PDA

View Full Version : Southern Jaguars impress by first interview

bluedog
December 11th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Southern University Athletic Director William Broussard said the schools first interview for a new football coach convinced him and the search committee that the Jaguars are on the right track.

Nevada offensive tackles and tight ends coach James Spady interviewed on campus Monday before returning to Reno, Nev., to help the Wolfpack prepare for its upcoming bowl game. SU interim coach Dawson Odums is scheduled to interview Tuesday, and Bethune-Cookman coach Brian Jenkins is set to interview Thursday.

Spady is a native of Biloxi, Miss., and was a starting center for four seasons at UTEP, twice being named All-Western Athletic Conference. He has been an assistant at five colleges during his 20-year career, including a stint as offensive coordinator at Grambling from 2007-09

http://theadvocate.com/sports/southern/4651408-123/southern-jaguars-impressed-by-first
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Sonic98
December 11th, 2012, 12:52 PM
At least SU is looking for coaches with settling for ones from the SIAC, CIAA, or some other conference rival's staff. I guess they musth have a real AD. Not saying that any other particular school doesn't xrolleyesx