View Full Version : Sam Houston at Montana State

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tubakat2014
December 1st, 2012, 09:07 PM
I sure hope my Bearkats have a walk-in freezer to practice in...

Nickels
December 1st, 2012, 09:11 PM
Saturday
cloudy Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 41F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
Saturday Night
nt_chancesnow Overcast with a chance of snow. Low of 28F with a windchill as low as 19F. Winds from the North at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.

That is a 7 day forecast though which are reliably unreliable.

Nickels
December 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM
btw- why are MSU fans rushing the field after a 2nd round win?

bobcateconomist
December 1st, 2012, 10:08 PM
They're enthusiastic. They want to go shake hands with DeNarius.

ITmonarch10
December 1st, 2012, 10:09 PM
btw- why are MSU fans rushing the field after a 2nd round win? Why not? It was a close game with a pretty good finish.

Tubakat2014
December 1st, 2012, 10:10 PM
High of 41, low of 28 with a wind chill of 19? Could be much worse, so I'll take it. It's not like our players have never been in weather that cold, it's just not nearly as common in here- and they probably have never played in it. We'll see...

As for MSU rushing the field, it's probably because it was a hard fought win. Had they won 56-0, I doubt there would be much post-game action on the field.

On that subject- what is this ten minute "cool-off" time after the game? Did the NCAA finally give up on trying to keep fans from rushing the field? :D

CorrosionDoc
December 1st, 2012, 10:17 PM

Probably because there were more than 7100 people in attendance, unlike at SHSU's game...

CorrosionDoc
December 1st, 2012, 10:24 PM
Gametime announced to be 6PM mountain Friday night and will be shown on ESPN2. http://t.co/zWRded71

Weather forecast from Weather Underground for next Friday: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=bozeman%2C+mt&MR=1

Friday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 39F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 20%.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy. Low of 19F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2012, 10:32 PM
Note to SHSU coaches... practice at arena where Dallas Stars play. I've heard that place has a few open dates this winter.

Nickels
December 1st, 2012, 11:05 PM
Probably because there were more than 7100 people in attendance, unlike at SHSU's game...
That doesn't make sense. I watch FBS & FCS games all of the time and I've never seen a fan base rush field after such an irrelevant win.

BisonBohl
December 1st, 2012, 11:09 PM
This will be a very interesting game, I think SHSU sneaks by even on the road...

Southern Bison
December 1st, 2012, 11:12 PM
Gametime announced to be 6PM mountain Friday night and will be shown on ESPN2. http://t.co/zWRded71

Weather forecast from Weather Underground for next Friday: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=bozeman%2C+mt&MR=1

Friday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 39F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 20%.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy. Low of 19F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.

So the MSU Bearcats will be hosting the SHSU B-b-b-brrrkats in a rematch...I think we'll see a difference from last year's game. :D

CorrosionDoc
December 1st, 2012, 11:18 PM
That doesn't make sense. I watch FBS & FCS games all of the time and I've never seen a fan base rush field after such an irrelevant win.

Advancing in the playoffs is an irrelevant win??? xcrazyx

And since you seem to be unable to find other instances in all the FBS and FCS games you watch, here you go: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=football+fans+rush+field+site%3Awww.youtube.com

Nickels
December 1st, 2012, 11:35 PM
Advancing in the playoffs is an irrelevant win??? xcrazyx

And since you seem to be unable to find other instances in all the FBS and FCS games you watch, here you go: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=football+fans+rush+field+site%3Awww.youtube.com
IMO a 2nd round win isn't rush the field worthy but seeing how MSU constantly chokes early in the tournament, I guess any playoff win should be celebrated like the NC. I think I understand now. Thanks.

CorrosionDoc
December 1st, 2012, 11:45 PM
IMO a 2nd round win isn't rush the field worthy but seeing how MSU constantly chokes early in the tournament, I guess any playoff win should be celebrated like the NC. I think I understand now. Thanks.
You mean like this when SAM HOUSTON ****ING STATE rushed the field against Montana last year???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUf1YZuj57Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxIIjMhUpC8

Assclown...

Texas
December 1st, 2012, 11:58 PM
You mean like this when SAM HOUSTON ****ING STATE rushed the field against Montana last year???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUf1YZuj57Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxIIjMhUpC8

Assclown...

Second round playoff win = Going to National Championship.

Assclown...

Cleets
December 2nd, 2012, 12:47 AM
The way things are playing out here on this thread... I anticipate a snarky week here

CopperCat
December 2nd, 2012, 12:47 AM
I want MSU to win this game for two reasons: to get to Frisco, and to send the SHSU fanbase packing straight to crapsville. Tired of the naysaying when this team just put away one of the best rushing teams in the country.

CopperCat
December 2nd, 2012, 12:48 AM
The way things are playing out here on this thread... I anticipate a snarky week here

That's putting it lightly........

Cleets
December 2nd, 2012, 12:52 AM
That's putting it lightly........

This is going to be a GREAT game (in the meantime)
Lots of angles to debate and frustrations to vent for both clubs

Nickels
December 2nd, 2012, 12:57 AM
I heard the same weak ***** last year, you know right before MSU embarrassed football. (10+ yds per carry xlolx )
MSU showed me one thing last year; that their players are quitters. It may be a new year but most of those same quitters are back on the team, ready to fold once again.

Samalum'10
December 2nd, 2012, 01:09 AM
Oh boy... saturday needs to hurry the eff up

Hammerhead
December 2nd, 2012, 01:12 AM
Georgia Southern had the most rushing yards.
http://statistics.ncaafootball.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=ncaa-football&page=cfoot2/stat/1AA-team-rushing-offense.htm

Stony Brook is #5 and SHSU is right behind them at #6.

I don't blame you for having extra motivation following the 13-49 loss in the playoffs last year.

I want MSU to win this game for two reasons: to get to Frisco, and to send the SHSU fanbase packing straight to crapsville. Tired of the naysaying when this team just put away the best rushing team in the country.

CopperCat
December 2nd, 2012, 01:17 AM
I heard the same weak ***** last year, you know right before MSU embarrassed football. (10+ yds per carry xlolx )
MSU showed me one thing last year; that their players are quitters. It may be a new year but most of those same quitters are back on the team, ready to fold once again.

This post shows me two things: you don't know a damn thing about the kind of team this is, and that you would rather talk s*** than talk about what a great game this is shaping up to be. You've officially been upgraded to troll status. Rant over.

I didn't get to watch the replay of the Sam-poly game yet, but I do know that MSU needs to put the knife in the opposition more by taking advantage of turnovers. They left at least six points on the field by not executing on third down, which is uncharacteristic of them this year. A couple dropped balls were at fault, but the offensive line also let a couple guys through that resulted in big losses on second down which forced the o-coordinators hand on third down. If I am in that film room on Monday, I'm harping on execution.

CopperCat
December 2nd, 2012, 01:20 AM
Georgia Southern had the most rushing yards.
http://statistics.ncaafootball.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=ncaa-football&page=cfoot2/stat/1AA-team-rushing-offense.htm

Stony Brook is #5 and SHSU is right behind them at #6.

I don't blame you for having extra motivation following the 13-49 loss in the playoffs last year.

Previous post corrected for accuracy. Thanks. Typing on this stupid iPad isn't easy, should have read what I posted more closely.

dudeitsaid
December 2nd, 2012, 02:00 AM

Prolly should worry less about MSU fans celebrating, and more about the end of your season in 6 days. Cal Poly is a solid BSC team, and gave SHSU everything they could handle. MSU is that much better. And with the revenge factor in place, you guys are done. And celebrated like the NC??? At least they've won one.

dudeitsaid
December 2nd, 2012, 02:03 AM
Prediction...sticking with my bracket. MSU 44, SHSU 20

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2012, 02:38 AM

I sort of agree that the rushing the field after a 2nd round game is a bit premature but it's been done by others and will be done again I'm sure. It's not nearly as pathetic as a school printing up some runner up shirts though.

Could you imagine if somebody ever did something like that?

Sam_Kats
December 2nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
This board is so anti-Sam, it's comical. "Cal Poly will win in Huntsville...guaranteed." They didn't. Now it's HOW the Kats won that isn't good enough. Poly runs a double reverse oopty-oop Annexation of Puerto Rico, etc to score with a minute left to erase a 9 pt lead. UH OH - SAM ISN'T WHO THEY WERE LAST YR, ETC. Auto-qualifer Wagner takes a lead into the 4th qtr with #2 EWU & it's just another game. MSU beats Stony by less than a score & just another game. Was Cal Poly not THE best rushing team in FCS? One of the best, at least. And our defense held them to ZERO rushing TD's & a last minute 55 yd reverse TD pass. So, MSU can't talk about 'nay-sayers' as we have heard this for 2 years now.

Moving on - should be a GREAT game in Bozeman. Two really good teams & may the best one move on. Good stuff!!

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
This board is so anti-Sam, it's comical.

I think you guys bring it on yourselves, again I don't mind your team but your fans are comical indeed

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2012, 08:43 AM
I sort of agree that the rushing the field after a 2nd round game is a bit premature but it's been done by others and will be done again I'm sure. It's not nearly as pathetic as a school printing up some runner up shirts though.

Could you imagine if somebody ever did something like that?

As hard as I've tried to get one of those, I don't think they made them. I think it was a mock up that they later reconsidered and never sold.

Sam_Kats
December 2nd, 2012, 08:44 AM
Any worse than a Delaware fan trolling all the threads 'predicting' what will happen in games across the country. By the way, yesterday made you 1-4 vs Sam Houston in the playoffs the last 2 years. Well done.

cpalum
December 2nd, 2012, 09:34 AM
I think you guys bring it on yourselves, again I don't mind your team but your fans are comical indeed

Completely agree .... As a fan, if Cal Poly won a game the way SHSU just did id simply count my blessings.

It's was Cal Poly that had all the good fortune with that late TD....game wasn't even close...Good luck in Bozeman

robsnotes4u
December 2nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
This is how I look at this game.

UND, not a very good team, loses to Cal Poly only in score
First downs UND 23 cal Poly 16
yards UND 409 cal poly 395
TOP UND 33:.. Cal poly 26...

MSU vs. UND

MSU finished with a school-record 695 yards topping the previous mark of 683 set against EWU in 2004. The Bobcats also had 40 first downs and allowed just 180 yards. The eight offensive touchdowns came on drives no shorter than 59 yards with five over 75 yards.

UND's gunslinger quarterback Branden Hanson completed just 15 of 26 passes for 165 yards one week after re-writing the Big Sky Conference record book with a 660-yard performance against Montana. He finished with a quarterback rating of 123.7, which was 49 points off his season rating (172.7) coming into the game. Hanson's prime target, Greg Hardin, also set a BSC mark with 333 receiving yards last week, but he was held to just 45 by MSU.

The MSU defense recorded eight sacks and allowed just 15 rushing yards, DeNarius McGhee's QB rating was 173.9 for the game, and so on and so on. As Coach Ash said, just don't be that guy and things – all kinds of things – will go well.

Cal poly vs SHSU
First downs cal poly 17 SHSU 15
Yards cal poly 387 SHSU 241
TOP cal poly 31.. SHSU 28...
Third down conversion. Cal poly 60% (12 of 20). SHSU 38% (6 of 16)

Doesn't look very good for SHSU this year, revenge will be sweet for the Bobcats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sam_Kats
December 2nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Definitely will be a tall order.

Sammy94
December 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
If Sam has as many blown opportunities in Montana as they did last night it won't even be close. I really hope last night was a wake up call for our offense much like SB was last year.

BNATION
December 2nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
The game saturday was a travesty for SHSU... Besides winning, no disrespect to Cal Poly but we played our worse game of the year and still won. Once again a case of Montana schools being over confident even after Bearkats last year.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Definitely will be a tall order.

well not if you bring your refs along

LuckyKat
December 2nd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Gosh that ws an Ugly performance buy the Kats,
but yes Special teams and Defense was the difference for us
expecting a WHALE of a game Friday night
well be decided by 6 or less
IF Both teams Play their best game, I still like the Kats in a TUFF one

BNATION
December 2nd, 2012, 05:03 PM
my prediction in 23-20 Kats in a dog fight. wont be a blowout like last time...

Red & Black
December 2nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
I see MSU winning this game at home, 28-21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam_Kats
December 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Again, Caribbean. We get it. Trolling good.

BNATION
December 2nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
U have been awful since last year man go rag on someone who cares.

Sam_Kats
December 2nd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Cue up the "you don't have 14,000 posts on a message board so you're CLEARLY not worthy.

Yawn

Go Cats
December 2nd, 2012, 06:08 PM
will you please move on and add something relevant to the thread. Thanks!

swaghook
December 2nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Home field advantage tilts this game in MSU's favor they should have a good day on the field come Saturday.

bojeta
December 2nd, 2012, 06:18 PM
The game saturday was a travesty for SHSU... Besides winning, no disrespect to Cal Poly but we played our worse game of the year and still won. Once again a case of Montana schools being over confident even after Bearkats last year.

No disrespect to Sam Houston, but it's funny how people see things. We too could easily say that was our worst offensive performance of the season (it was), and that WE blew the opportunities. We, after all, drove deep into SHSU territory repeatedly, but did not score. SHSU on the other hand, was gift wrapped opportunities by CP fumbling inside the 10, blowing a snap on a punt, etc., and yet our defense played so well that we kept you out of the endzone repeatedly. It's all a matter of perspective.

cpalum
December 2nd, 2012, 06:22 PM

No disrespect taken....but Ill give you a different perspective. Had Cal Poly given the ball up 3 times, had a punt blocked and gotten some less than favorable whistles in a game against MSU they'd have lost by 21+ points.....

You also might consider the very very small possibility that the SHSU offense was shut down by Cal Poly's defense rather than having some kind of off day......

I think MSU will beat the Bearkats ......In a very good and cold game. 38-24 MSU in Bozeman

cpalum
December 2nd, 2012, 06:24 PM
No disrespect to Sam Houston, but it's funny how people see things. We too could easily say that was our worst offensive performance of the season (it was), and that WE blew the opportunities. We, after all, drove deep into SHSU territory repeatedly, but did not score. SHSU on the other hand, was gift wrapped opportunities by CP fumbling inside the 10, blowing a snap on a punt, etc., and yet our defense played so well that we kept you out of the endzone repeatedly. It's all a matter of perspective.

Ha!...you'd think we were in the same room xlolx

BNATION
December 2nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
MSU will no doubt be wanting to make up for last years game and I think will play inspired. SHSU will have to play a good game on offense in this game to win. (which I think we will). Run will have to be established early.

polsongrizz
December 2nd, 2012, 07:05 PM
That's nothing, EWU fans do that after every game. Lame as hell...xlolxxlolxxlolx

ridered125
December 2nd, 2012, 08:05 PM
MSU fans, don't know a lot about your team this year but did see the Stony Brook game. Your D line looks really good. I'm thinking your team is better than last year's squad, especially on defense. I don't think SHSU has seen an FCS D line this good since NDSU (not counting FBS Baylor and A&M).

The SHSU run D and special teams will show up in Montana. We need the offense and pass D to get on the plane, too.

McNeese75
December 2nd, 2012, 08:29 PM
MSU fans, don't know a lot about your team this year but did see the Stony Brook game. Your D line looks really good. I'm thinking your team is better than last year's squad, especially on defense. I don't think SHSU has seen an FCS D line this good since NDSU (not counting FBS Baylor and A&M).

The SHSU run D and special teams will show up in Montana. We need the offense and pass D to get on the plane, too.

You better hope Bell shows up. That was the problem in the NC last year and if he falters this coming weekend, Bobcats are going to feast on the Kats. If he plays well, it will be a great game.

TheRevSFA
December 2nd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Home field advantage goes a long way in the playoffs. I think msu gets the win but it won't be a blowout. Within 7

BNATION
December 2nd, 2012, 09:57 PM
You better hope Bell shows up. That was the problem in the NC last year and if he falters this coming weekend, Bobcats are going to feast on the Kats. If he plays well, it will be a great game.

Agreed Bell has to step up and play a game in Montana for us to win, he hasn't been great in the post season, hopefully he comes up big. We have two redshift QB's that are stellar, good things to come. One good thing is everyone has to gameplan for Flanders soo much that it leaves a alot of open space for our other playmakers' (Sincere, Diller, Nelson)

katstrapper
December 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
I want MSU to win this game for two reasons: to get to Frisco, and to send the SHSU fanbase packing straight to crapsville. Tired of the naysaying when this team just put away one of the best rushing teams in the country.

Kats put away the #3 rushing team in the country. So whats your point?

Now you know how Kat fans have felt this year and last.

katstrapper
December 3rd, 2012, 08:31 AM

Bell will make poor decisions at times, but always seems to redeem himself. The kid has been nothing but a winner since taking over the starting QB position (28-8 as a starter). I think you will see Bell show up to play. With a short week, I think it will be easy to get back in a normal routine of practice. Kats struggled last year vs Stony Brook after a bye week.

I think this will be the game of the week.

TheRevSFA
December 3rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
Bell will make poor decisions at times, but always seems to redeem himself. The kid has been nothing but a winner since taking over the starting QB position (28-8 with Tim Flanders as a RB). I think you will see Bell show up to play. With a short week, I think it will be easy to get back in a normal routine of practice. Kats struggled last year vs Stony Brook after a bye week.

FIFY

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2012, 08:43 AM
FIFY

Yeah, from the one game I saw (obviously). Bell doesn't seem to be a difference maker. Unless that difference is "quarterbacks laying on the ground".

MTfan4life
December 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
Yeah, from the one game I saw (obviously). Bell doesn't seem to be a difference maker. Unless that difference is "quarterbacks laying on the ground".

So many bison fans posting all over ags about the talent/effectiveness/quality of teams and players based on the one time NDSU played them last season. I have seen this BS Bell comment based off last seasons NDSU game all season. First, this is 2012, not the 2011 playoffs, and second every game is different. Brian Bell is a very valuable part of their offense and a solid part for how well they have done the past two seasons. Yes, Flanders and Sincere are solid players, but Bell isn't some worthless man behind the curtains. Does it hurt to attempt to make thoughtful reasoning for once instead of sophomoric asinine one-liners?

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
Bell will make poor decisions at times, but always seems to redeem himself. The kid has been nothing but a winner since taking over the starting QB position (28-8 as a starter). I think you will see Bell show up to play. With a short week, I think it will be easy to get back in a normal routine of practice. Kats struggled last year vs Stony Brook after a bye week.

I think they are all going to be good games, hard to make pick of the week.

Hardest defensive game NDSU vs wofford
Most fun offensively to watch ODU vs GSU
Easiest game MSU vs SHSU, MSU easily wins at home
Ugliest game ISU vs EWU, red field Is pure ugly

TheRevSFA
December 3rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
So many bison fans posting all over ags about the talent/effectiveness/quality of teams and players based on the one time NDSU played them last season. I have seen this BS Bell comment based off last seasons NDSU game all season. First, this is 2012, not the 2011 playoffs, and second every game is different. Brian Bell is a very valuable part of their offense and a solid part for how well they have done the past two seasons. Yes, Flanders and Sincere are solid players, but Bell isn't some worthless man behind the curtains. Does it hurt to attempt to make thoughtful reasoning for once instead of sophomoric asinine one-liners?

As someone who gets the pleasure of watching Sam Houston play in conference, I can tell you that Brian Bell, while not a bad QB, is not consistent and there is a reason why some of the Kat faithful call him "Big Play Bell". What helps him is the talent he has around him. He has two great RBs in Flanders and Keyshawn Hill, and great wide outs (especially Trey Diller) who have the speed to catch his throws that are not always on target.

Bell truly has the benefit of talent around him. If he didn't have that, Sam wouldn't be a success.

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 09:18 AM

Good post

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 09:20 AM
As someone who gets the pleasure of watching Sam Houston play in conference, I can tell you that Brian Bell, while not a bad QB, is not consistent and there is a reason why some of the Kat faithful call him "Big Play Bell". What helps him is the talent he has around him. He has two great RBs in Flanders and Keyshawn Hill, and great wide outs (especially Trey Diller) who have the speed to catch his throws that are not always on target.

Bell truly has the benefit of talent around him. If he didn't have that, Sam wouldn't be a success.

It could be that he doesn't have to be the star, maybe in a different situation he is different. What is best for the team? As I see it you can't argue with the results

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Well i have had the pleasure of watching every Kat game and have to disagree, Bell is an average quarterback with great talent, (Im one of his defenders).

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
We'll see if MSU can drop the "soft" label. That was an *** kicking last year with both teams returning a lot. Better' hope for bad weather MSU.

kingkat99
December 3rd, 2012, 09:27 AM
Bottom line anyone shuts down Sincere and Flanders and Bell WILL NOT win a game for us PERIOD. Once he starts playing from behind its as good as over.

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 09:30 AM
Well i wouldnt say over he has had a few comebacks in his days here, just look to our other playmakers, Diller, Nelson(Texas A&M transfer, and Hill.

kingkat99
December 3rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Bell manages a good game until it gets away from him and he tries too hard. Passes start sailing and he gets really nervous when there is a good pass rush that can get to him(see NDSU). Helluva player awesome kid and he plays his role(game manager) well. Beyond that its a crap shoot.

catbob
December 3rd, 2012, 09:38 AM

Kind of the opposite for MSU. Our WRs are average, maybe slightly above average. We don't have that big play, gamebreaking WR that we had last with with Elvis Akpla.

McGhee has won some games with pure determination. Without McGhee, the Cats aren't a top 5 team, maybe not even a top 10 team.

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
I'm not one of Bell's defenders that being said, he usually doesn't have to win the game as the game vs Cal Poly showed. This team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. One person never wins a game, it takes a team effort. I think Bell is a great field general that rarely makes mistakes. In my opinion he is very much like Jensen. I think that is why I find it funny when Bison fans start in on Bell and then I see threads where Jensen is the greatest in the FCS. Pretty much the same type QB.

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
Kind of the opposite for MSU. Our WRs are average, maybe slightly above average. We don't have that big play, gamebreaking WR that we had last with with Elvis Akpla.

McGhee has won some games with pure determination. Without McGhee, the Cats aren't a top 5 team, maybe not even a top 10 team.

Agree, with what I have seen, I beleive this will be a good game Montana schools are historically tough at home which will help but i beleive our defensive speed will be the difference in the game as well as the big play on special teams. I think that stopping all the different big play guys on offense will prove difficult.

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2012, 09:42 AM
We don't have that big play, gamebreaking WR that we had last with with Elvis Akpla.

Thank goodness, that kid made the best catch I've ever seen live during last year's contest.

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Have to agree with Sammy on this one Elvis was an outstanding talent...Did he go play anywhere, walk on, Canada, etc....

catbob
December 3rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
I watched a bit of the Cal Poly game; I'll have to watch some more of it this week sometimes. Kats look physically talented as always. I was impressed with how they handled Poly on defense in terms of scoring defense. The Poly offense was rated higher than MSU overall and in scoring, but they are much more one dimensional than the Cats, but I was surprised to see Poly gain so many yards on the ground and through the air.

The Kats should be able to contain if not shut down the Bobcats running game. We've struggled with talented DLines in opening holes and generating a push for our capable backs. And when we struggle with the run game, the passing game isn't as effective. We struggled with Stony Brook's run defense, a statistically average run defense, at home - our leading rusher was McGhee. And it sounds like our main RB Cody Kirk is going to be out for this game - but we have a previous 1000 yard rusher (2010) backing him up.

Cats will have to have success running the ball - they don't need huge numbers, but they will need to probably get over 100 from the backs themselves.

This game could be much more of a defensive struggle than some people might realize.

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 09:58 AM
I watched a bit of the Cal Poly game; I'll have to watch some more of it this week sometimes. Kats look physically talented as always. I was impressed with how they handled Poly on defense in terms of scoring defense. The Poly offense was rated higher than MSU overall and in scoring, but they are much more one dimensional than the Cats, but I was surprised to see Poly gain so many yards on the ground and through the air.

The Kats should be able to contain if not shut down the Bobcats running game. We've struggled with talented DLines in opening holes and generating a push for our capable backs. And when we struggle with the run game, the passing game isn't as effective. We struggled with Stony Brook's run defense, a statistically average run defense, at home - our leading rusher was McGhee. And it sounds like our main RB Cody Kirk is going to be out for this game - but we have a previous 1000 yard rusher (2010) backing him up.

Cats will have to have success running the ball - they don't need huge numbers, but they will need to probably get over 100 from the backs themselves.

This game could be much more of a defensive struggle than some people might realize.

What is The Kirk injury

LuckyKat
December 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM

And even with that solid defensive showing, our BADDEST and when I say Baddest I mean most aggresive and ill say it MEANEST (with all respect) player Darius Taylor only played special teams, has a tweeked anke he was resting to get ready for this nest round. I look for Darius to be the difference, I expect him to be a Mad man out on the field, I was watching him on the sidelines at the CP game and he looked like he was about to explode,
This 2012 Bearkat Defensive Squad will be the difference

kalm
December 3rd, 2012, 10:05 AM

Agreed. This is McGhee's moment to lead. I think his play making and your defensive front 7 are the difference.

As for rushing the field, Polson you just happened to be at the only games worthy of doing it. It never happens when you and Pam aren't around, therefore your attendance is mandatory going forward.

Thank you.

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Look for the Taylor twins to play possesed in the next game, sad bad luck that we lost Fielo to a neck injury in the first game.xpissedx

TheRevSFA
December 3rd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Thank goodness, that kid made the best catch I've ever seen live during last year's contest.

Agree 100 percent. I have not seen a better catch. Insane.

KATS_21
December 3rd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Well i wouldnt say over he has had a few comebacks in his days here, just look to our other playmakers, Diller, Nelson(Texas A&M transfer, and Hill.

Remind me of these comebacks you speak of........

catbob
December 3rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
What is The Kirk injury

Word on the Nation is torn MCL, but they will be doing tests today I think. Nothing official yet. Kirk is one of the toughest mofos I've ever seen so if there is any chance he can play, he'll be out there.

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Well down 10-3 halftime against a salty stony brook team last year. just off the top of my head.

slostang
December 3rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
One thing to consider when using the SHSU/Cal Poly game to predict the SHSU/Montana State game is that SHU is an option team and Cal Poly's defense see the option every day in practice all season. That and Cal Poly had two weeks to prepare for it and MSU has a short week (Friday night game). I know a lot of people feel MSU has a better defense than Cal Poly (i would argue Cal Poly's front 7 is very comparable), but I would not be surprised if SHSU has more yards and points this week considering Cal Poly's familiarity with the option and MSU's short week vs 2 weeks Cal Poly had to prepare. Don't forget this is basically the same SHSU offense that put 49 points and and over 500 yards of offense against MSU in the playoffs last year.

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
Totally agree with slostang, if Montana St is not significantly better on defense this will be another long game for them.

catbob
December 3rd, 2012, 10:45 AM
One thing to consider when using the SHSU/Cal Poly game to predict the SHSU/Montana State game is that SHU is an option team and Cal Poly's defense see that every day in practice the all season. That and Cal Poly had two weeks to prepare for it and MSU has a short week (Friday night game). I know a lot of people feel MSU has a better defense than Cal Poly (i would argue Cal Poly's front 7 is very comparable), but I would not be surprised if SHSU has more yards and points this week considering Cal Poly's familiarity with the option and MSU's short week vs 2 weeks Cal Poly had to prepare. Don't forget this is basically the same SHSU offense that put 49 points and and over 500 yards of offense against MSU in the playoffs last year.

Oh I agree. Poly's defense is well suited for SHSU, MSU's defense is set up to stop I-Formation, traditional run games.

A few differences between the Cats defense this year vs last year:

First, and this is more important than one might think - we did not have a strength coach last year. It really became obvious it late seasoning conditioning, when the Griz and SHSU ran all over us. This year, the team seems to be in much better physical shape as the year has gone on - not too mention several big blowouts where starters got to rest half the game. We are about as healthy as you can get and aren't wearing down as games go on like we did towards the end of last year.

Our LB play has improved. Owens is playing perhaps the best football of his great career here, winning defensive MVP of the Big Sky. His stats won't wow you, but he is all over the field and just doesn't miss tackles. But the big difference is the upgrade in MLB of Na'a Moeakiola from Clay Bignell. Bignell was a force, but his speed doesn't match Na'a's. And the unherarlded due of the group in Cole Moore/Alexsi Grosulak, who split time at the other OLB spot. Moore is the quicker of the two and usually gets the start, but Grosulak sees a lot of time as well.

Tackling as a whole is much better. Last year we had a lot of missed tackles, or broken tackles. I haven't seen that this year. Our guys are taking good angles, wrapping up and gang-tackling much better than last year. I think it was a big focus in the offseason.

Better run stopping play from our DEs. Schreibeis has been a stud at DE this season, and not just rushing the passer. He has 52 tackles from his DE spot, 15 TFL. And Daly, the other end, was a pure pass rush specialist last year has really developed into a nice all-around DE. Daly is fast and can run you down, and Schreibeis will chase you all over the field. Big motor.

Safety play has improved as well. Fuller has played much better this year - he got burned over the top a decent amount last year, and wasn't always the best tackler in the open field. He is more aggressive this year, instead of waiting for the RB or WR to make a move, he attacks them. Bethley is coming on a solid S in his own right, though not as tall as you'd like perhaps. He has 3 INTS, 7 breakups and 10 passes defended. Much more active in pass support than we've had in years past.

Minter is still Minter in the middle - hopefully he isn't injured too bad.

The only downgrade I can see from last year is at DT opposite Minter - Christian Kelii was a good run stopper and was able to take pressure off of Minter. This year is manned by a walk-on Craig Ashworth. Teams focus much more on Minter this year, but Ashworth has played well from his DT spot. Kelii was a 300 pounder, but Ashworth runs more in the 275 range.

katstrapper
December 3rd, 2012, 10:45 AM
Look for the Taylor twins to play possesed in the next game, sad bad luck that we lost Fielo to a neck injury in the first game.xpissedx

Jesse Beauchamp has had an awesome season filling for Fielio. Jeremy Jackson (Darius's) backup is a beast. Kats dont lose much when Jackson is on the field.

Now back to the Bell talk. His numbers speak for itself. The kid is a winner. He is a leader. There is a reason he gives the Kats the best chance to win. Bell's career stats...
28-8 as a starter. (SHSU all time winningest QB)

2012 158 - 255 2,121 yds 20tds 7 ints 62% comp
2011 143 - 247 2,069 yds 20 tds 7 ints 58.8% comp
2010 110 - 205 1,381 yds 7 tds 4 ints 53.7% comp

Career 411 - 707 5,571 yds 47 tds 18 ints 58.1% comp

Solid numbers for a run oriented offense. Bell is the career leader at SHSU in the following...

Career passing yards
Career passing TD's

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Agree to disagree, while i believe Beauchamp has played extremely well Fielo was better, also i dont agree with the statement that we dont lose much with Taylor gone, you must be watching other games, he is one of the best linebackers in FCS. Big, Physical, Fast, and Agressive.

katstrapper
December 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Agree to disagree, while i believe Beauchamp has played extremely well Fielo was better, also i dont agree with the statement that we dont lose much with Taylor gone, you must be watching other games, he is one of the best linebackers in FCS. Big, Physical, Fast, and Agressive.

Maybe lose experience, but Jeremy Jackson is fast and physical as well and a damn good LB.

Darius is a beast!!. I love watching him play the game.

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
My only other thought on that is yes Jackson while very good does not have the same mental affect on offeneses or on our own defense, he is a charismatic leader that keeps our defense fired up, along with Shaw, and Darnell.

srgrizizen
December 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM

And what is SHSU's record in the state of Montana?? xlolx

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Not good, I will conceed that you do have an advantage at home, I think anyone does. Now that being said I think that this is a different team and i think that last year would have been the same as will this year. I just dont think MSU can stop our offense even at home. This game will be decided and done in the 3rd quarter regardless of who wins. Turnovers will be big and thats our specialty.

catbob
December 3rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Not good, I will conceed that you do have an advantage at home, I think anyone does. Now that being said I think that this is a different team and i think that last year would have been the same as will this year. I just dont think MSU can stop our offense even at home. This game will be decided and done in the 3rd quarter regardless of who wins. Turnovers will be big and thats our specialty.

The Cats struggled mighily with turnovers in the first half of the season, but have only turned the ball over twice (both interceptions) in the last 5 games, while forcing 12 in that same timespan.

fmrbearkat
December 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
One thing to consider when using the SHSU/Cal Poly game to predict the SHSU/Montana State game is that SHU is an option team and Cal Poly's defense see the option every day in practice all season. That and Cal Poly had two weeks to prepare for it and MSU has a short week (Friday night game). I know a lot of people feel MSU has a better defense than Cal Poly (i would argue Cal Poly's front 7 is very comparable), but I would not be surprised if SHSU has more yards and points this week considering Cal Poly's familiarity with the option and MSU's short week vs 2 weeks Cal Poly had to prepare. Don't forget this is basically the same SHSU offense that put 49 points and and over 500 yards of offense against MSU in the playoffs last year.

Great post!

First off let me say that if our offense plays like they did last week we are toast! That said i do believe that there is a big reason we played like that. Go back to the NDSU game last year...Give a team 2 weeks to prepare for our offense and they can figure it out alot better than a team that only has a week. We are an option team out of a spread look with lots of motion and shifts. The typical keys that a defensive front use are deceptive in our offense.

And as far as our defense goes we had to play a pretty base stay at home defense which is not what Stoker wants to do. He is a blitz heavy, put the corners on an island coordinator and you cant do that against a triple option team! We rely alot on getting people in the backfield and we didn't have that because we pretty much only brought our down lineman against CP. That and I think our corners got caught looking in the backfield to much thinking about the run. I think we will see a much improved Kat team this week. If we don't then we will be in for a long night!

CrazyCat
December 3rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
Last years Bobcat team would have lost to Stony Brook. Once again this is not last years defense or offense. The coaching staff and team took the loss to SHSU last year personally, and all where embarrassed. That is why the coaching staff "went to school" in the off season to concept against this type of offense. We will see Friday night.

kingkat99
December 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Last years Bobcat team would have lost to Stony Brook. Once again this is not last years defense or offense. The coaching staff and team took the loss to SHSU last year personally, and all where embarrassed. That is why the coaching staff "went to school" on 12/10/2011 to concept against this type of offense. We will see Friday night.

FIFY

deez_na
December 3rd, 2012, 12:35 PM

Your offense was slowed down quite a bit by Cal Poly, only put up 241 yards. Don't think Mont St can match Cal Poly also being at home? Either way this is another great game this weekend. Lots of fun games to watch. Good Luck to both teams.

kittiekop
December 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Last years Bobcat team would have lost to Stony Brook. Once again this is not last years defense or offense. The coaching staff and team took the loss to SHSU last year personally, and all where embarrassed. That is why the coaching staff "went to school" in the off season to concept against this type of offense. We will see Friday night.

And I would add MSU's new offensive coordinator in the off-season. For the most part we are seeing much better play calling from the sidelines than last year. I think last year a lot of people got tired of the tendancy to continue to pound one play when it was obviously not working. Much more creative, and much more adaptive to different game situations than last year.

Does MSU have the offensive talent they had last year? I'd have to say no, but I think the offense has been playing much smarter and faster than they were last year at the same point of the season.

kingkat99
December 3rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
And what is SHSU's record in the state of Montana?? xlolx

Similar to Montana's in Texas, Hope cabin fever doesnt set in early this year watching all these playoff games from your couch...

Walkon79
December 3rd, 2012, 01:37 PM
I'm not worried about MSU's defense in this game. I am worried about our OL not being able to pass protect or get a push in the run game. DeNarius is going to have to put the O on his shoulders once again for the Cats to advance.

Be LOUD, BOBCAT NATION!!!

katstrapper
December 3rd, 2012, 01:47 PM

Well they might have gone to school for nothing. SHSU changed up the offense from last year. More 4 receiver sets, no huddle offense.

catbob
December 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Note to SHSU coaching staff: Flowers is the best cover corner in the conference, so you might as well not even try.

344Johnson
December 3rd, 2012, 02:20 PM
I'll take SHSU just cause I won't pick MSU in a big playoff game until they win one.

CopperCat
December 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
I'll take SHSU just cause I won't pick MSU in a big playoff game until they win one.

So you missed the stony game?

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 02:34 PM

second round isnt a big playoff game, playing last years national finalist and a team that dogged you last year is... xlolx

344Johnson
December 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM

Exactly my point.

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 03:29 PM
Note to SHSU coaching staff: Flowers is the best cover corner in the conference, so you might as well not even try.

Hope' Flowers can tackle. Seriously, I wouldn't even consider a pass play until MSU proves they can stop the run. 428 yards last year. Chew on that for a minute.

Walkon79
December 3rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
Hope' Flowers can tackle. Seriously, I wouldn't even consider a pass play until MSU proves they can stop the run. 428 yards last year. Chew on that for a minute.

This is the guy that missed the Stony game :)

Walter Payton front-runner held to 86 yards, check!

Walkon79
December 3rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
And being an xcoach of pop warner isn't something to brag about.

catbob
December 3rd, 2012, 03:49 PM

I hope your coaching staff is as confident as you are in last year's results, and doesn't even bother to scout this year's MSU team, like you don't.

Nickels
December 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
I'm hearing rumors Kirk is out.

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 04:07 PM

He was out earlier this year and has a great backup.

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
This is the guy that missed the Stony game :)

Walter Payton front-runner held to 86 yards, check!

Stony Brook is one-dimensional.

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
I hope your coaching staff is as confident as you are in last year's results, and doesn't even bother to scout this year's MSU team, like you don't.

I just saw a culture of soft with my own eyes from the Bobcats last year. Doubt' much has changed.

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2012, 04:13 PM

And? The Kats just held the leading rusher in the Big Sky to 48 yards.

Stony Brook is one-dimensional.

Plus the dude plays in the Big South.

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
I just saw a culture of soft with my own eyes from the Bobcats last year. Doubt' much has changed.

I have memories - but only a fool stores his past in the future. ~David Gerrold

CopperCat
December 3rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
And? The Kats just held the leading rusher in the Big Sky to 48 yards.

Plus the dude plays in the Big South.

Like the southland is sooooo much better.........

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Like the southland is sooooo much better.........

The Big Sky's best rush defense couldn't hold the Southland's best to under 100. My point was the guy has a pretty easy schedule along with a run oriented offense. He should win the Payton Award. Put any of the top backs in the FCS there and they could also.

catbob
December 3rd, 2012, 04:38 PM

Wow, with your very own two eyeballs. I guess we better just forfeit.

Nickels
December 3rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
Wow, with your very own two eyeballs. I guess we better just forfeit.
I love your sig. I laugh whenever I see the MSU logo too.

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2012, 04:47 PM
As hard as I've tried to get one of those, I don't think they made them. I think it was a mock up that they later reconsidered and never sold.

They actually sold them. My buddy got one and wore it to the first Bison game this year......hilarious!

robsnotes4u
December 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
And being an xcoach of pop warner isn't something to brag about.

He must have had a terrible record after seeing his picks and points in another thread for the quarterfinal games.

Sam_Kats
December 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
I'm ready for Friday

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
As am I. Just like last year. All bark no bite.

BNATION
December 3rd, 2012, 07:46 PM
And to the herd. You guys for the most part not all, were the worst fans we had ever seen. Completely rude and obnoxious. I hope we see y'all next and shut y'all up hard.

CID1990
December 3rd, 2012, 08:25 PM
My colleague's husband here in San Salvador is a MSU grad so we'll be watching the game together. I told him as long as they don't meet Wofford I'll be pulling for them.

Bearkat-Backer
December 3rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
And to the herd. You guys for the most part not all, were the worst fans we had ever seen. Completely rude and obnoxious. I hope we see y'all next and shut y'all up hard.

The internet trolls were bad, but the fans I met in person were good people. We drank with a bunch of them at a bar in Frisco after the game and had a great time.

kingkat99
December 3rd, 2012, 08:59 PM

Their fans were awesome in person. Like night and day different than what you encounter here. Most were very gracious and humble not one time even after the game did they ever have the we are gods gift to fcs football attitude these guys have here.

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2012, 09:02 PM
Their fans were awesome in person. Like night and day different than what you encounter here. Most were very gracious and humble not one time even after the game did they ever have the we are gods gift to fcs football attitude these guys have here.

WE had numerous kat fans that came to our board as well espousing the greatness of SHSU. Every fan base has them.

Southern Bison
December 3rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
They actually sold them. My buddy got one and wore it to the first Bison game this year......hilarious!

Is this what you were referring to?

Item Description:
From the moment they lost the Division I Football Championship Series title game, the Bearkats of Sam Houston State have stayed positive. Now their fans can too, with the opportunity to purchase a runner-up t-shirt that somebody actually had printed, for some reason. It'll run you just $19.50, more if you need it in anything larger than XL, which, if you're the type of person who'd wear this, you probably do.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2012/02/medium_bf9e8b23fcaaf01e820e18e75c036c62.jpg

http://youtu.be/jvskqeIfCWE

clawman
December 3rd, 2012, 11:47 PM

That was until he got schooled by Eastern's receivers. Or maybe it was when he was watching TJ Lee lay a blanket over your hot shot receiver, he realized who he wanted to be when he grows up.
Go Eagles!

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 4th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Have to agree with Sammy on this one Elvis was an outstanding talent...Did he go play anywhere, walk on, Canada, etc....

Not sure if this has been responded to yet, so I'll do it to make sure it does. He got drafted late by the Eagles, I'm pretty sure he's on their practice squad, either there or not on the team at all.

catbob
December 4th, 2012, 12:07 AM
You guys aren't familiar with deception eh.

CopperCat
December 4th, 2012, 02:12 AM
That was until he got schooled by Eastern's receivers. Or maybe it was when he was watching TJ Lee lay a blanket over your hot shot receiver, he realized who he wanted to be when he grows up.
Go Eagles!

Kaufman had one catch. How in the hell is that getting schooled?

And I'm pretty sure that statement was a bit of trickeration.........take a joke once in awhile.

Hammerhead
December 4th, 2012, 07:47 AM
There are a few bad apples in every barrel, but I didn't witness any bad behavior by anyone rooting for either team in the tailgate town or at the game. We had a good time chatting with the SHSU fans on either side of us in the end zone seats.

BNATION
December 4th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Not sure if this has been responded to yet, so I'll do it to make sure it does. He got drafted late by the Eagles, I'm pretty sure he's on their practice squad, either there or not on the team at all.

Great glad to hear that will be looking for him

BNATION
December 4th, 2012, 08:10 AM
We had a party at the hotel by the pool night before the game and had numerous good NDSU fans attend, later on in the night two groups of NDSU fans came by and made some trouble, I'm sure there were SHSU fans who did the same.

putter
December 4th, 2012, 09:26 AM
MSU has tape of SHS to prepare a little better than last year. If I am Ash, I call Missoula and watch the 2nd half tape of UM/SHSU last year. Took Montana a half but they were able to adjust and shut down Sammy in the 2nd half last year. They can win, especially at home in the cold, but it will be a good game. SHS lateral speed was very impressive last year and Montana's running success came vertically. It will be interesting to see if MSU can run the ball AT Sammy to open the passing game. IMO, McGhee's feet will be a big factor in this game.

xcoach2
December 4th, 2012, 09:31 AM
IMO, McGhee's feet will be a big factor in this game.

He ran for his life last year. I expect more of the same this year as MSU won't be able field a consistent running game and he'll be forced into log passing situations.

putter
December 4th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Could very well happen. MSU could not run against Montana but Montana's secondary was terrible and left the door open. How is the Katz secondary?

catbob
December 4th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Kaufman had one catch. How in the hell is that getting schooled?

And I'm pretty sure that statement was a bit of trickeration.........take a joke once in awhile.

Yes, yes it was.

And EWU threw for 140 yards in that game and was picked off twice. Nobody in the secondary got schooled. In fact, I'll give you one guess who held EWU to least amount of passing yards the whole season. Hell, the least amount of total yards in the entire season.

And yes I know you'll (clawman) come back with some witty retort pertaining to the final score of the game. Keep in mind I was just responding to the topic you presented so eloquently in your insightful post.

xcoach2
December 4th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Could very well happen. MSU could not run against Montana but Montana's secondary was terrible and left the door open. How is the Katz secondary?

Same five starters from last year in the secondary. All our seniors cept' for Sneed who is a junior.

profisme
December 4th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Yes, yes it was.

And EWU threw for 140 yards in that game and was picked off twice. Nobody in the secondary got schooled. In fact, I'll give you one guess who held EWU to least amount of passing yards the whole season. Hell, the least amount of total yards in the entire season.

And yes I know you'll (clawman) come back with some witty retort pertaining to the final score of the game. Keep in mind I was just responding to the topic you presented so eloquently in your insightful post.

Leave it to Eastern fans to talk smack about a game in which they were physically dominated.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 4th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Great glad to hear that will be looking for him

Oh sorry, I am looking it up now and he was actually not drafted, but signed as a free agent by the Eagles.

Looking at his stats, he hasn't played in the regular season yet but did play in the pre-season. He had 3 catches there playing in 3 games. He isn't on their regular season depth chart, so I assume he's on their practice squad.

Edit: Looking it up a bit more it appears he didn't make the squad at all and was cut.

CrazyCat
December 4th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Oh sorry, I am looking it up now and he was actually not drafted, but signed as a free agent by the Eagles.

Looking at his stats, he hasn't played in the regular season yet but did play in the pre-season. He had 3 catches there playing in 3 games. He isn't on their regular season depth chart, so I assume he's on their practice squad.

Sadly, he was cut in training camp and is not with any team.

CopperCat
December 4th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Quick weather update for be game: my weather app is saying hi of 33, low of 19 with a 50% chance of snow all day. Sounds like football weather to me!

UofRfan
December 4th, 2012, 12:48 PM
How does the field react to the cold? I remember the Griz field freezing and opponents having tough time getting right shoes in past.

Nickels
December 4th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Quick weather update for be game: my weather app is saying hi of 33, low of 19 with a 50% chance of snow all day. Sounds like football weather to me!
Weather Underground has the game time temp @ 29-31 (which is nothing, I jog in the 30's frequently) and no snow fall until late night.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 4th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Weather Underground has the game time temp @ 29-31 (which is nothing, I jog in the 30's frequently) and no snow fall until late night.

We also weren't supposed to get snow here until 11 pm Sunday night, but it snowed at 6pm. I rarely look at the weather forecasts for Bozeman as it is so hard to predict the weather out here.

@UofRfan, our field played pretty well against PSU, and we got about 10 inches of snow the night before. A few slip ups for both teams but over all it wasn't bad. I think having turf helps quite a bit.

moosbah
December 4th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Really hoping the snow shows up for this game. Always makes for good viewing. Good luck to both teams!!!

Nickels
December 4th, 2012, 02:30 PM
We also weren't supposed to get snow here until 11 pm Sunday night, but it snowed at 6pm. I rarely look at the weather forecasts for Bozeman as it is so hard to predict the weather out here.

@UofRfan, our field played pretty well against PSU, and we got about 10 inches of snow the night before. A few slip ups for both teams but over all it wasn't bad. I think having turf helps quite a bit.
Very true regarding snow/rain predictions but over the last few days the temperature and wind predictions for Bozeman have been spot on. High 20's to low 30's is cold, don't get wrong, but most of our players have played in that at some point. It doesn't look like it's going to be 10 degrees and with a negative wind chill so I don't weather is going to be as much of a factor as everyone thinks.

robsnotes4u
December 4th, 2012, 03:01 PM

Got to love it football in the snow, perfect temps so it isn't slushy, sounds like a good day for an elk hunt or maybe a bearkat hunt

Screamin_Eagle174
December 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Leave it to Eastern fans to talk smack about a game in which they were physically dominated.

Leave it MSU fans to talk smack about a game in which they lost.

Sammy94
December 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
bearkat hunt

As proven before those guys are very tough for bobcats to catch. Speedy creatures for sure.

AaronRodgersJewBeard
December 4th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Very true regarding snow/rain predictions but over the last few days the temperature and wind predictions for Bozeman have been spot on. High 20's to low 30's is cold, don't get wrong, but most of our players have played in that at some point. It doesn't look like it's going to be 10 degrees and with a negative wind chill so I don't weather is going to be as much of a factor as everyone thinks.

I know you've said you've ran in 30 degree weather and all that stuff, but I'm assuming that you're running during the day, most likely when there's a decent amount of sun. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think 30 degrees is cold, but 30 degrees during the day and 30 degrees at night are two completely different things.

BNATION
December 4th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I know you've said you've ran in 30 degree weather and all that stuff, but I'm assuming that you're running during the day, most likely when there's a decent amount of sun. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think 30 degrees is cold, but 30 degrees during the day and 30 degrees at night are two completely different things.

Just to clear a few things up i guarantee all of these kids have played in 30 degree weather in Texas, and we have very wet cold days unlike the dry weather up north. different as well. have family from Iowa who thinks that our 32 degree weather is bone chilling compared to a 20 degree day up there. Food for thought.

TheRevSFA
December 4th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Just to clear a few things up i guarantee all of these kids have played in 30 degree weather in Texas, and we have very wet cold days unlike the dry weather up north. different as well. have family from Iowa who thinks that our 32 degree weather is bone chilling compared to a 20 degree day up there. Food for thought.

Yeah..how far is Bozeman above sea level? Elevation changes can make a big difference, especially if you aren't conditioned for them.

When was the last time any of the Sam players played a game in sub freezing temps? The coldest they had was probably Montana...

bobcateconomist
December 4th, 2012, 03:39 PM

I don't think the cold will matter that much, but the plane trip, altitude, and hostile environment might be a factor. Don't dismiss these elements. They are worth considering, especially if you find yourself looking for excuses late Friday night.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah..how far is Bozeman above sea level? Elevation changes can make a big difference, especially if you aren't conditioned for them.

When was the last time any of the Sam players played a game in sub freezing temps? The coldest they had was probably Montana...

4,400 ft

BNATION
December 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM
now elevation could be a problem. hopefully they adjust thursday.

TheRevSFA
December 4th, 2012, 03:59 PM
now elevation could be a problem. hopefully they adjust thursday.

I mean you guys beat UNM and Albuquerque was at a higher elevation, but you let a team with d2 talent (Yes I said it) almost beat you. Had it been a sea level you probably would have destroyed them

Elevation + Cold weather is a game changer.

Nickels
December 4th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I'm busy in the day and I like to run on a track; the public track in Huntsville is always packed unless you go late. When I run (not as often as I used to), it's always around 10:30-12:30 @ night. (and it rarely gets that cold in the daytime here) I wear a t-shirt and basketball shorts usually. It's nothing once your warmed up and it isn't too windy and/or wet. I'm no where near as tough as the Kat players though, especially that D xbowx

I think the plane trip and altitude would be the biggest negative if anything. Playing in front of 20K or less is not going to shake these guys.

Sammy94
December 4th, 2012, 04:01 PM
They are worth considering, especially if you find yourself looking for excuses late Friday night.

Its going to be tough one for sure, but I already have my excuse and its not the elements. He has a name...... Bobby Williams. The blame is on him that we even have to be going on the road.

TheRevSFA
December 4th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Its going to be tough one for sure, but I already have my excuse and its not the elements. He has a name...... Bobby Williams. The blame is on him that we even have to be going on the road.

This made me laugh. Great job 94

profisme
December 4th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Go Eagles!

Yes, yes it was.

Leave it MSU fans to talk smack about a game in which they lost.

If you had any semblence of reading comprehension, you would have seen that clawman stated that EWU's receivers schooled the MSU DB's, in particular Flowers. Then, FTG06 and Catbob both posted that, in fact, that was completely untrue. Finally, here you chime in saying that MSU fans are talking smack, when in fact, they/we aren't. I suppose with your act being as old as it is, I should really expect no different than that.

Sam_Kats
December 4th, 2012, 04:29 PM
SFA didn't seem to be affected by the elevation. Was either leading or within a score until a couple minutes left. And yes, the elements have already been accounted for. Vegas has the Bobcats -1 when home field usually gives you 3 pts. It all points to a very entertaining game.

profisme
December 4th, 2012, 04:34 PM
SFA didn't seem to be affected by the elevation. Was either leading or within a score until a couple minutes left. And yes, the elements have already been accounted for. Vegas has the Bobcats -1 when home field usually gives you 3 pts. It all points to a very entertaining game.

I think it is going to be a very close game. SHSU is a very good team and they showed that last year. I just hope to see some payback for last year. ;)

CrazyCat
December 4th, 2012, 04:38 PM
"Just put the ball down"

Grizo406
December 4th, 2012, 06:13 PM
The Grizo will be very happy to see the Bobcats win this one!xnodx

CopperCat
December 4th, 2012, 06:20 PM
If the BOBcats go no huddle, that's when one would think the elevation would have more of an effect.

Go Cats
December 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM
4,400 ft

I think the elevation is actually 4810 ft. Not nose bleed country, but higher than you quoted.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I think the elevation is actually 4810 ft. Not nose bleed country, but higher than you quoted.

At the airport, that's where I got it. That's about 4000 more feet above sea level than Hunstville anyway you slice it.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 4th, 2012, 07:30 PM

Yeah I was thinking more like 4800 too, the track coach has it to the exact foot but I'm not sure what it is.

LuckyKat
December 4th, 2012, 07:47 PM
4,400 ft

EGHHH,
that is something I didnt even think about,
neet to get the team out there asap
366 Feet ASL in Huntsville

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2012, 08:59 PM
The first time I walked 18 holes in Bozeman was when I noticed the altitude. I was actually a little fatigued by the end of the round which is highly unusual for me. It's suppose to finally get cold again this weekend so the thin air combined with the frosty air could pose some trouble for the boys from Texas.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 4th, 2012, 10:05 PM
The first time I walked 18 holes in Bozeman was when I noticed the altitude. I was actually a little fatigued by the end of the round which is highly unusual for me. It's suppose to finally get cold again this weekend so the thin air combined with the frosty air could pose some trouble for the boys from Texas.

70% of snow Thursday!! If we get a decent dump in town that should benefit us some as well.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 04:45 AM
70% of snow Thursday!! If we get a decent dump in town that should benefit us some as well.

As Mr Burns would say. "Excellent".

http://lans-soapbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/excellent-mr-burns.gif

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2012, 08:05 AM

Per wikipedia, which I confirmed with this site http://www.coe.montana.edu/me/faculty/larson/MET456_457/Capstone%201%20F2011/MSU%20Stadium%20Snow%20Removal%20System.htm, the actual elevation at the stadium is 4,940 ft.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Not trying to be confrontational but honestly the only chance MSU has is the weather/altitude. There is a reason montana schools have trouble winning on level playing fields when not in the mountains which only they are accustomed to.

bobcathpdevil56
December 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Not trying to be confrontational but honestly the only chance MSU has is the weather/altitude. There is a reason montana schools have trouble winning on level playing fields when not in the mountains which only they are accustomed to.

Did you watch the SHSU-Cal Poly game? They looked like a team running a new offense for the first time. If they come with that game to Bozeman, there will be some trouble for the BearKats.

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 08:44 AM
It is an advantage, but this version of the Bobcats is undefeated on the road...

At sea level and at altitude :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2012, 08:47 AM

xrolleyesx Never mind the players on the field and coaching staffs, it's all gonna come down to how well Sam adjusts to the environment. xlolx Altitude may give the home team a slight advantage, but the only way I see it as the deciding factor is if MSU wins in the waning moments of the game with Sam's players looking gassed and the Bobcat players looking fresh. Sounds to me like an excuse in waiting.

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2012, 08:53 AM

I believe the Montana schools, much like NDSU, have a great fan base, which gives them a huge home field advantage. Ask anyone who goes to those to those three schools and watches a game.

In past years, take Marshall vs the Griz, they didn't have defenses with defensive backs to cover the wide receivers. I doubt anyone could cover Randy Moss, it was like he was returning punts. That has changed.

Here is a little science for you.

Recall from the VO2 max article that the bodys ability to supply and utilize oxygen is a limiting factor in performance. Up to 1500m (4921ft), altitude has little effect on the body. Above this level, studies on men show the cardiovascular, respiratory and metabolic systems are affected.

Don't let that secret out, or the Montana teams will never win. We like the psychological edge.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2012, 09:02 AM

MSU is built differently than Montana. The Bobcats seem to rely on speed more than size and strength. The 'Cat OL is relatively small by FCS standards.

It's very difficult to win on the road in the FCS playoffs regardless of location.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Cal Poly had sucess because they play the option everyday in practice. And if you check the thread most of the posts about weather and climate were MSU fans. No excuse here you have to play a complete game regardless of the location, should be a good one in a great venue.

slostang
December 5th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Did you watch the SHSU-Cal Poly game? They looked like a team running a new offense for the first time. If they come with that game to Bozeman, there will be some trouble for the BearKats.

Cal Poly may of had something to do with that. Don't forget Cal Poly's defense faces the option every day in practice and had two weeks to prepare for SHSU. MSU has 5 days.

CopperCat
December 5th, 2012, 09:15 AM

This is straight off of egriz. Errrr uh I mean ekats?

BEAR
December 5th, 2012, 09:17 AM

Huh huh...you said "dump"...uh huh huh huh huh

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28600000/beavis-butthead-beavis-and-butthead-28603867-1366-768.jpg

bobcathpdevil56
December 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Cal Poly may of had something to do with that. Don't forget Cal Poly's defense faces the option every day in practice and had two weeks to prepare for SHSU. MSU has 5 days.

You are correct slo. Cal Poly had a lot to do with that. I was just refuting the statement that the only chance MSU had was the weather and altitude. That was a ridiculous statement, like claiming he invented the question mark

Cal Poly did the BSC proud last weekend

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 09:36 AM

Not trying to be confrontational, but you were :D

katstrapper
December 5th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Same five starters from last year in the secondary. All our seniors cept' for Sneed who is a junior.

This is a solid bunch and by far the best secondary unit Sam Houston has ever had.

Darnell Taylor ........... Two Time in all categories-- 1st team all conference, 1st team AFCA All American and SLC Defensive Player of the Year.
Dax Swanson ............ 1st team all conference
Kenneth Jenkins ........ 2nd team all conference
Bookie Sneed ............ 2nd team all conference
Robert Shaw ............. Honorable Mention

kingkat99
December 5th, 2012, 09:42 AM

I watched it and if "Big Game Bell" and Ruse cant do any better than that horrible crap they put together last week we are going to get curb stomped in Bozeman. WIU is more than welcome to take this clown back whenever they are ready.

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 09:43 AM
IS IT FRIDAY YET!!!

BTW, I need to give a xthumbsupx to both fan bases so far for talking mostly football and leaving the smack at home. I know it's only Wednesday, and this could devolve in a hurry but it would be nice if we could keep it up for a few more days. I have a healthy respect for the talent and athleticism of the Bearkats. So far it appears that most of the Kat fans feel the same.

I'm hoping for a hard fought game, no injuries, no trash-talk on the field, and may the best team win. I'm also hoping that the weather will allow both offenses to show what they can do.

So glad to be in a position to possibly move on. We're 2 of only 8 teams left!!

GO CATS!!

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 09:47 AM
This has been pretty civilized. Good job everyone.

Southern Bison
December 5th, 2012, 09:53 AM
That's because xcoach2 is trolling over in the NDSU vs. Wofford thread instead of talking football over here. I'm looking forward to watching a great game on Friday night!

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Right on I'm excited for the game, walkon is right it is a succesful season to be in the top 8 in the country. GO KATS

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM
So happy it is on ESPN2 so my Dad a an old Cat from the 60's can watch.

Going to be an exciting game, and I hope everyone stays healthy.

Wish I was there.

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2012, 10:13 AM
IS IT FRIDAY YET!!!

BTW, I need to give a xthumbsupx to both fan bases so far for talking mostly football and leaving the smack at home. I know it's only Wednesday, and this could devolve in a hurry but it would be nice if we could keep it up for a few more days. I have a healthy respect for the talent and athleticism of the Bearkats. So far it appears that most of the Kat fans feel the same.

I'm hoping for a hard fought game, no injuries, no trash-talk on the field, and may the best team win. I'm also hoping that the weather will aloow both offenses to show what they can do.

So glad to be in a position to possibly move on. We're 2 of only 8 teams left!!

GO CATS!!

Agree with both bolded comments. Hard not to respect SHSU after last year's game. That said, our run defense seemed to be in decline toward the end of last year (see Griz running it all over Bobcat Stadium in a dominant win a few weeks before the Bearkats did), while this year's squad seems to be coming into their own more and more as the year goes on.

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Cal Poly had sucess because they play the option everyday in practice. And if you check the thread most of the posts about weather and climate were MSU fans. No excuse here you have to play a complete game regardless of the location, should be a good one in a great venue.

We brought this up because they are an advantage, much as playing in front of a loud 16-18,000 fan crowd is. But to say intangibles are THE ONLY chance a team has to win seems a little pretentious. Methinks those involved in the game (players, coaches) will have a significantly more important affect on the outcome. I expect a hard fought game between 2 quality teams.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 10:24 AM
On a side note, I'm hijacking the thread to state that I hope you Bobcats make it down for the SFA game in September. Feel free to set up and tailgate with myself and my group.

Okay back to regularly scheduled programming

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I think the coaching in this game will also play a huge part in this, we got out coached in the NC game last year with the fake punt and hurry up screen besides that this game is a nail bitter to the wire.

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Agree with both bolded comments. Hard not to respect SHSU after last year's game. That said, our run defense seemed to be in decline toward the end of last year (see Griz running it all over Bobcat Stadium in a dominant win a few weeks before the Bearkats did), while this year's squad seems to be coming into their own more and more as the year goes on.

We're sure going to miss Minter, Schreibeis, Owens, Fuller and Jones when this is over. (did I miss any senior defensive starters?)

I hope it's not for another month!!!

These guys have been SO much fun to watch, especially in 2012!

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM
On a side note, I'm hijacking the thread to state that I hope you Bobcats make it down for the SFA game in September. Feel free to set up and tailgate with myself and my group.

Okay back to regularly scheduled programming

Sure considering it, but I can drive to Fargo and Grand Forks almost as easy as going to Bozeman, so those might be my road trips in 2013. I would probably have more fun partying in Texas though!!

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Sure considering it, but I can drive to Fargo and Grand Forks almost as easy as going to Bozeman, so those might be my road trips in 2013. I would probably have more fun partying in Texas though!!

Make the trip. It's a 2 hour drive from Houston. Easy to get to

xcoach2
December 5th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Injuries for Montana St?

Sorry if I missed it earlier ITT.

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Injuries for Montana St?

Sorry if I missed it earlier ITT.

The only thing significant is our All Conference RB, Cody Kirk. He sustained a leg injury last Saturday but indications are that he will go. Orenzo Davis is a former 1,000 yard back for us (2010 and was ineligible in 2011 due to grades), who has been really good in relief and was again in the second half against Stony Brook. We have a good stable of backs so if Cody isn't 100% I think we'll be ok.

Sammy94
December 5th, 2012, 11:13 AM
We brought this up because they are an advantage, much as playing in front of a loud 16-18,000 fan crowd is.

This was one of the only good things about playing 2 FBS schools this year. The 44,000 fans at Baylor were nothing compared to the 87,000 at Kyle Field. That is the definition of a loud fan base.

nevadagriz
December 5th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Good luck to the bobcats. I have been so impressed with how the cats always come out on top in close games this year.
Should be a great game and look forward to the cat fans filling up their stadium and showing the nation how football is supported across the whole state of Montana. You can't call msu dominating or flashy but they will find a way to win , very solid TEAM.
Note to cat fans get your butt to the stadium cheer your team on and enjoy every second of this seasons success! You may have ten more years just like it or it may be gone in an instant. Be loud and be proud!

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 11:23 AM
This was one of the only good things about playing 2 FBS schools this year. The 44,000 fans at Baylor were nothing compared to the 87,000 at Kyle Field. That is the definition of a loud fan base.

No one would dispute that Kyle field is in a much different realm than any FCS venue, including Bobcat Stadium. We know, we were there recently. I do think it's different in the playoffs vs. a play-up game. You guys had nothing to lose against TAM.

Walkon79
December 5th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Good luck to the bobcats. I have been so impressed with how the cats always come out on top in close games this year.
Should be a great game and look forward to the cat fans filling up their stadium and showing the nation how football is supported across the whole state of Montana. You can't call msu dominating or flashy but they will find a way to win , very solid TEAM.
Note to cat fans get your butt to the stadium cheer your team on and enjoy every second of this seasons success! You may have ten more years just like it or it may be gone in an instant. Be loud and be proud!

Thanks Nevadagriz. I would settle for 10 years of being in the hunt for the BSC championship and a spot in the show, and I truly hope that Cat/Griz is for the BSC chipper in each of those 10 years.

And I hope that every few years we get some home cookin in the playoffs, just like 2012. It's just so important if you want to make a run.

catbob
December 5th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Argh is it Friday yet!

This could be the loudest Bobcat stadium has ever been. The loudest games I've been to are the Furman game in 06, and the UNH game last year (heard last week was crazy as well but I didn't go), all were under our normal attendance averages. It is sounding from early reports the game will likely sellout, first nationally televised game in Bobcat stadium history, should be 18000+ fans rocking on Friday night!

Not saying it will be the loudest game the Kats have faced this year, but the fans are going to get on them all game (assuming we don't get crushed haha). Wish I could be there.

I'm most worried about our OL holding up the blitz mania the athletic Kat D deploys.

Sam_Kats
December 5th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I think the civility has more to do with 2 classy fan bases without having to deal with SPEW from NDSU or Montana fans.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 12:14 PM

i know you all keep throwing this around, but we put 15 in our stadium and have to fight the 8 FBS schools within an couple hours drive for fans.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 12:23 PM
i know you all keep throwing this around, but we put 15 in our stadium and have to fight the 8 FBS schools within an couple hours drive for fans.

You may have for one playoff game, but not regularly. The most you had this year was UIW and 11k

From Katfans.com

Not sure if any of you are ready for this, but here is what I dug up. 2000-2012 where we ranked as an FCS team and how many games we played at home with the avg attendance.

Year Rank Attendance Home Games
2000 54th 7,444 5
2001 42nd 9,176 5
2002 61st 6244 5
2003 69th 6,386 5
2004 36th 9067 8
2005 36th 9,269 4
2006 38th 9,469 5
2007 38th 9,627 5
2008 29th 10,076 5
2009 72nd 5,370 6
2010 71st 6,337 4
2011 58th 8,083 9
2012 44th 8,782 4

nevadagriz
December 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM

i apologize i was not throwing anything around. I just take pride in the fact that both schools get great turnouts. I do not want to go down the road of reasons why, just making a comment while wishing the rival good luck.xthumbsupx

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 12:59 PM
and here we go. those are the stats we release as a school for admin purposes, dont ask me why, in the cal poly game there were 15,137 in attendance.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 01:00 PM
and here we go. those are the stats we release as a school for admin purposes, dont ask me why, in the cal poly game there were 15,137 in attendance.

There might have been 11k..there wasn't 15k

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 01:00 PM
the staduim holds 14,000 and we have people sitting on grass, I know you lumberhacks are sour...

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 01:01 PM
the staduim holds 15,000 and we have people sitting on grass, I know you lumberhacks are sour...

Our stadium holds more than yours and we have people sitting on the grass..what's your point?

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 01:03 PM
must be hard getting that a$$ whooped 10 out of the last 13 years.... ouch its starting to not be such a rivalry at that point haha 50-35 overall

"stepchildren tend to stay sour"

kingkat99
December 5th, 2012, 01:08 PM
There might have been 11k..there wasn't 15k

There MIGHT have been 7k there. Second worse turnout if this season.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
There MIGHT have been 7k there. Second worse turnout if this season.

You must have not been there our staduim was not at half capacity, nor was it the worst turnout of the season.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
must be hard getting that a$$ whooped 10 out of the last 13 years.... ouch its starting to not be such a rivalry at that point haha 50-35 overall

"stepchildren tend to stay sour"

Funny.

What's even more amusing is that SFA and Sam have the same amount of NC's..which is what matters, and that's 0.

Too bad your favorite rival Texas State left your *** behind.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Funny.

What's even more amusing is that SFA and Sam have the same amount of NC's..which is what matters, and that's 0.

Too bad your favorite rival Texas State left your *** behind.

wasnt much of a rival either... And my team getting beaten regularly wouldnt be funny to me (if i was a SFA fan) How many times has SFA been to the NC? But I honestly could care less go troll on a SFA board, oh wait there isnt one...

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 01:16 PM
wasnt much of a rival either... And my team getting beaten regularly wouldnt be funny to me (if i was a SFA fan) How many times has SFA been to the NC? But I honestly could care less go troll on a SFA board, oh wait there isnt one...

SFA made it before Sam, big guy, but I don't live in the past

You're more than welcome to come to Lumberjackfans.com. Hell, I'll even approve you to join.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 01:17 PM

Well you didn't show up until Sammy finally made the playoffs.

Bearkat-Backer
December 5th, 2012, 01:18 PM
SFA made it* before Sam, big guy, but I don't live in the past

Fixed

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Fixed

I was waiting for you to do that.

fmrbearkat
December 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Well you didn't show up until Sammy finally made the playoffs.

Looks like you weren't around when SHSU finally made it to the playoffs either...you were still trolling the D2 message boards! We made it to the Quarterfinals in 2001 and the Semi's in 2004!

CopperCat
December 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM

Why would a school under-report attendance? It's not good for "moving up" potential and it doesnt affect the schools revenue???

kingkat99
December 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM
You must have not been there our staduim was not at half capacity, nor was it the worst turnout of the season.

Reading comprehension goes a looong way...I said SECOND worse behind Southeastern Louisiana, but you would have to show up before the playoffs to know that. Ive had the same seats(Sec E Row 31 Seats 1-5) for years. Just to prove youre either a damn liar or have penis envy of these Montana/NDSU programs attendance wise here is a pic from the game saturday. And this pic doesnt really show all the space still available, but it does show there isnt anyone in the grass because they have to be. Thanks for playin

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/108/calpoly.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/calpoly.jpg/)

fmrbearkat
December 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I would say there was more than 7k but not 14k. It looked like around 10k-11k to me. Not as much as any of the playoff games last year but it wasnt half full either. Home side was full and visitor side had both top corners just like you picture and there were some sitting on the grass on the home side but no more than 100. My view was from the pressbox.

Bearkat-Backer
December 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I was waiting for you to do that.

I just can't help myself.

kingkat99
December 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Only people in the grass were in the grass because they wanted to be. Take the band out and make everybody sit in 1 seat and it may be closer to the 8-9 range at best. I just cant stand our fans posting stupid crap like "we put 15 in our stadium and have people in the grass" and other wanger measuring posts that A. Arent true and B. make the rest of us look stupid.

fmrbearkat
December 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Only people in the grass were in the grass because they wanted to be. Take the band out and make everybody sit in 1 seat and it may be closer to the 8-9 range at best. I just cant stand our fans posting stupid crap like "we put 15 in our stadium and have people in the grass" and other wanger measuring posts that A. Arent true and B. make the rest of us look stupid.

true....i still can't stand the fact that we underreport though. 9 or 10k looks alot better than 7k. Thats a joke for a team that has done what we have. it shouldve been full and i still can't figure why it wasn't. I have to think it was because of the timing of the A&M game. I saw 10 times the chatter on facebook about that game vs the playoff game!

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 01:53 PM
definately dont have penis envy king kat since i actually played in this stadium but appreciate your thoughts.

kingkat99
December 5th, 2012, 02:02 PM
definately dont have penis envy king kat since i actually played in this stadium but appreciate your thoughts.

So you went to Huntsville High School?? xsmileyclapx

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Sure didnt, and i honestly dont think you deserve to speak to me considering what i and my family have done for this program and most likely what you have done which is nothing... please get to the game...

fmrbearkat
December 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM
wow....im guessing your pretty young! Or CK...either one makes sense. xnodx

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 02:21 PM
CK?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2012, 02:22 PM
http://newnation.sg/wp-content/uploads/eat-popcorn-3D.gif

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 02:22 PM
wow....im guessing your pretty young! Or CK...either one makes sense. xnodx

I figured it was a drunken Rhett Bomar posting.

Sam_Kats
December 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I don't care if you're Tim freaking Flanders himself...telling other FCS fans that we pack 15k in our stadium is foolish & makes us look as such. That's Kk's point. Get over yourself, T.O.

kingkat99
December 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM
And the 2012 Internet Tough Guy of the year award goes to.....BNATION.

BNATION
December 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM
right on so the game.... Im pretty sure that would be you talking smack which you wouldnt in person im sure so we can leave it at that.

Nickels
December 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Who needs to bicker with the opposing teams when you have fellow posters like these? xthumbsupx

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
How does it go, "divide and conquer"?

Kudos for policing yourselves. A serious act of class, and I am not joking.

Sam_Kats
December 5th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Ha. KK goes 6'5", 3 bills. This is funny.

But, yes, back to MSU.

Sammy94
So you went to Huntsville High School??

Now that was funny. xlmaox

Bearkat-Backer
right on so the game.... Im pretty sure that would be you talking smack which you wouldnt in person im sure so we can leave it at that.

You are either a troll trying to make Sam fans look like d-bags or you are... well I think you get it.