PDA

View Full Version : Since we've established that Jerick McKinnon is the fastest football player ever...

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2012, 12:58 PM
What world class sprinters from today and yesterday could he beat in a head to head race?

Usain Bolt - Currently the world's fastest man. Currnt world record holder in the 100M and 200M. Winner of 6 olympic gold medals and 5 world championship gold medals.

Michael Johnson - Winner of four olympic gold medals and eight world championship gold medals. Held the world record in the 200M for 13 years. Still owns he fastest 400M split in history.

Carl Lewis - Winner of 9 olympic gold medals and 8 world championship gold medals. Named the olympian of the century by Sports Illustrated.

Jesse Owens - Had perhaps the greatest olympics ever in 1936 winning 4 gold medals including the 100m and 200m. Perhaps the most impressive was that he did it in Nazi controlled Germany.

In their primes would any of these world class speedsters be able to keep with McKinnon in a foot race? Discuss.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 01:01 PM
xpopcornx

GaSouthern
December 11th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Thread Fail

Bison56
December 11th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Who?

Chuck Norris
December 11th, 2012, 01:08 PM
This is dumb

pike51
December 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Professor Chaos likes beans in his chili.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Who?

I know. Whomever they are talking about, I can't even read the name, he's so fast.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Come on guys, I'm seriously interested in this.... really....

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Chaos, you're on the right track, but I think you forgot about a few individuals that match up better with Jerick. Please add the following:

Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Marion Jones
Florence Griffith-Joyner

Eagle11
December 11th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Actually, Jayson Foster was the fastest football player ever

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Aaaaannnnddddd, we're done here.

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Heard when he shuts off the lights at night, he's in bed before the light goes out.

Chuck Norris
December 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I dont think McKinnon is the fastest player on the Georgia Southern team? He just does well with the ball and he is very athletic. I think JB is the fastest player on the Eagles team.
I know all the "BUTTBAMA" stuff with this video, but watch for #23. I think he will probably be the fastest player on the field this Friday.
http://youtu.be/orQ0vbYBvEw

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Aaaaannnnddddd, we're done here.

Sorry, buddy, the thread's moving too fast!

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2012, 01:26 PM
He's so fast, he's been to infinity and back twice.

GSeagle76
December 11th, 2012, 01:29 PM
This is nonsense....EVERYONE knows that the entire NDSUcks DEFENSE arer the fastest players in the universe!!! We should just stay home....

Apphole
December 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Swope is faster. And better.

straightshooter
December 11th, 2012, 01:55 PM
What world class sprinters from today and yesterday could he beat in a head to head race?

Usain Bolt - Currently the world's fastest man. Currnt world record holder in the 100M and 200M. Winner of 6 olympic gold medals and 5 world championship gold medals.

Michael Johnson - Winner of four olympic gold medals and eight world championship gold medals. Held the world record in the 200M for 13 years. Still owns he fastest 400M split in history.

Carl Lewis - Winner of 9 olympic gold medals and 8 world championship gold medals. Named the olympian of the century by Sports Illustrated.

Jesse Owens - Had perhaps the greatest olympics ever in 1936 winning 4 gold medals including the 100m and 200m. Perhaps the most impressive was that he did it in Nazi controlled Germany.

In their primes would any of these world class speedsters be able to keep with McKinnon in a foot race? Discuss.

Didn't take you long to run out of meaningful things to say. Kid's just a good football player, who happens to be a lot faster and quicker than the QB the Bison faced last year. The extra speed and quickness might not mean a hill of beans in the long run because the Bison may still shut GSU down. You will, however, notice a difference in the GSU offensive attack.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I heard he wears red spandex and a yellow lightning bolt underneath the GSU uniform.

straightshooter
December 11th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I dont think McKinnon is the fastest player on the Georgia Southern team? He just does well with the ball and he is very athletic. I think JB is the fastest player on the Eagles team.
I know all the "BUTTBAMA" stuff with this video, but watch for #23. I think he will probably be the fastest player on the field this Friday.
http://youtu.be/orQ0vbYBvEw

According to the Summer workouts and timings, the fastest player on the GSU team is LB John Stevenson, who ran a 4.35 40. McKinnon was at 4.38. JB was in the 4.4s,, but his top end speed is probably better than any other player for GSU.

bisonboone11
December 11th, 2012, 02:01 PM
This is nonsense....EVERYONE knows that the entire NDSUcks DEFENSE arer the fastest players in the universe!!! We should just stay home....
Come on. He is trying to get a serious analysis from some GSU fans that have witnessed his amazing speed in person. Most NDSU fans have never witnessed such amazing speed, and we are trying to come up with something to compare it with.

cbarrier90
December 11th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Actually, Jayson Foster was the fastest football player ever

Dexter Jackson (the WR) would like a word...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 02:07 PM
He's so fast he doesn't have a shadow because light can't catch up with him.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I heard he can turn back time by running west along the equator.

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2012, 02:12 PM
McKinnon doesn't text people because it's faster for him to get there in person.

xcoach2
December 11th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Gawd. You Bison fans FAIL at humor. Turrible. Sound' like a bunch of dorks.

Thunderstruck
December 11th, 2012, 02:13 PM

What about Bo? Bo Jackson's 40 yard time at the Combine was 4.12.

PaladinFan
December 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Dexter Jackson (the WR) would like a word...

Davon Fowlkes as well.

I've said this 100 times, but when football games actually become track meets, I will start caring about 40 times. If Jerrick McKinnon gets a step on the NDSU defense and has 50 yards of green, then yes, he will likely win a foot race. If he is in the backfield stutter-stepping and cutting back into the defense, he is still just as fast, but he won't be going nearly as far.

I remember the day I stopped caring about 40 times was when I read about Richie Williams pro day in Boone, when he clocked in at 4.88. I still consider Williams the shiftiest player with the ball in his hands that I've seen in the SoCon. Straight line speed was for the birds.

citdog
December 11th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Professor Chaos likes beans in his chili.

professor chaos has therefore outed himself as being.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCntJ9EyqNw

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I guess we just can't have a legitimate conversation about the fastest football player I'll ever see (or not be able to see cuz he's that fast) play. I tried.

GSeagle76
December 11th, 2012, 02:50 PM
thats right....because you all have claimed that there is nothng or no one fast than NDSU's ENTIRE DEFENSE!!!

BisonBohl
December 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Who would win a foot race Jerick McKinnon or Ditka?

GATA_Eagles
December 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
John Stevenson is actually the fastest player on our team.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2012, 02:57 PM
thats right....because you all have claimed that there is nothng or no one fast than NDSU's ENTIRE DEFENSE!!!
I just hope our guys on defense are smart enough to not try to tackle him. That will be a sure loss of limbs for anyone foolish enough to make that mistake.

GSeagle76
December 11th, 2012, 03:13 PM
that would be wise...

Twentysix
December 11th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I just hope our guys on defense are smart enough to not try to tackle him. That will be a sure loss of limbs for anyone foolish enough to make that mistake.

Theoretically, if he is moving fast enough, when our players attempt to tackle him they will simply pass through him.

straightshooter
December 11th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Swope is faster. And better.

and bigger...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Gawd. You Bison fans FAIL at humor. Turrible. Sound' like a bunch of dorks.

So says the resident ags troll.......STFU!

xcoach2
December 11th, 2012, 03:41 PM
So says the resident ags troll.......STFU!

Just call me Stepdaddy. I'm the guy you hate but whips your ***.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM

More like groundhog. You'll disappear for another year soon.

DJKyR0
December 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM
McKinnon is being consulted on interstellar travel by NASA. Currently our best propulsion methods could get us to Alpha Cetauri in about 80 years - McKinnon could get there in back over a long holiday weekend.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Warp Speed > Jayson Foster Speed > Light Speed > McKinnon Speed > Southern Speed

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM

LOL...you couldn't 'whip' much of anything....LOL

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2012, 03:58 PM
He's fast but not as fast as your typical Georgian getting into the unemployment line.....

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 03:58 PM
He's so fast, McKinnon once read all of "War and Piece" while taking a dump.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2012, 04:03 PM

Hahahaha good one!

Everyone knows GSU players can't read.

McNeese75
December 11th, 2012, 04:05 PM

Not sure I've heard of that one. Must sell at a "specialty" shop

gsu2583
December 11th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Typo, awwww "carp"

Green1
December 11th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Hahahaha good one!

Everyone knows GSU players can't read.

ZZZZZIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGG!

Eaglesrus
December 11th, 2012, 05:47 PM

I agree.

BEAR
December 11th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Coach tells him on a daily basis: You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!

Cleets
December 11th, 2012, 05:53 PM
According to the Summer workouts and timings, the fastest player on the GSU team is LB John Stevenson, who ran a 4.35 40. McKinnon was at 4.38. JB was in the 4.4s,, but his top end speed is probably better than any other player for GSU.

Ha Ha Ha... 4.35 !
Wow those are better than just about EVERY player at the NFL Combine
Jenoris Jenkins / Robert Griffen III / Lamichael James
Widely considered THE FASTEST PLAYERS in the NFL

Man,
you guys are faster than a quality NFL team

xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Bob Hayes vs Travis Williams vs Jarvis Redwine vs Jim Mandich

KeeperoftheCreek
December 11th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Ha Ha Ha... 4.35 !

Man,

xlolx
I did not want to get into this thread, but this will be my only post.

We do have timing gates and we do use them. I can not say for certainty that we used them for these summer workouts but I know we have used them.

tourguide
December 12th, 2012, 05:27 AM
If he is any relation to Jeff McKinnon from Wahpeton who played outside linebacker for the bison in the mid 90's then he is really good. if not then he most likely is soft and brittle.

Eaglesrus
December 12th, 2012, 07:23 AM
If he is any relation to Jeff McKinnon from Wahpeton who played outside linebacker for the bison in the mid 90's then he is really good. if not then he most likely is soft and brittle.

Don't have a clue if they are related, but Jerrick is far from soft; he has a reputation of being a freak in the weight room.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Don't have a clue if they are related, but Jerrick is far from soft; he has a reputation of being a freak in the weight room.

We'll see how a 5'9 200 lb QB holds up on friday....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 12th, 2012, 07:48 AM

Tirrell Rennie was 6'1" and 200lbs and he got broken in half last year.

Chuck Norris
December 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Last summer Jerick went camping. While he was asleep a rattlesnake got into his tent and bit him. The next two days were terrible, but then on the 3rd day the rattlesnake finally died. Jerick is a BAD DUDE!!

Eaglesrus
December 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM

Yes we will.

hlebichuk
December 12th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Jerick and Superman raced, the loser had to wear their underware on the outside of their pants.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 12th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Jerick and Superman raced, the loser had to wear their underware on the outside of their pants.

I'm not familiar with this "underware" is that similar to long johns or some other garment worn in North Dakota?

hlebichuk
December 12th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I'm not familiar with this "underware" is that similar to long johns or some other garment worn in North Dakota?

no...that would be Superman's costume.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 12th, 2012, 10:57 AM

You missed the point. I bolded it for you.

blueballs
December 12th, 2012, 11:04 AM
You guys are wasting your time worrying about McKinnon.... he didn't even make all conference (or even honorable mention) in the over rated "Slow Con," which to many on these forums, is like being in the finals of the retard spelling bee.

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM
You guys are wasting your time worrying about McKinnon.... he didn't even make all conference (or even honorable mention) in the over rated "Slow Con," which to many on these forums, is like being in the finals of the retard spelling bee.

Sounds like you need a weekend with the Cap'n. ;)

hlebichuk
December 12th, 2012, 11:23 AM
You missed the point. I bolded it for you.

underware...underwear...got now. I should read my own posts before I post. Sorry, the cold weather is slowing my reaction time.

hlebichuk
December 12th, 2012, 11:27 AM

xthumbsupx

citdog
December 12th, 2012, 11:29 AM

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/98885/80646663.png

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 12th, 2012, 11:37 AM

He was wareing them while he read War and Piece...............................this thread needs to be band..............................

Bobcat in NC
December 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM
He was wareing them while he read War and Piece...............................this thread needs to be band..............................

Your kidding me, right? I guess I don't see you're point...

blueballs
December 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Sounds like you need a weekend with the Cap'n. ;)

If you'd seen the photos he and D1B sent me Saturday night..... Holy Cow!!!!! Just epic in every way...

Gil, we need to hit that sports bar again. That place was pretty cool... what I remember of it. ;-)

katstrapper
December 12th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Ha Ha Ha... 4.35 !

Man,

xlolx

Fastest player runs a 4.35? On the entire team for Ga Southern? And it was a LB?

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2012, 11:52 AM
If you'd seen the photos he and D1B sent me Saturday night..... Holy Cow!!!!! Just epic in every way...

Gil, we need to hit that sports bar again. That place was pretty cool... what I remember of it. ;-)

There's actually a Bison playoff watch party Friday at that sports bar in Bloomington.

blueballs
December 12th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Fastest player runs a 4.35? On the entire team for Ga Southern? And it was a LB?

Barefooted, uphill, against the wind, and in mud.... and yes, he is a LB.

blueballs
December 12th, 2012, 11:58 AM
There's actually a Bison playoff watch party Friday at that sports bar in Bloomington.

Quite the motley crew... Blueballs, Gil Dobie, and Cap'n Cat.

citdog
December 12th, 2012, 12:04 PM

goddamn Bill is an even fatter sack of **** than he used to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwaiXdoEaM8

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2012, 12:07 PM

D1B didn't show up, all partied out. :)

straightshooter
December 12th, 2012, 01:45 PM

That would be correct. Got a bunch of guys in the 4.4s though, so the collective speed is pretty good.

seantaylor
December 12th, 2012, 04:03 PM
JM is about 215 pounds. Guy is built like a tank.

bullitt_60
December 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM
8 pages and no one has yet mentioned the lasers he can shoot from his eyes?

bisonboone11
December 12th, 2012, 04:55 PM
My guess is that it was so obvious to everyone, they felt it didn't need to be stated. It would be like saying "he has legs".

Cap'n Obvious
December 12th, 2012, 04:56 PM

That's because it's fire balls from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.............."FREEDOM!!!!!"