PDA

View Full Version : What is total BS is............

penguinpower
December 2nd, 2012, 12:05 AM
The fact that the MVFC got only 3 teams and two of them had to play each other in the second round.

This year the Valley should have had more respect. The NC will likely be a valley team. I think NDSU repeats. They got no respect and the TV announcers gave Illinois State zero credit until they won. Total BS.

BisonBohl
December 2nd, 2012, 12:12 AM
Couldn't agree more, unfortunately the way it shook up this year there was a lot qualified teams and the valley play beat up a couple of teams to much.

ITmonarch10
December 2nd, 2012, 12:33 AM
The fact that the MVFC got only 3 teams and two of them had to play each other in the second round.

This year the Valley should have had more respect. The NC will likely be a valley team. I think NDSU repeats. They got no respect and the TV announcers gave Illinois State zero credit until they won. Total BS.

O shut up already. I'm tired of the MVFC fans complaining about a lack of respect. The playoffs have one goal and it is to find one Champion.

As for Illinois St, it kinda hard to give them all the credit in the world when you win by a blocked XP. It looked more like App St laziness on special teams. A blocked FG is one thing, but a blocked extra point considering how close you are to the post, is the kicking teams fault. They also only had a 4 point spread. It wasn't surprising they won and it played out exactly how everyone predicted it would. A close game....

As for SDSU, this crap happens all the dam time. It actually made it possible for a lot of SDSU fans to go to the game. The fact that they got dominated by NDSU doesn't help their case for a bye week regardless of whether or not they could beat a bye team like App st. In addition, did you quickly forget how many teams were left out the playoffs this year. You should be grateful to even be there considering the amount of teams that got woofed this year.

Also, I find it hilarious that this is coming from a YSU fan. If you are a historic or current FCS power with a string of success making it to the playoffs you get better treatment.

Cleets
December 2nd, 2012, 12:42 AM
O shut up already. I'm tired of the MVFC fans complaining about a lack of respect. The playoffs have one goal and it is to find one Champion.

As for Illinois St, it kinda hard to give them all the credit in the world when you win by a blocked XP. It look more like App St laziness on special teams. A blocked FG is one thing but a blacked extra point considering how close you are is the kicking teams fault. They also only had a 4 point spread. It wasn't surprising they won and it played out exactly how everyone predicted it would. A close game....

As for SDSU, this crap happens all the dam time. It actually made it possible for a lot of SDSU fans to go to the game. The fact that they got dominated by NDSU doesn't help their case for a bye week regardless of whether or not they could beat a bye team like App st. In addition, did you quickly forget how many teams were left out the playoffs this year. You should be grateful to even be there considering the amount of teams that got woofed this year.

Also, I find it hilarious that this is coming from a YSU fan. If you are a historic or current FCS power with a string of success making it to the playoffs you get better treatment.

Nice...
For a new guy I like how you take the gloves off and pile right in there

Lehigh'98
December 2nd, 2012, 01:13 AM
Why not just have the playoffs called the valley invitational and give the top 8 seeds to valley teams. No need to even have other teams in.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 01:23 AM
Why not just have the playoffs called the valley invitational and give the top 8 seeds to valley teams. No need to even have other teams in.

Especially not Lehigh. ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2012, 02:23 AM

What a bunch of bull****. The announcers gave Ill. St. respect throughout the entire game I watched which is the same game you watched.

Playing a conference member in the second round happens fairly often to the power conferences.

The teams that got in from the MVFC are the ones that should have. The rest, not so much.

tourguide
December 2nd, 2012, 03:35 AM
Especially not Lehigh. ;)

Lehigh still has a football team?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 06:37 AM
I'm going to have to agree withe masses here. All these teams eventually have to play. Only one team can win. I can think of a Towson team who would have loved to come to Fargo.

NDSUBowler
December 2nd, 2012, 06:46 AM

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080202231409/uncyclopedia/images/1/11/Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2012, 07:27 AM
App with a one legged QB guys. Anyone that watched the game probably was saying there is no way App should even be in this game due to that fact alone. Jackson showed a lot of heart to almost beat ISU at less than 80%.

68ndsuBISONfan
December 2nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
Lehigh still has a football team?

Wow. LMAO. Apparently so.

blueballs
December 2nd, 2012, 08:49 AM
Cry me a ******ing river...

I didn't hear anybody from the MVFC complaining in 2001 when GSU had to play conference mate App in the round of 8 and conference mate Furman in the semis after defeating both of them in the regular season.

Man up and deal with it. If you are good enough to be a champion you'll defeat whoever you play, whenever you play, wherever you play- regardless.

TypicalTribe
December 2nd, 2012, 09:26 AM
The MVFC had their chance to get 4 or 5 teams but Indiana State and Youngstown blew their chances.

Did that ODU poster's rant imply that YSU was not a historic FCS power? History lesson needed.

As for league matchups in the playoffs, I remember a year where 3 of the CAA losses came to other CAA teams. It happens.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 09:30 AM
The MVFC had their chance to get 4 or 5 teams but Indiana State and Youngstown blew their chances.

Did that ODU poster's rant imply that YSU was not a historic FCS power? History lesson needed.

As for league matchups in the playoffs, I remember a year where 3 of the CAA losses came to other CAA teams. It happens.

Historic? Yes, Has been? yes.

TheRevSFA
December 2nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
...and what's the deal with airline food?

Houndawg
December 2nd, 2012, 10:01 AM

I didn't give them any credit until they won either. I just don't think they're that good.

ITmonarch10
December 2nd, 2012, 10:21 AM

As for league match-ups in the playoffs, I remember a year where 3 of the CAA losses came to other CAA teams. It happens.

TypicalTribe you should reread my statement, I was implying the opposite is true. If YSU or UNI had the same resume as SDSU and Illinois st, they would been given the benefit of the doubt, put on a golden pedestal, and given 1st round byes based on name recognition and past accomplishments. It's because nobody knows much about them that they aren't given as much hype and not because of conference affiliation. Just look at the polls this year on a weekly basis and you will see what i'm talking about. It took forever for YSU and UNI to stop getting votes despite sucking week after week.

Next year, they will be given far more respect next because they are now proven playoff teams.

Also, Its pretty dumb to assume people don't know the history of a team considering this is a forum dedicated to the more informed FCS watcher.

Sycamore62
December 2nd, 2012, 10:29 AM

I think this year, another team from the MVC would have bumped one out. With the way all the records turned out the MVC likely only gets 3 in.

Also, ISUr didn't block an extra pt that would have won it. It would have tied it. Who knows what would have happened but I wouldn't call the win lucky because of that.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 2nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
I really do feel for South Dakota State having to play at Fargo in the round of 16. But let's not pretend like that MVFC is that much better than the other power conferences that they somehow deserved more than 3 teams in.

App. State got into the playoff field winning a game they would lose 9 times out of 10 and had their dual threat QB hobbling around injured and the second MVFC team in the field squeaked by on a botched PAT in OT.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
I really do feel for South Dakota State having to play at Fargo in the round of 16. But let's not pretend like that MVFC is that much better than the other power conferences that they somehow deserved more than 3 teams in.

App. State got into the playoff field winning a game they would lose 9 times out of 10 and had their dual threat QB hobbling around injured and the second MVFC team in the field squeaked by on a botched PAT in OT.

Not botched, blocked by a superior defensive play. Credit where credit is due.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
It sucks that they had to play NDSU, I honestly think they would have done better in any of the other games yesterday. It is what it is. Get a seed next time.

wapiti
December 2nd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Yes!! and that the 3 Big Sky teams are all on the same side of the bracket. Oh the inhumanity!!!!!
This should be reported to the UN.

FargoBison
December 2nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
I do think the committee should have a rule that no team from the same conference plays until the quarterfinals.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
I do think the committee should have a rule that no team from the same conference plays until the quarterfinals.

That might make regional scheduling weird in years when the Bigsky and CAA have 4-5 teams each.

darell1976
December 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
I know in NCAA DI hockey they try to avoid matchups in the first couple rounds against conference foes however it does happen, and sometimes can't be avoided. With more teams getting a playoff berth coming up you may see more of this.

walliver
December 3rd, 2012, 10:00 PM
It's all geography. The East Coast is densely packed, conferences overlap geographically, and travel is shorter. When dealing with the western half of the MVFC and the Big Sky, you are dealing with teams that are a long way away from out of conference teams. SDSU at NDSU made geographic sense. It is a bus trip, not a flight.

The FCS playoff is not a big money marker and financial concerns do enter into things.

frozennorth
December 3rd, 2012, 10:19 PM
Can we stop repeating this topic already?

illinois state finished third, but w/e.