Oct. 26 Northern Arizona
Nov. 2 @ UC Davis
Nov. 9 Sac State
Nov. 16 Eastern Washington
Nov. 23 @ Northern Colorado********

Link: http://gopoly.com/sports/fball/2012-13/releases/20121206dn67ak

FargoBison
December 6th, 2012, 10:02 PM
That game with Yale has to be the first Big Sky-Ivy League match up ever.

slostang
December 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM
They are looking to boost their recruiting in California and prospecting their California alums.

darell1976
December 6th, 2012, 10:36 PM
We won't be playing you guys for the first time since 2008. I can't wait until our schools play each other again.

CopperCat
December 6th, 2012, 11:15 PM
7 out of 12 games are in the state of California. Interesting.......

bojeta
December 6th, 2012, 11:28 PM
7 out of 12 games are in the state of California. Interesting.......

Actually, it's 8 out of 12 in California. I'll be making all of those and probably the Colorado State and Northern AZ games. Great year ahead!!

kalm
December 6th, 2012, 11:38 PM
That's a decent schedule with at least one winnable FBS, two lower tier FCS, 6 home gamrs, and no non-counters.

bonarae
December 7th, 2012, 12:32 AM

Oh yeah, it's true. Really looking forward to it... Ivies deserve more national exposure these days...

But the bigger question is...

Will Yale be a worse team next year? Or somewhat better? Remember that Yale finished dead last this year, due to a multitude of player problems and injuries. I think the game will be a lopsided one, with CP taking this by a big margin.

I think Penn, Harvard and the other teams have to follow Yale and go west and south to play quality competition. The Presidents, AD's and the Coaches all share responsibility for the fault that we fans aren't getting much of our tickets' worth. xsmhx

darell1976
December 7th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Oh yeah, it's true. Really looking forward to it... Ivies deserve more national exposure these days...

But the bigger question is...

Will Yale be a worse team next year? Or somewhat better? Remember that Yale finished dead last this year, due to a multitude of player problems and injuries. I think the game will be a lopsided one, with CP taking this by a big margin.

I think Penn, Harvard and the other teams have to follow Yale and go west and south to play quality competition. The Presidents, AD's and the Coaches all share responsibility for the fault that we fans aren't getting much of our tickets' worth. xsmhx

Maybe Harvard should play at UND that way we can have a football-hockey series. Football in the afternoon and hockey that night. I would love to see more eastern teams come westward.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Aug. 31 University ofSan Diego
Sept. 7 @ Fresno State
Sept. 14@ Colorado State
Sept. 21 Bye
Sept. 28 @ Portland State
Oct. 5 Yale
Oct. 12 Weber State
Oct. 19 @ Montana
Oct. 26 Northern Arizona
Nov. 2 @ UC Davis
Nov. 9 Sac State
Nov. 16 Eastern Washington
Nov. 23 @ Northern Colorado********

Link: http://gopoly.com/sports/fball/2012-13/releases/20121206dn67ak

Looks like a pretty good schedule:

-winnable FBS games
-NAU and EWU at home

appfan2008
December 7th, 2012, 08:02 AM
nice schedule... good luck with 2 fbs games and some fun trips...

Go Green
December 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Indeed it is (or it will be).

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/bigsky/vs_conf.php

Walkon79
December 7th, 2012, 09:57 AM
When do the Cats get on that schedule?

robsnotes4u
December 7th, 2012, 11:32 AM
When do the Cats get on that schedule?

That was my thoughts also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MplsBison
December 7th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Very nice schedule! Great job in only needing plane trips 4 weeks of the season! That's gotta be as good as any California I-AA team has ever done with an 11 or 12 game schedule???

You'd think Yale would want the highest academic school with an I-AA team they could play for going out to Cali....I guess UC Davis was full?

dystopiamembrane
December 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I assumed there was a rule regarding number of games played in a season.
Is that not the case?

dystopiamembrane
December 7th, 2012, 12:35 PM
You'd think Yale would want the highest academic school with an I-AA team they could play for going out to Cali....I guess UC Davis was full?
What are you attempting to communicate here?

SpeedkingATL
December 7th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Great schedule. Yale match-up is certainly interesting.

xcoach2
December 7th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Hopefully they'll install a device so that the Mustangs know not to tackle out of bounds.

(I kid)

MplsBison
December 7th, 2012, 01:15 PM
What are you attempting to communicate here?

huh? UC Davis is AAU.

UAalum72
December 7th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I assumed there was a rule regarding number of games played in a season.
Is that not the case?
Division I teams must play a minimum of nine games. FCS schools have a maximum of 11, except in some years (depending on the number of weekends between Labor Day and Thanksgiving, the start of the playoffs, like 2013 or 2014) when they may play twelve.

dystopiamembrane
December 7th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Division I teams must play a minimum of nine games. FCS schools have a maximum of 11, except in some years (depending on the number of weekends between Labor Day and Thanksgiving, the start of the playoffs, like 2013 or 2014) when they may play twelve.
Thank you.

bulldog10jw
December 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM
prospecting their California alums.

And their Arizona alums, too. I'll be there.

slostang
December 7th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Very nice schedule! Great job in only needing plane trips 4 weeks of the season! That's gotta be as good as any California I-AA team has ever done with an 11 or 12 game schedule???

When Yale was looking at a game against a high academic California FCS team it was between UC Davis, University of San Diego and Cal Poly. They chose Cal Poly because we are in the middle of the state so they can get recruits and alums to the game from both northern and southern Califfornia.

bulldog10jw
December 7th, 2012, 10:36 PM
When Yale was looking at a game against a high academic California FCS team it was between UC Davis, University of San Diego and Cal Poly. They chose Cal Poly because we are in the middle of the state so they can get recruits and alums to the game from both northern and southern Califfornia.

Plus, Yale had already played at San Diego twice.

GoAgs72
December 8th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Great catch for Cal Poly getting Yale. Would have been a good match for UC Davis also. As far as academics, incoming freshman GPA at Davis is now 4.04 (fall, 2011).
http://facts.ucdavis.edu/distinctions.lasso

MplsBison
December 9th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Great catch for Cal Poly getting Yale. Would have been a good match for UC Davis also. As far as academics, incoming freshman GPA at Davis is now 4.04 (fall, 2011).
http://facts.ucdavis.edu/distinctions.lasso

That's well and good, but I was actually referring to the true definition of what makes certain universities elite academic institutions: graduate programs.

It has nothing to do with undergraduates.

UC Davis is the only I-AA team in California whose school has such elite status.

GoAgs72
December 9th, 2012, 04:13 PM
That's well and good, but I was actually referring to the true definition of what makes certain universities elite academic institutions: graduate programs.

It has nothing to do with undergraduates.

UC Davis is the only I-AA team in California whose school has such elite status.

Okay, based on that definition you're right. UC Davis has a lot of graduate students in both Master's and PhD programs and is part of the research-oriented University of California system. In addition, to a graduate division, they have professional schools of law, medicine, veterinary medicine, etc. Their ecology program is rated number 1 in the country and biological sciences and agriculture are also very highly rated. Members of the state university system such as Cal Poly and Sac State are primarily undergraduate schools. Although they offer Master's degrees in some subjects, they are primarily teaching institutions rather than research institutions. Cal Poly is just about as competitive to get into as UC Davis though as an undergraduate.

MplsBison
December 9th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Okay, based on that definition you're right. UC Davis has a lot of graduate students in both Master's and PhD programs and is part of the research-oriented University of California system. In addition, to a graduate division, they have professional schools of law, medicine, veterinary medicine, etc. Their ecology program is rated number 1 in the country and biological sciences and agriculture are also very highly rated. Members of the state university system such as Cal Poly and Sac State are primarily undergraduate schools. Although they offer Master's degrees in some subjects, they are primarily teaching institutions rather than research institutions. Cal Poly is just about as competitive to get into as UC Davis though as an undergraduate.

Fans who brag about how hard their school is to get into as an undergrad, how how the undergrad average test scores are, etc. -- that's just because they know their school has a weak grad program. :D

malibudude
December 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Fans who brag about how hard their school is to get into as an undergrad, how how the undergrad average test scores are, etc. -- that's just because they know their school has a weak grad program. :D

Tool Time...a revival