ITmonarch10
December 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Football Championship Subdivision:
Rob Ash, Montana State
Willie Fritz, Sam Houston State
Joe Moglia, Coastal Carolina
Jeff Monken, Georgia Southern
Danny Rocco, Richmond

No love for ODU's Bobby Wilder or NDSU's Craig Bohl. I find it strange that Jeff Monken or Willie Fritz was a finalist over them though. Regardless Congratulations

pike51
December 4th, 2012, 12:38 PM
If BW wasn't such a prick, they might have included him.

ITmonarch10
December 4th, 2012, 01:04 PM
If BW wasn't such a prick, they might have included him.

Go back to your cage on GSUfan and stop hating already. It been over a year, you won the game, and yet your still butt hurt.
Do you want him to hold your hand, look deeply into your eyes, with one hand on his heart and apologize to your face so you can move on?xrolleyesx

Southern Bison
December 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
How does Fritz get the nomination when he coached a team to 3 less wins than last year?

RadioFan
December 4th, 2012, 01:37 PM

First FCS playoff win for the school, so congrats!

kdinva
December 4th, 2012, 06:44 PM

xthumbsupx

boogereagle
December 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Rob Ash, Montana State
Danny Rocco, Richmond

No love for ODU's Bobby Wilder or NDSU's Craig Bohl. I find it strange that Jeff Monken or Willie Fritz was a finalist over them though. Regardless Congratulations

Aren't the finalists based on fan voting?

ITmonarch10
December 4th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Aren't the finalists based on fan voting?

Bobby Wilder was just barely second behind Jeff Monken in the fan voting the last time I checked. However, its only 20% of the process.

Votes are tallied based on the following equation:
20% Fan Votes
55% College Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee Votes
25% National Media Votes

straightshooter
December 4th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I think the award is about more than just winning games. It has a lot to do with how the program is run, the academic situation of the team, community service, etc. There was a quote on the GSUFans.com site by a Liberty Mutual representative who mentioned Monken and those things. Winning is important, but the look at more than that.

Lehigh'98
December 4th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Wagners coach should have received some consideration, due to what they were able to do around Hurricane Sandy along with making and winning first playoff game.

Seawolf97
December 4th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Wagners coach should have received some consideration, due to what they were able to do around Hurricane Sandy along with making and winning first playoff game.

Plus they are not a full scholarship program being in the NEC. Good job and I'm sure we wil see them again in the play offs.

URMite
December 5th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Rob Ash, Montana State
Danny Rocco, Richmond

One of these guys can't be very good. He didn't make the playoffs! :D

clawman
December 5th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Rob Ash, Montana State
Danny Rocco, Richmond

This was quite a joke this year. If a person does not use Twitter they had no opportunity to vote.

Eaglesrus
December 5th, 2012, 09:27 AM
This was quite a joke this year. If a person does not use Twitter they had no opportunity to vote.

So it wasn't just me! Went there several times to check, thinking that surely there was another way to vote.