View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS!!! Brian Jenkins will not interview

bluedog
December 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Perryn Keys (@perrynkeys) tweeted at 8:22 PM on Wed, Dec 12, 2012:
Brian Jenkins' interview at #Southern canceled; for #teamSU, race is down to James Spady and Dawson Odums. http://t.co/KSzb9D4D
(https://twitter.com/perrynkeys/status/279048506616983552)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Twentysix
December 12th, 2012, 08:44 PM
What conference is Southern in?

eagle07
December 12th, 2012, 08:45 PM
No reason given?

DSUrocks07
December 12th, 2012, 11:55 PM
No reason given?

Rumor is that BCU made him a substantial offer that was in the realm of what Southern was offering. Other rumors are that Southern changed their minds after considering his antics on the sidelines of games.

Jenkins was the runaway favorite to get the job. Props to BCU for holding on to him. At least until he gets another offer from another FCS school or on an FBS coaching staff (barring more incidents from him).

slostang
December 13th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Rumor is that BCU made him a substantial offer that was in the realm of what Southern was offering. Other rumors are that Southern changed their minds after considering his antics on the sidelines of games.

Jenkins was the runaway favorite to get the job. Props to BCU for holding on to him. At least until he gets another offer from another FCS school or on an FBS coaching staff (barring more incidents from him).

I only saw one BCU game, but I thought he was going to blow his top or take out a ref. I do however respect what he has done at BCU.

813Jag
December 13th, 2012, 06:44 AM
The news broke at about 8:30/9:00 CST. Dr Broussard keeps things close to the vest, so any ideas right now are pure speculation.

813Jag
December 13th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I only saw one BCU game, but I thought he was going to blow his top or take out a ref. I do however respect what he has done at BCU.
Coach Richardson did that all the time at SU.

813Jag
December 13th, 2012, 06:54 AM

Your first rumor is the most plausible, #2 is a nonissue. If they were concerned he wouldn't have been a finalist. This has been a detailed search. Jenkins was the leader but Spady has been gaining steam.

bluedog
December 13th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Coach Richardson did that all the time at SU.

False

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Humble Steward
December 13th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Good luck with your search Southern. Time for us to continue with our recruiting. Jenkins is staying home.

Sonic98
December 14th, 2012, 02:55 PM
It's my understanding he wanted more time and SU didn't have any. He probably wasn't going to take the job, but the longer it went on the more he could get out BCU. Personally, if I were him I'd gone back to BCU for even 70% of what SU is offering. You have a team that just went to the playoffs. That will likely help a LITTLE BIT in recruiting. The conference just lowered to an 8 game mandate and added an extra game. That give you the chance to play a potential playoff team or two from one of the lower conferences in the regular season. Maybe he can use this as leverage to increase his budget as well. Hopefully BCU can concentrate on the weaknesses that were exposed in their playoff game.

I think Spady will be good for SU. SU has done a much better search for their coach than any SWAC school I've seen recently. The only way they could have done it better is if an assistant from one of the power FCS conferences had interviewed. I don't think that will ever happen as long as we're not eligible for playoffs.

superman7515
December 16th, 2012, 10:39 PM
It's my understanding he wanted more time and SU didn't have any.

Apparently Coach Jenkins requested more time because he was waiting to find out if he would get the offensive coordinator position at Kent State. Southern wanted to make a hire before then and he wasn't willing to pass up the chance if it was offered to him to go to the FBS.