PDA

View Full Version : The National Champion Is........?

TypicalTribe
December 9th, 2012, 08:18 AM
All the pretenders to the throne are gone and we're left with three of last year's four semifinalists, including the two finalists, as well as the 2010 National Champion. Just a powerhouse Final Four. So, who raises the trophy in Frisco?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Homer pick for me: NDSU

But I have to say it is going to take a huge effort to consistently beat the Bison defense.

skinny_uncle
December 9th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I think the Bison stand a good chance at repeating. As the old saying goes, defense wins titles.

December 9th, 2012, 08:27 AM
All the pretenders to the throne are gone and we're left with three of last year's four semifinalists, including the two finalists, as well as the 2010 National Champion. Just a powerhouse Final Four. So, who raises the trophy in Frisco?

I would not refer to refer to any of the eight as a pretender. All, even the 4 who lost, are very good football teams and have earned respect. I am sure we will all see them in the future. The herd will keep "thundarring" on it another Championship.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I think if I weren't a fan of any of the 4, it would be hard to pick against the Bison.

11 ppg average on defense is pretty sick.

darell1976
December 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I picked Eastern Washington....Big Sky all the way.

Sac
December 9th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Kudo's to Wofford for playing a great game, and proud of the Bison for winning!

LuckyKat
December 9th, 2012, 08:36 AM
All homer pics probaly for this
But yes, these are the "BIG DOGS"
the Elite of the FCS and have done all they need to prove it,
Congrats to all the Teams goin for the NATTY

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I think if I weren't a fan of any of the 4, it would be hard to pick against the Bison.

I don't disagree with this but Delaware was averaging 11 in 2010. It's not an absolute.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Alabama

walliver
December 9th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I'm pulling for our redneck cousins in Statesboro, but voted with the majority. Bison steak is very tasty. I had some at Bennie's Red Barn on St Simon's Island and it was great (the piece of meat they put on my plate would feed several offensive linemen, but I took one for the team and ate it all).

clawman
December 9th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I think the Bison stand a good chance at repeating. As the old saying goes, defense wins titles.

They who have no offense say that.

TheRevSFA
December 9th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Sam Houston (and I will never hear the end of it from my Sam amigos)

HandoEX
December 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
This is a great field of teams. Three fighting to become elite, and one with loads of tradition at this level. I'll take NDSU over EWU in Frisco. Would love to see Sam again, but it would be fun to embarrass the squad from Cheney. I hate their fans...both of them.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I'm pulling for our redneck cousins in Statesboro, but voted with the majority. Bison steak is very tasty. I had some at Bennie's Red Barn on St Simon's Island and it was great (the piece of meat they put on my plate would feed several offensive linemen, but I took one for the team and ate it all).

Bison meat is too lean for my taste, and kind of gamey. Not a fan.

Gil Dobie
December 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I went homer, but SAM is a close second.

EdubAlum
December 9th, 2012, 09:26 AM
This is a great field of teams. Three fighting to become elite, and one with loads of tradition at this level. I'll take NDSU over EWU in Frisco. Would love to see Sam again, but it would be fun to embarrass the squad from Cheney. I hate their fans...both of them.

the feeling is mutual.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 09:28 AM

LOL....funny stuff!!

blueballs
December 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I don't see how anybody could rationally pick against NDSU, but at this level we get to find out for real and that is a beautiful thing.

steelr7
December 9th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I'm going with the Bison but would love the match-up against either EWU or SHSU in Frisco. Both team looked pretty good this weekend. SHSU really impressed me with their play on Friday. I don't know..i smell a rematch!

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 09:35 AM
LOL....funny stuff!!

Bison fans...living in the past, shallow sense of humor, so much hatred. xsmiley_wix

GSUwinsagain
December 9th, 2012, 09:40 AM
The Eagles just find a way to win and that will continue to flag number 7. Homer pick all the way.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Bison fans...living in the past, shallow sense of humor, so much hatred. xsmiley_wix

Like I said, that was funny stuff...

GSUsTALON
December 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I'm going with Georgia Southern not just for the next round against the powerful Bison but to go all the way this year.

Big Dawg
December 9th, 2012, 02:34 PM
It would be interesting to see a rematch of last years National Title game

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 03:06 PM

That is incorrect anyway.

NDSU has played 13 games

the defense gave up:

RMU 0

CSU 7

PVAM 7

UNI 21

YSU 7

ISUb 3

USD 0

SIU 10

MSU 10

SDSU 17

ISUr 20
-----------
SDSU 3

WC 0
-----------
Which equals 8.076 points per game. (This stat includes 21 garbage points, PVAM, UNI, SDSU regular season; if one would wish to leave out the garbage points its 6.46 points per game given up by our defense)

Brock Jensen throwing pick 6's does not affect the defenses stats.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Ha. If it happens between the first kick, and the final buzzer, it's part of the stats. I always hate it when ANY fan says "garbage time" or "garbage TD." I guarantee you wouldn't say that to one of the players.

I am assuming that by your statistical modeling, every girl (or guy) you have been with is a 9.2 or better.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Ha. If it happens between the first kick, and the final buzzer, it's part of the stats. I always hate it when ANY fan says "garbage time" or "garbage TD." I guarantee you wouldn't say that to one of the players.

I am assuming that by your statistical modeling, every girl (or guy) you have been with is a 9.2 or better.

There are parentheses around that part for that very reason, dip****. P.s. Ha. 8 ppg. WC couldn't manage a single offensive TD, yet PVAM did; sure says alot about the socon ;)

Bad swac teams > socon co champs?

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 03:30 PM
There are parentheses around that part for that very reason, dip****.

Only a total d*ck homer would include that anyway (parentheses or not.)

So (dip****) what you are saying (poorly it would seem) is that if you include parentheses when making a statement (no matter how lame and worthless) it's okay (to you the idiot poster) and that those comments should not be given any serious weight or consideration (like your pen*s)?

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Only a total d*ck homer would include that anyway (parentheses or not.)

So (dip****) what you are saying (poorly it would seem) is that if you include parentheses when making a statement (no matter how lame and worthless) it's okay (to you the idiot poster) and that those comments should not be given any serious weight or consideration (like your pen*s)?

Enjoy going home to your sister early, yet again, GSU.

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Enjoy the winter with your livestock...?

I thought a weak retort would be good for the weak smack you just tried to lay down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Enjoy the winter with your livestock...?

I thought a weak retort would be good for the weak smack you just tried to lay down.

You coming to watch the game....I have an extra ticket.......Then I can hear your smack crap up close....

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Sure, if you want to pony up $700 for the airfare. I wouldn't mind talking ***** to the enemy on their dime, regardless of the outcome of the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Sure, if you want to pony up $700 for the airfare. I wouldn't mind talking ***** to the enemy on their dime, regardless of the outcome of the game.

Suck it up and pay the coin there bigmouth...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM
That is incorrect anyway.

You should go work for the NCAA

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/1043

gsu2583
December 9th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Suck it up and pay the coin there bigmouth...

No. :)

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Sam Houston over NDSU in a vengence game.

Yes, I know that NDSU beat SHSU last year, but turnovers were key in that game.

Saint3333
December 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM
If GSU has no turnovers they win this weekend. But I like SHSU over GSU in the finals.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 06:20 PM
You should go work for the NCAA

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/1043

Not the first time the NCAA has been wrong about something. Not only is that stat counting all defensive touchdowns by opposing teams, it also says we have only played 12 games.

asumike83
December 9th, 2012, 06:39 PM
WC couldn't manage a single offensive TD, yet PVAM did; sure says alot about the socon ;)

Bad swac teams > socon co champs?

NDSU scored 14 on Wofford, Western Carolina scored 20. Does that mean the Bison offense is worse than Western's?

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 06:41 PM
NDSU scored 14 on Wofford, Western Carolina scored 20. Does that mean the Bison offense is worse than Western's?

Probably, the bison offense is horrible.

asumike83
December 9th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Probably, the bison offense is horrible.

I disagree there, only pointing out the flaw in using the transitive property. The Wofford defense is just real solid. App only scored 14 offensive points against WC and that was our strength.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I disagree there, only pointing out the flaw in using the transitive property. The Wofford defense is just real solid. App only scored 14 offensive points against WC and that was our strength.

You are disagreeing with your own assertion during an attempted smack session started by GSU? I realize your team isn't in the playoffs anymore but that doesn't mean you get to disregard the social norms of the messageboard.... ;)

asumike83
December 9th, 2012, 06:54 PM
You are disagreeing with your own assertion during an attempted smack session started by GSU? I realize your team isn't in the playoffs anymore but that doesn't mean you get to disregard the social norms of the messageboard.... ;)

Disregarding social norms helps me cope with the pain!

Really, my initial assertion was that both statements were equally absurd. NDSU is not a high octane offense but very physical.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Disregarding social norms helps me cope with the pain!

Really, my initial assertion was that both statements were equally absurd. NDSU is not a high octane offense but very physical.

There is no hope for you. xdontknowx

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2012, 08:59 PM
There is no hope for you. xdontknowx

Relax 26, Mike's cool. He joined a bunch of NDSU alumni for the Wofford watch party in Charlotte.

totoinfl
December 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Picking my Alma Mater (NDSU) would be the obvious...but the pedigree of this group of 4 is pretty good. I think rather than last one with the ball wins...last one to make a mistake loses. Homefield is crucial...for that reason NDSU gets the nod this weekend. I don't know much about EWU...but it appears that Sam is here to make a run...so I will take them this weekend.

NDSU1980
December 9th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I picked Eastern Washington....Big Sky all the way.
That's a laugh. EWU gets slaughtered on a field of red this week. No Sky for you.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Relax 26, Mike's cool. He joined a bunch of NDSU alumni for the Wofford watch party in Charlotte.

He's too cool, thats exactly the problem. I advise rereading the thread from when the GSU fan comments to gain perspective ;).

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM

I agree with you that you have to give credit where credit is due. Wofford has a stellar defense. With that being said I think what twentysix and many others myself included are saying is that our offense (more specifically our QB Jensen) is not and has not played a good game since before the Indiana State game. They have done just enough to win but with that it places a huge toll on our defense. I along with many other Bison fans would like to see Jensen get out of the funk he's been in or seems to be in. That pick six in this last game was just a horrible horrible pass. Now blaming Jensen may not be fair I really don't know, it may have been the receiver running the wrong route but either way our offensive numbers really haven't been on par with last years team in that offensively we are turning the ball over way more or it sure seems to me we are. Anyway again congratulations to a very solid Wofford team on a good season and representing of the SoCon.

GtFllsGriz
December 10th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I went with SHSU. I will pull for EWU since they are a conference foe. NDSU has a phenominal defense but their offense is nothing special. I think NDSU will beat GSU because of their defense and playing Wofford the previous week has to help prepare. I think GSU is better than Wofford but I don't think they will have enough offense to beat the NDSU defense.

The EWU/SHSU should be real interesting. I think EWU is certainly capable of winning this one but I think SHSU is just a little bit more sound and solid is all aspects of the game plus very quick.

I think SHSU wins a rematch with NDSU this year.

Good luck to all the teams and congratulations.