PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern fans: Who's coming to Fargo for the game?

swaghook
December 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Since the other thread on the game is all about banter and and little about anything else. I'll pose this question in it's own thread. Quite a few made it last year and was fun to have them visit. So who is making the return trip this year or coming for the first time? Opposing teams fans are always treated well at the tailgate and elsewhere in Fargo. xbeerchugx

HandoEX
December 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Since the other thread on the game is all about banter and and little about anything else. I'll pose this question in it's own thread. Quite a few made it last year and was fun to have them visit. So who is making the return trip this year or coming for the first time? Opposing teams fans are always treated well at the tailgate and elsewhere in Fargo. xbeerchugx
It was awesome to see all the GSU fans at Buffalo Would Wings across the street from the Fargodome watching the Friday night semifinal game last year. The Eagle fans in the bar chanted "Georgia" and the ones in the restaurant chanted "Southern" all evening. Had never seen opposing fans in Fargo with that kind of swagger, it was pretty badass to see another group of fans doing what we do when the Bison roam.

GATA_Eagles
December 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM
If the team travels on Thursday, I'll most likely be there.

GSUwinsagain
December 9th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I can't go because of workload, but from what I heard from GSU fans that went last year is that NDSU fans are very classy and welcoming. I hope we have alot of fans there. Safe travels to all.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
$700 plane ticket it too much for me. Approx $360 in gas for the 2,600 mile round trip drive is better, but it would take about 40 hours of total driving time. Work, kids, wife. I'm just piling on the excuses now.

This is why I was mad at the selection committee this year. Yeah, it's nice to have a shot a redemption after last year, but really one of the best parts of the playoffs is getting to play "new and different" teams. We got two out of three samesises from last year. And it's a long-a$$ way away.

Gringer1
December 9th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Fargo is a nice place and we had lots of great banter with the bison folks we met. Now if they could just install a citywide outdoor heating system.

GABison
December 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hey, we do have skyways downtown.:)

BisonBabe
December 9th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Fargo is a nice place and we had lots of great banter with the bison folks we met. Now if they could just install a citywide outdoor heating system.

Part of the charm of the area is the bitter cold, wind & snow :)

gsu_paintballer
December 9th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I'd LOVE to go, but the distance is just a little overwhelming, especially for a Friday. That trip to Norfolk sucked a lot of life out of me.

GATA
December 9th, 2012, 11:12 AM
I'd love to go out there too, but the plane ticket price was too pricey. I'll probably just have some adult beverages Friday night and watch on TV.

Southern Swarm
December 9th, 2012, 11:15 AM
With another week to prepare I could probably try to swing it but the price of the ticket combined with the fact it's a day after my last final it's just not going to happen this year.

Wilson16
December 9th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Had a blast at Wings chatting with the GSU fans last year. Especially the BIG former Eagle O lineman who said they would put 40 up on the Bison. :) I hope alot of you come back again this year.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Really wish I could make it but I can't put up that kind of money. Maybe one day!

BisonBabe
December 9th, 2012, 09:54 PM
**bump**

seantaylor
December 9th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I will be there. How's the bar at the Radisson? "Is it reasonable?"

DJKyR0
December 10th, 2012, 02:22 AM

True story: my freshman year, we had a three-weak streak where the temperature didn't get above -20 F for three weeks straight. Most miserable stretch of my life.

Also true story: my sophomore year, we got four feet of snow the day before New Year's. Of course, the plows didn't go out because of the holiday, so we had to walk to the bars in it. Pretty much Day After Tomorrow type stuff. Nasty.

Eagle22
December 10th, 2012, 05:47 AM
My son and I are coming, if the cards fall into place. I've got federal inspectors coming this week at the hospital and they generally stay two days. I never thought I'd be wanting the FDA to show up on a Monday, but I hope they come in this morning so I can get them in and out, then book a flight if I can find one.

I missed the game last year due to my second to last semester finals for my MBA class. I'd hate to miss it this year.

eaglejacket98
December 10th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I made the 25 hour drive last year, but won't be able to make it this year.

Eaglesrus
December 10th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Nope :( I guess the legend will die.

Vitojr130
December 10th, 2012, 08:09 AM
For all you GSU folks who are going to travel up here again this year, I just wanted to let you know that I'm late for work this morning because my car didn't start.... Oh, and did I mention it was plugged in last night? -7 outside as I typed this xlolx...

And for reference, the temperature last year was 34 the day of the GSU/NDSU game..

Vitojr130
December 10th, 2012, 08:14 AM
True story: my freshman year, we had a three-weak streak where the temperature didn't get above -20 F for three weeks straight. Most miserable stretch of my life.

Also true story: my sophomore year, we got four feet of snow the day before New Year's. Of course, the plows didn't go out because of the holiday, so we had to walk to the bars in it. Pretty much Day After Tomorrow type stuff. Nasty.

Your freshmen year at NDSU was my senior year in high school and in that 3 week time frame, temps in my hometown (only an hour away from Fargo) reached a whopping -30 with a wind chill of -45... I lost my first car due to this weather (didn't let 'er warm up long enough and cracked the engine block...) oh well, that was 4ish years ago.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 08:14 AM
For all you GSU folks who are going to travel up here again this year, I just wanted to let you know that I'm late for work this morning because my car didn't start.... Oh, and did I mention it was plugged in last night? -7 outside as I typed this xlolx...

And for reference, the temperature last year was 34 the day of the GSU/NDSU game..

My wife told me that this morning, she is not as big a fan of the cold as I. I'd move back tomorrow if I could.

GATA_Eagles
December 10th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Literally just got word that I'll be there.

Eaglesrus
December 10th, 2012, 09:08 AM

I've never lived anywhere but southeastern GA, but I thought the weather last year was great for tailgating. Looks like the current forecast for the weekend is that it will be a little better than it is right now, but not as good as last year.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I will be there. How's the bar at the Radisson? "Is it reasonable?"

Haven't been there in years, but it's a nice place to stay. A couple blocks away is broadway, should be some good places there to eat, drink and have fun in the frozen northland. Maybe some of the posters that still live there can add.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2012, 11:27 AM
The current forecast on wunderground for friday says the windchill won't even hit 0F. You guys will be fine. It is suggesting 23F for earlier in the day.

Obviously it could change, but I wouldn't worry about the temps to much.

I-16Bandit
December 10th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Too expensive... Plus, I've been to Canada once before.

:D

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Too expensive... Plus, I've been to Canada once before.

:D

I grew up on the Canadian border, I went to school in Fargo to get away from the cold weather. ;)

BisonBabe
December 10th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Literally just got word that I'll be there.

check you PM messages

trouthunter
December 10th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I grew up on the Canadian border, I went to school in Fargo to get away from the cold weather. ;)

That is hilarious. I moved to Billings for the exact same reason...

I-16Bandit
December 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM

Just to rub it in, it has been comfortable short-sleeve shirt kind of weather all this month down here. And that's all day, all night. Even had the windows open last night, and it was still a bit warm. Wore shorts and flip-flops a couple days ago too. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Just to rub it in, it has been comfortable short-sleeve shirt kind of weather all this month down here. And that's all day, all night. Even had the windows open last night, and it was still a bit warm. Wore shorts and flip-flops a couple days ago too. :D

You are under the impression that is favorable. Not so.

Anyplace you can't play hockey outdoors in the winter is terrible. I know, I live in one now.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2012, 12:28 PM
You are under the impression that is favorable. Not so.

Anyplace you can't play hockey outdoors in the winter is terrible. I know, I live in one now.

Yeah, but you can apparently put your penis in the mouth of a catfish. Local customs pretty much just cross eachother off, imo.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 12:31 PM

But I got to play on one of these all day yesterday and this morning before work. Would have been tough to do in short-sleeve weather.

I-16Bandit
December 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM
But I got to play on one of these all day yesterday and this morning before work. Would have been tough to do in short-sleeve weather.

Sounds like a pain to me. My biggest hurdle in the mornings is seeing through the damn fog because of the humidity. Hell, didn't even grab a jacket this morning at 7am. xthumbsupx

But honestly, I'd like winter to show up ASAP. I do like cooler weather every now and again. Only advantage to this warm weather is turning off the AC and heat! No overages!

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Just looks like a lawn mower with some s**t on the front of it to me! We can play with lawn mowers in short sleeve weather xlolx

JSUBison
December 10th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Just looks like a lawn mower with some s**t on the front of it to me! We can play with lawn mowers in short sleeve weather xlolx

That's the problem with Socon guys, they play with lawn mowers instead of using them as they are intended. Armanti, I am looking at you.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM

But there's nothing like the snow hitting you in the face on a 10 degree morning.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 12:56 PM
But there's nothing like the snow hitting you in the face on a 10 degree morning.
I can think of a few things I'd prefer over that. I do wish I could make it up for the game on Friday though, no matter how cold!

gsu2583
December 10th, 2012, 12:57 PM
That's the problem with Socon guys, they play with lawn mowers instead of using them as they are intended. Armanti, I am looking at you.

I LOL'd at this...

Bison56
December 10th, 2012, 01:01 PM
A lawn mower in the south is used as a primary source of transportation.

gasoutherneagle
December 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Was on the phone with the airline, with the site pulled up on the computer, discussing this adventure with the agent...

THAT'S when mrs. gasoutherneagle burst into the room and reminded me of other obligations, kids, Christmas...blah blah... l listened to most of it... I SWEAR! When it was obvious she was being ignored, I got a punch in the arm and was told if "you want any chance of going to Frisco without a divorce you're gonna hang up that damn phone!"

That, and I was reminded at work that all the vacation and sick leave is spent for the year. F***!!!

You've all been spared all that is gasoutherneagle! You can take the padlocks off the beer trucks now.

Wanted to... REAL BAD! Just can't do it this time. Sorry guys.

marenlee
December 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I could make the 3 hour drive to Orlando and get a direct flight to Fargo under better circumstances. But my baby is due on Monday so timing is a little off. North Dakota native here and never have been able to see a game yet. Cannot wait much longer. And sorry. Really don't miss -45f weather. Ill keep my sandals and shorts year round down here in SE Georgia :D

Bison56
December 10th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I could make the 3 hour drive to Orlando and get a direct flight to Fargo under better circumstances. But my baby is due on Monday so timing is a little off. North Dakota native here and never have been able to see a game yet. Cannot wait much longer. And sorry. Really don't miss -45f weather. Ill keep my sandals and shorts year round down here in SE Georgia :D

xsmileyclapx Congrats!

SouthernBugler
December 10th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Looks I will be making my second trip to Fargo... any chance you guys pay your heating bill this month???

citdog
December 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM

Ayers to Monken.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_S1F1Zha_k

kind of even looks like him

GATA_Eagles
December 10th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Ayers to Monken.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_S1F1Zha_k

kind of even looks like him

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to citdog again.

eaglejacket98
December 10th, 2012, 07:23 PM

It was 15 degrees on the morning of 12-17-11.

Pyroshane
December 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Our tailgating group won't be as large as it usually is, due to many of them having to work on Friday, but I would still love to meet up with some of you to talk some football and do some shots before the game! It was a blast chatting/drinking with the Wofford (pronounced "wahfurd" like "waffle" instead of "woahfurd" as they informed us as we corrected their pronunciation of Bison from "Bysun" to "byzun") and I hope to repeat it with some Eagle fans on Friday. We are bringing a big pot of hot chili and hot dogs, and of course my homemade redeye.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Some announcement to be made tomorrow by the athletic foundation about potentially getting a charter to go to Fargo.

EKU-n-GSU
December 10th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Will be there Thursday evening around 7:00P. Have a major proposal due out at 5:00P Eastern on Friday, but from then on it's ball's to the wall GATA. Who wants to buy #58's mom and I a beer?

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Will be there Thursday evening around 7:00P. Have a major proposal due out at 5:00P Eastern on Friday, but from then on it's ball's to the wall GATA. Who wants to buy #58's mom and I a beer?

Could be a possibility....

MplsBison
December 10th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Heck - Twin Cities fans...who's taking off work on a Friday to drive up to Fargo in this crap?

Friday really screws it up, but hey - TV. Hope the locals can fill up the place, make it look nice on primetime.

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Heck - Twin Cities fans...who's taking off work on a Friday to drive up to Fargo in this crap?

Friday really screws it up, but hey - TV. Hope the locals can fill up the place, make it look nice on primetime.

We'll know Wed morning when the unclaimed season tix are released...other tix sold out early on Sunday. I'm expecting it to be full.

SpiritCymbal
December 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Can't make it this year unfortunately. If I could find a flight for under $500 that fits into my work schedule though, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Had the time of my life last year (despite the outcome of the game).

GATA_Eagles
December 10th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Where are the best places to get drinks around Fargo? I'm not sure where our hotel is, but we can get around pretty easily

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Where are the best places to get drinks around Fargo? I'm not sure where our hotel is, but we can get around pretty easily

Depends on what you are looking for and when you get to town.

GATA_Eagles
December 10th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Depends on what you are looking for and when you get to town.

We're leaving with the team so we'll probably depart for Savannah on Thursday around 11-12 and be there around 4-6 CST. Just looking for good/cheap drinks and a good atmosphere

SpiritCymbal
December 10th, 2012, 09:03 PM

Head downtown. TON of good places down there. I showed up a day early and just spent the whole day bar hopping. Lots of good micro and craft brews.

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Head downtown. TON of good places down there. I showed up a day early and just spent the whole day bar hopping. Lots of good micro and craft brews.

This. It's been suggested in quite a few threads before, but JL Beers is a good destination for Beers/Burgers. Broadway/Downtown has a ton of fun bars within walking distance.

gataeagles06
December 10th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Some announcement to be made tomorrow by the athletic foundation about potentially getting a charter to go to Fargo.

Was just about to post that. We need 100 commitments before it's chartered. Looks like the cost will be just over $200 RT from Atlanta to MSP, then a chartered bus to Fargo. No overnight stay. Bus would leave after the game and go back to MSP airport. Would be a LONG day, but it worth it either way!

GATA_Eagles
December 10th, 2012, 09:10 PM
This. It's been suggested in quite a few threads before, but JL Beers is a good destination for Beers/Burgers. Broadway/Downtown has a ton of fun bars within walking distance.

Thanks I'll have to check them out

swaghook
December 10th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Downtown has a good number of bars and alcohol will be pouring freely at the tailgate in the west lot of the Fargodome come Friday. If you are up to trying some local spirits take a 20 minute drive to the west down I-94 to Casselton, ND on Main St you will find a winery and a distillery that make wine, vodka, brandy and cordials out of fruits grown in ND. They will let you sample any product that they make. Tasting room open from 10am - 5pm. Would highly recommend anything chokecherry be it wine, vodka, cordial or even the jelly they sell.

BisonBabe
December 10th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Our tailgating group won't be as large as it usually is, due to many of them having to work on Friday, but I would still love to meet up with some of you to talk some football and do some shots before the game! It was a blast chatting/drinking with the Wofford (pronounced "wahfurd" like "waffle" instead of "woahfurd" as they informed us as we corrected their pronunciation of Bison from "Bysun" to "byzun") and I hope to repeat it with some Eagle fans on Friday. We are bringing a big pot of hot chili and hot dogs, and of course my homemade redeye.

Are you the group that also had the apple pie & rumchata?

BisonBabe
December 10th, 2012, 09:31 PM

Congrats on the new addition.

BisonBabe
December 10th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Looks I will be making my second trip to Fargo... any chance you guys pay your heating bill this month???

Hope to meet you when you come north.

MplsBison
December 11th, 2012, 09:10 AM
We're leaving with the team so we'll probably depart for Savannah on Thursday around 11-12 and be there around 4-6 CST. Just looking for good/cheap drinks and a good atmosphere

Ha. Cheap.

All the bars know a bunch of Twin Cities people are up in town for the game, so they jack prices up.

MplsBison
December 11th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Was just about to post that. We need 100 commitments before it's chartered. Looks like the cost will be just over $200 RT from Atlanta to MSP, then a chartered bus to Fargo. No overnight stay. Bus would leave after the game and go back to MSP airport. Would be a LONG day, but it worth it either way!

WOW.

Drive early to ATL. Park. Hop on a plane for a couple hours to MSP. Get on a bus. Drive 4 hours to Fargo (hopefully the roads are good). Watch the game for 3.5 hours. Get back on the bus for 4 hours. Back on the plane for a couple hours to ATL. Drive home.

Damn. That is friggin' commitment.

Vitojr130
December 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM
WOW.

Drive early to ATL. Park. Hop on a plane for a couple hours to MSP. Get on a bus. Drive 4 hours to Fargo (hopefully the roads are good). Watch the game for 3.5 hours. Get back on the bus for 4 hours. Back on the plane for a couple hours to ATL. Drive home.

Ahh... the rare Mpls gem that I can actually agree with.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM
WOW.

Well ATL a huge alumni base for GSU so it may not be quite as much of a commitment for a lot of people. But we do love some GSU football. If the price is right I'll be there.

Hammerhead
December 11th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Is this a chartered bus or some kind of direct service from MSP to Fargo? The Greyhound bus used to stop at 20 different towns across Minnesota between Minneapolis and the terminal in Fargo.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Is this a chartered bus or some kind of direct service from MSP to Fargo? The Greyhound bus used to stop at 20 different towns across Minnesota between Minneapolis and the terminal in Fargo.

As of now its a no bus. We had to have 100 commit by noon and the announcement was made this morning at 9:15 and basically just on message boards/facebook. Heard we were close in that timespan but the travel agent wouldn't budge on the deadline.

MplsBison
December 11th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Well ATL a huge alumni base for GSU so it may not be quite as much of a commitment for a lot of people. But we do love some GSU football. If the price is right I'll be there.

Still. You want to be at the Fargodome probably by 6pm central. Means you wanna be on the freeway from MSP airport by 2pm. So you need to be taking off from ATL by probably noon at the latest.

Game will end around 10-1030pm central. Leave at 11pm, get back to the MSP airport at 3am Sat. Take off at 4am. Land at ATL and back to your car by 6am Sat. Hope you can sleep well on a moving vehicle!

Myself, I'd gladly prefer to pay for a hotel room in Fargo as part of the package.

GSUhooligan
December 11th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I'll be there for the second year in a row. Hopefully with better results. I should be in Fargo by 2. Since the tailgating doesnt start until 5 hrs prior, I guess I'll be at BWW pre-tailgate like last year. Hopefully the interstate will be drivable. I'm renting a 4X4 just in case.

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Still. You want to be at the Fargodome probably by 6pm central. Means you wanna be on the freeway from MSP airport by 2pm. So you need to be taking off from ATL by probably noon at the latest.

Game will end around 10-1030pm central. Leave at 11pm, get back to the MSP airport at 3am Sat. Take off at 4am. Land at ATL and back to your car by 6am Sat. Hope you can sleep well on a moving vehicle!

Myself, I'd gladly prefer to pay for a hotel room in Fargo as part of the package.

Leaving at 2pm will be tough driving, getting through Friday traffic and getting to the dome by 6pm with these roads and drivers.

JSUBison
December 11th, 2012, 01:33 PM
For the GSU fans, if you go over to Bisonville, there is a restaurant thread you guys might want to check out. It should help you choose some good places to eat.

BisonAccountant44
December 11th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Leaving at 2pm will be tough driving, getting through Friday traffic and getting to the dome by 6pm with these roads and drivers.

It should still be doable though, they just won't have a lot of extra time. I'm taking off work at noon, and have to make one stop before I can hit the road. My goal is to be past Rogers by 2. Hopefully the roads clear up a little between now and Friday so it will be smooth sailing for all of us heading North.

Pyroshane
December 11th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Are you the group that also had the apple pie & rumchata?

I don't think we had any apple pie, but we had both anise and cinnamon redeye and rumchata.

gotts
December 11th, 2012, 02:30 PM
For the GSU fans, if you go over to Bisonville, there is a restaurant thread you guys might want to check out. It should help you choose some good places to eat.

Here's a quick map that was thrown together in the Wofford thread from last week. Hope it helps.

http://goo.gl/maps/F5RBy

GSUhooligan
December 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Here's a quick map that was thrown together in the Wofford thread from last week. Hope it helps.

http://goo.gl/maps/F5RBy

Last year I went to a sports bar in a strip mall by the dome. Can't remember the name of the place, and it doesn't look like it is on the map in your post, but the prices were decent, the food was ok and the staff was friendly.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Last year I went to a sports bar in a strip mall by the dome. Can't remember the name of the place, and it doesn't look like it is on the map in your post, but the prices were decent, the food was ok and the staff was friendly.

That's probably Labby's right across the street from the dome across University on 19th.

gotts
December 11th, 2012, 03:17 PM

Labby's probably. It's in the same strip mall as Grand Junction.

EDIT: ND4E beat me to it

Pyroshane
December 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM

I believe you are remembering Labby's. It's a decent enough sports bar, but they always manage to screw up everyone's tabs when we go there in large groups.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I believe you are remembering Labby's. It's a decent enough sports bar, but they always manage to screw up everyone's tabs when we go there in large groups.

Truth be told, I haven't been in it since it was Reeb's

rkwittem
December 11th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I'll be around...hoping to meet some more Georgians this week. Let me know when/where. I don't really do much in the way of checking out the tailgating lot before the game, but I'll definitely be game for meeting up with a few at a restaurant.

citdog
December 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I'll be around...hoping to meet some more Georgians this week. Let me know when/where. I don't really do much in the way of checking out the tailgating lot before the game, but I'll definitely be game for meeting up with a few at a restaurant.

Lunch. No cops

MplsBison
December 11th, 2012, 04:15 PM

Nah.

2pm is not rush hour yet in Mpls. As long as the roads are clear, you're fine. You'll be in Monticello by 3pm and it's home free from there.

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Nah.

2pm is not rush hour yet in Mpls. As long as the roads are clear, you're fine. You'll be in Monticello by 3pm and it's home free from there.

M-Th no, Friday rush starts a little earlier. I've seen stop and go traffic at 2pm Friday's on 494 and 694, having been on the road leaving town on a Friday many times. Sometime it's clear sailing other times it isn't.

Eagle22
December 11th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I am in. Just got to finalize my flight decisions made.

Will be in Fargo Friday morning, and on-air doing the GSU pregame show 2 hours prior to kickoff w/ the Georgia Southern radio crew.

My one concern is making my Saturday a.m. flight from MSP back to Atlanta (takeoff at 11:25 local). If I leave at 6:00am and take a cautious approach back to MSP from Fargo, should I be in good shape ?

AmsterBison
December 11th, 2012, 05:21 PM

Will be in Fargo Friday morning, and on-air doing the GSU pregame show 2 hours prior to kickoff w/ the Georgia Southern radio crew.

My one concern is making my Saturday a.m. flight from MSP back to Atlanta (takeoff at 11:25 local). If I leave at 6:00am and take a cautious approach back to MSP from Fargo, should I be in good shape ?

You should be at the airport by 10am if the weather isn't total crap. Traffic shouldn't be bad at all.

EagleForever
December 11th, 2012, 07:42 PM

Yep, and people get DUIs on them all the time!

GSUhooligan
December 11th, 2012, 07:49 PM

A bunch of us will be at BWW before the tailgates open up.

Bison56
December 11th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Yep, and people get DUIs on them all the time!

I know a guy up here who got one on his.xlolx

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 11th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I know a guy up here who got one on his.xlolx

Was this him??

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c74_1306786416

Hammerhead
December 11th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Assuming there is no snow or ice on the freeway, plan on 3.5 hours of driving time at the speed limit, plus time to turn in your rental car and getting through the TSA screening. I'd leave earlier, but I'm one of those people who likes to be at least 2 hours early when I need to catch a flight.

Bisonoline
December 11th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Ha. Cheap.

All the bars know a bunch of Twin Cities people are up in town for the game, so they jack prices up.

Why do i get charged the same?

ASU_Fanatic
December 11th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I'd love to see App play in Fargo one day. May be running out of time for that to ever happen though

citdog
December 11th, 2012, 08:57 PM

because you're matt foley?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhgfjrKi0o

Bisonoline
December 11th, 2012, 09:03 PM
because you're matt foley?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhgfjrKi0o

Naw its just mpls talking out of his *** again.

Eagle22
December 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM
You should be at the airport by 10am if the weather isn't total crap. Traffic shouldn't be bad at all.

Assuming there is no snow or ice on the freeway, plan on 3.5 hours of driving time at the speed limit, plus time to turn in your rental car and getting through the TSA screening. I'd leave earlier, but I'm one of those people who likes to be at least 2 hours early when I need to catch a flight.

Thanks for the info. I'm probably actually going to leave out of the hotel at 5am, so I think I'll be good. Nearly 20 years working night shift has conditioned me to very little sleep anyways.

I usually like to leave extra time in the schedule for unexpected circumstances. I just hope that doesn't mean blizzard of the century ;)

I was just in Chaska, MN on a business trip last week, so I've already had a reminder of the setup at the airport with the rental counter and TSA.

Heading up Thursday morning to get into Fargo at a reasonable hour so I can at least have one day/evening of fun, since I will have to tear out of there quickly on Saturday.

gotts
December 11th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm probably actually going to leave out of the hotel at 5am, so I think I'll be good. Nearly 20 years working night shift has conditioned me to very little sleep anyways.

I usually like to leave extra time in the schedule for unexpected circumstances. I just hope that doesn't mean blizzard of the century ;)

I was just in Chaska, MN on a business trip last week, so I've already had a reminder of the setup at the airport with the rental counter and TSA.

Heading up Thursday morning to get into Fargo at a reasonable hour so I can at least have one day/evening of fun, since I will have to tear out of there quickly on Saturday.

Safe travels. Check out JL Beers!

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I'd love to see App play in Fargo one day. May be running out of time for that to ever happen though

Screw that...I'd rather see NDSU come to Boone!

MplsBison
December 12th, 2012, 10:02 AM

I guess because you've always been willing to pay Twin Cities prices in downtown Fargo bars? Got me.

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM
The Speak Easy in Moorhead is a good place to dine.

citdog
December 12th, 2012, 11:25 AM
The Speak Easy in Moorhead is a good place to dine.

if i had conquered Sicily in 827 i would live in the town mentioned above now.

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2012, 11:58 AM

You've never hear the Moorhead........Far-go joke before :)

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I'll definitely be game for meeting up with a few at a restaurant.

If no Waffle house, no meeting

Bisonoline
December 12th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I guess because you've always been willing to pay Twin Cities prices in downtown Fargo bars? Got me. sh

As usual youre full of ****.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2012, 02:30 PM
With another week to prepare I could probably try to swing it but the price of the ticket combined with the fact it's a day after my last final it's just not going to happen this year.

Hey GeoSo fans..... what happened to the GATA spirit.....the crowd on this thread is a bit depressing, no money, no time, mafia wives, to much work, no Wal-Mart in Fargo, sounds like you song of the south boys have already put this one in the loss column

Bisonoline
December 12th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hey GeoSo fans..... what happened to the GATA spirit.....the crowd on this thread is a bit depressing, no money, no time, mafia wives, to much work, no Wal-Mart in Fargo, sounds like you song of the south boys have already put this one in the loss column

Yeah a little different from last year when you were conquering the world. :D

MplsBison
December 12th, 2012, 02:37 PM
sh

As usual youre full of ****.

I have no idea why you are choosing to be dishonest about this insignificant detail of coming to Fargo on gameday....but that's your choice. I guess you just thought of it as another chance to personally attack me?

gsu_paintballer
December 12th, 2012, 05:12 PM

Here we go again.

Why aren't you posting in a Delaware playoff thread?

EagleForever
December 12th, 2012, 05:26 PM
It's raining and cold tonight - down to 40 degrees. Our boys are sleeping outside tonight so they'll be ready for the cold weather when they get off of the plane! LOL Can't wait for the Big Game!! Can't make the trip but getting the oyster roast set up, the TV outside by the pool, and the beer on ice!! Go Eagles!

Bisonoline
December 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM
It's raining and cold tonight - down to 40 degrees. Our boys are sleeping outside tonight so they'll be ready for the cold weather when they get off of the plane! LOL Can't wait for the Big Game!! Can't make the trip but getting the oyster roast set up, the TV outside by the pool, and the beer on ice!! Go Eagles!

Oyster roast? Please explain.

EagleForever
December 12th, 2012, 05:43 PM

You put oysters on a pit or grill, cover with wet burlap, drink a lot of beer (very important), and wait. You then dump them out on newspaper, preferably, and enjoy with cocktail sauce and a cracker should you choose. Very tasty! Should be nice weather here for watching the game outside.

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2012, 05:45 PM
You put oysters on a pit or grill, cover with wet burlap, drink a lot of beer (very important), and wait. You then dump them out on newspaper, preferably, and enjoy with cocktail sauce and a cracker should you choose. Very tasty! Should be nice weather here for watching the game outside.

Around here an Oyster roast means the same as bull fries.

EagleForever
December 12th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Around here an Oyster roast means the same as bull fries.

I'm scared to ask... similar to mountain oysters, perhaps?

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I'm scared to ask... similar to mountain oysters, perhaps?

One in the same. :)

citdog
December 12th, 2012, 06:21 PM

goddam yankees xrolleyesx

My Southern upbringing has more heavily influenced me than the Hebe. Yahweh would understand if he tried one.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7003/6460346857_b9b9b9bf5a_z.jpg

http://img4-3.southernliving.timeinc.net/i/2011/02/oyster-roast/oysters-l.jpg?400:400
http://img4-3.southernliving.timeinc.net/i/2011/02/oyster-roast/oyster-roasting-pit-l.jpg?400:400
http://img4-1.southernliving.timeinc.net/i/2011/02/oyster-roast/roasting-oysters-l.jpg?400:400

grab a beer and enjoy.

swaghook
December 12th, 2012, 08:39 PM

Just for you Citdog a little naughtybilly music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEXhEHSvsgQ&feature=youtu.be

Twentysix
December 12th, 2012, 08:42 PM

My Southern upbringing has more heavily influenced me than the Hebe. Yahweh would understand if he tried one.

http://img4-3.southernliving.timeinc.net/i/2011/02/oyster-roast/oysters-l.jpg?400:400
http://img4-3.southernliving.timeinc.net/i/2011/02/oyster-roast/oyster-roasting-pit-l.jpg?400:400
http://img4-1.southernliving.timeinc.net/i/2011/02/oyster-roast/roasting-oysters-l.jpg?400:400

grab a beer and enjoy.

You should give an umu a try. Good stuff.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 12th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Consider this me inviting myself! Sounds like a damn good time. Enjoy. Good Apalachicola oysters may be hard to come by in the next year or two. The oil spill is finally getting to the oyster business down there.

seantaylor
December 13th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Oysters are okay, but just about the last seafood item I would prefer. It's all about the blue crab.

344Johnson
December 13th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Hamburgers. Better than oysters. Not better than crab. Definitely more filling. I also like pulled pork.

Twentysix
December 13th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Hamburgers. Better than oysters. Not better than crab. Definitely more filling. I also like pulled pork.

Umu + coconut crab :)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Q6uOoUP0saE/TliaZ8dI_AI/AAAAAAAAAVA/PwCngTZ4p2Q/s1600/Coconut+Crab+4.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gWHC45wGW78/S9pq6jM1_TI/AAAAAAAABIY/vZx1qiQKv7w/s400/coconutcrab3.jpg

Ate a decent amount of that on Ofu. Fantastic stuff.

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2012, 01:00 AM

There's a Wal-Mart in Fargo of course, however, there will be no

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcaf8aowkI1r8j6wvo1_400.gif
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/Chick_fil_a_logo_CNA_US_Catholic_News_9_21_2012.jp g
http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=7jO&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1680&bih=907&tbm=isch&tbnid=rEtWkRHidfqfwM:&imgrefurl=http://www.facebook.com/Zaxbys&docid=k8rtIDeSUu4alM&imgurl=http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash3/c10.10.160.160/532780_10150620730528309_516099271_a.jpg&w=160&h=160&ei=fHzJUMmvJIr-8ATt1IGABw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=257&vpy=207&dur=1214&hovh=128&hovw=128&tx=86&ty=81&sig=117964782375967490558&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=128&tbnw=128&start=0&ndsp=36&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:139
http://www.shoneysknox.com/i/header_images/kids_programs.gif
http://www.islandreccenter.org/editor/assets/SpecialEvents/PigglyWigglyStore.gif

and Copenhagen is expensive in the north!

BisonBabe
December 13th, 2012, 02:05 AM

http://www.islandreccenter.org/editor/assets/SpecialEvents/PigglyWigglyStore.gif

Hey I remember when we had one of these .....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2012, 06:33 AM

On South university right next to Dakota Clinic. It became a SunMart, then a parking lot.

bisonwest
December 13th, 2012, 06:33 AM

Was that on South University? My brother worked there in high school.

BisonBabe
December 13th, 2012, 06:44 AM
On South university right next to Dakota Clinic. It became a SunMart, then a parking lot.

Was that on South University? My brother worked there in high school.

Actually the one I remember was in Bottineau ND where I grew up. It was a block from our house and mom was always sending me over to pick up things she forgot. There was also one in Minot. I also remember Red Owl's grocery stores. Yep I am old :)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Actually the one I remember was in Bottineau ND where I grew up. It was a block from our house and mom was always sending me over to pick up things she forgot. There was also one in Minot. I also remember Red Owl's grocery stores. Yep I am old :)

Old (age) is just a number.

I'm pretty sure you are a lot younger than I am....xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2012, 07:04 AM

Me too, There was a Red Owl on North Broadway that became The Country Store, Buttrey Foods on 13th and 25th Street, and Leeby's foods downtown.

That was back when grocery stores tried.

rkwittem
December 13th, 2012, 08:01 AM
A bunch of us will be at BWW before the tailgates open up.

I'm guessing around noon-2 then? Sounds good to me.

BisonBabe
December 13th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Old (age) is just a number.

I'm pretty sure you are a lot younger than I am....xthumbsupx

Getting old sure beats the alternative

asumike83
December 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcaf8aowkI1r8j6wvo1_400.gif
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/Chick_fil_a_logo_CNA_US_Catholic_News_9_21_2012.jp g
http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=7jO&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1680&bih=907&tbm=isch&tbnid=rEtWkRHidfqfwM:&imgrefurl=http://www.facebook.com/Zaxbys&docid=k8rtIDeSUu4alM&imgurl=http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash3/c10.10.160.160/532780_10150620730528309_516099271_a.jpg&w=160&h=160&ei=fHzJUMmvJIr-8ATt1IGABw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=257&vpy=207&dur=1214&hovh=128&hovw=128&tx=86&ty=81&sig=117964782375967490558&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=128&tbnw=128&start=0&ndsp=36&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:139
http://www.shoneysknox.com/i/header_images/kids_programs.gif

and Copenhagen is expensive in the north!

An excellent list. However, there is one key omission:

http://thetastingbuds.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/peter_tsai_food_bojangles-4.jpg

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM
An excellent list. However, there is one key omission:

http://thetastingbuds.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/peter_tsai_food_bojangles-4.jpg

THIS....

GSUhooligan
December 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Meh. If you're ever in west metro Atlanta, find a Martin's. The best chicken biscuits, pork chop biscuits and country ham biscuits outside your momma's kitchen.

GSUhooligan
December 13th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Any known speed traps on I-94? I probably won't be speeding too bad due to the recent weather up there, but if I hit a stretch where the roads look pretty good, I may want to make up some time to maximize my tailgating time. In Georgia if you keep it under 10 MPH over the limit cops will leave you alone. I know in some states if you are .1 mph over the limit you're getting a ticket. How lenient are MN and ND cops?

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Any known speed traps on I-94? I probably won't be speeding too bad due to the recent weather up there, but if I hit a stretch where the roads look pretty good, I may want to make up some time to maximize my tailgating time. In Georgia if you keep it under 10 MPH over the limit cops will leave you alone. I know in some states if you are .1 mph over the limit you're getting a ticket. How lenient are MN and ND cops?

No traps, but on Friday's there are more state patrols on the road. Near cities like St Cloud, Saux Centre, Fergus Falls and Alexandria they are more common. You can usually get in a line of people speeding down the freeway in the 75-80 range.

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2012, 04:19 PM
No traps, but on Friday's there are more state patrols on the road. Near cities like St Cloud, Saux Centre, Fergus Falls and Alexandria they are more common. You can usually get in a line of people speeding down the freeway in the 75-80 range.

This. 5 over, and you are safe. 10 over is about 50/50.

Bison56
December 13th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Roads are good all they way to Fargo. Drive safe.

BisonBohl
December 13th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't advise speeding to much. The state of Minnesota really nails you if you get pulled over and get a ticket...its going to be more then you want to pay.

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2012, 05:04 PM
FYI: Predicting snow on Saturday in the Twin Cities, hopefully you will all be on a plane by then.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM

grab a beer and enjoy.

citdog, mi grand pappy was a Chincoteague oysterman back in the 20's, he used to tell me the trucks were lined to take those slimy boggers up to NYC, it was the roaring twenties and those bankers had money to burn until it all burned down....

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Here we go again.

Why aren't you posting in a Delaware playoff thread?

I am not going to answer that, be interesting to see how your speed version of the TO fairs compared to Woffords power up the middle version, Woffy sure did'nt go to the pitch much against the Bizen, but I know thats not there strength anyway with that all American FB, It seems you will need to pull a few surprises up in Fargo, like some wrinkles called passes mixed in or be prepared to lose.....

GATA_Eagles
December 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
We've landed in Fargo. Should be headed out to the bars here soon. Hope to meet some Bison fans

gsu_paintballer
December 13th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I am not going to answer that, be interesting to see how your speed version of the TO fairs compared to Woffords power up the middle version, Woffy sure did'nt go to the pitch much against the Bizen, but I now thats not there strength anyway with that all American FB, It seems you will need to pull a few surprised up in Fargo, like some wrinkles called passes mixed in or be prepared to lose.....

What do you think Delaware will have to do to win their semifinal game?

Bisonoline
December 13th, 2012, 05:49 PM
We've landed in Fargo. Should be headed out to the bars here soon. Hope to meet some Bison fans

Where are you going?

Vitojr130
December 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM

I always go 75mph comin' from my hometown in MN back to Fargo. Never been pulled over once. Just don't push them though because a ticket will put you back a minimum of $125 in MN... ND it doesn't really matter... Get pulled over going 10 over = $10 ticket. 20 over = $20 ticket and so on and so forth.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2012, 06:15 PM
What do you think Delaware will have to do to win their semifinal game?

play Georgia Southern :D ..... appears you have no interest in talking about your game and are obsessed with the Delaware, and if not why do you keep bringing them into the conversation... moving along now.... so do you think your offense will need to toss in a few wrinkles to win this game?

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2012, 06:17 PM

There's a State Trooper in Sauk Centre that loves to sit next to/behind the bridge pylons in the median about 1 mile east of exit 127 and if you're 3 over, he'll pop ya. He's got a couple other spots where he'll get you before you see him, so keep it at the speed limit from exit 131 to exit 119.

EagleForever
December 13th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Consider this me inviting myself! Sounds like a damn good time. Enjoy. Good Apalachicola oysters may be hard to come by in the next year or two. The oil spill is finally getting to the oyster business down there.

The oysters from Bluffton are the best around. No Apalachicola for me. Roadtripping to Bluffton tomorrow for shrimp and oysters.

gsu_paintballer
December 13th, 2012, 06:49 PM
play Georgia Southern :D ..... appears you have no interest in talking about your game and are obsessed with the Delaware, and if not why do you keep bringing them into the conversation... moving along now.... so do you think your offense will need to toss in a few wrinkles to win this game?

I'm posting in a thread about my team.

You're posting in a thread not about your team, because they suck.

MplsBison
December 13th, 2012, 06:51 PM
There's a State Trooper in Sauk Centre that loves to sit next to/behind the bridge pylons in the median about 1 mile east of exit 127 and if you're 3 over, he'll pop ya. He's got a couple other spots where he'll get you before you see him, so keep it at the speed limit from exit 131 to exit 119.

Yeah I recall there was an article about that guy and how he prided himself on his total ticket count.

IMO - if the roads are dry and visibility is good, that freeway is perfectly suited for people to go 90 safely. 70 for sure is bogus.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I'm posting in a thread about my team.

if that's true, welcome to the Hen house

Bisonoline
December 13th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I am waiting to pay my bill and 3 GSU fans come in to Sammies Pizza tonight. 15 degrees out side and hes wearing shorts and flip flops. Asks---you got pizza here. Theres a big neon sign outside that says SAMMYS PIZZA. So he asks do sell it in slices. They say not at night. You have to buy the whole pie. Now there are 3 of them ok, So i explain hey its a better deal if you buy the whle pie for all three of you because if you go to Spicey Pie down the street its going to cost you around 4.00 a slice and its going to taste like crap. Plus a whole pie is 4 slices. He says yeah but we want slices not the whole pie and out the door they go.

gsu_paintballer
December 13th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I can picture who you're probably talking about. Guy wears a GSU shirt, khaki shorts and flip flops to EVERY game. Regardless of temperature.

In Statesboro that's usually not an issue, but he did it at William and Mary in 2010 too.

Eagle22
December 13th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I am in Fargo now. I thought it was supposed to be cold ?

Just reminds me of some time I spent in Germany :)

Thank goodness I made it through I-94 w/o a speeding ticket. Been up since 3am EST and I was ready to get to Fargo.

Twentysix
December 13th, 2012, 11:32 PM
I am in Fargo now. I thought it was supposed to be cold ?

Just reminds me of some time I spent in Germany :)

Thank goodness I made it through I-94 w/o a speeding ticket. Been up since 3am EST and I was ready to get to Fargo.

Its 17 above right now with no windchill. It is not cold at all.

Enjoy your stay!

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2012, 11:35 PM
It's nice out for Fargo in Dec. Welcome our southern brothers enjoy Fargo and enjoy the game.

DJKyR0
December 14th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Its 17 above right now with no windchill. It is not cold at all.

Enjoy your stay!

I walked out this morning in t-shirt and shorts to take out the trash. Felt like springtime.

Vitojr130
December 14th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I walked out this morning in t-shirt and shorts to take out the trash. Felt like springtime.

I wore my spring coat today if that counts for anything...

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I wore my spring coat today if that counts for anything...

I'm in the Twin Cities, I walked out in shorts and t-shirt and went to the health club.

Eagle22
December 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM
It is downright warm today. Wished I had brought a few extra lenses for my camera instead of extra layers and a sweater ..., lol.

Leaving the hotel at 1:30 to pick up one of the news guys at the airport, then off to the Dome.