PDA

View Full Version : Good game Bison

woffordgrad94
December 8th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Well, we gave it our all, but came up short against a great team. That's really all that can be said. Congrats to NDSU. In a battle of defenses, yours was just a bit better. But I think Wofford represented themselves very well and we have much to be proud of. We definitely gave you a hard fight! Bison fans, it was fun fussing with and picking on you (in fun) during the week,but seriously you guys have a great team and you earned the win today. Good luck next week against GSU and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope we get a chance to play you again somewhere down the road.

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2012, 06:40 PM
You have a great team at Wofford, as good or better than advertised.

swaghook
December 8th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Your team played a heck of good game on both sides of the ball. was a game for all 4 quarters.

MTBison
December 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Great game Wofford! This game was a tough smash-mouth football game, much respect to your team and fans. Hope we see you in the championship sometime soon!!!

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Well, we gave it our all, but came up short against a great team. That's really all that can be said. Congrats to NDSU. In a battle of defenses, yours was just a bit better. But I think Wofford represented themselves very well and we have much to be proud of. We definitely gave you a hard fight! Bison fans, it was fun fussing with and picking on you (in fun) during the week,but seriously you guys have a great team and you earned the win today. Good luck next week against GSU and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope we get a chance to play you again somewhere down the road.

Classy team and fans. Your guys have nothing to hang their heads about, represented themselves very well. Congrats on a good season!

X-Factor
December 8th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Now that's what i call smashmouth football! Glad we finally found a team that could match our intensity. Wofford played great tonight! Terrific season for the terriors

frozennorth
December 8th, 2012, 06:57 PM
your line played very well. Was impressed.

Hammerhead
December 8th, 2012, 06:58 PM
It's tough to lose a hard-fought game like that. It was an exciting second half, even though no points were scored.

BisonBabe
December 8th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I really can't add anything to what my fellow Bison fans have said. Was a great day of football and I am so happy we decide the games on the field not in the polls.

HandoEX
December 8th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Holy crap, Wofford is one tough team. I agree with the post game radio guys, best team NDSU faced all year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Very good game.

Wofford was very impressive. Bison earned this victory.

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:06 PM
My hat's off to Wofford for a great season and a whale of a game today. You so impressed me that I'm going to plan a road trip to Spartanburg for a game next year.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2012, 01:35 AM
That was an epic battle. Fantastic job Wofford.

Terryer
December 9th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Kudos to the Bison (pronounced Bizon) fans yesterday. Enjoyed meeting many of you. Your tailgating experience is the best in the FCS that I've seen. You guys have a fantastic program. Good luck the rest of the season. I think your defense will win you the national championship. Thanks again for the hospitality....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Kudos to the Bison (pronounced Bizon) fans yesterday. Enjoyed meeting many of you. Your tailgating experience is the best in the FCS that I've seen. You guys have a fantastic program. Good luck the rest of the season. I think your defense will win you the national championship. Thanks again for the hospitality....

Got to meet some great Wofford fans yesterday, parent of a cheerleader and parent of a player. Sounds like a very close knit college/family.

Again, great game. Toughest team the Bison has faced this year, by far.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2012, 07:44 AM
although not a fan of either team, I am a big fan of FCS football, enjoyed the heck out of that game. I really thought Wofford had a chance to pull off the upset coming in, but they never got the big breaks, didn't cap on the one break they got, and should have passed at least a few more times. I don't see GeSo being able to win in Fargo next week.

skinny_uncle
December 9th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Congrats to the Bison.

BisonBabe
December 9th, 2012, 08:05 AM

Was great visiting with you both before and after the game.

Thundar
December 9th, 2012, 08:05 AM
You know what I was totally impressed with was the total class and respect the Wofford players displayed, even when it was in the last minutes they didn't get chippy.

marenlee
December 9th, 2012, 08:18 AM
You know what I was totally impressed with was the total class and respect the Wofford players displayed, even when it was in the last minutes they didn't get chippy.

It was great seeing both teams play with class. Its a shame that rarely stands out in games with both teams.

AmsterBison
December 9th, 2012, 08:22 AM
How about the adjustments Wofford made on defense? NDSU marched down and scored on the first drive but Wofford's coaches managed to make adjustments that shut down NDSU's offense... in about two minutes of game time.
That's a very good coaching staff.

BTW, that Alvin Scioneaux (SEE-oh-no) is quite the player! I wonder if Wofford's defensive adjustments boiled down to telling him, "OK, you can go into beast mode now." It was sad watching our back trying to block him. Gotta love that he's a physics major too.

ngineer
December 9th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Sounds like a great game. Couldn't watch it but from everything I read it was as expected. My "over under of 24" was pretty close. I picked NDSU by 14-10. My kind of football.

Terryer
December 9th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Was great visiting with you both before and after the game.

Same here. Thanks and good luck against GSU next week...

steelr7
December 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I was at the game & after the final whistle the number of Bison players that flocked to Breitenstein was incredible. Offense, defense it didn't matter everybody on that NDSU sideline wanted to show that guy some respect. The man is a beast. An absolute tank. It was great to get to seem him go toe to toe with this defense. Thanks for the great game Wofford. It was fun!

marenlee
December 9th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I really think the Terriers couldn't score because Breitenstein shaved his beard :D

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Congratulations to Wofford on a fine season. A very good team and nothing to hang their heads about. They left if all out on the field. Fun game to watch and yes the best team we have seen in the dome this year playing against our Bison.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Ton of respect for Wofford's team. Breitenstein is an absolute beast to tackle. The defense was phenomenal and the the collective mental toughness of the team was impressive to watch. They're only a playmaker or two away on offense from being a really fantastic team.

aces1180
December 9th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I too was very impressed by Wofford...Very composed and well-coached. I also heard some sound from the coach and a few players and they were very respectful and courteous in a hard-fought loss. The team was a class act!