PDA

View Full Version : SFA Hires Two Assistants with SLC Ties

TexasTerror
August 18th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Another coach with McNeese ties appears at another SLC school. That's nothing new in the conference. A former Lumberjack, De La Torre, also joins the staff. He's got real world, professional football experience from the NFL and NFL Europe. Late hires by the Jacks, but good to see the SLC pipeline keeps fresh by keeping our talent within the conference...

SFA Football Adds Assistant Coaches
Chris Truax and Aaron De LaTorre join Lumberjack coaching staff

Aug. 18, 2006

NACOGDOCHES - Chris Truax and Aaron De La Torre have been hired as assistant coaches announced Stephen F. Austin Lumberjack head football coach Robert McFarland Friday afternoon. Truax will coach the Lumberjack running backs and De LaTorre will work as an assistant with the Lumberjack defensive line.

Truax comes to Nacogdoches after a successful four-year stop at Northwestern State, where he served as associate head coach and co-offensive coordinator. During his time in Natchitoches, Truax helped produce one of the more potent offenses in the SLC. In 2004, the Demons finished second in the league averaging more than 33 points per game, while racking up almost 410 yards of total offense per contest, on their way to a share of the SLC title.

In 12 seasons as an assistant coach, Truax has helped develop some of the top teams at the NCAA Division I-AA level. He helped McNeese State reach the 1997 Division I-AA National Championship game. At McNeese State, Truax coached three future NFL players, four All-Americans, six All-SLC picks and three Academic All-Americans. McNeese State compiled a 48-17 (.738) record with two conference championships, a trip to the 1997 NCAA Division I-AA National Championship game and a spot in the 1995 I-AA semifinals while Truax was on staff.

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081806aab.html