View Full Version : The FCS Wedge - Do you listen?

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I just wanted to see if there are very many on AGS that listen to it? I know there are a few that have mentioned they listen on here so I just wanted to see some sort of a count as far as a percentage of those voting as to whether people on this site listen to it much?

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Catch the reply when I can't listen live via the radio on AGS.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Catch the reply when I can't listen live via the radio on AGS.

You're an AGS "two tabber" too huh?:D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I scrub through it. That's kind of the way I listen to most podcasts.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I scrub through it. That's kind of the way I listen to most podcasts.

I wish I knew what that meant.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I wish I knew what that meant.

scrub=skip past the parts that do not interest me. It's a polite term.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2012, 08:38 PM
scrub=skip past the parts that do not interest me. It's a polite term.

Ok, got it. Not a listener, thanks for being gentle.:D

xcoach2
December 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM
You guys should have me on some time as a guest. Polarizing and riveting best describe me.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2012, 08:45 PM
You guys should have me on some time as a guest. Polarizing and riveting best describe me.

Sounds good. Give a call and I'll put ya on.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2012, 09:23 PM
You're an AGS "two tabber" too huh?:D

Maybe......:D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Ok, got it. Not a listener, thanks for being gentle.:D

Oh, I didn't mean that at all. The Big South report doesn't really do it for me. You know?

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Didn't get to catch it live, but really enjoyed listening to the rebroadcasts, when I could. Work network blocks streaming media, so had to make accommodations for non-work hours, and that runs into weekends and other fun times. Appreciate the team of volunteer reporters and AGS personalities. IMHO I thought they did very well at reporting.

TheRevSFA
December 14th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I listen to it but skip the sections I've recorded. I mean..I already know what I stumbled through.

Apphole
December 14th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Surprised to see "nah" in the lead when I would assume those who don't listen are less likely to click on this thread in the first place.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Surprised to see "nah" in the lead when I would assume those who don't listen are less likely to click on this thread in the first place.

Less likely, probably, but why not have the option for those that do look at it? Some listen, some don't so why not see what the numbers are and possibly get some information to that effect? Heck maybe someone doesn't listen because they don't know the outlets and that they could download and listen at their convenience if they felt like. That's good to know cuz I or others could tell them it's available through downloads etc.

AppIAA
December 14th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I listened to the first episode, and honestly, had no idea what was going on. I couldn't understand the intro at all and the intro lasted way too long so I turned it off. Haven't listened to one since.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I listened to the first episode, and honestly, had no idea what was going on. I couldn't understand the intro at all and the intro lasted way too long so I turned it off. Haven't listened to one since.

Yeah, it ain't for everyone. Lot of little wink and nod things that some won't get. The first episode wasn't by any means the best show as far as being polished because most of us had not done this sort of thing before and needed some learning and experience, I was chief among those needing some learning. As I said though, it won't be everyone's cup o' tea.xthumbsupx

AppIAA
December 14th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah, it ain't for everyone. Lot of little wink and nod things that some won't get. The first episode wasn't by any means the best show as far as being polished because most of us had not done this sort of thing before and needed some learning and experience, I was chief among those needing some learning. As I said though, it won't be everyone's cup o' tea.xthumbsupx

I am actually listening to the latest episode right now.. while the intro was still a "little out of control" and way too long, at least I could understand it this time...

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I am actually listening to the latest episode right now.. while the intro was still a "little out of control" and way too long, at least I could understand it this time...

As I said it's a work in progress but the intro's are themes based on something to do with that weeks story...that last one is easy to figure out, the one prior to that was all about App and also pretty easy to figure out and they will remain 3 to 4 minutes so if you don't like (understandable, people are in a hurry and so forth) you can scrub like NoDak does.

HailSzczur
December 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Try to listen afterwards, especially if I know there's something interesting, like the week with all the Ambrose rumors. I always seem to have some sort of meeting or practice going on during it though.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Try to listen afterwards, especially if I know there's something interesting, like the week with all the Ambrose rumors. I always seem to have some sort of meeting or practice going on during it though.

There aren't many that can listen live. I think the most that have been on there when it's live is about 30 people and some of the episodes have about 1500 listens on BTR without even counting itunes so you are not alone in that.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 18th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Figured I'd bump this to see if there are any more votes out there. Sorry if I'm bothering y'all but it's interesting to see if people are listening by itunes or BTR.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM
I've listened to all of them Ursus and enjoy them. I was pretty harsh in my first review but you guys are getting much better. I agree the music intro's are long but I can deal with that. I enjoyed hearing Scotty Miller on in this last one. Keep up the good work.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 21st, 2012, 04:19 PM
I've listened to all of them Ursus and enjoy them. I was pretty harsh in my first review but you guys are getting much better. I agree the music intro's are long but I can deal with that. I enjoyed hearing Scotty Miller on in this last one. Keep up the good work.

Thanks man. I like doing the cryptic (sometimes fairly obvious) message in the intro so if people don't like I get it but I'm sort of attached to that so skipping forward to the 3 min. mark is gonna have to be the compromise I think. I bet you didn't mind the outro last week too much though.xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Oh, Scott & Kooter were just fantastic on that last show too. Both guys are very knowledgeable and entertaining and Tim did some great work in that one as well to kick off the show. All of them are very cool off the air too so what you hear on air is what they are off air.

Good people.

lionsrking2
January 9th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I try to listen as much as possible but find it a little tough to follow at times ... that said, I greatly admire what you guys are doing and I'm sure it will improve as you go along ... keep up the good work!

BEAR
January 9th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I love listening because it educates me on the other conferences beyond the scores and homer opinions on AGS. xlolx Thanks for the show and keep up the great work....you too Rev. xlolx

TheRevSFA
January 9th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I love listening because it educates me on the other conferences beyond the scores and homer opinions on AGS. xlolx Thanks for the show and keep up the great work....you too Rev. xlolx

Not sure if serious..or sarcastic

BEAR
January 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Serious. I was just thinking about the carpet statements you've made that's all. I want to vote in the AGS poll next year but I wanted to be knowledgeable before I did. This show, with the guests commenting about their conference, really does help me get a bigger picture of the FCS.

citdog
January 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Serious. I was just thinking about the carpet statements you've made that's all. I want to vote in the AGS poll next year but I wanted to be knowledgeable before I did. This show, with the guests commenting about their conference, really does help me get a bigger picture of the FCS.

thanks for the compliments and for listening

ursus arctos horribilis
January 9th, 2013, 05:42 PM
thanks for the compliments and for listening

Ditto on this one Bear. Glad you enjoyed it.

Southern Bison
January 9th, 2013, 10:29 PM
So what form of attrition does Citdog have to do on the season wrap-up show since he was COMPLETELY wrong on his predication and his reasons for a SHSU win?

Love ya fellow Reb, but you bet not only on the wrong horse, it was in the wrong race too.

citdog
January 9th, 2013, 10:32 PM
So what form of attrition does Citdog have to do on the season wrap-up show since he was COMPLETELY wrong on his predication and his reasons for a SHSU win?

Love ya fellow Reb, but you bet not only on the wrong horse, it was in the wrong race too.

20 Hail Mary's and a Mikveh.

Southern Bison
January 9th, 2013, 11:21 PM
תוכלו להמיר את עצמך

citdog
January 9th, 2013, 11:35 PM
תוכלו להמיר את עצמך

http://sitfu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/sammy-davis-devil.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cqiaIdAMc5k/SyXZDg_-0eI/AAAAAAAAB6U/xheOrNm4XhE/s200/RodCarew.jpg