PDA

View Full Version : TSN story on Jerry Moore's removal

FanofFCS
December 2nd, 2012, 06:44 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4547674

SoCon48
December 3rd, 2012, 03:02 PM
I like this part:
"I'm going to broach the conversation with Coach about some type of role here within the university athletics," Cobb said.

ASUG8
December 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Cobb has a lot of egg on his face with how he handled this.

cbarrier90
December 3rd, 2012, 04:11 PM

Only if he doesn't come through with the FBS invite. Saying "It's time," makes me think he knows a move is on the horizon. Satterfield was not brought in just for old times sake. This was coming, and Coach Moore has been adamant through the years that he doesn't want to coach in the FBS.

It was a tricky situation, but come up with the FBS invite you've been teasing the fanbase with for years, and it's the right call. Otherwise, oh boy...

SoCon48
December 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM

I agree. If Moore stays on in another position, Cobb will have dodged a bullet. Many give Cobb most of the credit for ASU's rise over the course of the championship years and boost in attendance. I think Jerry made Cobb, not the other way around.

cbarrier90
December 3rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
I agree. If Moore stays on in another position, Cobb will have dodged a bullet. Many give Cobb most of the credit for ASU's rise over the course of the championship years and boost in attendance. I think Jerry made Cobb, not the other way around.

On the other hand, Cobb was able to capitalize on the program's success to grow it to the point where it is today, something that many schools at this level with dynastic runs were unable to accomplish.

The only thing Cobb has screwed up so far, IMO, is the Capel hire. Jerry will be back and given the royal treatment in Boone for the rest of his retirement while the program moves into another era. It's a move that was going to happen sooner or later. Let's all just calm down and let it happen.