Coastal Carolina 35 @ Old Dominion 63

Central Arkansas 16 @ Georgia Southern 24

Illinois St 38 @ Appalachian St 37

Stony Brook 10 @ Montana St 16

Wagner 19 @ Eastern Washington 29

Cal Poly 16 @ Sam Houston 18

New Hampshire 7 @ Wofford 23

*Please point out any BS if school are over reporting
*Illinois St over App St was the only upset |Don't think anyone is truly surprised though

5 Dimes Spread
Wofford (-9) vs. UNH
GaSo (-8) vs. UCA
ODU (-14) vs. Coastal Carolina
App St (-4) vs. Illinois St.
Sam Houston St. (-12) vs. Cal Poly
NDSU (-8) vs. SDSU
E. Washington (-20) vs. Wagner
Montana St. (-10) vs. Stony Brook

So far everything is going relatively close to the script and pretty decent playoff attendance. Way to Represent Montana st, ODU, NDSU, and App St.

CorrosionDoc
December 1st, 2012, 10:11 PM
MSU attendance: 15,257

ITmonarch10
December 1st, 2012, 10:15 PM
MSU attendance: 15,257

Thx updated

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 10:55 PM
piss poor...as usual for the playoffs. sigh.

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2012, 11:00 PM
My biggest takeaways from today was how low-scoring the SHSU/CP, EWU/Wagner, & MSU/SB games were. Are the game films going to show an off day for the winning offenses or were the CP, Wagner, & SB defenses that strong?

KATS_21
December 1st, 2012, 11:22 PM
My biggest takeaways from today was how low-scoring the SHSU/CP, EWU/Wagner, & MSU/SB games were. Are the game films going to show an off day for the winning offenses or were the CP, Wagner, & SB defenses that strong?

This was one of the worst offenses I've seen under Fritz in the past 3 seasons for the Bearkats. Poor play calling and qb play, and yes even worse than the nc game.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2012, 11:29 PM
This was one of the worst offenses I've seen under Fritz in the past 3 seasons for the Bearkats. Poor play calling and qb play, and yes even worse than the nc game.

So what you are saying is, you faced a great defense and they didn't put 3rd stringers in at the end of the game. ;)

The Eagle's Cliff
December 2nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Worse home game attendance for GSU in Monken era and among lowest ever @8888.

UGA plays their biggest game in 30 years and TV parties for the SEC Championship trump FCS playoff.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2012, 08:08 AM

Do you know what the common denominator is?

Sam_Kats
December 2nd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Please tell us, Caribbean. Please give us knowledge, good sir. PLEASE tell us how our team can keep it within 10 TD's in Bozeman. Oh, for the love of anything, P L E A S E tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Please tell us, Caribbean. Please give us knowledge, good sir. PLEASE tell us how our team can keep it within 10 TD's in Bozeman. Oh, for the love of anything, P L E A S E tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just seems odd that none of your fans give Cal Poly any credit for playing some good D and taking your feared O out of it's game, your O would have been fine against a lesser D from your conference... and as far as next week, You guys whipped em last year, so tell me what will be different this year besides the blizzard

Sam_Kats
December 2nd, 2012, 08:48 AM
You're taking a small sample size of Sam fans. Most KNOW Cal Poly came to play & did very well. In fact, BOTH defenses stood tall yesterday & the score reflects that. Our QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn & our all-EVERYTHING tailback only touch it 17 times...to produce the only 100 yd rushing performance given up by Cal Poly in 18 games. So, while some might be tossing out the idea of Poly playing great D (which they did) I'm assuming it's mostly out of frustration of the play calling & Bell playing so poorly.

Again, it's the playoffs...win by 1 & move on. Gonna be a GREAT game in Bozeman. Looking fwd to it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 08:52 AM
When was the last time a Sam Houston team won a playoff game away from Bowers?

Sam_Kats
December 2nd, 2012, 08:55 AM
@ EWU the last time we made it prior to last year.

kalm
December 2nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Game

Attendance

South Dakota St 3 @ North Dakota St 28

Coastal Carolina 35 @ Old Dominion 63

Central Arkansas 16 @ Georgia Southern 24

Illinois St 38 @ Appalachian St 37

Stony Brook 10 @ Montana St 16

Wagner 19 @ Eastern Washington 29

Cal Poly 16 @ Sam Houston 18

New Hampshire 7 @ Wofford 23

*Please point out any BS if school are over reporting
*Illinois St over App St was the only upset |Don't think anyone is truly surprised though

5 Dimes Spread
Wofford (-9) vs. UNH
GaSo (-8) vs. UCA
ODU (-14) vs. Coastal Carolina
App St (-4) vs. Illinois St.
Sam Houston St. (-12) vs. Cal Poly
NDSU (-8) vs. SDSU
E. Washington (-20) vs. Wagner
Montana St. (-10) vs. Stony Brook

So far everything is going relatively close to the script and pretty decent playoff attendance. Way to Represent Montana st, ODU, NDSU, and App St.

EWU's A.D. reported friday afternoon on the radio that there were only 500 tickets remaining. Roos seats 8700 and it looked about that full.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 02:50 PM
EWU's A.D. reported friday afternoon on the radio that there were only 500 tickets remaining. Roos seats 8700 and it looked about that full.

Doesn't mean everyone who bought a ticket showed up(or that every ticket given to Wag was used), or that the AD was 100% truthful when attempting to advertise demand on a radio show. Those are the numbers, to lie about them in the playoffs would be fraud.

WataugaDave
December 2nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Illinois St 38 @ Appalachian St 37 16719

I expected better considering the students got free tickets.

kalm
December 2nd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Doesn't mean everyone who bought a ticket showed up(or that every ticket given to Wag was used), or that the AD was 100% truthful when attempting to advertise demand on a radio show. Those are the numbers, to lie about them in the playoffs would be fraud.

I know, but the eyeball test says otherwise.

CrazyCat
December 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
I know, but the eyeball test says otherwise.

Same with ours.

Red & Black
December 2nd, 2012, 04:52 PM
@ EWU the last time we made it prior to last year.

Don't remind me. Probably the most dissapointing game I've ever watched giving up a huge lead like that at the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68ndsuBISONfan
December 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM

It will cost you

BEAR
December 2nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
8888 at the GASO / UCA game? I know the SEC championship game took fans away but UCA could have put 11,000 in their 9000 seat stadium if GASO would have come to Conway. Do you hear me playoff committee? We'd oversell a playoff game... Yeah we need a bigger stadium, but that comes with time in division I. We'll get there.

frozennorth
December 2nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but some staff, as well as the bands, don't count toward total attendance.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
8888 at the GASO / UCA game? I know the SEC championship game took fans away but UCA could have put 11,000 in their 9000 seat stadium if GASO would have come to Conway. Do you hear me playoff committee? We'd oversell a playoff game... Yeah we need a bigger stadium, but that comes with time in division I. We'll get there.

They don't care about butts in the seats, just receipts. That EKU game was embarrassing on television last year.

CropDuster
December 2nd, 2012, 05:44 PM

Slow your roll and work on getting seeded. xcoffeex

GSUEagles#1
December 2nd, 2012, 07:16 PM

while It was a poor showing... (yes having the UGA game at 4:00 hurt very much! Also there were 4-6 sorority and fraternity formals that night.) our students only get counted 1/6 since they only pay $5, that skews the numbers.

I will commend the UCA fans and pep band that came! That was actually the only school that a band of any sort all season. I also think yall brought more fans than App did! Good job!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
while It was a poor showing... (yes having the UGA game at 4:00 hurt very much! Also there were 4-6 sorority and fraternity formals that night.) our students only get counted 1/6 since they only pay $5, that skews the numbers.

I will commend the UCA fans and pep band that came! That was actually the only school that a band of any sort all season. I also think yall brought more fans than App did! Good job!

Everybody knows the only reason to see a Southland game is for the bands.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 08:01 PM

What I bolded sounds made up. Do you have any NCAA publications discussing the 1/6th attendance compromise?

CrazyCat
December 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
There was a post on BN that said that during the regular season schools can count everybody (players, coaches,bands, tv guys,etc.,etc.) The NCAA only counts paid tickets.

McNeese75
December 2nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Everybody knows the only reason to see a Southland game is for the bands.

You are ****ing clueless

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
You are ****ing clueless

That will be funny to a few people. You, I don't so much care.

McNeese75
December 2nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
That will be funny to a few people. You, I don't so much care.

Ditto

clenz
December 2nd, 2012, 09:13 PM
There was a post on BN that said that during the regular season schools can count everybody (players, coaches,bands, tv guys,etc.,etc.) The NCAA only counts paid tickets.
This....it happens at every school. Major reason playoff attendance is sees the drop it does.

ITmonarch10
December 2nd, 2012, 11:38 PM

Scoring Summary (Final)
2012 Eastern Washington Univ. Football
Wagner vs #4 Eastern Washington (Dec 1, 2012 at Cheney, Washington)

Wagner (9-4) vs. Eastern Washington (10-2)
Date: Dec 1, 2012 Site: Cheney, Washington Stadium: Roos Field
Attendance: 7039

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
Wagner.............. 0 6 13 0 - 19
Eastern Washington.. 0 14 8 7 - 29

The information came directly from EWU website.

dudeitsaid
December 2nd, 2012, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=Red & Black;1907304]Don't remind me. Probably the most dissapointing game I've ever watched giving up a huge lead like that at the end of the game.

Agree with that. Ranks as one of the top 3 all times sports disappointments I've been through!

GlassOnion
December 2nd, 2012, 11:54 PM

Thats not supposed to happen. A few FBS schools got caught doing that trying to reach the multi year attendance average threshold for FBS, and were put on probation.

kalm
December 3rd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Scoring Summary (Final)
2012 Eastern Washington Univ. Football
Wagner vs #4 Eastern Washington (Dec 1, 2012 at Cheney, Washington)

Wagner (9-4) vs. Eastern Washington (10-2)
Date: Dec 1, 2012 Site: Cheney, Washington Stadium: Roos Field
Attendance: 7039

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
Wagner.............. 0 6 13 0 - 19
Eastern Washington.. 0 14 8 7 - 29

The information came directly from EWU website.

I know, I read the recaps at goeags.com too. My point being that there simply was not 1700 empty seats in that stadium.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 3rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
Not that it's much better, but judging by what each section holds, I guessed 10K while at the stadium. Many cleared out at halftime to go watch the Bama/UGA game.

I'm sure the situation is similar for other Directional U's in SEC Country. Our program at Georgia southern was built by many UGA Alumni who were loyal to Erk Russell and the community. After 30 years, we've built a solid fan base that keeps getting "bluer" as the generational shift occurs, but Ga Tech can't even compete with the Dawgs. Each graduating class seems to contain more anti-UGA alumni so I'm optimistic about growing our market share and increasing the size of our niche, but we'll never be more than a niche compared to UGA. Still, good football and 40K+ 20 years from now will be just fine for us.

katstrapper
December 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
I think with final exams going on had some effect on attendance. Not the normal student attendance that has been there. I do know that the 7073 that did show up they were loud and proud. Tough ballgame on Saturday, but a win is a win. On to the next round. I think the short week of preparation will do the Kats good this week.