013 is OUR year. looking forward to visiting pigs ***, ga for perhaps the final time.

Saint3333
December 16th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Is Citdog the new chattown?

citdog
December 16th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Is Citdog the new chattown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4YLUVDPFbQ

pokefan02
December 16th, 2012, 02:56 PM
If GSU and/or App State move to the Sun Belt, it would give Cowboy fans teams to root for in the conference. I just hope it doesn't happen until App makes it to the hole to play us.

Saint3333
December 16th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Citdog, you beat App, congrats, but you still have to kiss the ring of the champs.

AppAlum2003
December 16th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Hey guys, I just gave Charlie Cobb a call. I let him know woffordgrad94 gave us his blessing to move to FBS. He mentioned something about sitting on some invite and that he was going to go ahead with it now.

seantaylor
December 17th, 2012, 12:54 AM
The Citadel won't ever win more than 7 games, and it will be a long time before they win 7 again.

CID1990
December 17th, 2012, 06:30 AM
That the transitive property means absolutely nothing in football. Surely you're more intelligent than to believe it works that way.

I know. I was merely giving a silly answer to a silly question.

We choked in mid season, but after that debacle we were coming back to form at the end of the season. Our loss to Wofford was very much along the lines of the GSU loss to NDSU.

So yeah, I think we would have represented well in the playoffs. Better than ASU, anyways... but you have to beat the Samfords of the world if you want to dance.

PaladinFan
December 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM

Furman scored more points on Wofford than North Dakota State did. Hand over the trophy.

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2012, 07:31 AM

You must be drinking to much moonshine if you think you could have come into the FargoDome and beat NDSU. Bigger and better teams have tried all year, with one succeding. Yet we are playing for
the championship and your at home living in a fanatsy world. Maybe next year we will see you....but that's a big maybe my friend.

pike51
December 17th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Wow... who woulda thunk that Citadel has an ok season and all of a sudden they are the new Chattanooga? What's next, an SEC invite?

citdog
December 17th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Wow... who woulda thunk that Citadel has an ok season and all of a sudden they are the new Chattanooga? What's next, an SEC invite?

the only people waiting for an invite anywhere are you and app.

http://abattybroad.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/hookers.jpg

AppAlum2003
December 17th, 2012, 09:32 AM

I'm assuming we're the one in the black and yellow?

pike51
December 17th, 2012, 09:45 AM

Citdog had one hell of a Saturday afternoon I see.

walliver
December 17th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Today is the first business day after GSU's last game, isn't there supposed to be a big press conference today announcing their move?

GATA_Eagles
December 17th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Today is the first business day after GSU's last game, isn't there supposed to be a big press conference today announcing their move?

Nothing was ever set in stone, just internet rumors. That coupled with the Big East blowing up doesn't help our case any right now. Waiting for one conference to go for the bait, then I would expect an invite for either GSU/ASU.

PaladinFan
December 17th, 2012, 09:57 AM

Wake me up when something happens. We'll have another six months of this.

They may get an invite, but the SunBelt waiting for GSU's season to finish to make a public announcement is nonsense. When ever has an announcement on a college football-related anything been delayed until a team's season is over. All of that stuff is announced as soon as the ink dries, whether it is a conference change or a new coaching hire.

citdog
December 17th, 2012, 10:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04aCp3ej-I

ASU_Fanatic
December 17th, 2012, 10:06 AM
How is Southern getting invited over App

TELL ME CITDOG

Apphole
December 17th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I don't understand why everyone thinks the Sunbelt was waiting for the Stink to lose in the playoffs before they made their invites public.

The Sunbelt will do what it has done throughout the past two years of realignment and that is be reactive.

When the big east/catholic school debacle is starting to settle, the Sunbelt will make it's additions. GaSo will absolutely be one of them and the only way Appalachian will not is if Charlie doesn't want it.

hapapp
December 17th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Amazing how quickly we are willing to jump on the roller coaster. My guess is at best there are several more ups and downs before there is any resolution to this ride. In the end, we may get off exactly where we started. For conferences and athletic administrators there is a lot more to consider than we fans have to ponder. For us fans its all about what if and perception. For those who have to actually make the decision there is much more to consider including the bottom line.

citdog
December 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM
How is Southern getting invited over App

TELL ME CITDOG

i don't think either of you are getting invited anywhere. just a couple of ho's all dressed up and nowhere to go......kind of like being in boone or pigs ***.

boogereagle
December 17th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Most Ga Southern fans have been bashing the SoCon officials - with good reason - not SoCon teams!!

In fact, the Eagle fans I know have a lot of respect for the other SoCon teams!!

So in fact do the Eagle fans I know. But that's only a small majority of the so-called Eagle Nation, which has been sounding the drumbeat for FBS for years -- often nauseatingly so.

I'd say the SoCon is pretty routinely ripped as a conference on gsufans.com, and that includes refs, level of competition and all by folks who claim the SoCon is small potatoes and FBS is in the best interest of Georgia Southern.

I don't agree with it.

TheRevSFA
December 17th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Knock Knock....

AppAlum2003
December 17th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Knock Knock....

I'll bite.

Who's there?

TheRevSFA
December 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I'll bite.

Who's there?

Not the Sun Belt invites for App State and Georgia Southern.

Bah dum tsss

ASUMountaineer
December 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
i don't think either of you are getting invited anywhere. just a couple of ho's all dressed up and nowhere to go......kind of like being in boone or pigs ***.

Kind of like Israel (or SC for that matter) getting all dressed up waiting for more handouts from the Late United States, no?

ASUMountaineer
December 17th, 2012, 12:28 PM

Bah dum tsss

I did NOT see that coming! xlolx

TheRevSFA
I did NOT see that coming! xlolx

:D xnodx

AppAlum2003

Bah dum tsss

Worst. Knock-Knock-Joke. Ever.

TheRevSFA
December 17th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Worst. Knock-Knock-Joke. Ever.

Oh I don't know..it doesn't get old :D

WUTNDITWAA
December 17th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Oh I don't know..it doesn't get old :D

I think I'd rather take a good ol' Bangkok joke to the mid-section. Far less painful.

PaladinFan
December 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
So in fact do the Eagle fans I know. But that's only a small majority of the so-called Eagle Nation, which has been sounding the drumbeat for FBS for years -- often nauseatingly so.

I'd say the SoCon is pretty routinely ripped as a conference on gsufans.com, and that includes refs, level of competition and all by folks who claim the SoCon is small potatoes and FBS is in the best interest of Georgia Southern.

I don't agree with it.

Not once - not a single time - have I ever seen Georgia Southern lose where the refs were not the primary cause.

GlassOnion
December 17th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Not once - not a single time - have I ever seen Georgia Southern lose where the refs were not the primary cause.

And Furman would be a close second.

Eagle11
December 17th, 2012, 03:56 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't see anyone blaming the refs for the loss to NDSU. It had to do with poor discipline and the fact that NDSU is a damn good team.

But hey, I guess when you're a Furman fan, you have to look for ways to make yourself feel better.

woffordgrad94
December 17th, 2012, 10:37 PM
ASU and GSU will go...it is just a matter of when. Those who say they don't think so are just trying to delude themselves.

PaladinFan
December 18th, 2012, 07:36 AM
ASU and GSU will go...it is just a matter of when. Those who say they don't think so are just trying to delude themselves.

I have always said it was a two part question. First, is it financially feasible to make the move? Second, if it is financially feasible, then is there a conference that will extend the offer?

Realistically, I just don't see this as a "football" question. A well-known author on law practice management once wrote (in the context of combining practices) that "two lawyers can starve twice as fast as one." I think that has some applicability here. These conferences already have hungry mouths to feed, and I can appreciate there is reluctance on their behalf to add more to the grocery bill. There are a lot of factors at play beyond simply "have we outgrown the SoCon."

At days end, I do think GSU would take the invite and leave tomorrow if given the opportunity. I get the impression that App State would be a bit more cautious. I think a large part of that has to do with the states they are in. GSU is really the only competitor for the football dollars that stay in the state and does not get sucked up by UGA/GT. App State has a much more crowded pool. That is, I think their margin for error in the decision is significantly smaller.

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Well in spite of all the rumors App and us are still here. I am not one of the "FBS at all cost" Eagle fans anyway. It appears all the talk of us leaving the conference was just that-- talk.

asumike83
December 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Well in spite of all the rumors App and us are still here. I am not one of the "FBS at all cost" Eagle fans anyway. It appears all the talk of us leaving the conference was just that-- talk.

All of this Big East craziness did slow up the process a bit but I still think at least one of the two will announce their departure at some point this offseason. Once that situation settles down, I expect we'll see some more dominoes begin to fall.

Apphole
December 19th, 2012, 11:57 AM
All of this Big East craziness did slow up the process a bit but I still think at least one of the two will announce their departure at some point this offseason. Once that situation settles down, I expect we'll see some more dominoes begin to fall.

What the hell are we gonna do without all the knock knock jokes? xbawlingx

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2012, 12:02 PM
What the hell are we gonna do without all the knock knock jokes? xbawlingx

Knock knock....

AppAlum2003
December 19th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Knock knock....

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXEZwjS9fIjAttgKF9ZeXqiYD9m8DND NfXuBt7eUMSOzvWJPuDwoLyPuvO4w

pike51
December 19th, 2012, 01:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6wV7rAKMNE

BillyWalsh
December 20th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I get the impression that App State would be a bit more cautious......

I think that Appalachian will be quite cautious. I feel strongly that they are waiting for the ever changing conference environment of college football to "shakeout" so to speak. I highly doubt we would want to be apart of SBC if teams from there will be poached to join C-USA soon. The announcement of a jump from FCS to FBS may not come as soon as we expect. I will be waiting albeit patiently!

The Eagle's Cliff
December 20th, 2012, 01:53 PM
At days end, I do think GSU would take the invite and leave tomorrow if given the opportunity. I get the impression that App State would be a bit more cautious. I think a large part of that has to do with the states they are in. GSU is really the only competitor for the football dollars that stay in the state and does not get sucked up by UGA/GT. App State has a much more crowded pool. That is, I think their margin for error in the decision is significantly smaller.

DING!! DING!! DING!! We have a winner!!!

This is the key to why Ga Southern needs to be FBS. We're losing recruits to Troy, Middle Tenn, Western Ky, and even some MAC schools because the player wants to be in "D1". We're also losing market share due to the unfair perception that FCS is "D2". Baseball, Basketball, and others also take a hit because recruiters have to explain the difference between D1, D2, and FCS.

The sad fact is that a Tuesday night game between Arkansas State and North Texas on ESPN will have a higher rating than the FCS National Championship.

Apphole
December 20th, 2012, 02:06 PM
The sad fact is that a Tuesday night game between Arkansas State and North Texas on ESPN will have a higher rating than the FCS National Championship.

Careful. According to the bleeding hearts of AGS, that kind of talk is considered "thumbing your nose" at the subdivision. How could you ever be so arrogant and ungrateful xrolleyesx

eaglewraith
December 20th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Careful. According to the bleeding hearts of AGS, that kind of talk is considered "thumbing your nose" at the subdivision. How could you ever be so arrogant and ungrateful xrolleyesx

Funny enough, I heard no complaints from those people about playing a semifinal game on a Friday night. I was led to believe that playing on a day other than Saturday was evil and wouldn't be worth watching.

TheRevSFA
December 20th, 2012, 02:14 PM
The FCS championship averages over a 1.0...anyone have numbers on Tuesday night football? I mean there are some bowls who don't make 1.0

citdog
December 20th, 2012, 02:32 PM

link please

AppAlum2003
December 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM
link please

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/nx4/char/link-twilight-princess-bright.jpg

Apphole
December 20th, 2012, 03:40 PM
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/nx4/char/link-twilight-princess-bright.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AppAlum2003 again.

PaladinFan
December 20th, 2012, 05:01 PM
link please

I remember Arkansas State played a Tuesday night game (maybe last year). It was foggy. Reported attendance was 15,000. Stands looked about 1/3 full.

boogereagle
December 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM

Why is it a sad fact? What does that have to do with anything other than the fact more people might watch one game over another?

More people eat at McDonalds in an hour than will dine at Smoakies Barbecue in a month, but I prefer Smoakies. More people listened to Michael Jackson last week than probably ever heard of Jimmy Dale Gilmore, but I'd rather hear Jimmy Dale Gilmore sing "Dallas" over Jackson doing "Beat it" any day of the week.

Silly, this idea that one has to be in front of more folks to matter.

AppAlum2003
December 20th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Why is it a sad fact? What does that have to do with anything other than the fact more people might watch one game over another?

More people eat at McDonalds in an hour than will dine at Smoakies Barbecue in a month, but I prefer Smoakies. More people listened to Michael Jackson last week than probably ever heard of Jimmy Dale Gilmore, but I'd rather hear Jimmy Dale Gilmore sing "Dallas" over Jackson doing "Beat it" any day of the week.

Silly, this idea that one has to be in front of more folks to matter.

Wait, I just realized your name is booger-eagle. Nice.

asumike83
December 20th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Wait, I just realized your name is booger-eagle. Nice.

http://sociallydefined.com/sites/default/files/styles/polaroid/public/booger_revenge_nerds2.jpg

bisonwest
December 20th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I have no doubt that these two programs will be successful at the next level. I understand that the financial aspect plays a big part in this move. But as a fan, I cannot fathom getting as excited to play in a crap bowl game as I do for a chance to play for a national title. I'm sorry, but that system will be broken (especially for small schools) until they institute a REAL playoff system. Not 4 ******ing teams! Call me when it's 16-20 teams with auto bids. Unfortunately the FBS will never get it's head out of it's ***.

Darlinikki150
December 20th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I have no doubt that these two programs will be successful at the next level. I understand that the financial aspect plays a big part in this move. But as a fan, I cannot fathom getting as excited to play in a crap bowl game as I do for a chance to play for a national title. I'm sorry, but that system will be broken (especially for small schools) until they institute a REAL playoff system. Not 4 ******ing teams! Call me when it's 16-20 teams with auto bids. Unfortunately the FBS will never get it's head out of it's ***.

The BCS switches to playoffs in 2 yrs, as I have been told by my Oregon Ducks friend. So maybe there is hope.

eaglewraith
December 20th, 2012, 09:48 PM

The problem with waiting for more teams in the playoffs, is that you might not have the chance to move up then. Now is the time to be positioning yourself for that future possibility. That's part of the big rush to move now, especially with all the shifts that are going on now. Once this tidal wave of realignment finally gets past us, it might not happen again for many years. We've missed a couple of opportunities to move up in the past, and I think it would be foolish to pass a third time.

GSU Eagle
December 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM
One poster on our board today said SB commissioner in a radio interview on a Louisiana station today said that the next 2 SB additions would be in the east. Said that 4-5 schools have already indicated that if offered an invite they would accept. If one is talking teams in the east Appalachian and Ga. Southern probably are at the top of the list. Time will tell. Maybe James Madison, Liberty, UT-Chattanooga ???

The Moody1
December 22nd, 2012, 08:26 AM
One poster on our board today said SB commissioner in a radio interview on a Louisiana station today said that the next 2 SB additions would be in the east. Said that 4-5 schools have already indicated that if offered an invite they would accept. If one is talking teams in the east Appalachian and Ga. Southern probably are at the top of the list. Time will tell. Maybe James Madison, Liberty, UT-Chattanooga ???

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20121222/SPORTS/212220331/Sun-Belt-expansion-hold?nclick_check=1

Some more information.

woffordgrad94
December 22nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Chattanooga?!?! They would REALLY **** the bed if they went FBS right now. At best, they'd be another UMass.

mountaineer in Cane Land
December 22nd, 2012, 04:00 PM
to be honest there are alot of schools that are in the discussions of moving up, that have no business even thinking about the move, but, when your in a decent market anything freckin possible. Said it before, in a perfect world, App, GS, JMU,and others could form a great new regional conference, based on location rather than market, I guess this just makes too much sense.

ASU_Fanatic
December 22nd, 2012, 10:50 PM
if app doesn't get in i'm gonna kms

texcap
December 23rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
if app doesn't get in i'm gonna kms
ASU Fanatic, are you a LFC fan? I ask based on your avatar.

ASU_Fanatic
December 23rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
ASU Fanatic, are you a LFC fan? I ask based on your avatar.

Unfortunately, I indeed am. EPL soccer is amazing. Is there actually a fellow soccer fan on AGS?

citdog
December 23rd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Unfortunately, I indeed am. EPL soccer is amazing. Is there actually a fellow soccer fan on AGS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFPw5NTi1NQ

ASU_Fanatic
December 23rd, 2012, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFPw5NTi1NQ

I'm not gonna listen, I'm too busy listening to my thug music which according to you isn't even music. But what does Russia have to do with English soccer?

citdog
December 23rd, 2012, 10:12 PM
I'm not gonna listen, I'm too busy listening to my thug music which according to you isn't even music. But what does Russia have to do with English soccer?

Soccer is for communists and 7 year olds.

http://www.reflexstock.com/stock-photo-image/Girl-soccer-players-eating-orange-36188050-0.jpg

ASU_Fanatic
December 23rd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Soccer is for communists and 7 year olds.

http://www.reflexstock.com/stock-photo-image/Girl-soccer-players-eating-orange-36188050-0.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w

you're right.

citdog
December 23rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w

you're right.

lots of RED in that crowd.

ASU_Fanatic
December 23rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
lots of RED in that crowd.

because usa is red, white and blue?

citdog
December 23rd, 2012, 10:39 PM
because usa is red, white and blue?

because they're commies

ASU_Fanatic
December 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
because they're commies

lol, you know you're right...

Laker
December 23rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
Actually, other than some gathering of Americans in Paris- the title shouldn't be how the world reacted, but how the US reacted. Pretty much Americans on there.

ASU_Fanatic
December 23rd, 2012, 10:46 PM
Actually, other than some gathering of Americans in Paris- the title shouldn't be how the world reacted, but how the US reacted. Pretty much Americans on there.

Ehh, I know they should France and somewhere else Libya or something. Might have been another.

OL FU
December 24th, 2012, 06:14 AM

Not yet, but considering the statement Furman football and basketball, I am studying up on becoming a soccer fan.

woffordgrad94
December 24th, 2012, 07:24 AM
I watch the EPL some on FOX soccer channel. It's not bad. It will never beat real football, basketball, baseball, or even hockey, but it's watchable if nothing else is on.

CID1990
December 24th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Shaun Graves and Jack Douglas were the best wishbone/triple option QBs I ever saw play. More exciting to watch than JC Watts even.

AppAlum2003
December 24th, 2012, 08:56 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbnv123STI1qh0vhjo1_500.gif

walliver
December 24th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Not yet, but considering the statement Furman football and basketball, I am studying up on becoming a soccer fan.

You're getting a lacrosse team. What could be more exciting than watching rich white boys run around and hit each other with sticks?

With soccer, every time you actually touch a player, the ref starts waving little cards in the air.

texcap
December 24th, 2012, 02:07 PM

My son and I are big Liverpool FC fans. We took a trip from Texas to Baltimore this summer to watch them play Spurs. It was quite an experience. It has been a frustrating couple of years with big ups (Carling, FA last year) and big downs. Hopefully Brendan can get it turned around quickly.

"Stay Red and Never Walk Alone."

texcap
December 24th, 2012, 02:11 PM

I was really hoping to see a Furman alum (Clint Dempsey) in Liverpool this year. Big disappointment when he went to Spurs instead.

ASU_Fanatic
December 24th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I was really hoping to see a Furman alum (Clint Dempsey) in Liverpool this year. Big disappointment when he went to Spurs instead.

Ain't that the truth. I thought it was almost a done deal.

Bisonoline
December 24th, 2012, 08:24 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbnv123STI1qh0vhjo1_500.gif

xlmaox

ASU_Fanatic
December 24th, 2012, 09:27 PM
My son and I are big Liverpool FC fans. We took a trip from Texas to Baltimore this summer to watch them play Spurs. It was quite an experience. It has been a frustrating couple of years with big ups (Carling, FA last year) and big downs. Hopefully Brendan can get it turned around quickly.

"Stay Red and Never Walk Alone."
Nice, a game at Anfield is at the top of my bucket list. I can't even imagine what it's like there

hapapp
December 25th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Arsenal fan here.

cbarrier90
December 25th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Arsenal fan here.

Unfortunately seconded...