PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook Seawolves 2013

Redwyn
December 10th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Since our season is over - Kudos Montana State - I thought I'd solicit views about what people think SBU will turn into as part of the CAA next year.

I also wanted to pimp the school's new season in review video. Some of the best editing quality I've seen from an FCS recap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIw6ewzcFXs&feature=youtu.be

I know as far as recruiting that we're starting to lock up Long Island talent, which seems to be a decent football recruiting ground. Rumor has it we locked up a 3-star recruit yesterday, in the top 5 on LI - snatched away from Purdue and Maryland.

We lose Maysonet, Norrell, Gush, and Essington, keep Coker, Dudley, Bamiro, Coxson, and pretty much our entire O-line minus Arce the TE.

lionsrking2
December 11th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Since our season is over - Kudos Montana State - I thought I'd solicit views about what people think SBU will turn into as part of the CAA next year.

I also wanted to pimp the school's new season in review video. Some of the best editing quality I've seen from an FCS recap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIw6ewzcFXs&feature=youtu.be

I know as far as recruiting that we're starting to lock up Long Island talent, which seems to be a decent football recruiting ground. Rumor has it we locked up a 3-star recruit yesterday, in the top 5 on LI - snatched away from Purdue and Maryland.

We lose Maysonet, Norrell, Gush, and Essington, keep Coker, Dudley, Bamiro, Coxson, and pretty much our entire O-line minus Arce the TE.

Excellent video, thanks for posting! Enjoyed watching it very much!! Extremely impressed with the Stonybrook program and how far they've come in a short period of time. xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

rokamortis
December 11th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Not a complete season review video - it skips right over the Liberty game.

Redwyn
December 11th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Not a complete season review video - it skips right over the Liberty game.

I noticed that too! Then again, if you're trying to impress a recruit, probably best to gloss over that loss anyway :-p

SpeedkingATL
December 11th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Gotta admit that a few years ago I didn't even know where Stoney Brook was located. The football program has done a good job in promoting the University and giving it some positive vibe. I would expect them to be pretty competitive in the CAA and will likely get a little boost in recruiting by being a member of an FCS power conference.

TypicalTribe
December 11th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Might be a tough first year given the losses at quarterback and a Payton Award finalist at RB, but I expect the Seawolves to find their footing pretty quickly in the years to come. Getting to used to the quality of play on a weekly basis in the CAA will be the initial challenge.

walliver
December 11th, 2012, 10:21 AM
They are going from a conference with only two decent opponents (and they went 1-1 against them), to a conference where almost every team is decent.

It will be interesting to see how they do when playing good teams just about every week.

They will be competetive, but make take a year or two to get back in the playoffs.

M Ruler
December 11th, 2012, 03:00 PM
They are going from a conference with only two decent opponents (and they went 1-1 against them), to a conference where almost every team is decent.

It will be interesting to see how they do when playing good teams just about every week.

They will be competetive, but make take a year or two to get back in the playoffs.

I think that will hold true for Albany as well.

The winnable games for UA & SBU will be (no disrespect intended to any squad mentioned ) UA, SBU, Rhode Island, Maine, Wm & Mary, feel free to add any team you think will be down in 2013.

I expect both UA & SBU to be forces to be reckoned with in a couple of years. In UA's case the Capital District is home to many FCS kids we can now potentially keep. We have a great relationship with Hudson Valley Community College over in Troy (although I don't know if that is a good thing any longer) as we have gotten several good transfers from them.

The more interesting point is how well these two teams will do in 2013. I could see both teams at 4-7 or 5-6.

Tribe4SF
December 11th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I think that will hold true for Albany as well.

The winnable games for UA & SBU will be (no disrespect intended to any squad mentioned ) UA, SBU, Rhode Island, Maine, Wm & Mary, feel free to add any team you think will be down in 2013.

I expect both UA & SBU to be forces to be reckoned with in a couple of years. In UA's case the Capital District is home to many FCS kids we can now potentially keep. We have a great relationship with Hudson Valley Community College over in Troy (although I don't know if that is a good thing any longer) as we have gotten several good transfers from them.

The more interesting point is how well these two teams will do in 2013. I could see both teams at 4-7 or 5-6.

You cannot predict who will be good, or not so good in the CAA. Last year at this time Georgia State fans were penciling in wins against Richmond and Villanova.

Seawolf97
December 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Really looking forward to 2013 . I think we hold our own next year and not sure about a play off berth I agree. But we will win our share of games. This year we had a great team on both sides of the ball and Maysonet was just terrific. I dont when we can see another kid like that in an SBU uniform.

Tribal
December 11th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Glad SF beat me to it. Towson couldn't win a game a couple of years ago, UR won no CAA games last year, and Nova stunk up the joint. It's amazing what changes in one season.

TypicalTribe
December 12th, 2012, 10:17 AM
It's a lot easier to turn things around when the league isn't as good.

Who is Stony Brook playing non-conference next year?

jaghatai
December 12th, 2012, 05:37 PM
From what I remember, it's a home game against Brown, and away games against Boston College, Buffalo, and Colgate.

bojeta
December 12th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Excellent video!

Seawolf97
December 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Excellent video!

Thanks. Our Athletic Department really did a great job putting that together.