PDA

View Full Version : Allen HS (Texas) enters fray to host the D-I FCS Nat'l Champ game.

Panther88
December 7th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I thought someone else would report on it already. If so, I apologize.

Saw a newscast 3+ days ago where AHS secured the "Texas vs The Nation" football game annually held @ large venues across Texas that pits university/college Tx homegrown notable srs vs the nation's best. While discussing it, they, AISD officials, also mentioned that they anticipate submitting the bid to entice the nat'l champ game played @ Pizza Hut park in neighboring Frisco a few miles east to Allen. :)

I think AISD's venue sits 14.5K and PHP sits 22K, if memory serves correct.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2012, 02:28 PM
The place looks incredible.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/common/medialib/269/679091.jpg

cbarrier90
December 7th, 2012, 02:33 PM

Is that the Appalachian Block A in front of the scoreboard? xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2012, 02:33 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow...they take their HS football pretty serious in TX....

Panther88
December 7th, 2012, 02:34 PM
It just may be the place that's hosting the nat'l champ game once the agreement w/ Frisco is complete.

Their football venue is nothing short of top notch. I'd put it as > 70-80+% of FCS schools' football venues in terms of "niceability." 2 indoor practice fields anyone? lol

At a high school.... xsmhx Kids today are spoiled rotten.

Panther88
December 7th, 2012, 02:37 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Too bad it doesn't translate to the FCS level too much, excepting SHSU recent and SFA recent-past. No comment regarding texas state lol.

Check out the link for a decent comprehensive listing of stadiums in Texas, complete w/ lights lol----> http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium_index.php

Southern Swarm
December 7th, 2012, 02:39 PM

That's a High School? Damn that thing could almost pass for a a CFL stadium

EKU-n-GSU
December 7th, 2012, 03:07 PM

...at least they got the "EAGLES" right!

danefan
December 7th, 2012, 03:11 PM
It's very nice but way too small for the FCS national championship.

344Johnson
December 7th, 2012, 03:14 PM
It's very nice but way too small for the FCS national championship.

Plenty of years it is big enough. Depends who makes it. I'd rather them not play it at a high school field....even a beautiful one like that.

bostonspider
December 7th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I think the new football / soccer stadium, BBVA Compass, in Houston looks pretty spectactular..

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/wallpaper/MarkBerg-20120927231547.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/67/BBVA_Compass_Stadium_Midfield_Panoramic.JPG/900px-BBVA_Compass_Stadium_Midfield_Panoramic.JPG

ITmonarch10
December 7th, 2012, 03:55 PM

That stadium takes a **** on a lot of fcs stadiums. UHN please take some notes. I wouldn't mind if it moved there.

CopperCat
December 7th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Looks like a nice facility! I'll take that over Frisco every time.

superman7515
December 7th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Boy if that shouldn't be a wakeup call to some people about where most people see FCS football in the grand hierarchy of college athletics. Quit it with the talk of people aren't interested only because ESPN doesn't market it properly... The National Championship could end up in a high school stadium. If so... Game. Set. Match.

walliver
December 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Boy if that shouldn't be a wakeup call to some people about where most people see FCS football in the grand hierarchy of college athletics. Quit it with the talk of people aren't interested only because ESPN doesn't market it properly... The National Championship could end up in a high school stadium. If so... Game. Set. Match.

At least in that case it would be played in a FOOTBALL stadium.

The FCS championship, like the MAC championship and C-USA championship will never get much interest.

Football at FCS is played for actual game-attending fans, not the mindless masses who watch from home only.

MplsBison
December 7th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I think the new football / soccer stadium, BBVA Compass, in Houston looks pretty spectactular..

The structure is pretty darn spectacular, but I'm going to veto that one unless it gets fieldturf.

KATS_21
December 7th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Pizza Hut park is a great venue. Having it filled up last year was nice to see. BBVA Stadium in Houston and Pizza Hut park are almost identical except for the open endzone where the bands sat last year.

MplsBison
December 7th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Pizza Hut park is a great venue. Having it filled up last year was nice to see. BBVA Stadium in Houston and Pizza Hut park are almost identical except for the open endzone where the bands sat last year.

Good point.

And flights into Dallas are probably more plentiful and cheaper than into Houston.

ztc001
December 8th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Born and raised in Allen and recently graduated from SHSU i am going nuts over the fact that this may be a possibility. I do know the first opening game of the season against South Lake Carrol the attendance in the new stadium was just under or over 22,000. I think it would a great option and just more exposure for allen....

ASU_Fanatic
December 8th, 2012, 12:13 AM
can we have the national championship game in any state but texas? sheesh.....

good lord that stadium though

ASU_Fanatic
December 8th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Chattanooga was just awesome, frickin' amazing city for an event like that

dudeitsaid
December 8th, 2012, 01:53 AM
2015 FCS National Championship game, coming to you tape delayed on ESPNU from Allen High School Stadium!

Sheesh, just don't know that that really elevates the FCS brand a whole lot. Let's avoid the high school stadiums, even if they are nice, IMO.

gumby013
December 8th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Just a hunch...the Allen school district will frown on alcohol at the tailgate, let alone in the stadium. No thanks.

marenlee
December 8th, 2012, 07:20 AM
I can't tell, but is that bleacher seating? If so. PASS.

KATS_21
December 8th, 2012, 08:31 AM
2015 FCS National Championship game, coming to you tape delayed on ESPNU from Allen High School Stadium!

Sheesh, just don't know that that really elevates the FCS brand a whole lot. Let's avoid the high school stadiums, even if they are nice, IMO.

I completely agree. Move it to a high school stadium and the fcs nc game will be shown on ESPN Classic a week later.

MplsBison
December 8th, 2012, 10:06 AM

Another great point, even if it is a very nice stadium. Just the fact that it is a high school stadium will only further cement in regular people's eyes that I-AA football must be only a half step above high school.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Has anyone considered that this may just be a publicity stunt? There are several structural problems what would prevent this stadium from being considered (capacity, alcohol problems, etc already stated).

What better way to get the stadium talked about than entering something like this?

Hammerhead
December 8th, 2012, 10:37 AM
The Frisco stadium has lots of room for the tailgate town which will be an advantage for them.

ngineer
December 8th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Must be alot of oil money in that school district.

MarkyMark
December 8th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Move the championship to the Fargodome and NCAA would save 50% on travel costs. Sorry couldn't resist.

Why not Vegas? Larger stadium available, direct flights from almost everywhere.

WWII
December 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM
That's what 65 million buys in TX. Albany couldn't get a third of that to build it's facility.

LouiseBFree
December 8th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Won't happen. Listening to the Sam Houston broadcast last night, the SLC comissioner said at halftime that Frisco was getting a renewal on its contract.

That's what 65 million buys in TX. Albany couldn't get a third of that to build it's facility.

taper
December 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM

Doesn't the NCAA ban playoff games from states that allow sports wagering?

rexreed
December 8th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Good point.

And flights into Dallas are probably more plentiful and cheaper than into Houston.

Houston is a larger city than Frisco and Dallas. Plenty of hotel space and two international airports.

dgtw
December 8th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Doesn't the NCAA ban playoff games from states that allow sports wagering?

Pretty sure they do.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2012, 09:29 PM
And I prefer Frisco!!

Panther88
December 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Houston is a larger city than Frisco and Dallas. Plenty of hotel space and two international airports.

houston is the ghetto compared to the DFW metroplex rexreed. There's absolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G attractive about that area, IMO, that would set it above the metroplex for hosting the FCS nat'l champ game. Hell, if you want snow/ice/tornado/or heat in the 1st week of January, the DFW metro can provide it. :D lol

Tubakat2014
December 8th, 2012, 11:29 PM
houston is the ghetto compared to the DFW metroplex rexreed. There's absolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G attractive about that area, IMO, that would set it above the metroplex for hosting the FCS nat'l champ game. Hell, if you want snow/ice/tornado in the during the 1st week of January, the DFW metro can provide it. :D lol

Well, if you're comparing the city of Houston to the entire DFW area, then there's no contest. Of course the track star runs faster than the one-legged guy! The greater Houston area really is nice, but DFW is a fantastic place as well. In any case, the championship game should stay in Frisco- if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Panther88
December 10th, 2012, 10:57 AM
lol@houston being the one-legged guy. Well... :D lol And the one-legged guy cannot readily speak english as a primary language. xsmhx

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Well, if you're comparing the city of Houston to the entire DFW area, then there's no contest. Of course the track star runs faster than the one-legged guy! The greater Houston area really is nice, but DFW is a fantastic place as well. In any case, the championship game should stay in Frisco- if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I think it is broke so they need to fix it with a larger venue. There are some good FCS programs that make the playoffs with a fanbase that travels (NDSU, GaSo, App, SHSU, Montana, MSU, etc.) and having a small 20,000 seat soccer complex doesn't cut it. There are 2 other stadiums in the DFW Metro that could hold 150-200% more than Frisco. If the NCAA wants to keep the NC game in Texas, then look at the following:

Gerald R. Ford Stadium, University Park, TX (SMU) Capacity: 32,000
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TX (TCU) Capacity: 45,000 Plenty of parking, site of the Armed Forces Bowl a week before, and can hold endzone sections once sidelines are sold out.

MplsBison
December 10th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I think it is broke so they need to fix it with a larger venue. There are some good FCS programs that make the playoffs with a fanbase that travels (NDSU, GaSo, App, SHSU, Montana, MSU, etc.) and having a small 20,000 seat soccer complex doesn't cut it. There are 2 other stadiums in the DFW Metro that could hold 150-200% more than Frisco. If the NCAA wants to keep the NC game in Texas, then look at the following:

Gerald R. Ford Stadium, University Park, TX (SMU) Capacity: 32,000
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TX (TCU) Capacity: 45,000 Plenty of parking, site of the Armed Forces Bowl a week before, and can hold endzone sections once sidelines are sold out.

Yeah...at least, and in the same token as not wanting to have it in a high school stadium, if they could get it in an actual football stadium that would be nice!

It's too bad they don't have a scalable option. When teams like NDSU, Montana, App St, etc. make the national championship they really do need a bigger option. But if it was Eastern Washington vs. New Hampshire, 20k would be probably 5-10k too much.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Yeah...at least, and in the same token as not wanting to have it in a high school stadium, if they could get it in an actual football stadium that would be nice!

It's too bad they don't have a scalable option. When teams like NDSU, Montana, App St, etc. make the national championship they really do need a bigger option. But if it was Eastern Washington vs. New Hampshire, 20k would be probably 5-10k too much.

And by looking at both of those stadiums, you have the ability to keep the upper level @ SMU blocked off until the lower bowl is sold out. Same with the endzone sections at TCU.

What's sad is that there are years where the teams' fanbases are so weak that a 20K stadium is 1/3 empty. Then you look at last year and people traveled to Frisco that didn't have tickets just for the experience surrounding the game.

Attendence history of FCS/D-IAA Championship game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_Football_Championship

pike51
December 10th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Sorry, but how sad would it be to host the title game in a high school stadium? I'd bet they would do more to promote the high school than either of the teams. No thanks.

Now... what about hosting the game on the same field as the BCS title game each year? If they played it just right, you could get tickets to both events! Now that would be cool IMO.

Bill
December 10th, 2012, 02:16 PM
pike

I like your thinking. Two issues come to mind, however:
1. No matter which FCS teams are playing, the place will look empty.
2. Hotels and traveling could be difficult. For example, imagine adding X number of thousand people into the mix for hotels and plane tickets to a city that will already be packed with fans for the BCS....
3. There's no way to put it all on the same ticket

I do like your idea, though....

Panther88
December 10th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Ummmm.... something to ponder guys. That big HS stadium is home to some terrific student-athletes. For instance, the start QB for AHS has already verbal'd to Univ of Alabama and methinks that big EarlCampbell Jr RB has verbaled to OU. Where are the gaping-hole opening OLinemen attending? :D WRs? Kicker? Punter? Defensive guys? blah blah blah.... @hat a GREAT marketing tool for a university to rally the locals who may be bordering between riding the pine for 4 years @ an FBSer invite vs attending an FCSer w/ potential to compete for a starting spot. Something to consider.

Panther88
December 10th, 2012, 02:32 PM
And by looking at both of those stadiums, you have the ability to keep the upper level @ SMU blocked off until the lower bowl is sold out. Same with the endzone sections at TCU.

What's sad is that there are years where the teams' fanbases are so weak that a 20K stadium is 1/3 empty. Then you look at last year and people traveled to Frisco that didn't have tickets just for the experience surrounding the game.

Attendence history of FCS/D-IAA Championship game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_Football_Championship

You've done great homework. Kudos.

Don't forget about Dallas's 92K seat revamped Cotton Bowl Stadium.

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Keep it in Frisco, the place is awesome!

grayghost06
December 10th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I can't tell, but is that bleacher seating? If so. PASS.

I live in Allen. The seating surfaces are bleachers- no chairbacks. There have backrests on the seats on the lower & upper deck between the 20s on the press box side and between the 30s on the other side. Stadium itself is all masonry construction- not typical metal bleacher type. It has permanent seats for 18k and a ton of room for temporary bleachers and standing room if so needed. It is a fantastic HS stadium. When factoring in the concession stands , tons of bathrooms, scoreboard, closeness of stands to the field and ease of plentiful parking, it probably ranks above all but maybe 10 FCS stadiums.

The drawbacks which I think put it behind Frisco are less luxury box seating ( we have two hospitality suites), lack of individual chairbacks like Pizza Hut Park and the stigma of the game being played at a high school. We should keep it at Frisco if it's to be kept in Texas.

ewueagle2010
December 10th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I've never been to any other venue for the FCS Championship, but I went to Frisco two years ago. I thought they did a great job with the game day experience and atmosphere. A stadium that holds 20k is enough in my opinion simply because most FCS fan bases except a few won't travel 10k fans each in a stadium that's thousands of miles away. Comparing it to last season is inaccurate because NDSU travels really well and SHSU is a 3 hour drive down the road...More often than not, you're not going to have fans traveling to the game for the "surrounding." In addition, most FCS teams are from places that their not the "main attraction" so that's why they have smaller fan bases.

rexreed
December 10th, 2012, 09:54 PM
School districts do not know how to land something like the NC game. There is a lot of money, hype, and logistics that they are not experienced with. Allen has a great facility for HS football, heck, it is better looking than a lot of college stadiums. They do not have the staff to land big event games. One thing that would be nice at the Frisco park is to have a working sound system on both sidelines.

EWU Grad 82
December 10th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Sorry, but how sad would it be to host the title game in a high school stadium? I'd bet they would do more to promote the high school than either of the teams. No thanks.

Now... what about hosting the game on the same field as the BCS title game each year? If they played it just right, you could get tickets to both events! Now that would be cool IMO.

I agree, having an NCAA Division I championship game at a high school venue is a slap in the face of every FCS team and their fans. I know I wouldn't even remotely consider attending a game if it were held there.

McNeese75
December 10th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I agree, having an NCAA Division I championship game at a high school venue is a slap in the face of every FCS team and their fans. I know I wouldn't even remotely consider attending a game if it were held there.

Uhhhhh, that "High School" facility is better than anything EWU has every dreamed about having for their own.

Bisonoline
December 10th, 2012, 11:30 PM

If it is 20,000 + with great seats, concessions and sightlines why not. I wouldnt be bothered at all.

Now lets take your stadium as an example of a slap in the face of the players that have attended EWU.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I've never been to any other venue for the FCS Championship, but I went to Frisco two years ago. I thought they did a great job with the game day experience and atmosphere. A stadium that holds 20k is enough in my opinion simply because most FCS fan bases except a few won't travel 10k fans each in a stadium that's thousands of miles away. Comparing it to last season is inaccurate because NDSU travels really well and SHSU is a 3 hour drive down the road...More often than not, you're not going to have fans traveling to the game for the "surrounding." In addition, most FCS teams are from places that their not the "main attraction" so that's why they have smaller fan bases.

When EWU was there, the attendence was pitiful for a NC game...13K, that's it. This is what I'm talking about when I wrote about how sad it is that an FCS NC game can't fill a 20K stadium. Over the past 3 weeks, many were bitching about ESPN's coverage and the lack of respect. Tie it together gang...if 2 teams can't fill that small a stadium, then why should ESPN give the game a prime spot on one of their channels? Use that Bachelor's degree and fall back on your economics pre-reqs. This comes down to all of us on AGS lighting a fire under all of our respective alumni that are grateful for the great education their Alma Mater provided to them and show some school pride and make the effort to attend a championship game.

ewueagle2010
December 11th, 2012, 01:00 AM
When EWU was there, the attendence was pitiful for a NC game...13K, that's it. This is what I'm talking about when I wrote about how sad it is that an FCS NC game can't fill a 20K stadium. Over the past 3 weeks, many were bitching about ESPN's coverage and the lack of respect. Tie it together gang...if 2 teams can't fill that small a stadium, then why should ESPN give the game a prime spot on one of their channels? Use that Bachelor's degree and fall back on your economics pre-reqs. This comes down to all of us on AGS lighting a fire under all of our respective alumni that are grateful for the great education their Alma Mater provided to them and show some school pride and make the effort to attend a championship game.

I actually agree with most of this statement. Not to make excuses but it was the first ever trip to the NC game for EWU and there were more fans in Frisco than we had at two of our home playoff games that year. In just two years, EWU has seen attendance double and it'll continue to improve but it doesn't just change over night. Hopefully whoever makes the title game this year will bring their fans as it's good for the FCS as a whole!

UNDColorado
December 11th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Move the championship to the Fargodome and NCAA would save 50% on travel costs. Sorry couldn't resist.

If it were in Vegas I would consider going regardless of who was playing just because of the ease of access and other things to do. I have to imagine holding the game in Vegas would offer more exposure to the FCS than Frisco, TX.

MplsBison
December 11th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Sadly, I think someone brought up that the NCAA will never host it in a state that allows gambling on the outcome of the game.

I think that stinks, because they're going to gamble on it anyway and in theory it doesn't matter if you play it in Dallas - if they want to get to some kid to "throw" the game to tilt the odds, they're going to do that.

Bill
December 11th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Bison- and others

The comments about Vegas are correct - and that includes any state with a sports book. There are NO NCAA games (playoffs) allowed at any level in any sport. There was quite an issue about this here in NJ. For example, DIII playoffs were moved from the state as soon as NJ announced sports wagering. This includes things like field hockey!!

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I actually agree with most of this statement. Not to make excuses but it was the first ever trip to the NC game for EWU and there were more fans in Frisco than we had at two of our home playoff games that year. In just two years, EWU has seen attendance double and it'll continue to improve but it doesn't just change over night. Hopefully whoever makes the title game this year will bring their fans as it's good for the FCS as a whole!

Last year was our 1st trip (of many to come) to the FCS NC and we outnumbered the school that was only 200 miles away. In fact, it was their 1st trip also.

MplsBison
December 11th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Last year was our 1st trip (of many to come) to the FCS NC and we outnumbered the school that was only 200 miles away. In fact, it was their 1st trip also.

Everyone underestimated how hungry NDSU alumni were for another national championship.

I wonder, if NDSU makes it back to Frisco, if that same spirit will be there again. Hope so!

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Everyone underestimated how hungry NDSU alumni were for another national championship.

I wonder, if NDSU makes it back to Frisco, if that same spirit will be there again. Hope so!

I know there's quite a few from the Carolinas that will go this year. The same school spirit is there, just look at how the ticket sales went and who they went to.

KATS_21
December 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
The showing by NDSU last year was very impressive. Honestly, I consider myself a well studied individual when it comes to FCS/FBS sports but I didnt realize the following NDSU had. Sam Houston has been a middle tier fcs team for so long that the last few years has fired the school and alumni up. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going, not just Saturday but in the years to come.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
December 11th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Allen High School is having budget woes of its own. They cut 45 teachers and 40 staff this past year and still had a shortfall. Screw the 5000 kids who are there to actually learn, they have decided the few (50 football players) trump the many (5000 other students). It also seems the city of Allen didn't think about long-term maintenance costs, and will likely have to either issue future bonds to pay for the upkeep, not pay for the upkeep, or take money away from the education side of things. All for 6 Friday nights a year of football. I wonder how this will turn out.

Pards Rule
December 11th, 2012, 08:58 PM

Yes - TOP ever attendance at 32K was at Marshall Univ stadium in Huntington WV for hometown Marshall vs. nearby Youngstown State. I went to Frisco last year and thought they put on a great game day and should retain it - they are well aware and the COC president who I personally emailed promised to fix the myriad of cellphone issues (dropped calls, busy signals, texts that took forever to send/arrive). Most interestingly, looking at the attendance history, two facts worth noting stand out - the DISMAL Tacoma numbers (about 5K) and the actually impressive Pocatello numbers (15K for BOTH years there) considering there werent any nearby schools in the I-AA national championship in Pocatello, Idaho.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Now Chatty lucked out with App St showing up for 3 of their NC games, but 2 school that averages 10K students (FCS avg.) and their alumni should be able to have Futbol Dallas Arena overflowing (or whatever its called now). NDSU and SHSU showed how a fanbase should be. Hell, tickets for the game within hours of the semifinal games were going for $300 min. (no thanks to the asshole xcoach2) I don't know about SHSU fans, but there were thousands of NDSU fans and alumni that would have been there if it was held in a location like SMU or TCU that provided a larger venue for such an important game.

chrisattsu
December 12th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Don't get me wrong, there are things about Allen that would make it a good stop. The stadium is nice and there is an outdoor mall area that plenty of shopping and entertainment options surrounding the game, but Frisco is a better option.

I've been to the game both years (and I'll be there again in January). It is easy to get to, there is plenty of room to tailgate, and there are bars/restaurants near by.

The only thing that they need to do is make sure that they have enough beer for the NDSU fans. I talked to some guys last year who said that their hotel party ran out of beer and that's why had to find a new party.

ysubigred
December 12th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I say Louisville KY!! Great airport a lot of hotels and centrally located E, W, N and S Plus the weather in January is 40's low 50's :)

http://uoflcardgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Picture-7.png

ysubigred
December 12th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Yes -TOP ever attendance at 32K was at Marshall Univ stadium in Huntington WV for hometown Marshall vs. nearby Youngstown State. I went to Frisco last year and thought they put on a great game day and should retain it - they are well aware and the COC president who I personally emailed promised to fix the myriad of cellphone issues (dropped calls, busy signals, texts that took forever to send/arrive). Most interestingly, looking at the attendance history, two facts worth noting stand out - the DISMAL Tacoma numbers (about 5K) and the actually impressive Pocatello numbers (15K for BOTH years there) considering there werent any nearby schools in the I-AA national championship in Pocatello, Idaho.

I was there!! xthumbsupx

NHwildEcat
December 12th, 2012, 11:23 AM
It's got nothingon Cowell.

DFW HOYA
December 26th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Allen HS won the state title this past weekend over Houston Lamar before 48,379 at Cowboys Stadium. But its band is running out of field from which to march--it ended the season marching a total of 855.

And this trivia item that college recruiters know well: 18 NFL QB's (and six starters) appeared in a Texas state title game as high schoolers. The six? Drew Brees, Robert Griffin, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton and Nick Foles.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/10spot-12week3/list-texas-qbs-keeps-growing-adam-schefter-10-spot

katstrapper
December 26th, 2012, 12:46 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

High school football in Texas is king over any level of football in the State. Here were some attendance numbers for the three state championship games at Cowboy Stadium last weekend......

(5A, Division I) Allen vs Houston Lamar ..... 48,379

(5A, Division II) Katy vs Cedar Hill ............. 42,621

(4A, Division I) Georgetown vs Denton Guyer.. 27,948

Almost 120,000 people watched high school football that weekend in Dallas.

DFW HOYA
December 26th, 2012, 12:51 PM
And the next day, Jerry Jones had 92,570 out there to watch two NFL teams hovering at .500.

Business is good.