View Full Version : Sam Houston @ Eastern Washington

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Ready..................GO!

SeattleGriz
December 8th, 2012, 09:08 PM
This will be a great game. Be very interesting to see if EWU can make Sam Houston pay for the aggressive defense. That will be the key.

Red & Black
December 8th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I think it'll be a great game. If we play like we did tonight, I don't think we will win. But anything's possible. Cal Poly showed that SHSU is bery beatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
December 8th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Sam Houston 34-28. Why not?

EdubAlum
December 8th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Sat 1pm pacific

EdubAlum
December 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
12-4-2004. Ewu 34 shsu 35.... I have not forgotten!

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Should be a great game. Shootout

Red & Black
December 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM
12-4-2004. Ewu 34 shsu 35.... I have not forgotten!

I would rather forget. Epic melt-down.

patssle
December 8th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I would rather forget. Epic melt-down.

Here's a friendly reminder. :) http://youtu.be/URuZ7c2YDjQ?t=1m13s

dudeitsaid
December 8th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Great! Just what we needed to see! Look forward to payback in a week!

Southern Swarm
December 9th, 2012, 12:12 AM
This time last year I wasn't really a fan of Sam Houston. I kinda felt like they walked through a cupcake schedule and then had a fairly light path through the playoffs at home.

Can't say that this year they've hung with some tough teams and these Bearkats have proven they have claws. But it' hard to win on that red field and if this we're in a neutral location i think I'd lean SHSU but I think I'll take ECW by a late TD drive in an intially defensive battle that opens up in the second half.

Good luck the both of ya.

word
December 9th, 2012, 12:22 AM
The chalk says EWU, but i'm pretty sure it'll be a rematch.

The way teams are playing I think Sam Houston is the favorite right now.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 12:56 AM
The chalk says EWU, but i'm pretty sure it'll be a rematch.

The way teams are playing I think Sam Houston is the favorite right now.

That's the way I like it. Villanova and UD were favorites too... xcoffeex

Texas
December 9th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Great! Just what we needed to see! Look forward to payback in a week!

I think we've heard that before... Like this past week maybe...

Gonna be great game, excited for the weekend. Won't be sick as a dog either so I can goto a watch party. xbeerchugx

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 01:35 AM
If there was ever a game for both teams(read fans) to be sucked into a blackhole; this is it. xpeacex

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 01:52 AM
If there was ever a game for both teams(read fans) to be sucked into a blackhole; this is it. xpeacex

I doubt NDSU fans' collectively sore vaginas have that much combined gravity, but it's certainly possible.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 01:54 AM
I doubt NDSU fans' collectively sore vaginas have that much combined gravity, but it's certainly possible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2178781/Iran-nuclear-facilities-hit-cyber-attack-plays-AC-DCs-Thunderstruck-volume.html

doubt us ;)

coover
December 9th, 2012, 02:40 AM
This is going to be a great game between two very different teams. The only comparison I have is that EWU beat my guys by 17, while Sam Houston beat them by 2. EWU ran and passed all over Cal Poly's defense, while San Houston did not. Thankfully for EWU, they've faced and beaten a good Triple Option Club, so practice for San Houston's offense should not be a major problem ... EWU already plays excellent assignment defense.

I can imagine a Sam Houston win, but I doubt that it will happen. Eastern Washington will play in January, and I believe that North Dakota State will be there, too.

Georgia Southern fans, however, should not consider my statement above as a slight to their team. I think that GS may, in fact, beat North Dakota in the Fargo Dome. The NDSU - GS game will be a monster game, with both teams beating up the other. Thankfully, the winner will have several weeks to recover before the championship game. The slight edge here goes to the home team, simply because it is the home team.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 02:45 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2178781/Iran-nuclear-facilities-hit-cyber-attack-plays-AC-DCs-Thunderstruck-volume.html

doubt us ;)

xlolx

That is pretty damn awesome.

JPhillips71
December 9th, 2012, 02:48 AM
So which Sam Houston team is coming to Cheney? The team that struggled to down CPoly or the team that jumped on MState? I think, if the BearKats bring anything less than the latter, you are going to see Padron and Kaufman lead the Eagles to a win.

Texas
December 9th, 2012, 03:36 AM
This is going to be a great game between two very different teams. The only comparison I have is that EWU beat my guys by 17, while Sam Houston beat them by 2. EWU ran and passed all over Cal Poly's defense, while San Houston did not. Thankfully for EWU, they've faced and beaten a good Triple Option Club, so practice for San Houston's offense should not be a major problem ... EWU already plays excellent assignment defense.

I can imagine a Sam Houston win, but I doubt that it will happen. Eastern Washington will play in January, and I believe that North Dakota State will be there, too.

Georgia Southern fans, however, should not consider my statement above as a slight to their team. I think that GS may, in fact, beat North Dakota in the Fargo Dome. The NDSU - GS game will be a monster game, with both teams beating up the other. Thankfully, the winner will have several weeks to recover before the championship game. The slight edge here goes to the home team, simply because it is the home team.
It's okay your team lost last week, it's time to move on with your life. One day Cal Poly will play football again, I promise.

kingkat99
December 9th, 2012, 06:11 AM
It's okay your team lost last week, it's time to move on with your life. One day Cal Poly will play football again, I promise.

I have noticed the butt hurt runs real deep with this guy myself. deep down he wants us to win it all so he can go around say "we only lost by 2pts and were the better team" about the NC.

kakat10
December 9th, 2012, 07:24 AM
I can tell you the team that played Cal Poly offensively was the WORST football I've seen at Sam Houston in years. The team you saw at Montana St. was the Bearkat Offense, they'll be the ones in Cheney on Sat. I think the KATS will win by at least 14. From what I saw, EWU has a soft defense and I don't see us having a problem scoring. Our defense has been battle tested against TAMU and Heisman winner Manziel and run & gun Baylor. EWU is no TAMU or Baylor and the SMU reject is not Heisman caliber.

All this week we will hear something like the red turf is awesome, it won't be close. Sam Houston fans will hear more and more reasons why we won't win. Then on Saturday we will prove the haters wrong, again, and punch our ticket to Frisco. I think many are running out of reason we can't win. Big Sky teams? CHECK Cold weather? Check Not being from a good conference therefore we are weak? DESTROYED and the list goes on and on... Go ahead and add beating EWU on the Red Turf...

TheRevSFA
December 9th, 2012, 08:00 AM
If EWU can expose Sam's weakness with the deep ball, it's going to be a long day for the Kats; however, I don't see Padron having much time to throw.

EWU can play solid assignment defense, as shown against poly and that could be very beneficial, but Flanders/Sincere/Hill are a tough combo to go against and Bell can sneak in a good pass every now and then, especially if the secondary cheats up.

Sam proved last weekend that they can play in the cold, so the x-factor is that turf. Sam lost on that monstrosity they call a field in Conway, Arkansas, so does the red turf give EWU enough of an advantage to win?

I think Sam takes it 38-28

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 09:06 AM
If sam houston slows or stops Kaufman easy victory for shsu. The red turf is a fan factor in a win or a lose not a player issue. Eastern wont handle the relentless presser that shsu will bring just ask montana state players. It will be very similar to the montana state game it will stay close in first half and slip away from eastern in the 2nd half

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Why are we stopping our game comparisons to only Cal Poly? Eagles beat MSU in Bozeman by 3 and we won on the same field 34-16.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 09:22 AM
If sam houston slows or stops Kaufman easy victory for shsu. The red turf is a fan factor in a win or a lose not a player issue. Eastern wont handle the relentless presser that shsu will bring just ask montana state players. It will be very similar to the montana state game it will stay close in first half and slip away from eastern in the 2nd half

Kauf is a game changer and if you're thinking back to your game with us, yes you guys really shut him down. But that was with Adams at the helm. Padron is absolutely on fire right now and we're a different offense with him in the game. We also have 3 other very capable receivers, one of which was an all american and caught 18 TD's last year.

There's no way Sam can bring any more pressure than ISU did last night. They have a very good front 4 to begin with, but when they fell behind by 18, they brought everything. Padron was able to beat them on a few passes, and Quincy Forte popped off a long run.

So it's nothing we haven't seen and we have the weapons and system to neutralize that pressure. I think this game will be more about how our defense plays. They are banged up a bit and just gave up 35 points.

clawman
December 9th, 2012, 09:31 AM
So which Sam Houston team is coming to Cheney? The team that struggled to down CPoly or the team that jumped on MState? I think, if the BearKats bring anything less than the latter, you are going to see Padron and Kaufman lead the Eagles to a win.

I've felt MSU was over rated all season long. The polling system in FCS is a joke and the Bobcats were the beneficiary. I hope SHSU lets that win go to their head because it is a shallow win and the Eagles will gladly set these Kats straight!

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 09:36 AM
...and can you stop the run. Padron won't have the attempts he did against ISU. EWU is 57th vs the run.

And we'll join your conversation about scoring offense. Kats are 2nd in the nation in scoring & 10th in total Off. I just see Kats as the more potent team here on both sides. Should be fun.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 09:44 AM
...and can you stop the run. Padron won't have the attempts he did against ISU. EWU is 57th vs the run.

And we'll join your conversation about scoring offense. Kats are 2nd in the nation in scoring & 10th in total Off. I just see Kats as the more potent team here on both sides. Should be fun.

Depends on which defense shows up...the one who gave up over 400 rushing yards to Montana or the one that effetively shut down Cal Poly. But for the record, we ran 18 less plays the ISU last night.

clawman
December 9th, 2012, 09:44 AM

and... thats why we play the games. See you in Cheney?

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Kauf is a game changer and if you're thinking back to your game with us, yes you guys really shut him down. But that was with Adams at the helm. Padron is absolutely on fire right now and we're a different offense with him in the game. We also have 3 other very capable receivers, one of which was an all american and caught 18 TD's last year.

There's no way Sam can bring any more pressure than ISU did last night. They have a very good front 4 to begin with, but when they fell behind by 18, they brought everything. Padron was able to beat them on a few passes, and Quincy Forte popped off a long run.

So it's nothing we haven't seen and we have the weapons and system to neutralize that pressure. I think this game will be more about how our defense plays. They are banged up a bit and just gave up 35 points.

I am not saying you dont have other capable recievers but look at last night where did you turn for the long td's. if you take him out of the game you won't have enough time on your side to score the points you will need. Shsu will bring pressure from every where not just there front 4. The speed they bring at every position is what is different than most teams. They can be beat and maybe your team has the recipe but I just think its the speed of Shsu as a whole team is what is going to keep your feild red. Good luck!!!

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 09:48 AM
This game wont be as close as people think, contrary to popular belief, ISU does not have a defense near as good as SHSU, they are turnover machines, I see paaadradradron throwing two picks in this game possibly leaving the game at some point. our front 6 are going to give him hell all night.

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Why are we stopping our game comparisons to only Cal Poly? Eagles beat MSU in Bozeman by 3 and we won on the same field 34-16.Because comparing scores is stupid

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I can tell you the team that played Cal Poly offensively was the WORST football I've seen at Sam Houston in years. The team you saw at Montana St. was the Bearkat Offense, they'll be the ones in Cheney on Sat. I think the KATS will win by at least 14. From what I saw, EWU has a soft defense and I don't see us having a problem scoring..

The SHSU offense we saw against Cal Poly was shut down to 241 yards at home 16 points at home. I argue Cal Poly had something to do with that. You seem to act as if SHSU offense just had an off day. Sullivan Grosz spent the whole afternoon in SHSU's backfield blowing up it up.

I think SHSU will score on EWU. The question is can SHSU score enough to keep up with EWU. I can see this one going either way.

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Poly came to play that day, no doubt. Looked like the Kats were caught sleeping. It was either that or the Ponies have the best defense in the country. NOPE. Caught sleeping it was.

Either way, the playoffs roll along & it's good to be part of the final 4 again. And, no, Clawman - won't be making the trip to Cheney. I'm sure there will be plenty of watch parties down here in Texas. Looking fwd to a good game.

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 10:01 AM
The SHSU offense we saw against Cal Poly was shut down to 241 yards at home 16 points at home. I argue Cal Poly had something to do with that. You seem to act as if SHSU offense just had an off day. Sullivan Grosz spent the whole afternoon in SHSU's backfield blowing up it up.

I think SHSU will score on EWU. The question is can SHSU score enough to keep up with EWU. I can see this one going either way.

That is great you had players in the backfield, but will eastern. Dont forget that is what your defense did not easterns

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Poly came to play that day, no doubt. Looked like the Kats were caught sleeping. It was either that or the Ponies have the best defense in the country. NOPE. Caught sleeping it was.

Either way, the playoffs roll along & it's good to be part of the final 4 again. And, no, Clawman - won't be making the trip to Cheney. I'm sure there will be plenty of watch parties down here in Texas. Looking fwd to a good game.

Nope, we are not the best defense in the country, we give up too many yards against good passing teams (see our game against EWU). We shut down the mighty SHSU offense and it must be they were just caught sleeping, not. I find it funny that so many SHSU can not just say that Cal Poly had a defense that matched up REALLY well with SHSU offense.

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 10:16 AM
WE DID!! But that's not good enough for you Californians. Again - why are we arguing this? As much as y'all 'shut us down' you threw a double reverse pass with a minute left to erase a 9 pt lead. Congrats.

Moving on.

howroark
December 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=kakat10;1913405]Our defense has been battle tested against TAMU and Heisman winner Manziel and run & gun Baylor. EWU is no TAMU or Baylor and the SMU reject is not Heisman caliber.

How does losing by 25 & 19 make your defense 'battle-tested'? A more accurate description would be shell-shocked. EWU isn't either of those teams but they have put up points on a lot of good defenses this year. Kaufman could probably start on either of those teams, so watch out. The Eagles D gives up points but also comes up with stops at critical times. This team will not fold. I expect EWU to win in a close game.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I am not saying you dont have other capable recievers but look at last night where did you turn for the long td's. if you take him out of the game you won't have enough time on your side to score the points you will need. Shsu will bring pressure from every where not just there front 4. The speed they bring at every position is what is different than most teams. They can be beat and maybe your team has the recipe but I just think its the speed of Shsu as a whole team is what is going to keep your feild red. Good luck!!!

We scored non-stop without Kauf have of last year. IF SHSU can take him away, we have numerous other threats and that has been proven even late into this season. And it wasn't just the front 4 for ISU last night, they pretty much blitzed the entire second half...so...

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 10:32 AM
WE DID!! But that's not good enough for you Californians. Again - why are we arguing this? As much as y'all 'shut us down' you threw a double reverse pass with a minute left to erase a 9 pt lead. Congrats.

Moving on.

I was answering katkat10's comment. And as far as the double reverse pass we threw, it has nothing to do with he fact we shut down your offense to 241 yards. You have not heard me say once that Cal Poly would have won the game if our offense did not have an off day. SHSU defense CAUSED our off day on offense and won the game. All I hear from SHSU fans is their offense had an off day. I am just saying Cal Poly's defense had something to do with SHSU's off day on offense.

Moving on now.

Go Eagles!!!!

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 10:35 AM
We scored non-stop without Kauf have of last year. IF SHSU can take him away, we have numerous other threats and that has been proven even late into this season. And it wasn't just the front 4 for ISU last night, they pretty much blitzed the entire second half...so...

IF you think that the SHSU D is anything like ISU you will be in for a treat 1, and 2 your boys will be watching us play the bison. Your coaches are no doubt smarter than you and know that the team they are about to face will be the best they have seen this year. Too much team speed on both sides of the ball not to mention a D that is killing teams with big turnovers.... Look for more of the same Saturday, SHSU wins this game decisively.

Cleets
December 9th, 2012, 10:39 AM
IF you think that the SHSU D is anything like ISU you will be in for a treat 1, and 2 your boys will be watching us play the bison. Your coaches are no doubt smarter than you and know that the team they are about to face will be the best they have seen this year. Too much team speed on both sides of the ball not to mention a D that is killing teams with big turnovers.... Look for more of the same Saturday, SHSU wins this game decisively.

Meh...
If both teams play good games (Lets start there) and up to their potential
This will be a good game - and - Each team will be playing pretty close to the best team they've seen in a while for sure

I have SHSU winning fairly easily (LATE) but I think we've got a great game for 3 quarters - but I think they break a couple big plays late and win pulling away

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I've felt MSU was over rated all season long. The polling system in FCS is a joke and the Bobcats were the beneficiary. I hope SHSU lets that win go to their head because it is a shallow win and the Eagles will gladly set these Kats straight!

You are right MSU was over rated..........but so are you guys, in the polls and on the field. SHSU will show you how over rated you are when they beat you in front of your 86 fans on your red rag. ABSOLUTELY NOWAY EWU WINS THIS GAME..........SHSU could have 9 turnovers and still win by double digits...that is how much better they are than EWU.

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 10:46 AM
You are right MSU was over rated..........but so are you guys, in the polls and on the field. SHSU will show you how over rated you are when they beat you in front of your 86 fans on your red rag. ABSOLUTELY NOWAY EWU WINS THIS GAME..........SHSU could have 9 turnovers and still win by double digits...that is how much better they are than EWU.

Hey Alpha, your Eagle envy is showing. :)

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Hey Alpha, your Eagle envy is showing. :)

Envy would imply that they have something I want and they dont, there isnt a player coach or fan I would take off that team.....or their bandwagon. Simply not that good of a team and they will be embarrassed on Saturday, possibly more than the other over rated team Montana State.................where are they now? Remind me.......xcoffeex

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Envy would imply that they have something I want and they dont, there isnt a player coach or fan I would take off that team.....or their bandwagon. Simply not that good of a team and they will be embarrassed on Saturday, possibly more than the other over rated team Montana State.................where are they now? Remind me.......xcoffeex

Both EWU and MSU made the playoffs. MSU made the Elite 8 and EWU made the Final 4. Simply saying they are not good teams is not being honest with yourself. Where is Montana this year? Remind me.......xcoffeex

Cleets
December 9th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Both EWU and MSU made the playoffs. MSU made the Elite 8 and EWU made the Final 4. Simply saying they are not good teams is not being honest with yourself. Where is Montana this year? Remind me.......xcoffeex

If you're looking for "honest" banter from ALpha
You are confused about trolling

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 11:09 AM

You act like this years playoff field is great, its not. There is NDSU then a very distant second SHSU and then seven spots later you find GSU and Old Dominion everyone else is very very average they are just in the same tournament. Doesnt make them good teams.

In answer to your question about where Montana is....we are at home. We suck and we are going down hill, we are on pace to meet up with most of the teams I mentioned at just slightly better than .500 for years to come. Worst team Montana has had in 30 years and EWU and MSU barely beat us so there ya go......we suck *** they must not be far behind.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Cleets and Alpha have picked against us...again! This makes my day!

SHSU may be the best team we have faced all year. On both sides of the ball, they really appear to be "all of that, and more." Yep, we might lose this one. That being said...

I like our home field advantage anyway, but SHSU is making back to back long distance road trips. That's not an easy thing to do.

They have great speed on defense, but I'm quite sure no better than WSU who we gained 400 yards on. Our offense is multi-dimensional enough to neutralize this.

BTW, we have some really good speed on D as well - especially the d-line, where we platoon 10 different players. That depth has a way of wearing down teams late and we have been a very good 4th quarter team this year.

SHSU pretty much rolled every FCS opponent they faced this year that is not named Central Arkansas or Cal Poly. So there is game film on exactly how to slow down this offense. Not saying we will, that's up to execution...but it's there none-the less.

SHSU squeeked by Poly and played really well against Montana State. I would say our defense is at least equal to Poly's and neither the Stangs or Montana State possessed our passing attack. SHSU is susceptible to the pass.

I think this boils down to whether our D can slow them up enough.

So to sum it up...SHSU is really good, we might lose, and anyone who's predicting an "easy" victory for either team is a dope and/or homer and/or hater.

It will really be fun this week reading how little of a chance we've got.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Cleets and Alpha have picked against us...again!

Your chances are actually a LOT less than that.........................

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 11:27 AM

Envy driven self loathing is a vicious cycle, AG. I'm now going to pray for you.:D

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 11:27 AM

SHSU may be the best team we have faced all year. On both sides of the ball, they really appear to be "all of that, and more." Yep, we might lose this one. That being said...

I like our home field advantage anyway, but SHSU is making back to back long distance road trips. That's not an easy thing to do.

They have great speed on defense, but I'm quite sure no better than WSU who we gained 400 yards on. Our offense is multi-dimensional enough to neutralize this.

BTW, we have some really good speed on D as well - especially the d-line, where we platoon 10 different players. That depth has a way of wearing down teams late and we have been a very good 4th quarter team this year.

SHSU pretty much rolled every FCS opponent they faced this year that is not named Central Arkansas or Cal Poly. So there is game film on exactly how to slow down this offense. Not saying we will, that's up to execution...but it's there none-the less.

SHSU squeeked by Poly and played really well against Montana State. I would say our defense is at least equal to Poly's and neither the Stangs or Montana State possessed our passing attack. SHSU is susceptible to the pass.

So to sum it up...SHSU is really good, we might lose, and anyone who's predicting an "easy" victory for either team is a dope and/or homer and/or hater.

Well said kalm. Have an extra beer or two for me at your tailgate this weekend. I be watching at home a pulling for the Eagles!!!

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Your chances are actually a LOT less than that.........................

Again...thank you!

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Again...thank you!

Seriously....way way less. They have "southern speed" on their side.

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 11:30 AM

first this isn't last year who cares, second if they take kauf out of the game your run game wont be affective. I am not saying it will happen just that if it does you wont win the game. look at it this way we didnt have a run game in part we didnt have kirk, but they shut that down on us and a long game resulted. that being said if they shut kauf down i see similar result for you guys. refering back to our game this is why your offense sputtered against us and dont tell me that your offense won the game.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Well said kalm. Have an extra beer or two for me at your tailgate this weekend. I be watching at home a pulling for the Eagles!!!

Thanks man...but I'll have to crack a beer in your honor at the Disneyland Hotel. You'll be closer to the game than me!

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 11:33 AM
first this isn't last year who cares, second if they take kauf out of the game your run game wont be affective. I am not saying it will happen just that if it does you wont win the game. look at it this way we didnt have a run game in part we didnt have kirk, but they shut that down on us and a long game resulted. that being said if they shut kauf down i see similar result for you guys. refering back to our game this is why your offense sputtered against us and dont tell me that your offense won the game.

I am pretty sure SHSU just scored on you guys again before you hit SUBMIT for this post...............................

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Seriously....way way less. They have "southern speed" on their side.

Ahhhh ****! I forgot about that. We are toast!xlolx

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
at least we had the chance to play shsu
I am pretty sure SHSU just scored on you guys again before you hit SUBMIT for this post...............................

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 11:49 AM
at least we had the chance to play shsu

I wouldnt exactly call it..................nevermind.....I wont kick you when you are down. My apologies.

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I wouldnt exactly call it..................nevermind.....I wont kick you when you are down. My apologies.

lets not ruin this thread with your worthless posts what is your key for easterns win or loss? Its worth a shot everybody.

Sammy94
December 9th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I see this being a very high scoring game. It is a known fact the Kats can be scored on through the air because of the aggressive D we run. The Kats also have one of the best scoring offenses in the FCS. Will EWU have the D to hold the Kats to fewer points? I like SAM's chances to stop EWU more times then EWU stopping them. SHSU 48 - EWU 38 is my prediction.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 12:11 PM
1) It's pretty much the same offense this year sans the o-line injuries.

2) I pointed out in my post that he had games late THIS season where he was not the primary target. Edwards had more catches and yards against Davis, and Herd did the same against Poly. Kauf gets double teamed quite a bit and is very effective without the ball, dragging coverages with him. Our first td yesterday was a case of this with Kaufmann pulling the safety to his side, leaving the middle wide open for Daniel Johnson coming out of the backfield. So I'm sorry, but they can take away Kauf and we can beat them elsewhere.

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I see this being a very high scoring game. It is a known fact the Kats can be scored on through the air because of the aggressive D we run. The Kats also have one of the best scoring offenses in the FCS. Will EWU have the D to hold the Kats to fewer points? I like SAM's chances to stop EWU more times then EWU stopping them. SHSU 48 - EWU 38 is my prediction.If eastern throws quick passes they will move the ball down the field, but if they throw to many medium and long balls your defense will put the hurt on them. The short passes will help the run game and a few shots down field.
shsu 38 ewu 14

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 12:24 PM
my post after yours shows i agree that is true but without the quick scores i dont think you will score enough points against them
1) It's pretty much the same offense this year sans the o-line injuries.

2) I pointed out in my post that he had games late THIS season where he was not the primary target. Edwards had more catches and yards against Davis, and Herd did the same against Poly. Kauf gets double teamed quite a bit and is very effective without the ball, dragging coverages with him. Our first td yesterday was a case of this with Kaufmann pulling the safety to his side, leaving the middle wide open for Daniel Johnson coming out of the backfield. So I'm sorry, but they can take away Kauf and we can beat them elsewhere.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM

There's a major flaw in your analysis.... EWU players are not like MSU players. We don't fold up like lawnchairs. We also have a much bigger and better OL than MSU. Like kalm said, there's no way SHSU can pressure us more than ISU did... the Redbirds were #5 in FCS in sacks, probably higher if you include QBHs and TFLs. They wanted to bring the house, and we made them pay with the deep ball and draws. It will be much of the same vs. the Kats.

Also, they don't have oodles and oodles of team speed. Their offense however is good at getting defenders out of position... like their WR leading Darius Jones to the sideline then cutting back to the middle of the field while Jones was trying to flip his head around. He got burned like AlphaJizz in the EWU/ISU thread.

slycat
December 9th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I'm ready for some Bearkat orange to clash with the red field. Good luck to SHSU I expect them to win. Y'alls coach is a beast. Can't believe he hasn't been hired away yet.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I see this being a very high scoring game. It is a known fact the Kats can be scored on through the air because of the aggressive D we run. The Kats also have one of the best scoring offenses in the FCS. Will EWU have the D to hold the Kats to fewer points? I like SAM's chances to stop EWU more times then EWU stopping them. SHSU 48 - EWU 38 is my prediction.

While I disagree with your prediction, this is by far the most rational post from any SHSU fan on here. It will be a close, high scoring game.

fmrbearkat
December 9th, 2012, 12:57 PM
There's a major flaw in your analysis.... EWU players are not like MSU players. We don't fold up like lawnchairs. We also have a much bigger and better OL than MSU. Like kalm said, there's no way SHSU can pressure us more than ISU did... the Redbirds were #5 in FCS in sacks, probably higher if you include QBHs and TFLs. They wanted to bring the house, and we made them pay with the deep ball and draws. It will be much of the same vs. the Kats.

Also, they don't have oodles and oodles of team speed. Their offense however is good at getting defenders out of position... like their WR leading Darius Jones to the sideline then cutting back to the middle of the field while Jones was trying to flip his head around. He got burned like AlphaJizz in the EWU/ISU thread.

I'm glad you think they blitz alot....you've never seen a defense like this! Nearly every play is man and we bring the house! I played against Stoker's D when he was at NWSt and I it was the game I dreaded most every single year! It comes from everywhere all the time! I'm just glad he's on our side now!

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I'm glad you think they blitz alot....you've never seen a defense like this! Nearly every play is man and we bring the house! I played against Stoker's D when he was at NWSt and I it was the game I dreaded most every single year! It comes from everywhere all the time! I'm just glad he's on our side now!

I saw that defense just last night.

fmrbearkat
December 9th, 2012, 01:05 PM
They ran the same scheme against one of the Best pass offenses inFBS in Baylor and took a 24-10 lead into half and our offense even gave them a few points in the 3rd. We took that lead into the 4th until Baylors depth wore our DB's out. And they got 3 scores in the final 3 minutes of the game! They did this against two receivers who run under a 4.3 one of them was a Biletnikoff finalist and sure first round pick in Terrance Williams!

katstrapper
December 9th, 2012, 01:44 PM
By the numbers....(Thru Saturday games)

SHSU Offense
41.8 ppg ( have outscored their opponents 542 - 241)
268.5 yds rushing per game
191.8 yds passing per game
460.3 total yds per game
5 sacks allowed

SHSU Defense
18.7 ppg
87.4 yds rushing per game
223.2 yds passing per game
310.6 yds per game allowed
31 sacks

Eastern Washington Offense
33.1 ppg (outscored opponents 430 - 311)
129.8 yds rushing per game
306.8 yds passing per game
436.5 total yds per game
30 sacks allowed

EWU Defense
23.9 ppg
159.0 yds rushing allowed per game
235.8 yds passing allowed per game
394.8 total yds allowed per game
32 sacks

JPhillips71
December 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
So basically all the arguments made by the BearKats are the same ones I heard last week. With so many predicting a two score win by the red birds. I do believe that Sam H. Will be much better than Illinois, but I think y'all on here could use a dose of humility and realism.
EWU probably won't win this one big, but you are just kidding yourself if you think they are going to roll over and play dead.
It's funny how many people get sucked into the trap of thinking EWU is a soft team, and then find themselves on the wrong side of one of our rallies. It's not the margin of victory in our wins, you have to go back and look at how it happens to understand why this team will not go down. I'm not saying that they are invincible and I'm by no means guaranteeing a win. But this team has made a living on come from behind wins and narrow victories. Our two losses coming by 3 and 4 points as well. It's no secret that this team plays very much to the level of its opponent most weeks. So if you think Sam H is a great team then expect an Eagles squad that responds in kind.
This Eagle fan is counting on an exciting game with big offensive and defensive plays from both teams.

fmrbearkat
December 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM
So basically all the arguments made by the BearKats are the same ones I heard last week. With so many predicting a two score win by the red birds. I do believe that Sam H. Will be much better than Illinois, but I think y'all on here could use a dose of humility and realism.
EWU probably won't win this one big, but you are just kidding yourself if you think they are going to roll over and play dead.
It's funny how many people get sucked into the trap of thinking EWU is a soft team, and then find themselves on the wrong side of one of our rallies. It's not the margin of victory in our wins, you have to go back and look at how it happens to understand why this team will not go down. I'm not saying that they are invincible and I'm by no means guaranteeing a win. But this team has made a living on come from behind wins and narrow victories. Our two losses coming by 3 and 4 points as well. It's no secret that this team plays very much to the level of its opponent most weeks. So if you think Sam H is a great team then expect an Eagles squad that responds in kind.
This Eagle fan is counting on an exciting game with big offensive and defensive plays from both teams.

I hope your right...I love when we get a full 3hrs of exciting football! Don't get me wrong I wont complain if Sam puts it away early but I hope it's an exciting game! It will be fun getting a preview of our home and home coming up!! How big we're the injuries y'all sustained last week? I can only think of one we might have had and it was our DE Weaver I beleive. Looked like he might have broke something on his hand which he should be able to play through. If not his backup plays just as much as he does!!

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I saw that defense just last night.

No you didnt, you saw "midwestern speed" not "southern speed" very big AND geographic difference......................................

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM
No you didnt, you saw "midwestern speed" not "southern speed" very big AND geographic difference......................................

Meh...they all look the same to me.

(I hope that wasn't racist???)

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=kakat10;1913405]Our defense has been battle tested against TAMU and Heisman winner Manziel and run & gun Baylor. EWU is no TAMU or Baylor and the SMU reject is not Heisman caliber.

How does losing by 25 & 19 make your defense 'battle-tested'? A more accurate description would be shell-shocked. EWU isn't either of those teams but they have put up points on a lot of good defenses this year. Kaufman could probably start on either of those teams, so watch out. The Eagles D gives up points but also comes up with stops at critical times. This team will not fold. I expect EWU to win in a close game.

Trying to compare EWU to Texas A&M or Baylor is comical. I hate to let you guys in on a secret but our defense will get more stops than yalls defense will, and by the end of the 3rd quarter this game will be in the bag and ill be taking shots to Frisco... Thanks for playing and no need for i told you so's around 6 next saturday.

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 02:26 PM
And please tell me about these good big sky defense's. Weak conference defensively.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=howroark;1913542]

Trying to compare EWU to Texas A&M or Baylor is comical. I hate to let you guys in on a secret but our defense will get more stops than yalls defense will, and by the end of the 3rd quarter this game will be in the bag and ill be taking shots to Frisco... Thanks for playing and no need for i told you so's around 6 next saturday.

Adorable

katstrapper
So basically all the arguments made by the BearKats are the same ones I heard last week. With so many predicting a two score win by the red birds. I do believe that Sam H. Will be much better than Illinois, but I think y'all on here could use a dose of humility and realism.EWU probably won't win this one big, but you are just kidding yourself if you think they are going to roll over and play dead.

Humility and realism? I dont think most Bearkat fans will look past EWU by any means nor expect them to roll over and play dead. This will be another tough road trip to the Northwest, but I think Sam Houston sent a message Friday night after the dismantling of a good Montana St team and in a very loud environment and cold weather conditions. If you read through this entire board, I would say the majority of posters on this board have completely gone against what Sam Houston has been able to do until the Bearkats proved them wrong.
The 2011 season was a great season for Bearkat football, but no one thought they deserved to be #1 seed in the playoffs and couldnt beat playoff competition in the later rounds... So they went out and beat Stony Brook, Montana St and Montana.
Kats proved them wrong all the way to the NC game where they faced a tough NDSU team and stood toe to toe the entire game. I think Sam Houston really showed they were for real, especially the Kat D. Two plays changed the outcome of that game.

Fast forward to 2012, Kats ranked preseason #1 and again nobody gave the Kats credit. Sure Sam Houston finished regular season 8-3, but if you look deeper into the schedule, Kats have faired pretty well against FCS competition. Taking out the 3 non conference games, Kats are 9-1 against the FCS, 2-0 against Big Sky Conference Co-Champs in the playoffs thus far. Kats had a tough home game against a very good #11 ranked Cal Poly team and went on the road and dismantled the #2 ranked team in the nation. Sam Houston wont be able to quiet the critics until they bring home the NATTY.

So excuse the Bearkat fans if they are a little confident in this Sam Houston team.

OrygunBison
The Bearcat D was the best my Bison saw last year. I was taken aback by it in Frisco. We were very close to losing that game and needed some trickery to change the mo.

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM

Couldn't have said it better.

katstrapper
December 9th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I hope your right...I love when we get a full 3hrs of exciting football! Don't get me wrong I wont complain if Sam puts it away early but I hope it's an exciting game! It will be fun getting a preview of our home and home coming up!! How big we're the injuries y'all sustained last week? I can only think of one we might have had and it was our DE Weaver I beleive. Looked like he might have broke something on his hand which he should be able to play through. If not his backup plays just as much as he does!!

I think Weaver just had something dislocated. According to Bearkat fan site he said on Twitter that he was ok, just a little sore and will be ready to play.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 02:31 PM

If you play man against us and bring the house, you will get torched by quick slants, bubble screens, deep balls, and draws. Good luck.

katstrapper
December 9th, 2012, 02:35 PM
The Bearcat D was the best my Bison saw last year. I was taken aback by it in Frisco. We were very close to losing that game and needed some trickery to change the mo.

Kat D was taking over that game. Kats scored back to back field goals before the half and then held NDSU to a 3 and out on the first drive of the third quarter. Bohl called the fake punt at the right moment.

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 02:37 PM
im guessing you realized i wasnt talking to him

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM
And please tell me about these good big sky defense's. Weak conference defensively.

Says the Southland fan with not one single team ranked in the top 40 in pass defense...

Your D looks really good and I'm excited about the matchup, but we heard this all last week. Ask ISU fans about their #23 defense (against superior competition than a Southland schedule) whether it's a case of no defense in the BSC or really, really good offenses.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Interesting to note; Bearkat fans think that their performance against CP shouldn't be the basis for comparison because they don't normally play that badly. EWU fans knows that our game against MSU shouldn't be the basis for comparison because normally we don't play that badly either. When given two extremes or contrasting points of view, more often than not the truth lies in the gray area in between.

EWU beat CP at home by 17, and beat MSU on the road by 3, both by a combined 20.
SHSU beat CP at home by 2, and beat MSU on the road by 18, both by a combined 20.

Like I've already said, I expect this to be a close, highly entertaining, high scoring game.

fmrbearkat
December 9th, 2012, 02:45 PM
If you play man against us and bring the house, you will get torched by quick slants, bubble screens, deep balls, and draws. Good luck.

That's seems familiar...only heard that from every single team we've played opposing fans! Hope you get lucky and get one of those premium tickets so you can see how it happens first hand! Y'all will get some plays, move the ball a littlebit but you won't go too far down the field very often! Enjoy the show!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM
That's seems familiar...only heard that from every single team we've played opposing fans! Hope you get lucky and get one of those premium tickets so you can see how it happens first hand! Y'all will get some plays, move the ball a littlebit but you won't go too far down the field very often! Enjoy the show!

Oh, my bad. I didn't realize that every team you played had three NFL caliber WRs that go 6'5, 6'3 and 6'3, and a big, highly accurate QB with 2 years experience picking apart FBS defenses. Carry on. xcoffeex

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Interesting to note; Bearkat fans think that their performance against CP shouldn't be the basis for comparison because they don't normally play that badly. EWU fans knows that our game against MSU shouldn't be the basis for comparison because normally we don't play that badly either. When given two extremes or contrasting points of view, more often than not the truth lies in the gray area in between.

EWU beat CP at home by 17, and beat MSU on the road by 3, both by a combined 20.
SHSU beat CP at home by 2, and beat MSU on the road by 18, both by a combined 20.

Like I've already said, I expect this to be a close, highly entertaining, high scoring game.once again were comparing scores.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM
3 NFL caliber WRs........that is *****ing funny!!!

SHSU.............thats all you need to know about this tool!!!

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM
once again were comparing scores.

And...that's kind of the point in all this isn't it? Compare common opponents, stats, conferences, and the like?

I found that comparison particularly interesting.

fmrbearkat
December 9th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Oh, my bad. I didn't realize that every team you played had three NFL caliber WRs that go 6'5, 6'3 and 6'3, and a big, highly accurate QB with 2 years experience picking apart FBS defenses. Carry on. xcoffeex

I would be really surprised if one of those NFL caliber wr's ever touch an NFL field much less 2!! And that guy that couldn't cut it at SMU that got replaced by a freshman the 2nd half of the year??? That guy...I wouldn't worry about that little guy!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 02:57 PM
3 NFL caliber WRs........that is *****ing funny!!!

SHSU.............thats all you need to know about this tool!!!

Considering we've had NFL scouts at fall camp and a lot of our games checking out Kaufman, Edwards and Herd... yeah, I guess that is pretty funny.

fmrbearkat
December 9th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Damn now I have to start liking Alpha!!! What's this world coming too???

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I would be really surprised if one of those NFL caliber wr's ever touch an NFL field much less 2!! And that guy that couldn't cut it at SMU that got replaced by a freshman the 2nd half of the year??? That guy...I wouldn't worry about that little guy!

Couldn't cut it? Yeah, I guess winning the first bowl game for SMU since the death penalty, along with 460 yards passing in said bowl game, MVP, new single game and season passing records for SMU and such... yeah, not cutting it.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 03:01 PM

Know your history...

And Kaufmann may very well come out as a junior which means he's expecting a guaranteed bonus, which means he's at least a mid-round pick. Might move up if he improves his 40 time. Edwards and Herd will be FA's but both will get looks.

Sylvergunsuperman
December 9th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Blah Blah Blah..... xslapfightx I'm not going to predict at score. This is going to be a battle. I can't wait to see this game.xsmileyclapx I've seen too many EWU games to think they will fold, even 2 or 3 scores down. There is no quit in this team. SHSU if y'all are ahead you better keep your foot on the gas. Give EWU an opening and they will make you pay.xnodx Like I said I'm not going to predict a score, but I will predict an EWU win.xhurrayx This is gonna be fun.xthumbsupx

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM
And...that's kind of the point in all this isn't it? Compare, common opponents, stats, conferences, and the like?

I found that comparison particularly interesting.

the score itself doesnt compare your opponents. alot goes into a score (turnovers and where and when they happen, certian calls on the field by nthe refs, and ect) these are not the only ones or the most important ones my point is these things can keep teams in games and take them out of them. margin of victory has never won or lost the game nor has the conference they came from. I agree that it was interesting but not relevant. I would like to think we would beat cal poly but not because we lost to you by 3 so that gives us a 14 point victory.

Nickels
December 9th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Damn now I have to start liking Alpha!!! What's this world coming too???
Right! I've never really disliked Alpha. He does take some getting used to though.

I think EWU will score some points but it wont be as high scoring as everyone thinks. The Kats D always brings it and will hold EWU below 28. I expect at least one big special teams play from Sam. The running game will open up the passing game and IMO if Bell manages the game as well as he did last weekend, the Kats win.

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Know your history...

And Kaufmann may very well come out as a junior which means he's expecting a guaranteed bonus, which means he's at least a mid-round pick. Might move up if he improves his 40 time. Edwards and Herd will be FA's but both will get looks.

His 40 time will keep him a late pick if he does come out, and the other two... alot of people get looks, you could say 10 guys are "getting looks". listen baby's, we are gonna march onto that ugly *** field and take home the W

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I know EWU has very low academic standards but....................just so we are all clear here I will put it in a way even Eagle fans can understand..............3 is less than 1...........xcoffeex

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 03:50 PM

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM
His 40 time will keep him a late pick if he does come out, and the other two... alot of people get looks, you could say 10 guys are "getting looks". listen baby's, we are gonna march onto that ugly *** field and take home the W

And all SE said was that they are NFL caliber QB's...

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnS9k1ZZ7Fc

something like this will break open this game after the half

fmrbearkat
December 9th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Crap... it's gonna be 32 on Saturday...weather is gonna cause these Texas boys to fold!!

fmrbearkat
December 9th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Anything else you Kats can remember that people said this year??

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Aside from playing a soft schedule, having a soft, gutless team, and not being able to compete with big sky teams, i think that sums it up.

katstrapper
December 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Anything else you Kats can remember that people said this year??

Here are a few I remember.

If you play man against us and bring the house, you will get torched by quick slants, bubble screens, deep balls, and draws

Sam Houston doesnt deserve to be in playoffs with only 7D-I wins

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Gonna be a LOOOONG week.

katstrapper
December 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM

Here is an interesting stat that will make a huge difference in this game..... From the Sports Network

Three of the four teams remaining in the FCS playoffs rank in the top six in the FCS in time of possession. They are No. 1 North Dakota State (35:14), No. 4 Sam Houston State (33:40) and No. 6 Georgia Southern (33:30).

Cant run your offense if you dont have the ball.

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Here is an interesting stat that will make a huge difference in this game..... From the Sports Network

BOOOMMMMxhighfivex

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Its tuff to catch games on the cell block but I can hear the chanting from my cell, wish we had more home games

swaghook
December 9th, 2012, 04:52 PM

That is the biggest problem I can see with EWU their game clock management on O is possibly the worst I've seen. They give the other team more time on O because they make no attempt to play keep away offense.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 05:12 PM
LMFAO, skat fans neg repping me because I posted some stats and said this should be a close, high scoring game? Somebody's insecure about their chances.... Hilarious! xlmaox

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 05:13 PM

Doesn't matter if we score more points and can score them in a hurry... hard to come from behind when you're a grind it out team...

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM
That is the biggest problem I can see with EWU their game clock management on O is possibly the worst I've seen. They give the other team more time on O because they make no attempt to play keep away offense.

Agreed. It also can become a liability because it leaves your defense on the field for a long time. But we've developed great depth over the past couple of years at D-line, so it's less of a problem than it used to be.

But to the t.o.p. point, it's not really thatbig of a surprise considering we are comparing three run heavy teams vs. a more balanced offense. There are many different ways to win.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 05:21 PM
LMFAO, skat fans neg repping me because I posted some stats and said this should be a close, high scoring game? Somebody's insecure about their chances.... Hilarious! xlmaox

I am pretty sure they are neg repping you because you are a douchebag...........you should be used to it.

xcoffeex

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM
And all SE said was that they are NFL caliber QB's...

I think playing 3 "QBs" is illegal in most states........................

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM
EWU is not a balanced offense yall are pass heavy. SHSU is much more balanced on O SHSU- 3500 rushing 2500 passing

EWU-1600 rushing 4000 passing haha come on its like taking candy from a baby.

You know what this ^ means...... wrong just poor clock management... and one more thing yes he couldnt hack it at SMU, if he could why would he transfer all the way to the pacific Northwest. O if you cant add we lead in total o and almost every stat on defense too.

Crazy getting all these stats on the prison farm huh...

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 05:34 PM
EWU is not a balanced offense yall are pass heavy. SHSU is much more balanced on O SHSU- 3500 rushing 2500 passing

You know what this ^ means...... wrong just poor clock management... and one more thing yes he couldnt hack it at SMU, if he could why would he transfer all the way to the pacific Northwest. O if you cant add we lead in total o and almost every stat on defense too.

I guess using your logic Flanders could not hack it at Kansas.

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 05:36 PM
He never actually played a game at kansas so we will never know, all we can say is he has been the most prolific back in the FCS for two years now, (this years stats dont show up as well because every team's sole purpose was to shut him down.)

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 05:38 PM

We've run the ball 445 times and passed it 475. You, 639 to 285. Do i need to explain how rushing the ball eats more clock? Candy...baby...indeed.

Nickels
December 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
He never actually played a game at kansas so we will never know, all we can say is he has been the most prolific back in the FCS for two years now, (this years stats dont show up as well because every team's sole purpose was to shut him down.)
and he rarely played in the 2nd half of regular season games.

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 05:40 PM
We've run the ball 445 times and passed it 475. Candy...baby...indeed.

Which brings me to my next point, You arnt balanced because obviously you dont do both well. Hence the lopsided yardage. xcoffeex

So what your trying to tell me is that we are far more efficient? You sure aint helping your case pard.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 05:43 PM

Wait, so you're saying quality of play determines if an FBS player can hack it? I guess that means means a bowl win, bowl MVP, single game and season school passing records means that Padron can hack it. He wanted a chance to win a National Championship, not waste away on an average SMU team. Flanders obviously couldn't hack it... hence why he never got to see the field and chose to leave.

Too easy... like taking freedom from an SHSU fan. xcoffeex

BNATION
December 9th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Wait, so you're saying quality of play determines if an FBS player can hack it? I guess that means means a bowl win, bowl MVP, single game and season school passing records means that Padron can hack it. He wanted a chance to win a National Championship, not waste away on an average SMU team. Flanders obviously couldn't hack it... hence why he never got to see the field and chose to leave.

Too easy... like taking freedom from an SHSU fan. xcoffeex

Haha Padron lost his job before he left and flanders left as a freshman you too stupid

I guess we will see how his NC dreams turn out saturday....Im thinking nightmare

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Damn. After a full day of hearing the garbage coming out of these EWU fans, I want to sincerely apologize to Montana fans. I had YOU pegged as the most annoying in the FCS. Can we play the Griz this week?

Nickels
December 9th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Damn. After a full day of hearing the garbage coming out of these EWU fans, I want to sincerely apologize to Montana fans. I had YOU pegged as the most annoying in the FCS. Can we play the Griz this week?
I use to think the griz were bad too until I got a good look at the rest of BSC. They're simply a product of their surroundings.

68ndsuBISONfan
December 9th, 2012, 06:05 PM
North Dakota State will be seeking a rematch with Eastern Washington in Frisco, Texas. After that horse**** call that ended the game in 2010. Its time to settle the score.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Which brings me to my next point, You arnt balanced because obviously you dont do both well. Hence the lopsided yardage. xcoffeex

So what your trying to tell me is that we are far more efficient? You sure aint helping your case pard.

The point we were discussing was play selection as it relates to t.o.p. You brought up the yardage stat. You're all over the place here.

But yes, you have a very efficient offense. It is also more yardage balanced, gains more yards, and scores more points than ours..albeit against mostly Southland teams and Incarnate Word. Your scoring has come down since you started playing BSC teams.

Bottom line, outcomes have been the same since we've both made the semi's. Settle down and enjoy the ride...

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 06:10 PM
"...started playing BSC teams."

Are you referring to our 4-0 record the last 2 yrs over Big Sky opponents; 3-0 over your conference champs?

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
"...started playing BSC teams."

Are you referring to our 4-0 record the last 2 yrs over Big Sky opponents; 3-0 over your conference champs?

Yep, you guys have done well over the past two years against the BSC which has nothing to do with the fact that your scoring has come down the last two games against BSC opponents versus your conference.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM

Trust me there are no bigger douchebags than 98% of the EWU fan base its like Screaming Beagles mom had a couple hundred illegitimate children and they all got EWU gear from the thrift store for Christmas............the other couple hundred thousand ran down her neck.........xcoffeex

Kalm is a good one but he is few and far between......the rest of them are like Screaming Beagle...............

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/140/bf66b7243d4449c3aed043e2f17129c7/l.jpg

He keeps neg repping me because I keep putting his picture on the internet........................its worth it! xthumbsupx

malibudude
December 9th, 2012, 06:52 PM

No, do not worry. This is one title SHSU has already nailed down.

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Sour grapes just look silly, Malibu.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Sour grapes just look silly, Malibu.

and I hear they make shi*tty whine...............

kingkat99
December 9th, 2012, 07:05 PM
CP definitely gets the sour grapes of the yr award. Hands down the whinniest bunch crybabies I've ever seen..."but but but we shouldve won"

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 07:12 PM
CP definitely gets the sour grapes of the yr award. Hands down the whinniest bunch crybabies I've ever seen..."but but but we shouldve won"
Wait until Saturday night you will change your mind, the excuses from EWU will spread wider than SE174s moms legs..................bank on it!

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Wait until Saturday night you will change your mind, the excuses from EWU will spread wider than SE174s moms legs..................bank on it!

Strong work by you and the bcats on this thread. And without an assist from any bison...I knew you had it in ya, but Sam fans have really risen to the occasion.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Trust me there are no bigger douchebags than 98% of the EWU fan base its like Screaming Beagles mom had a couple hundred illegitimate children and they all got EWU gear from the thrift store for Christmas............the other couple hundred thousand ran down her neck.........xcoffeex

Kalm is a good one but he is few and far between......the rest of them are like Screaming Beagle...............

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/140/bf66b7243d4449c3aed043e2f17129c7/l.jpg

He keeps neg repping me because I keep putting his picture on the internet........................its worth it! xthumbsupx

I didn't neg rep you for posting my pic at all... I like that pic of me, so please keep up the great work there. I neg repped you because you're a male c*nt who'se obsessed with me and other young men. Please seek some help, Sandusky.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/25789662354966691908.jpg

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 07:37 PM
You cant even get your picture "up"................. plagiarist

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Strong work by you and the bcats on this thread. And without an assist from any bison...I knew you had it in ya, but Sam fans have really risen to the occasion.

Kalm it is widely known that I am my own band kind of a single, one man wolfpack. I need no help taking screaming beagle apart like a surgeon

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Just so everyone knows what kind of person AlphaJizz is... he's neg repped me 6 times with comments along the lines of "I enjoy raping your mom" and "I hope you crash and die."

What a pathetic piece of ****....

Screamin_Eagle174
December 9th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Just so everyone knows what kind of person AlphaJizz is... he's neg repped me 6 times with comments along the lines of "I enjoy raping your mom" and "I hope you crash and die."

What a pathetic piece of ****....

But since I'm a man, and AlphaJizz is not... I'm going to let it go.

bojeta
December 9th, 2012, 07:41 PM

That's pure Cr**! The only responses CP people have made were to call out folks for the BS excuses made on the part of certain SHSU fans who were suggesting your offense just had a "bad day" offensively. You can't accept that a CP team came in to your house and ran up more yards, more first downs, and had more TOP. Or that your scores came in large part because of unforced errors by CP players. Still, I haven't seen a single post by a CP fan suggesting "we should have won" or other such nonsense. We generally have far more class than that. It's actually amazing, and not lost on most, that the only EXCUSES posted following the game were by "SOME" SHSU fans (most Kat fans have class as well). Get over yourself! Fortunately, the game is actually played by PLAYERS on the field, and the mindless ramblings of armchair fans have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game. Two quality teams will take the field on Saturday. The players will make no excuses for the outcome, but you can bet we'll hear them on AGS! Will you be one of them?

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Kalm it is widely known that I am my own band kind of a single, one man wolfpack. I need no help taking screaming beagle apart like a surgeon

Sorry...I forgot about that. Carry on then. :D

ewueagle2010
December 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Holy crap...I didn't know the entire nation had so much hostility against EWU! I knew Montana and North Dakota State hated us, but that's because they don't like competition. NDSU hates us because they failed to stop us on a game tying drive and on two fourth and longs. They talk about one "bad" call, but forget they gave up 38 points. As far as this game goes against SHSU..if you really think either team is going to run away from the other, you're either stupid or have to much homer in you. This will be a high scoring game and either team could win it. For all of you who continue to count out EWU and say we're soft or suck...keep it up. It's music to our boys ears. Nobody said we'd have a chance in 2010 and look what happened. Nobody thought we'd be this deep in the playoffs this year and look what happened. Call it luck, call it whatever you want but the fact is, we're two wins away from our 2nd National Championship in 3 years. We've got one of the best coaching staffs in the nation and they know how to win!!

kingkat99
December 9th, 2012, 07:54 PM
That's pure Cr**! The only responses CP people have made were to call out folks for the BS excuses made on the part of certain SHSU fans who were suggesting your offense just had a "bad day" offensively. You can't accept that a CP team came in to your house and ran up more yards, more first downs, and had more TOP. Or that your scores came in large part because of unforced errors by CP players. Still, I haven't seen a single post by a CP fan suggesting "we should have won" or other such nonsense. We generally have far more class than that. It's actually amazing, and not lost on most, that the only EXCUSES posted following the game were by "SOME" SHSU fans (most Kat fans have class as well). Get over yourself! Fortunately, the game is actually played by PLAYERS on the field, and the mindless ramblings of armchair fans have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game. Two quality teams will take the field on Saturday. The players will make no excuses for the outcome, but you can bet we'll hear them on AGS! Will you be one of them?

Nope. Never have been one to make excuses or get caught up in meaningless stats like top 1st downs total yards. Only one that matters is total points.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Nope. Never have been one to make excuses or get caught up in meaningless stats like top 1st downs total yards. Only one that matters is total points.

They are facts describing the reason for a certain outcome. You know...conversation points, hence...message boards. You're on one now btw...

McNeese75
December 9th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Geez, bunch of trash talking amateurs on this thread. Look at the NDSU vs GSU thread, lol, those boys are getting after it.

Carry on :D

kingkat99
December 9th, 2012, 08:13 PM
They are facts describing the reason for a certain outcome. You know...conversation points, hence...message boards. You're on one now btw...

I'm not even referring to you and your back and forth over stats. That comment was in response to what quoted.

Nickels
December 9th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I didn't neg rep you for posting my pic at all... I like that pic of me, so please keep up the great work there. I neg repped you because you're a male c*nt who'se obsessed with me and other young men. Please seek some help, Sandusky.

THAT'S REALLY YOU?!?
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/Wtfdaveman/25swsw037377.gif
I thought he was joking!

Keep it thugin' in EW.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I'm not even referring to you and your back and forth over stats. That comment was in response to what quoted.

I realize that, I was just trying to help you out a little.

swaghook
December 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Geez, bunch of trash talking amateurs on this thread. Look at the NDSU vs GSU thread, lol, those boys are getting after it.

Carry on :D

The NDSU and GSU fan base have been there done that when it comes to play offs for a national championship more times then most other schools. Granted NDSU was a DII powerhouse before stepping up but it seems they managed to do that in short order. Ever since NDSU's move up the banter between the 2 fan bases has been one for the ages and now that they have met in the play offs it only fuels the message board fires. Too bad GSU is looking at joining the BS division.

kingkat99
December 9th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I realize that, I was just trying to help you out a little.

Riiiight....you northwesterners are truly a special bunch. All CP has talked about is their winning every category stat wise offensively they don't matter once the clock hit zero only the score matters. That's my point. I'm not trying to stop your d**k measuring contest on your quest to convince everyone ewu is unstoppable...carry on.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 08:33 PM
But since I'm a man, and AlphaJizz is not... I'm going to let it go.

Post the comments with a screen shot or everyone will know you are lying which you are, I just repeatedly called you a douchebag which you are. BTW, nothing with your mom is what anyone would call rape........unless they were talking about what she does to men every weekend.....shes insatiable.

Now you are a liar and a douchebag

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM
So your 'boys' are going to be fired up about some Sam Houston fans posting on a message board. Sensitive up there in Cheney, eh??

ewueagle2010
December 9th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Sensitive? No, just have a history or proving doubters wrong! xnodx

Sammy94
December 9th, 2012, 08:54 PM
'boys'. All 3 of them?

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Riiiight....you northwesterners are truly a special bunch. All CP has talked about is their winning every category stat wise offensively they don't matter once the clock hit zero only the score matters. That's my point. I'm not trying to stop your d**k measuring contest on your quest to convince everyone ewu is unstoppable...carry on.

1). Cal poly is not from the NW

2). You need to go back and objectively read the thread.

kingkat99
December 9th, 2012, 09:06 PM
So your 'boys' are going to be fired up about some Sam Houston fans posting on a message board. Sensitive up there in Cheney, eh??

You'd be sensitive too if you couldn't fill up an 8500 seat stadium even after a NC and a gimmicky turf installation. I remember my first high school game.

Bronco
December 9th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Good job SHSU beating the bobcats. I was rooting for you.
But now you will travel to play our Big Sky Champs and I will be cheering for them to represent.
It will be a great game...hoping for no injuries and good weather

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 09:11 PM
But now you will travel to play our Big Sky Champs and I will be cheering for them to represent.

co-champs

kingkat99
December 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM

Hell haven't we been playing bigsky champs the last two weeks??

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 09:16 PM

No Cal Poly fan has said we should have won. We do feel we did a good job holding the number one FCS offense to 241 points and 16 points giving us a shot in a game most SHSU fans said we had no chance of slowing their almighty offense. We made too many mistakes to win. If i was an SHSU fan I would just say our offense had an off day.

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Slo - it doesn't matter. Kats won and have actually won ANOTHER game. MOVE ON!!

malibudude
December 9th, 2012, 09:22 PM
You'd be sensitive too if you couldn't fill up an 8500 seat stadium even after a NC and a gimmicky turf installation. I remember my first high school game.

September seems so distant.

kingkat99
December 9th, 2012, 09:24 PM
1). Cal poly is not from the NW

2). You need to go back and objectively read the thread.

I'm not talking about CP being from the northwest. I'm talking to you. CP was just an example of stat leaning not a northwesterner

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 09:28 PM
at least they have a NC
September seems so distant.

Go Cats
December 9th, 2012, 09:30 PM
sorry wrong qoute

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 09:32 PM

Yes and I was one of the first to congratulate SHSU. I just find it a little dishonest when Kat fans suggest that their offense had an off day and give zero credit to Cal Poly's defense. I am hoping they have off day one on both sides of the ball in Cheney. Go Eagles!!!

malibudude
December 9th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Yes and I was one of the first to congratulate SHSU. I just find it a little dishonest when Kat fans suggest that their offense had an off day and give zero credit to Cal Poly's defense. I am hoping they have off day one on both sides of the ball in Cheney. Go Eagles!!!

Seconded.

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I would too. Otherwise, we're coming to get our 2011 & 2012 Big Sky trophies. Have them ready just in case the Kats get lucky.

Nickels
December 9th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Most Kat fans have watched this offense play 28 games now, you've watched one. I think we have a little more knowledge than you when deciding if the Kats had a bad day or not.

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Most Kat fans have watched this offense play 28 games now, you've watched one. I think we have a little more knowledge than you when deciding if the Kats had a bad day or not.

Only 28 games? You must be a band wagon Kat fan. I have watched 100's of Mustang games. I know better than you when I see a defense dominate an offense. Unfortunately our offense had an off day and the Kats got lucky.

Now I am a more realistic fan than you and I realize that the Bearkat defense helped our offense have a bad day and the Kats deserve to win the game, I was just playing the part as a Kat fan.

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 09:52 PM

Only 28 games? You must be a band wagon Kat fan. I have watched 100's of Mustang games. I know better than you when I see a defense dominate an offense. Unfortunately our offense had an off day and the Kats got lucky.

Now I am a more realistic fan than you and I realize that the Bearkat defense helped our offense have a bad day and the Kats deserve to win the game, I was just playing the part as a Kat fan.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Seconded.

Third....ed???

I'm not afraid to admit I watched us literally luck out a win at MSU earlier this year. I watched us give up 35 yesterday to ISU. No excuses. ISU was huge, they operated from really tight sets, the QB was money, they were a quality team.

Cal Poly fan: Man we held SHSU's offense in check and played good enough to win that one on the road. We just made too many mistakes...

Sam Fan: Blah, blah, blah...harrumph, harrumph, harrumph...something, something...sour grapes!...last year's team was doubted too...we almost kind of sorta beat Baylor...we can't get no respect...we're 3 time hypothetical BSC champs...meaningless stats...blah, blah, blah...

xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Anyone want to bet me $1000 dollars Screaming Beagle doesnt post a screen shot of my alleged neg rep with the comments he posted?

xcoffeex

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Hey dip**** Slo fan - he's talking about 'this offense' as these same guys (90% of them) have now played together the last 2 yrs...24-4 last two years. 24+4 = 28, get it? Must be the California economics.

Now run along & cheer for your basketball team. Psssst....YOUR TEAM LOST! So glad our defense got lucky. Your vagina must be REALLY red & sore right now.

malibudude
December 9th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Third....ed???

I'm not afraid to admit I watched us literally luck out a win at MSU earlier this year. I watched us give up 35 yesterday to ISU. No excuses. ISU was huge, they operated from really tight sets, the QB was money, they were a quality team.

Cal Poly fan: Man we held SHSU's offense in check and played good enough to win that one on the road. We just made too many mistakes...

Sam Fan: Blah, blah, blah...harrumph, harrumph, harrumph...something, something...sour grapes!...last year's team was doubted too...we almost kind of sorta beat Baylor...we can't get no respect...we're 3 time hypothetical BSC champs...meaningless stats...blah, blah, blah...

xlolx

…formally support or endorse (a nomination or resolution or its proposer) as a necessary preliminary to adoption or further discussion…From the Oxford Dictionaryxnodx

slostang
December 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Hey dip**** Slo fan - he's talking about 'this offense' as these same guys (90% of them) have now played together the last 2 yrs...24-4 last two years. 24+4 = 28, get it? Must be the California economics.

Now run along & cheer for your basketball team. Psssst....YOUR TEAM LOST! So glad our defense got lucky. Your vagina must be REALLY red & sore right now.

Unlike you I said your defense had a big part of our offense's "off day". We hold your offense to less yards and points than Texas A&M and Baylor (probably less then the other 27 teams your offense has faced in the last two years) and all you can say is your offense played bad. What a little be ach you are.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM

Redder than the tabasco turf you will be playing on this weekend?

Sammy94
December 9th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Hey Cal Poly guess what? I don't care if EWU leads in every stat on Sat. either as long as the Kats are leading when the clock reads 0:00. I think most Kat fans agree you had a great team on both sides of the ball. We also know our team. IMO the 2nd half of the Baylor game was Bell's worst effort of the season but the CP game was a close second. The SFA game and the MSU game were two of the best. CP had a great defense and some what shut down our running game but did not pressure Bell to over throw the passes he did. He was off and the play calling was suspect. We saw what happened when Flanders gets more then 17 carries this past week. Stony Brook was the toughest test we had last year until the NC. Cal Poly may be that team this year, that remains to be seen. Now let's look forward can we?

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 10:28 PM
No they can't.

Cleets
December 9th, 2012, 10:44 PM
A Note to Kalm
Dude I picked the team "I think" is going to win, not necessarily the team I want to win
I enjoy seeing Big Sky teams do well

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 10:49 PM
A Note to Kalm
Dude I picked the team "I think" is going to win, not necessarily the team I want to win
I enjoy seeing Big Sky teams do well

It's all good. I was nervous about the ISU game too. I'm very nervous about this week. Any Eagle fan that has endured the last three years would be. But you have been predicting things like "easy wins" for our opponents. Therefore, I'm afraid I had to lump you in with Alpha. Sorry...:D

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 10:57 PM
See, here is where everyone is getting off on the wrong foot - if anyone is saying a ROMP will happen on either side, they're dilusional. Most Kat fans know with the amount of pressure our D sends, our CB's are susceptible to the deep ball. Obviously, Padron can throw a good one. All in all, scary.

I think the pressure is on EWU's defense to stop our O. Ranked #79 in the country, 3 spots below SeLa, a team we beat 70-0. Does that mean anything this Saturday...who knows? Do I think we're the better team? Yes I do. But all this talk about how we think we're going to "throttle" EWU is just silly.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I am calling for a complete and utter dismantling of the EWU team, they are not that good and really havent proved a damn thing this year.

You will roll them worse than Montana State.....a 3 or 4 TD win wont surprise me at all.

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 11:05 PM
See, here is where everyone is getting off on the wrong foot - if anyone is saying a ROMP will happen on either side, they're dilusional. Most Kat fans know with the amount of pressure our D sends, our CB's are susceptible to the deep ball. Obviously, Padron can throw a good one. All in all, scary.

I think the pressure is on EWU's defense to stop our O. Ranked #79 in the country, 3 spots below SeLa, a team we beat 70-0. Does that mean anything this Saturday...who knows? Do I think we're the better team? Yes I do. But all this talk about how we think we're going to "throttle" EWU is just silly.

xthumbsupx

KATS_21
December 9th, 2012, 11:13 PM
EWU is not 1st in any statistical category in their own conference. The best passing offense in the Big Sky is Idaho St and 6 of EWU's wins have come by less than 7 points.

Sam will be the best offense and defense that EWU has played all year.

putter
December 9th, 2012, 11:22 PM
EWU is not 1st in any statistical category in their own conference. The best passing offense in the Big Sky is Idaho St and 6 of EWU's wins have come by less than 7 points.

ISU was the best because they NEVER ran the ball in any of their games and that is not an exaggeration. Padron is very accurate and does not make many mistakes. Sammy's corners will have their hands full and Kaufman is a legit NFL receiver as a junior. Can EWU's D play disciplined and keep the Kats from their big plays? Who knows but, IMO, a lot of points will be scored. Would not surprise me if you have another score similar to EWU/ISU

kalm
December 9th, 2012, 11:25 PM

That's actually a good stat for us. Mike Kramer, ISU's coach stated at the beginning of the season that 'yeah, our offense will run...from the sideline to formation...that's about it'.

After last season, where our o-line was decimated with injury, we had no choice but to abandon the run. We've made a commitment to balance this year. I'm not saying we're even close to a running team, but the balance has been enough to keep opposing defenses honest and occasionally, like Saturday night, pop off a big a run or two late - which we've tended to do.

Sam may very well be the best offense and defense we've played this year.

That's what makes this fun.

malibudude
December 9th, 2012, 11:25 PM

Yep,you Bearkats are really the "bomb", nobody in your class, nope never seen anything like the Mighty Quinn/SHSU Bearkats. You are indeed in a league of your own.

fmrbearkat
December 9th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I definately think there are teams in our class! NDSU, Georgia southern, and ODU...just not Eastern Washington!

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2012, 12:00 AM
I definately think there are teams in our class! NDSU, Georgia southern, and ODU...just not Eastern Washington!

This

dudeitsaid
December 10th, 2012, 12:15 AM

Thanks Alfagriz, considering you say this about every game Eastern plays, I think it must be some kind of cosmic good luck charm. AGriz doubts again...therefore, Eagles win on Saturday. xrotatehx

dudeitsaid
December 10th, 2012, 12:36 AM

Sometimes, you don't need all that time to score. Obviously, EWU hasn't. They have had a lower time of possession than teams they've beaten more than once, especially when those teams drive down the feild just to have the ball taken away. You can win all the stats you want except one...we will take the final score of the semifinal game we play, thank you!

Sambow
December 10th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Alpha Griz and Sam Kats are allies here? Oh how a year changes things. After reading this entire thread my assessment is that CP is butt hurt, Montana State is cool and EWU is better that TAMU and Baylor. How could they not be with all that NFL talent? I am predicting Sam wins and we will have to listen to the Bison Nation talk **** to us until the NC. We will have to take it. They have earned it. Until then, EAT EM UP KATS!!!

coover
December 10th, 2012, 03:11 AM

It will really be fun this week reading how little of a chance we've got.+1

coover
December 10th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Damn. After a full day of hearing the garbage coming out of these EWU fans, I want to sincerely apologize to Montana fans. I had YOU pegged as the most annoying in the FCS. Can we play the Griz this week?You'd have a better time if you did! Just ask AlphaGriz.

coover
December 10th, 2012, 03:44 AM
I use to think the griz were bad too until I got a good look at the rest of BSC. They're simply a product of their surroundings.Yeah. Just look at San Luis Obispo ... sun, beaches, beautiful women, a school that most SHSU students would not qualify for admission. Of course they probably wouldn't qualify to be admitted to most of the Big Sky schools. I guess it's true. All that stuff and more makes us soft.

coover
December 10th, 2012, 03:58 AM
The NDSU and GSU fan base have been there done that when it comes to play offs for a national championship more times then most other schools. Granted NDSU was a DII powerhouse before stepping up but it seems they managed to do that in short order. Ever since NDSU's move up the banter between the 2 fan bases has been one for the ages and now that they have met in the play offs it only fuels the message board fires. Too bad GSU is looking at joining the BS division.While I doubt GSU will be in the playoffs Sunday morning, if they are, and even if they win in January, when they do join the "BS' division, I suggest they learn to be a bit quieter about their team, which probably will never be anything more than very average. How, just how do they expect to compete recruiting with Georgia, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Auburn, half the Florida Schools, Ole Miss, and even a couple schools in Louisiana. Frankly, I can't imagine that they will be able to do so. Moving up is a big mistake, and they'll have to learn humility.

coover
December 10th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Riiiight....you northwesterners are truly a special bunch. All CP has talked about is their winning every category stat wise offensively they don't matter once the clock hit zero only the score matters. That's my point. I'm not trying to stop your d**k measuring contest on your quest to convince everyone ewu is unstoppable...carry on.Still playing the Cal Poly game, eh? You better start paying attention to Eastern Washington pretty soon or you're really in trouble.

coover
December 10th, 2012, 04:05 AM
You'd be sensitive too if you couldn't fill up an 8500 seat stadium even after a NC and a gimmicky turf installation. I remember my first high school game.I'm wondering why the stadium at Sam Houston had only about 7500 - 7600 fans on December 1?

coover
December 10th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Whew! I've just finished reading 21 pages of posts and I'm through for the night. My comments ...

(1.) Sam Houston has an excellent team and has a good chance to win. Eastern Washington, I believe, is slightly better than SHSU and has a slightly better chance to win.

(2.) Most of the Sam Houston fans posting here are probably more optimistic than they should be and several of the Eastern Washington fans are more optimistic than they should be. If false optimism were the game, Sam Houston would win bigtime!

(3.) Certain posters from other schools such as the so-called AlphaWhatever, simply wishes to annoy EWU fans with his outrageous posts. His comments are valueless and he should find another way to get off. Do you think he could find a girl, maybe?

(4.) I appreciated posts from slostang and bojeta. They were right on, and showed the proper amount of respect to both teams. Thanks, guys.

(5.) No matter what the Sam Houston and Eastern Washington fans say, even what they believe, the game will be played Saturday and the score will be determined on the field, not on this board. We can all guess what is going to happen, but none of us actually know until the game ... all of it has been played.

Good night. Win or lose, I hope you all have a great life.

kakat10
December 10th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Yeah. Just look at San Luis Obispo ... sun, beaches, beautiful women, a school that most SHSU students would not qualify for admission. Of course they probably wouldn't qualify to be admitted to most of the Big Sky schools. I guess it's true. All that stuff and more makes us soft.

Since when does admission standards have anything to do with football, much less the surroundings?

Sam_Kats
December 10th, 2012, 08:14 AM
OH NO's!?!? We, the fans, better start worrying about EWU. What will our players think/do if we, the fans, overlook the Eagles?????

OH NO'S!!!!

frozennorth
December 10th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I think ewu offensively matches up better than MSU did, if only because their O-lone won't be such a liability

frozennorth
December 10th, 2012, 08:24 AM
also, shsu needs to stop trying to brag up the texas a&m game. They beat you like a drum for 30 minutes and put in the backups.

Samalum'10
December 10th, 2012, 08:28 AM
http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/140/bf66b7243d4449c3aed043e2f17129c7/l.jpghttps://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ9pISlhgHESb3I_oUpFbYSz0SOOLRC VVlYCbc8u29aW2lzxiR3w

Twins xlolx

kingkat99
December 10th, 2012, 08:31 AM
also, shsu needs to stop trying to brag up the texas a&m game. They beat you like a drum for 30 minutes and put in the backups.

I totally agree. Couldve been 100-0 if they wanted it to be.

kingkat99
December 10th, 2012, 08:33 AM
OH NO's!?!? We, the fans, better start worrying about EWU. What will our players think/do if we, the fans, overlook the Eagles?????

OH NO'S!!!!

And lets not forget our overlooking the Eagles fires their "boys" up and makes em play better so we better quit it.

Sam_Kats
December 10th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Just trying to get our post count up

TheRevSFA
December 10th, 2012, 08:40 AM

Gentlemen's agreement let Sam back into it.

I still think Sam takes EWU though.

slostang
December 10th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Alpha Griz and Sam Kats are allies here? Oh how a year changes things. After reading this entire thread my assessment is that CP is butt hurt, Montana State is cool and EWU is better that TAMU and Baylor. How could they not be with all that NFL talent? I am predicting Sam wins and we will have to listen to the Bison Nation talk **** to us until the NC. We will have to take it. They have earned it. Until then, EAT EM UP KATS!!!

And my take is I have never seen a fan base win with less grace or humility.

xcoach2
December 10th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Gentlemen's agreement let Sam back into it.

I can tell you with 110% certainity that there was no such "gentlemen's agreement."

kingkat99
December 10th, 2012, 08:51 AM
And my take is I have never seen a fan base win with less grace or humility.

Never seen a fan base more butt hurt and bitter.

xcoach2
December 10th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Never seen a fan base more butt hurt and bitter.

Gettin' to the point where we're going to have to make a Cal Poly morale victory thread just so they don't feel slighted. I'm embarrassed for them.

Sam_Kats
December 10th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I'm REALLY glad that guy caught the double reverse pass with a minute left...because 18-9 would have REALLY left them butt hurt.

TheRevSFA
December 10th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I can tell you with 110% certainity that there was no such "gentlemen's agreement."

Sumlin and Fritz having a discussion in the end zone at half, in second half A&M plays three walk ons on defense?

You could put 2 and 2 together but since you're buddies with Fritz I'll take your word for it.

xcoach2
December 10th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Sumlin and Fritz having a discussion in the end zone at half, in second half A&M plays three walk ons on defense?

You could put 2 and 2 together but since you're buddies with Fritz I'll take your word for it.

A&M just started playing backups once they had a comfortable lead. Not sure what Fritz and Sumlin we're talking about but there wasn't a gentlemen's agreement. I think what they were talking about was probably had more to do with Manziel and Sam getting rough with him a few times in the first half. I'll ask coach about next time I see him.

Sam_Kats
December 10th, 2012, 09:10 AM
If I were Fritz, I would have replied "Them don't trot his little *** out there to kick an extra point."

Very simple. And, Rev, these "agreements" you speak of domt exist in the coaching ranks. Otherwise, explain Manziel going over the top the 1st drive of the 2nd half. Doesnt matter...Kats got rolled by A&M, a VERY good SEC team. Anyway, back to EWU

xcoach2
December 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
If I were Fritz, I would have replied "Them don't trot his little *** out there to kick an extra point."

Very simple. And, Rev, these "agreements" you speak of domt exist in the coaching ranks. Otherwise, explain Manziel going over the top the 1st drive of the 2nd half. Doesnt matter...Kats got rolled by A&M, a VERY good SEC team. Anyway, back to EWU

Actually, Coach has been offered some gentlemen's agreements before but they usually revolve around the punt block unit. In CWF's first year as a head coach we had an opposing coach meet him on the field during warm-ups and say that he promised to not throw up top if we wouldn't come after the punter. Coach just shook it off and we blocked their first punt attempt, lol. Coaches don't like being embarrassed by the block team.

KATS_21
December 10th, 2012, 09:19 AM
To the Poly Fans:
Im sorry you lost the game. Yes your team came to play in Huntsville and you had your chances to win that game. Yes your team is good but on that day, Sam Houston caught the breaks to win the game. At the end of the day, all that matters is what the scoreboard says.

To the EWU Fans:
If any other team in the playoffs was ranked anywhere close to where you are in total defense, you all would be dogging them to no end. Your team's D is basically the same it was when you won it in 2010, can you repeat that feat? I doubt it. From a statiscal standpoint, Sam Houston will be the best team you have faced all year on both sides of the ball.

To Rev:
Nice "Gentleman's Agreement" argument but coming from a Lumberjack that is expected. You willl do all you can to make Sam Houston as irrelevant as possible. The Aggies still went deep in the 2nd half, Sam did a much better job of keeping drives going. The Aggies are a very good SEC team and they could have beat us 200-0 if they wanted to. That game was purely a payday for Sam Houston.

fmrbearkat
December 10th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Still playing the Cal Poly game, eh? You better start paying attention to Eastern Washington pretty soon or you're really in trouble.

Your right..We will be in BIG trouble!!! All this preparing for the game WE AGS posters have to do so we don't lose!!! I mean i better scout out the grocery stores so i don't get an illegal procedure penalty for cooking a dish without all required ingredients! Better hit the liquor stores all week to make sure there is enough "Hydration" for us!! I mean if WE as AGS posters don't get ready and pay attention we might lose this game!!!

BNATION
December 10th, 2012, 09:28 AM
hahahaahahahahahahahaha^

fmrbearkat
December 10th, 2012, 09:28 AM

Acutually they beat us like a drum for 15 minutes!! It was 7-0 at the end of the 1st and then the wheels came off in the 2nd. Then we outscored them 28-7 in the 2nd half. with a TOP around 27min for us and 3 total min for them!

fmrbearkat
December 10th, 2012, 09:32 AM

There 2nd string was in most of the 2nd half with some others mixed in. Did you even watch the game Rev? If you watched what Sumlin said in the post game wrap up show he talked about his 2nd string getting it handed to them! By the time the 3's came in we had our 2nd string in and still put points on them!

slostang
December 10th, 2012, 09:34 AM
To the Poly Fans:
Im sorry you lost the game. Yes your team came to play in Huntsville and you had your chances to win that game. Yes your team is good but on that day, Sam Houston caught the breaks to win the game. At the end of the day, all that matters is what the scoreboard says.

To the EWU Fans:
If any other team in the playoffs was ranked anywhere close to where you are in total defense, you all would be dogging them to no end. Your team's D is basically the same it was when you won it in 2010, can you repeat that feat? I doubt it. From a statiscal standpoint, Sam Houston will be the best team you have faced all year on both sides of the ball.

To Rev:
Nice "Gentleman's Agreement" argument but coming from a Lumberjack that is expected. You willl do all you can to make Sam Houston as irrelevant as possible. The Aggies still went deep in the 2nd half, Sam did a much better job of keeping drives going. The Aggies are a very good SEC team and they could have beat us 200-0 if they wanted to. That game was purely a payday for Sam Houston.

To the Kat fans. You have an Awesome team and coaching staff and you deserve to win the game against Cal Poly. I went on your board and here right after the game to say so. I also warned MSU fans that Cal Poly matched up well with SHSU's offense because our D see an option offense every day in practiced and we had two weeks to prepare and they only had 5 days. I told them I thought SHSU would move the ball and score because it was basically the same offense that had over 500 yards and 49 points the year before. If I am acting butt hurt like you say it is only over SHSU fans acting as if their offense had a bad day and we were lucky or they would have run Cal Poly out of Texas. You have never heard me say that SHSU was lucky our offense had an off day. I am honest with myself and know SHSU's defense had a lot to do with our off day. Once again congrats on your great season and I hope it ends this weekend.

Sam_Kats
December 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Slo - point noted....for the 19th time. Well done.

Anyways, SH vs EWU............

BNATION
December 10th, 2012, 09:40 AM
everybody got there tickets for Frisco yet

slostang
December 10th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Slo - point noted....for the 19th time. Well done.

Anyways, SH vs EWU............

Right. EWU has a great chance because if SHSU has a weakness it is pass defense and EWU has a great pass offense. EWU's defense is better than most give them credit for. I think this will be a high scoring game and EWU pulls away in the 4th as the road weary Kats team wears down.

fmrbearkat
December 10th, 2012, 09:42 AM
To the Kat fans. You have an Awesome team and coaching staff and you deserve to win the game against Cal Poly. I went on your board and here right after the game to say so. I also warned MSU fans that Cal Poly matched up well with SHSU's offense because our D see an option offense every day in practiced and we had two weeks to prepare and they only had 5 days. I told them I thought SHSU would move the ball and score because it was basically the same offense that had over 500 yards and 49 points the year before. If I a acting butt hurt like you say it is only over SHSU fans acting as if their offense had a bad day and we were lucky or they would have run Cal Poly out of Texas. You have never heard me say that SHSU was lucky our offense had an off day. I am honest with myself and know SHSU's defense had a lot to do with our off day. Once again congrats on your great season and I hope it ends this weekend.

I just don't think you understand when we are saying we had a bad day! Bell had close to his worst performance of his career. He had ALOT of wide open WR that he missed over and over when he normally hits them (see MSU). Yall's D did a heck of a job stopping our run game. No question there. There wasn't much we could do. But usually thats what make this offense special. When the run game won't go they gash you with big passes. Yall loaded up to stop the run and we had some wide open guys down field that Bell could not get the ball too at all!!! I posted before the game and after that I was nervous because if you give people 2 weeks to prepare for our style of option they can usually figure it out. Nobody has been able to figure out how to stop it with only 1 week yet. CP definately was one of the toughest FCS team we played this year but the lack of any passing game made the game closer than it shouldve been. Yall will be fun to watch next year!!

fmrbearkat
December 10th, 2012, 09:43 AM
everybody got there tickets for Frisco yet

I got my 4!

BNATION
December 10th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Right on i picked up two before they get too crazy

slostang
December 10th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I just don't think you understand when we are saying we had a bad day! Bell had close to his worst performance of his career. He had ALOT of wide open WR that he missed over and over when he normally hits them (see MSU). Yall's D did a heck of a job stopping our run game. No question there. There wasn't much we could do. But usually thats what make this offense special. When the run game won't go they gash you with big passes. Yall loaded up to stop the run and we had some wide open guys down field that Bell could not get the ball too at all!!! I posted before the game and after that I was nervous because if you give people 2 weeks to prepare for our style of option they can usually figure it out. Nobody has been able to figure out how to stop it with only 1 week yet. CP definately was one of the toughest FCS team we played this year but the lack of any passing game made the game closer than it shouldve been. Yall will be fun to watch next year!!

I agree, but we also had wide open WRs that we missed that we normally hit. See our first offensive drive where our WR was 4 yards behind your D and out usually accurate QB over threw him.

BNATION
December 10th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I agree, but we also had wide open WRs that we missed that we normally hit. See our first offensive drive where our WR was 4 yards behind your D and a usually accurate over threw him.

Honestly......who cares the game has been over for two weeks now, we are down to the final four and we have a date with EWU. Hopefully the date starts off a little slow then ends with us taking advantage of them and leaving with out saying goodbye or leaving our real name. Used and Abused like a drunken prom date....Awkward.....

Sam_Kats
December 10th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Deep ball vs our CB's will be key, no doubt. Like my HS coach & old boss used to tell me, only 3 things can happen when you throw it - and 2 are bad. Those zero net plays can get you in some 3rd & Long situations. Kats will need to play well up front to get some pressure on Padron.

And I think the reason no one is giving EWU's D any credit is because they're ranked #76ish in the FCS, FAR worse tham any team left in the Final Four. While #'s don't tell the WHOLE story, they don't lie either.

KATS_21
December 10th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Right. EWU has a great chance because if SHSU has a weakness it is pass defense and EWU has a great pass offense. EWU's defense is better than most give them credit for. I think this will be a high scoring game and EWU pulls away in the 4th as the road weary Kats team wears down.

ISU outgained EWU 520 to 478. ISU has the 46th ranked offense and has scored 52 total TD's. Sam Houston is the 10th ranked and has scored 70 total TD's.

EWU is a good team, they will need to play their best game of the year and have Sam slip up. If Sam Houston plays like they did Friday night, we will win by 14+. NDSU and GaSo would be a tougher matchup for us if everyone plays to their potential.

Either way, it will be a great game with 2 deserving teams. I just think that Sam Houston is on a mission this year to get their chance to play for it all in Frisco.

TheRevSFA
December 10th, 2012, 10:25 AM
To Rev:

Just FYI 21, the Gentlemen's agreement story came from someone at Katfans. Granted..who knows if it's accurate :D

I'll forward the text to Sam_Kats if you want me to :)

TheRevSFA
December 10th, 2012, 10:26 AM
ISU outgained EWU 520 to 478. ISU has the 46th ranked offense and has scored 52 total TD's. Sam Houston is the 10th ranked and has scored 70 total TD's.

EWU is a good team, they will need to play their best game of the year and have Sam slip up. If Sam Houston plays like they did Friday night, we will win by 14+. NDSU and GaSo would be a tougher matchup for us if everyone plays to their potential.

Either way, it will be a great game with 2 deserving teams. I just think that Sam Houston is on a mission this year to get their chance to play for it all in Frisco.

EWU would only be able to beat Sam deep, but Padron won't have enough time to throw.

Sam wins by 17 points and I am drinking with a few of these guys in Frisco in January

KATS_21
December 10th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Just FYI 21, the Gentlemen's agreement story came from someone at Katfans. Granted..who knows if it's accurate :D

I'll forward the text to Sam_Kats if you want me to :)

Thats the problem, believing what comes from Katfans.com is your first problem. Especially info on a "supposed" conversation between 2 coaches in the middle of the game.

TheRevSFA
December 10th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Thats the problem, believing what comes from Katfans.com is your first problem. Especially info on a "supposed" conversation between 2 coaches in the middle of the game.

I know it but it's just too much fun to rile you up.

See you in Frisco. I'll bring you a treat.

fmrbearkat
December 10th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I know it but it's just too much fun to rile you up.

See you in Frisco. I'll bring you a treat.

You really shouldn't be discussing the hookers you have tied up in your basement on a public forum Rev!! Most people that didn't go to SFA don't think that is OK!!

slostang
December 10th, 2012, 10:38 AM

I agree it will be a great game with two deserving teams. Once again it will be about match ups not stats and I think EWU matches up well with SHSU. ISU may be the 46th offense, but they matched up well with EWU and those numbers were put up in a very tough MVFC play. Either way I will be glued to my TV. Good luck to both teams.