View Full Version : UCA hires PEAK Sports management company

BEAR
December 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM
xeyebrowx Does any other FCS school use these companies? Sorry, UCA hasn't had one of these that has ever worked out. xlolx

The agreement provides UCA Athletics with a significant financial guarantee in each year that totals $3.3 million dollars over the life of the partnership. In addition, a revenue-sharing amount is distributed once thresholds are met that will considerably eclipse the aforementioned multi-million dollar guarantee.

The University of Central Arkansas Athletic Department has entered into a partnership with Peak Sports MGMT to exclusively sell corporate sponsorships, expand the market presence of UCA Athletics and provide additional staffing.

The market presence portion of the agreement provides for the building of an enhanced radio or television network and two seasonal marketing associates to enrich market presence in the Conway-to-Little Rock corridor.

http://thecabin.net/sports/college/bears/2012-12-11/uca-athletic-signs-deal-management-company#.UMiQtoagzSg

slostang
December 12th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Cal Poly use Neligan Sports (sp?).

BEAR
December 12th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cal Poly use Neligan Sports (sp?).

Does it help with school presence, funding etc?

BEAR
December 12th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Looks like an SFA grad will be handling all the UCA property. xlolx

Maybe the Rev can get a job up here and work his magic beer bottle math and UCA can go FBS in two years. xlolx

TheRevSFA
December 12th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Looks like an SFA grad will be handling all the UCA property. xlolx

Maybe the Rev can get a job up here and work his magic beer bottle math and UCA can go FBS in two years. xlolx

Actually if I ran the show at UCA, you'd have been in the playoffs every year since you came up.

I'm kind of a success story :D

KATS_21
December 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
http://peaksportsmgmt.com/

This is a pretty new company but it sounds like a great idea. I wonder if Sam Houston has looked into companies like this? We tend to rely too heavily on our AD.

BEAR
December 12th, 2012, 11:58 AM
http://peaksportsmgmt.com/

This is a pretty new company but it sounds like a great idea. I wonder if Sam Houston has looked into companies like this? We tend to rely too heavily on our AD.

I noticed that...xlolx ...and all the disgruntled fans that want him gone. xlolx

slostang
December 12th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Does it help with school presence, funding etc?

It helps with national accounts. They can sell multiple schools they represent to the big accounts.

KATS_21
December 12th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I noticed that...xlolx ...and all the disgruntled fans that want him gone. xlolx

Im not one of the disgruntled and I dont want him gone, but I do know who you are referencing.

BEAR
December 12th, 2012, 01:52 PM
It appears the Southland is very familiar with the guy that runs PEAK.

Ryan Holloway

I have been working in college athletics for eight football seasons with stops at Texas State (Marketing Assistant), Northwestern State (Assistant AD – Marketing), Rice (Assistant AD – Marketing and Tickets Sales) and KP Sports (General Manager and Regional Sales Director overseeing McNeese State and Nicholls State). It has been a hell of an experience and I have learned a ton.

kingkat99
December 12th, 2012, 02:40 PM
FIRE PAITSON and hire these guys. And 21 is one of teh few AD lovers we have. He likes mediocracy for fear of what we might replace him with.

KATS_21
December 12th, 2012, 03:23 PM
FIRE PAITSON and hire these guys. And 21 is one of teh few AD lovers we have. He likes mediocracy for fear of what we might replace him with.

Nice one......but I disagree with your comment again. Im not an AD lover, his focus is much larger than the football program only.